Apex Legends Hits 10 Million Players In 72 Hours | Edit: Over 25 Million

• 77 results
Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#51 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2660 posts) -

@kuu2 said:
@goldenelementxl said:

@TheEroica: Zero progression? The battle pass (coming soon) unlocks and stats are the progression. And the accomplishment of winning a match feels like nothing else in gaming. The anxiety shakes and sudden urge to make a bowel movement when it’s down to the top 2 or 3 is a feeling most other games can’t produce.

You on the east or west coast? I'm playing a lot at night,

East coast. I play most nights unless the kids aren't sleeping (like last night) If I see you on and can play for a bit, I'll hit you up

#52 Posted by with_teeth26 (9268 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:
@with_teeth26 said:

I'll be interested to see how well it retains players

I've played a couple hours, and will probably play a bit more, but its not really my cup of tea. I still prefer the more tactical/realistic approach to combat in a BR game that PUBG/Ring of Elysium offers... I'd rather play Overwatch or TF2 for this more class/ability based approach to gameplay.

I'd much rather have a new Titanfall game from these guys.

game is very well made but a bit overhyped imo

The entire BR genre is overhyped imo :P

Even though I've played a lot of it, I'm starting to think it is...

pretty sure the reason I enjoy PUBG is its a fun tactical shooter, the mode is kinda secondary. If I could convince my friends to play RS2 or Insurgency Sandstorm instead i'd drop it in a heartbeat

#53 Posted by Jag85 (12736 posts) -

@phbz: The Hunger Games was a huge hit despite being about kids killing kids. Although it was toned-down from Battle Royale.

Come to think of it, Hunger Games is to Battle Royale what Fortnite is to PUBG.

#54 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2660 posts) -

#55 Posted by BlackBalls (1498 posts) -

Really happy for these guys, I personally don't like this type of game - but had a feeling EA would close them down if they kept having lukewarm sales.

#56 Posted by phbz (4082 posts) -

They really nailed it, I just wished time to kill was a bit shorter but I'm having a blast and I'm not much of an online shooter guy. But battle royale games are a very welcomed rethinking of the genre to me.

But now we have to deal with the curse of the Source Engine. No number 3s.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#57 Edited by SolidGame_basic (23726 posts) -

Wow, I was made a champion for one game lol

#58 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19124 posts) -
@goldenelementxl said:

I wonder how will this affect Anthem?

#59 Edited by speedytimsi (767 posts) -

I was watching an Australian streamer on Fortnite. There were only 38 players in squads out of 100

#Sadtimes

#60 Posted by kuu2 (11015 posts) -

Games a monster. Can't wait to see how they progress it.

#61 Posted by jeezers (2267 posts) -

Its better than fortnite and pubg..

Still would rather have a new titanfall instead that had traditional team deathmatch.

Being able to revive your teamates , marking enemies and special abilities help mix it up, BR still doesnt compare to team deathmatch MP tho imo

#62 Posted by Vatusus (9148 posts) -

Tried it, played 3 matches, uninstalled.

I seriously dont see what people see in these BR games... I find them boring asf. Titanfall 3 is no more because of this? sad face

#63 Posted by ProtossRushX (5013 posts) -

where are all these players coming from the game looks like free to play trash dumpster fire battle royal

I can't stand battle royal anymore stop playing these games people get good games that cost 60 and have everything in the game and yeah

#64 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2660 posts) -

@Vatusus: BR’s are boring? I find every other genre boring now. The high of a win is unmatched in video games

#65 Edited by Vatusus (9148 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:

@Vatusus: BR’s are boring? I find every other genre boring now. The high of a win is unmatched in video games

hum, cool? Imma happy for you. I tried Fortnite, I tried Apex. Didnt like them one bit. They're just not my cup of tea, I guess. Competitive games never been my thing, especially shooters

#66 Edited by tormentos (28273 posts) -

Has some serious issues,many times i spent more time finding a match,choosing a character and launching than actually playing the game,specially if you are pair with really mediocre players,i don't consider my self even average but most people i have play on my team suck 10 times more than me,weapons feel unbalance as well.

#67 Posted by Jag85 (12736 posts) -

@phbz said:

They really nailed it, I just wished time to kill was a bit shorter but I'm having a blast and I'm not much of an online shooter guy. But battle royale games are a very welcomed rethinking of the genre to me.

The idea of battle royale games was actually floating around for a long time, among fans of the movie Battle Royale. I remember back in the early 2000s, me and a friend were thinking up ways of adapting the movie into video game format. And I'm sure the thought must've crossed the minds of other Battle Royale fans. It was only a matter of time before some Battle Royale fans eventually started adapting the idea into mods and then full-blown video games.

#68 Posted by Litchie (23092 posts) -

I've played the game and I have formed my opinion. It's highly overrated, as I thought.

The game is basically Titanfall, but without the titans, game modes and wallrunning. A stripped down Titanfall in a BR mode. And people shower it in praise. Since BR isn't a very fun formula to me, this is not a game for me. Gameplay is just slow. Running around gathering things isn't fun to me. Die early and have to find a new match isn't fun to me. Winning wasn't even fun to me.

I absolutely hate how this game gets praise. It's just a worse Titanfall in BR. Am I the only one who have played games in my life before this game?

#69 Posted by kuu2 (11015 posts) -

You don't have to like the game genre but the execution in which Respawn pulled this off is something to behold. They announce and launch the game on the same day without a hitch. The game is super competitive and garners success in a mere week. Don't like the game fine but please stop with the 'I can't believe this game is ………….'. It comes off as uber elitist.

#70 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2660 posts) -

@Litchie said:

The game is basically Titanfall, but without the titans, game modes and wallrunning. A stripped down Titanfall in a BR mode. And people shower it in praise.

I absolutely hate how this game gets praise. It's just a worse Titanfall in BR. Am I the only one who have played games in my life before this game?

As a Titanfall fan, I can say you are wrong. As a gamer of 30+ years, I can say you are wrong.

#71 Edited by Litchie (23092 posts) -
@goldenelementxl said:
@Litchie said:

The game is basically Titanfall, but without the titans, game modes and wallrunning. A stripped down Titanfall in a BR mode. And people shower it in praise.

As a Titanfall fan, I can say you are wrong. As a gamer of 30+ years, I can say you are wrong.

Would be awesome if you explained how I'm so wrong. There's new weapons, characters and abilities. Hardly praise worthy, imo. Otherwise I just see a stripped Titanfall with a BR formula.

#72 Edited by R10nu (1472 posts) -
@Litchie said:

I just see a stripped Titanfall with a BR formula.

Ah yes, the squad-based tactical plays and ability combinations that Titanfall, the apex of ego shooters, was known for.

#73 Posted by Randoggy (3413 posts) -

Much more fun than Fornite, Blackout, ROE. Still end up going back to PUBG though.

#74 Edited by kweeni (11381 posts) -

I started playing this game two days ago and I have to say, it's a ton of fun. BR games didn't interest me before this, mostly because they all looked "meh". But Respawn just nailed it with Apex, imo. It's even more fun when you can get your friends to join, sadly I only have one friend who plays on pc.

In any case I'm looking forward to see what the future brings for this game. New maps, characters, whatever else they come up with. Heard rumors of a solo and duo mode as well, that would be so cool if true.

#76 Edited by Kali-B1rd (1793 posts) -
@xantufrog said:

I didn't even know what it was. These fad games come too fast for my old brain to keep up. So, is Fortnite dead now?

What Fad? Genres been around for 3-4 years now , and all 3 big games still have 100s thousands of players concurrently.

Just like MOBAS

#77 Posted by xantufrog (10582 posts) -

@kali-b1rd: I don't mean that the genre isn't here to stay or isn't popular. I mean that it seems like these kind of games have one or two big runaway (like, insane popularity) every year. Then a new one wipes it off the map when it does something a little differently. I don't keep up - so I know what the genre is but one year's hot topic vs the next flies over my head.