Apex Legends 9/10 GameSpot

• 57 results
#1 Posted by XVision84 (15598 posts) -

Source: https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/apex-legends-review-battle-royale-the-way-it-shoul/1900-6417083/

This game really came out of nowhere.

#2 Edited by lundy86_4 (52363 posts) -

I only played part of a round, but it was pretty damn solid. I'll probably sink a little time, but F2P isn't usually my jam.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#3 Posted by SolidGame_basic (23946 posts) -

Wow, what opportunists

#4 Posted by Mandzilla (3803 posts) -

Impressive!

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
#5 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (10030 posts) -

I'm honestly not really into F2P or Battle Royale games but, Apex is a pretty solid game.

#6 Posted by Basinboy (13838 posts) -

9/10 for shooter mechanics

5/10 for its gameplay format

#7 Posted by Archangel3371 (27357 posts) -

Yeah it really is a damn solid game.

#8 Posted by Alucard_Prime (10051 posts) -

My favorite BR game so far, but I really hope they add Titans later on somehow

#9 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (8441 posts) -
@Basinboy said:

Can you please elaborate a little? Some of my friends are trying to convince me to get it, but I don't really want another battle royale game installed on my PC.

#10 Posted by XVision84 (15598 posts) -

https://www.gameinformer.com/review/apex-legends/embracing-the-new-frontier

And a 9.25 from Game Informer. I really didn't expect this to be THAT good.

#11 Posted by DrLostRib (4734 posts) -

yeah, it's been pretty good, especially for a game that just dropped out of nowhere

#12 Edited by uninspiredcup (32191 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

Wow, what opportunists

How exactly is it not? Going down the Battle Royal mode is the go-to easy money road and it bears little resemblance to the original IP.

Being good or bad is completely irrelevant.

Avatar image for the_master_race
#13 Posted by the_master_race (4553 posts) -

I'm gonna install it see how it is

#14 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25136 posts) -
@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@Basinboy said:

Can you please elaborate a little? Some of my friends are trying to convince me to get it, but I don't really want another battle royale game installed on my PC.

It's like 12 gbs. Even if you don't like it, it's really not that much data.

#15 Posted by Vatusus (9271 posts) -

Played a round. Solid gameplay but I would still prefer Titanfall 3... but knowing EA, it wont happen anytime soon

#16 Posted by XVision84 (15598 posts) -

@the_master_race: Yup me too. I don't normally like battle royale but this is an interesting mix.

#17 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9428 posts) -

Downlaoding apex legends now. since its free and receiving postive feedbacks.

#18 Edited by uninspiredcup (32191 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

Sad to see you lowering yourself to this my freind, always held you in such high esteem.

Now a Fortnite player.

Woe.

#19 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9428 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Sad to see you lowering yourself to this my freind, always held you in such high esteem.

Now a Fortnite player.

Woe.

Its free 2 play.

its respawn game who are solid developers.

what else we are loosing?

it might hold me till Metro came out.

#20 Edited by uninspiredcup (32191 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Now a Fortnite player.

Woe.

Its free 2 play.

Dignity my freind. The greatest human-resource.

After condemning this game, tut-tut. That's some might backtracking.

#21 Edited by X_CAPCOM_X (8441 posts) -

@DragonfireXZ95: I'm more referring to fatigue I am experiencing with the genre. Its sort of a simple repetetive mode compared to other more strategic fps modes if you catch my drift. Does apex solve the common battle royale issues? The events that happen too often like you/your opponent got the bad rng weapon while your opponent/you got the gun they needed right after spawn/drop?

#22 Edited by DragonfireXZ95 (25136 posts) -
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@DragonfireXZ95: I'm more referring to fatigue I am experiencing with the genre. Its sort of a simple repetetive mode compared to other more strategic fps modes if you catch my drift. Does apex solve the common battle royale issues? The events that happen too often like you/your opponent got the bad rng weapon while your opponent/you got the gun they needed right after spawn/drop?

Nope, it's still heavily RNG based with loot.

#23 Posted by dagubot (1215 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Now a Fortnite player.

Woe.

Its free 2 play.

Dignity my freind. The greatest human-resource.

After condemning this game, tut-tut. That's some might backtracking.

So true...lmao. Ghost hates multiplayer.

#24 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30519 posts) -

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

It's like 12 gbs. Even if you don't like it, it's really not that much data.

I'm pretty sure there are still places on this planet where downloading 12gb will take months.

But what's the point in playing an online shooter there anyway?

#25 Posted by brimmul777 (4004 posts) -

Going to download it on my day off, but waiting for the Battlefield V BR. More anxious for that.

#26 Posted by kuu2 (11088 posts) -

It will define what BR is supposed to be.

#27 Edited by watercrack445 (1346 posts) -

Its seems like anyone could make a free BR game nowadays and it will instantly get 10 million downloads. Even just a hobo who lives in a cardboard box and next day he becomes a millionaire.

#28 Posted by Randoggy (3442 posts) -

@watercrack445 said:

Its seems like anyone could make a free BR game nowadays and it will instantly get 10 million downloads. Even just a hobo who lives in a cardboard box and next day he becomes a millionaire.

How'd that work out for Cliffy B?

#29 Posted by misrespect (72 posts) -

i got into a game and then turned off the xbox after realizing it's a team oriented vg and that's just not my style.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#30 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2874 posts) -

@watercrack445: So RoE, Realm Royale, Radical Heights all hit 10 millions users and were mega hits? I must have missed that...

#31 Posted by DaVillain- (35508 posts) -

Pass. I'm waiting for Anthem and holding my MP energy until the game launches Feb. 14.

#32 Posted by adamosmaki (10710 posts) -

Great what the gaming world needed. Another f2p BR game

#33 Posted by VFighter (4623 posts) -

Downloaded it yesterday, gonna hopefully play it today.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#34 Posted by SolidGame_basic (23946 posts) -

This game is amazing. Totally stole my weekend.

#35 Posted by Jag85 (13248 posts) -

Looks like Apex is about to steal Fortnite's thunder... Which is fitting, since Fortnite stole PUBG's thunder. And now Fortnite is about to get a taste of its own medicine.

#36 Posted by Syn_Valence (1772 posts) -

I installed it and only played through the training. Then i went back to the Fallout 4. I don't know why that game is so addicting.

#37 Edited by Litchie (23478 posts) -

Played it this weekend.

Pretty funny how they made Titanfall popular by stripping it of its' Titans, wallrunning and game modes in favor of simpler gameplay with just a BR mode. They basically took away things from their previous game and got millions of players, LMFAO. And a 9/10 at that by IdiotSpot, jesus fucking christ.

That said, it was pretty fun for a while. Much simpler and worse than Titanfall 2 though. I might play it a couple more times if my friends are playing, until I get seriously bored. How other people don't get bored with these fucking BR games faster than they are is beyond my understanding.

#38 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9428 posts) -

@Litchie said:

Played it this weekend.

Pretty funny how they made Titanfall popular by stripping it of its' Titans, wallrunning and game modes in favor of simpler gameplay with just a BR mode. They basically took away things from their previous game and got millions of players, LMFAO. And a 9/10 at that by IdiotSpot, jesus fucking christ.

That said, it was pretty fun for a while. Much simpler and worse than Titanfall 2 though. I might play it a couple more times if my friends are playing, until I get seriously bored. How other people don't get bored with these fucking BR games faster than they are is beyond my understanding.

with this being popular. and EA owned titanfall. we will not see single player titanfall 3 sadly.

#39 Posted by R10nu (1487 posts) -

@Litchie said:

Pretty funny how they made Titanfall popular by stripping it of its' Titans, wallrunning and game modes in favor of simpler gameplay with just a BR mode.

The story of Titanfall is similar to household arena shooter titles like Quake and UT.

New game gets released, everybody hypes its cool movement tech and high skill ceiling. Every streamer jumps on it.

A week later it's crickets and tumbleweed.

Because despite most gamers claiming they want high skill ceiling games, getting destroyed by people at the height of said ceiling makes them quit the game in a heartbeat, and never come back.

#40 Posted by Ten_Pints (3713 posts) -

0/10 for originality.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#41 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2874 posts) -

@Syn_Valence said:

I installed it and only played through the training. I don't know why that game is so addicting.

You never actually played the game, yet you don't understand why it's addicting? The training takes like 2 minutes... How many games do you only give 2 minutes before dismissing?

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#42 Posted by Blackhairedhero (2974 posts) -

I honestly thought it sucked. None of the champs were appealing to me.

#43 Posted by Zidaneski (8817 posts) -

The game is meh to me. Played a couple rounds and it plays pretty well but you have to play in a squad. This is a game you'll have fun with your friends right now and hopefully it does well enough for them to add legs to it.

#44 Posted by Kali-B1rd (1930 posts) -

Finally the battle royale game for me.

No shitty TPS because those games suck.

The excellent Titanfall shooting mechanics that should of killed CoD, but failed because scrubs couldn't adapt.

#45 Edited by Ghosts4ever (9428 posts) -

played few minutes and uninstalled it. i cant see any fun in it. yes its gunplay is nice but battle royale is most boring genre that invent this gen. there is no wall running mechanics that make titanfall a titanfall.

there is no fun in you land in big map and find and loot ammo and roam around here and there and if you are killed you have to wait for like hour.

#46 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30519 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

played few minutes and uninstalled it. i cant see any fun in it. yes its gunplay is nice but battle royale is most boring genre that invent this gen. there is no wall running mechanics that make titanfall a titanfall.

there is no fun in you land in big map and find and loot ammo and roam around here and there and if you are killed you have to wait for like hour.

lmao you played Apex Legends longer than you played Battlefield V.

#47 Posted by Sancho_Panzer (712 posts) -

What an absolute phenomenon! Discovered that it's not for me, but glad almost everyone else is enjoying it. :)

It's kind of a high risk to a site's scoring reputation, though, don't you think, reviewing F2P games, where every f^(%£r with a gaming system can assess it for themselves without risk to their wallets (no $60 confirmation bias to feed). I wouldn't even know where to begin, scoring a free game...

Sorry mods, if this counts as a necro - I didn't want to create a new thread just for this one comment.

#48 Edited by PernicioEnigma (6040 posts) -

@watercrack445 said:

What are you waiting for then?

#49 Posted by ApexGODS (1 posts) -

Hi Everyone!

I have just started a new youtube channel named ApexGODS, in witch I will try to gather all the best streams from the best Apex Legends players from around the globe. For the first video, we have Shroud the god :)

Hopefully, someone will go on my channel and hit the Like and Subscribe buttons, so I can get motivated to get more content for you guys.

I don't know if I am allowed to post a link for my channel, so please someone reply if this is allowed :)

Thank you, and enjoy!

#50 Posted by Randoggy (3442 posts) -

@apexgods said:

Hi Everyone!

I have just started a new youtube channel named ApexGODS, in witch I will try to gather all the best streams from the best Apex Legends players from around the globe. For the first video, we have Shroud the god :)

Hopefully, someone will go on my channel and hit the Like and Subscribe buttons, so I can get motivated to get more content for you guys.

I don't know if I am allowed to post a link for my channel, so please someone reply if this is allowed :)

Thank you, and enjoy!

Naw.