arcade game prices ( wii, psn, xbl )

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Himura_Batousai
Himura_Batousai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Himura_Batousai
Member since 2006 • 885 Posts

i dont understand why people complain so much about arcade prices when in the old days people would shell out $40-$60 for the same amount if sometimes a lot less content than what arcade games have to offer today its just kinda silly i mean i understand from the consumer perspective but if you want more games developers have to make at least a small profit. just my opinion. no disrespect to anyone.

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

in the old days people would shell out $40-$60 for the same amount if sometimes a lot less content than what arcade games have to offer today

Himura_Batousai

Cool, but you know that was in the past when that was the norm. These days games have the space to be a lot bigger, and those that don't try to take advantage of that shouldn't be full price.

Himura_Batousai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Himura_Batousai

but the most ive seen an arcade game cost is $15 which really isnt much compared to a full retail game.

davidkamayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 davidkamayor
Member since 2008 • 1642 Posts

It never really bothered me at all.

Rip off DLC is a diffrent story. (Looking at you Assassin's Creed II)

Himura_Batousai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Himura_Batousai

come on lets not get steam involved in this we all know steam is god lol. think about this though games these days are not cheap to produce when before it took a handful of people now it takes a few hundred

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

15 bucks is just way to much for most of these games. 10 bones is more of a nice price. Even when we count DLC 15 is just to high imo. I mean 15 bucks for something like COD map pack wth. Personally for me 10 bucks is the sweet spot.