Anyone who thinks Nintendo is going to win this generation is deluded.

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FoamingPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 FoamingPanda
Member since 2003 • 2567 Posts

Actually, it's perfectly acceptable (and probable) to think that Nintendo will lead sales this generation.  Remember, Nintendo is seeking to expand the market and only needs to retain the traditional gaming enthusiast (who, if they realize it or not, still appreciates things like complex gameplay, depth, and signs of technological innovation) until it can gain its new audience.

A gamer who believes that this is a good thing for Nintendo fans is the person who is actually deluded.

phatkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 phatkav
Member since 2005 • 1357 Posts

"Wii is selling crazy with $250 price tag"

"next year demand falls down"

"Price goes down to $150"

"Goes outside to camp for a Wii" 

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36303 Posts
The reason why i think people complain about the graphics is because they're console boys that have been stuck with cheap graphics for 5+ years. On PC i've gotten used to the shiny graphics and i can tell you that it's not everything. Sure the 360 and ps3 will be awesome, but the Wii brings something fun and new to the table.
FoamingPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 FoamingPanda

phatkav

Haha, I'd buy a Wii for 50 dollars.  No more.

Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts
You will never convince a Wii fanboy of this as true as I believe it to be. The Wii is a system made for people who do not like videogames I am not sure why the Wii fanboys do not realise this yet.
phatkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 phatkav
[QUOTE="phatkav"]

FoamingPanda

Haha, I'd buy a Wii for 50 dollars. No more.

The point is no matter how bad the graphics are or how long the fad will last, the Wii will win because of its price tag.  

RogerC44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#57 RogerC44
Member since 2006 • 2504 Posts
If all the consoles were sold on the same day, the same time, the Wii would be winning. So the Wii has the best chance of winning.
FoamingPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 FoamingPanda
[QUOTE="FoamingPanda"][QUOTE="phatkav"]

phatkav

The point is no matter how bad the graphics are or how long the fad will last, the Wii will win because of its price tag.  

Yep. 

Their mission statement and marketing strats will also ensure the highest sales.

They're also wise (for purely finacial purposes) to simply reaffirm the limitations of gaming, and limit the function of gaming to little more than a childish toy that provides only the most basic and shallow forms of entertainment.

If a person believes that these effects are good for the industry, and Nintendo fans in paticular, then it is you who is deluded, =/.

phatkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 phatkav
[QUOTE="phatkav"][QUOTE="FoamingPanda"][QUOTE="phatkav"]

FoamingPanda

Yep.

Their mission statement and marketing strats will also ensure the highest sales.

They're also wise (for purely finacial purposes) to simply reaffirm the limitations of gaming, and limit the function of gaming to little more than a childish toy that provides only the most basic and shallow forms of entertainment.

If a person believes that these effects are good for the industry, and Nintendo fans in paticular, then it is you who is deluded, =/.

If you were talking about the Wiimote, then I do believe it's good for the industry. Sony did a similar thing with their SixAxis and most likely Microsoft will do the same thin, if not this gen then most likely the next one. 

Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Nex_Ownage
Member since 2004 • 4753 Posts

A gamer who believes that this is a good thing for Nintendo fans is the person who is actually deluded.

FoamingPanda
Elaborate. :|
Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#61 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
Anyone who says any certain system is going to win at this point in the game is deluded.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

There's been probably around...50 anti-Wii threads today?

I guess that's because it's Saturday. The kids aren't in school.

Tsug_Ze_Wind
no school for another week
miss_kitt3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 miss_kitt3n
Member since 2006 • 2717 Posts
The Wii will be soon forgotten like the hula hoop.
phatkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 phatkav

The Wii will be soon forgotten like the hula hoop.miss_kitt3n

How do you know? 

Silvereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Silvereign
Member since 2006 • 3006 Posts

:|

You should've just wrote 'The Wii won't win this generation because it's a gimmick.' The rest is a blur of opinions than to truths.

Also, I think a game like Loco Roco is graphically better than many new games released.Teh_Stevz

Truth - The Wii's capabilities don't qualify as a next generation technology

Truth - They have the weakest media features

Truth - They have the weakest third party support

Truth - Their still sticking with "teh kiddy"

Truth - It's selling well because its cheap not because its a great system. It finishes last in all other areas.

Those are the facts.  

haols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 haols
Member since 2005 • 2348 Posts
This is NOTHING but damage control. You could just as well have written "Wii is teh gimmicks"... Guess what, it is no gimmick. Why? It is weaker then the competition, but seriously no one has ever died from playing a game in SD. The controler, why is it a gimmick? That's right there is no arguement for it, to say that is just plain ranting.
Silvereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Silvereign

[QUOTE="miss_kitt3n"]The Wii will be soon forgotten like the hula hoop.phatkav

How do you know?

How can you not see that online is the future of gamming combined with near CGI graphics, and revolutionary gameplay?

You talk about gameplay. 360 and PS3 >>>Wii's gameplay. The stuff you are able to do and how you interact with the game is crazy. And its safe to assume that down the line their will be games that make MGS4 look like a joke while we look at the Wii spec sheet and see no significantly more powerful the the Xbox or if its even weaker since the XBox is able to do things the Wii can't. There are somuch third party support for 360 and PS3 its insane. It's going to be about PS3 and 360 only soon and only one winner will emerge out of that too. If Nintendo had built their system for longevity and make it at least half as powerful as 360 I would say it has a chance. 

Basically its like the the N64 competing agaisnt the PS2 and Xbox.  

FoamingPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 FoamingPanda
[QUOTE="FoamingPanda"]

Nex_Ownage

I've already explained why at least 50 times on system wars.

Check my profile for more information.  Generally, because Nintendo is limiting the functionality of gaming, offering an inferior product at a ridiculously high price, turning its back on its loyal fans, and decreasing the quality and complexity of games.

These are bad things for the industry -- especially for the Nintendo fan.

amourkiss588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 amourkiss588
Member since 2005 • 315 Posts

weird

if you hate Nintendo this much, and since they are not the only company around

you can always go with Sony or MS ...

wuts the big deal?

haols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 haols
Member since 2005 • 2348 Posts

[QUOTE="Teh_Stevz"]:|

You should've just wrote 'The Wii won't win this generation because it's a gimmick.' The rest is a blur of opinions than to truths.

Also, I think a game like Loco Roco is graphically better than many new games released.Silvereign

:lol: Why is not next-gen technology? What defines next-gen?  To be stronger than the earlier instalment, guess what, Wii > GC

True

Ds had weak third-party from teh start, Wii is selling faster then the competition and is cheaper to dev for, anyone would realise that is going to generate more games.

So, insecurity among young teenagers is nintendos fault?
What makes a Mario game more "kiddy" then a Shooter?

Truth - It's selling well because its cheap not because its a great system. It finishes last in all other areas.

Have you asked everyone who bought a Wii for the reasons of their purchase? No I thought not.

Those are the facts.  

Those are the corrected facts ;)

FoamingPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 FoamingPanda

weird

wuts the big deal?

amourkiss588

Nintendo is attempting to radically alter consumer demand within the industry by reaffirming age-old stereotypes about gaming (its sole function is to provide simplistic "family-friendly" games for kids and dorks).  If they accomplish this feat, a new market of consumers will emerge and these consumers will demand far more simple and shallow games.  Given the enormous cost of developing a meaningful next-gen game, Nintendo and other third-party devs will be more than happy to meet their demands.

If this route turns out to be incredibly profitable, other companies might follow their example and complex games could become increasingly scarce (because there no longer exists an incentive to create high-quality games; casual fans will buy just about anything if the marketing is strong enough).

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#72 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
NEWSFLASH: Nobody cares what you want. And that whole post is nothing but "I want" and "Give me this". Therefore it's useless.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

Wow,thanks for rehashing every part of your post.:|

Nintendo has a great chance of winning this generation.Any sensible person would know that.

dirty_diaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 dirty_diaz
Member since 2005 • 1193 Posts
[QUOTE="amourkiss588"]

weird

wuts the big deal?

FoamingPanda

Nintendo is attempting to radically alter consumer demand within the industry by reaffirming age-old stereotypes about gaming (its sole function is to provide simplistic "family-friendly" games for kids and dorks). If they accomplish this feat, a new market of consumers will emerge and these consumers will demand far more simple and shallow games. Given the enormous cost of developing a meaningful next-gen game, Nintendo and other third-party devs will be more than happy to meet their demands.

If this route turns out to be incredibly profitable, other companies might follow their example and complex games could become increasingly scarce (because there no longer exists an incentive to create high-quality games; casual fans will buy just about anything if the marketing is strong enough).

yeah i agree... i guess in the near future we'll be playing 2 dots that move around on the screen... *rolls eyes
dirty_diaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 dirty_diaz
Member since 2005 • 1193 Posts
The Wii will be soon forgotten like the hula hoop.miss_kitt3n
just like the DS.... touch screen was a gimmick...
FoamingPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 FoamingPanda

NEWSFLASH: Nobody cares what you want. And that whole post is nothing but "I want" and "Give me this". Therefore it's useless.ithilgore2006

NEWSFLASH: There are valid reasons why gaming has not produced great forms of art equal to works of literature or film -- it still remains a strictly commercial medium that exists to cater to extremely low consumer standards and largely meet the demands of children. 

I'm sorry if some consumers have become so enthralled and controlled by this industry that it has completely shut their eyes off from the rest of entertainment media, and left consumers to mindlessly tap buttons like faithful little drones.

I love the entertainment medium of gaming.  I am disgusted by the products gamers demand and the utter lack of thought within the gaming community at large.  I am disgusted by how companies cater to the simple demands of children and produce the same trash six years in a row.

Stop buying games.  Stop buying consoles.  Your money dictates what devlopers make for you. Stop letting them exploit your love for franchise tags to take your hard earned money for inferior products.

No console developer has provided a console worth purchasing this generation, but  no company exploits, distorts, and screws over gamers with the energy Nintendo has shown over the last two years.

FoamingPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 FoamingPanda
[QUOTE="FoamingPanda"][QUOTE="amourkiss588"]

weird

wuts the big deal?

dirty_diaz

Nintendo is attempting to radically alter consumer demand within the industry by reaffirming age-old stereotypes about gaming (its sole function is to provide simplistic "family-friendly" games for kids and dorks). If they accomplish this feat, a new market of consumers will emerge and these consumers will demand far more simple and shallow games. Given the enormous cost of developing a meaningful next-gen game, Nintendo and other third-party devs will be more than happy to meet their demands.

yeah i agree... i guess in the near future we'll be playing 2 dots that move around on the screen...
*rolls eyes

You already are.

The dots have simply been replaced by Mario and Luigi.  The ball has become a tennis ball or a mallet.

Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts
Dude, Nintendo already won, their sales are through the roof, and rightfully so. The Wii is a hardcore gamers machine, it doesn't need top graphics it has top gameplay for all ages and all skills. The highpowered graphics war will be won by PS3 because the 360 is annoying the hell out of me(some games just won't work, then when you get the patch and the game works, other games that used to work don't work anymore). So I'm switching to the PS3.
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#79 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts

[QUOTE="ithilgore2006"]NEWSFLASH: Nobody cares what you want. And that whole post is nothing but "I want" and "Give me this". Therefore it's useless.FoamingPanda

NEWSFLASH: There are valid reasons why gaming has not produced great forms of art equal to works of literature or film -- it still remains a strictly commercial medium that exists to cater to extremely low consumer standards and largely meet the demands of children.

I'm sorry if some consumers have become so enthralled and controlled by this industry that it has completely shut their eyes off from the rest of entertainment media, and left consumers to mindlessly tap buttons like faithful little drones.

I love the entertainment medium of gaming. I am disgusted by the products gamers demand and the utter lack of thought within the gaming community at large. I am disgusted by how companies cater to the simple demands of children and produce the same trash six years in a row.

Stop buying games. Stop buying consoles. Your money dictates what devlopers make for you. Stop letting them exploit your love for franchise tags to take your hard earned money for inferior products.

No console developer has provided a console worth purchasing this generation, but no company exploits, distorts, and screws over gamers with the energy Nintendo has shown over the last two years.

What exactly did your hideously pretentious post have to do with mine, again?
OG_London

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 OG_London
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
wow, a new argument /sarcasm
Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Nex_Ownage
Member since 2004 • 4753 Posts
[QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="FoamingPanda"]

FoamingPanda

I've already explained why at least 50 times on system wars.

Check my profile for more information. Generally, because Nintendo is limiting the functionality of gaming, offering an inferior product at a ridiculously high price, turning its back on its loyal fans, and decreasing the quality and complexity of games.

These are bad things for the industry -- especially for the Nintendo fan.

Well, as a Nintendo fan, I see nothing wrong with what Nintendo is doing. Wii's price is reasonable , their games are as good as ever and I really can't see how they're ''limiting the functionality of gaming". :?
wapahala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 wapahala
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts

Who cares if their weak, underpowered system is selling like hotcakes at the moment.  Anyone with half a brain knows that the Wii is nothnig more than a gimmick, and while gimmicks can be hot for a short while, the Wii craze is going to die hard.   

The Wii is seriously underpowered, and it has a piss poor online system.   Nintendo learns nothing with each passing generation.   The n64 went with cartridges instead of cd-roms.   The Nintendo Gamecube skipped the online functionality completely.   And now with the Wii, Nintendo is passing on HD games, in addition to a very limited online offering.   Friend codes are a horrible idea.   They might fit in with Nintendo's family friendly theme, but the average or hardcore gamer wants something more akin to Xbox live.   I want to game with several people online, not 2 or 3 others.   Sega did that 7 years ago! That is just sorry.

And I am going to say it again:   Graphics matter!   The Wii has TERRIBLE  graphics for a next generation machine.   I can't believe how blind sheep are, going on and on about the "artistic style" of Super Paper Mario!  Pluuueeeaaaze!  That game looks like it can be done on the Sega Dreamcast, let alone Gamecube.   Inexcusable, but hey, Nintendo is known for fluff and filler.   There are how many Mario Party/sports titles now?  100,200?  I stopped counting.  It would be too much to ask of them to create a totally new and exciting franchise.   A more adult/mature themed Nintendo game?  Forget about it!!  Oh but wait, according to sheep, I MUST not understand the "fun" of gaming.   You have to jump on mushrooms and play Pokemon games to know the true meaning of gaming.    Heaven forbid I should mention any kind of shooter/mature game.   The insults come flying in with the thought of any game with guns on a Nintendo system. 

Well, tough mario terds to the sheep.   I wish you guys would wake up and demand more of Nintendo, a company that lost its way a decade ago, and still fail to identify what the majority of gamers (particularly in the West) want.   1: Give me good online gaming.  2: Give me a console that has adequate power to deliver realistic (not artistic!) visuals.   3: Give me a good selection of third party developer titles with mature themes!  Not kiddie stuff!  Pokemon, monkey ball is kiddie!   I want stuff like Resident Evil and Silent Hill.   Quality ports of Tom Clancy games, that HAVE the online!   Grand Theft Auto Wii!  How about a Halo competitor for the Wii?  Impossible?  NO!!!  But will Nintendo attempt it?  Doubtful.   Even some great platformer titles NOT involving mario would help. 

The above listed is EXACTLY what I want, and expect from Nintendo if I am going to purchase any more of their systems.   They won't get a penny more from me until they change.  I'm only sorry I sold My Gamecube now, since I can't play the superior version of Resident Evil 4 anymore.

ChiefFreeman

Is it just me, or does it say: "blablablablablablablablablablablablablabla...." ?

NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 NRGCDS
Member since 2005 • 1470 Posts

Who cares if their weak, underpowered system is selling like hotcakes at the moment.  Anyone with half a brain knows that the Wii is nothnig more than a gimmick, and while gimmicks can be hot for a short while, the Wii craze is going to die hard.   

The Wii is seriously underpowered, and it has a piss poor online system.   Nintendo learns nothing with each passing generation.   The n64 went with cartridges instead of cd-roms.   The Nintendo Gamecube skipped the online functionality completely.   And now with the Wii, Nintendo is passing on HD games, in addition to a very limited online offering.   Friend codes are a horrible idea.   They might fit in with Nintendo's family friendly theme, but the average or hardcore gamer wants something more akin to Xbox live.   I want to game with several people online, not 2 or 3 others.   Sega did that 7 years ago! That is just sorry.

And I am going to say it again:   Graphics matter!   The Wii has TERRIBLE  graphics for a next generation machine.   I can't believe how blind sheep are, going on and on about the "artistic style" of Super Paper Mario!  Pluuueeeaaaze!  That game looks like it can be done on the Sega Dreamcast, let alone Gamecube.   Inexcusable, but hey, Nintendo is known for fluff and filler.   There are how many Mario Party/sports titles now?  100,200?  I stopped counting.  It would be too much to ask of them to create a totally new and exciting franchise.   A more adult/mature themed Nintendo game?  Forget about it!!  Oh but wait, according to sheep, I MUST not understand the "fun" of gaming.   You have to jump on mushrooms and play Pokemon games to know the true meaning of gaming.    Heaven forbid I should mention any kind of shooter/mature game.   The insults come flying in with the thought of any game with guns on a Nintendo system. 

Well, tough mario terds to the sheep.   I wish you guys would wake up and demand more of Nintendo, a company that lost its way a decade ago, and still fail to identify what the majority of gamers (particularly in the West) want.   1: Give me good online gaming.  2: Give me a console that has adequate power to deliver realistic (not artistic!) visuals.   3: Give me a good selection of third party developer titles with mature themes!  Not kiddie stuff!  Pokemon, monkey ball is kiddie!   I want stuff like Resident Evil and Silent Hill.   Quality ports of Tom Clancy games, that HAVE the online!   Grand Theft Auto Wii!  How about a Halo competitor for the Wii?  Impossible?  NO!!!  But will Nintendo attempt it?  Doubtful.   Even some great platformer titles NOT involving mario would help. 

The above listed is EXACTLY what I want, and expect from Nintendo if I am going to purchase any more of their systems.   They won't get a penny more from me until they change.  I'm only sorry I sold My Gamecube now, since I can't play the superior version of Resident Evil 4 anymore.

ChiefFreeman
what is your problem! The wii has the titles that the X360 and ps3 don't get. and when these titles Pokemon Battle Revolution, Mario Striker Charged, Metroid Prime 3, Animal Crossing, and The BIG ONE Super Smash Bros. Brawl online. I see the wii selling like crazy This year and even Next year. because of other online titles like Mario Party 9, Mario Kart, Star Fox, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, F-Zero, None online titles like Super Mario Galaxy, super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8, You are Just to lazy to see what the wii has and quit going to the past of what nintendo did to the N64 and Gamecube. and there will be a Resident Evil 4 for the wii this Summer. The wii is a new experience of playing games.
Silvereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Silvereign
[QUOTE="Silvereign"]

Also, I think a game like Loco Roco is graphically better than many new games released.haols

:lol: Why is not next-gen technology? What defines next-gen? To be stronger than the earlier instalment, guess what, Wii > GC

True

Ds had weak third-party from teh start, Wii is selling faster then the competition and is cheaper to dev for, anyone would realise that is going to generate more games.

Truth - It's selling well because its cheap not because its a great system. It finishes last in all other areas.

Have you asked everyone who bought a Wii for the reasons of their purchase? No I thought not.

Those are the facts.

Wii is last gen because Xbox > Wii > GC

Your asking what makes a Mario game more kiddy then a shooter? Are you joking?

SO if the Wii cost 500$ with a graphics update you would still buy it? 

Handheld market is completely different from console market. I'm sure third party support matters much when it comes to consoles. 

EddyPee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 EddyPee
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts

'Munkey Ball is teh kiddy Bcos it has munkeys in it!'

You just dont like it because you cant comeplete it :lol:

ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#86 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts
[QUOTE="phatkav"]

FoamingPanda

Agreed. The Wii isn;t worth more than $50.00, if that.  Terrible, terrible graphics.   Lousy online. YUCK!
ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#87 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts

I feel bad that all the sheep don't care about graphics.  They'd rather play a game that looks like it came out in 2000, with a recycled formula that naver changes (Mario, Zelda).  Thank god Jeff Gerstman had the guts to tell the truth about Twilight Princess.  A noble man!

Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#88 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts
[QUOTE="haols"][QUOTE="Silvereign"]

Also, I think a game like Loco Roco is graphically better than many new games released.Silvereign

:lol: Why is not next-gen technology? What defines next-gen? To be stronger than the earlier instalment, guess what, Wii > GC

True

Have you asked everyone who bought a Wii for the reasons of their purchase? No I thought not.

Those are the facts.

Wii is last gen because Xbox > Wii > GC

Your asking what makes a Mario game more kiddy then a shooter? Are you joking?

SO if the Wii cost 500$ with a graphics update you would still buy it? 

Handheld market is completely different from console market. I'm sure third party support matters much when it comes to consoles. 

Wii is more powerful than Xbox. Although the products haven't shown this as of yet, it's been said from 3rd party devs and specs that Wii > Xbox in terms of power. Fact.

I still can't believe how ignorant people are of this whole 'kiddy' image. If I see my mum play Wii Sports, does that still make the console kiddy? If the the entire family (aunties, uncles, teenage bros and sisters) play the console, does it still make it kiddy. Nintendo isn't kiddy - Nintendo is versitile. Versitile enough for Mario Galaxy to be enjoyable for 10 year olds and 30 year olds. Versitile enough to provide both hardcore experiences as well as casual ones.

As for your 3rd point, chucking in an upscale of cost and power turns into a GameCube 2. The whole freaking point to the Wii was to rectify the poor sales and direction of the GC. Less power means more efficient development and far less development costs - it's one of the main reasons indie developers like Atlus and Grasshopper are focused on Wii. True, PS3 and 360 are capable of bigger games, but how many devs are going to put in the time, effort and resources on a gamble to make a game for 4-6 years to truly take advantage of the hardware and provide a proper next-gen experience (something last-gen couldn;t do at all)?

Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Optusnet
[QUOTE="FoamingPanda"][QUOTE="phatkav"]

ChiefFreeman

Agreed. The Wii isn;t worth more than $50.00, if that.  Terrible, terrible graphics.   Lousy online. YUCK!

Wii DOES NOT have terrible graphics. When I turn on a good wii game, my eyes don't exactly bleed nor are they under-par with last gen stuff. If Wii has terrible terrible graphics, then surely Xbox and PS2 games will have jaggies the size of mount everest!

Kekira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Kekira
Member since 2007 • 2128 Posts
[QUOTE="ChiefFreeman"]

axt113
DS is going strong

The Wii is a DS? Wow, I never would have guessed.
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Optusnet

[QUOTE="ithilgore2006"]NEWSFLASH: Nobody cares what you want. And that whole post is nothing but "I want" and "Give me this". Therefore it's useless.FoamingPanda

NEWSFLASH: There are valid reasons why gaming has not produced great forms of art equal to works of literature or film -- it still remains a strictly commercial medium that exists to cater to extremely low consumer standards and largely meet the demands of children. 

I'm sorry if some consumers have become so enthralled and controlled by this industry that it has completely shut their eyes off from the rest of entertainment media, and left consumers to mindlessly tap buttons like faithful little drones.

I love the entertainment medium of gaming.  I am disgusted by the products gamers demand and the utter lack of thought within the gaming community at large.  I am disgusted by how companies cater to the simple demands of children and produce the same trash six years in a row.

Stop buying games.  Stop buying consoles.  Your money dictates what devlopers make for you. Stop letting them exploit your love for franchise tags to take your hard earned money for inferior products.

No console developer has provided a console worth purchasing this generation, but  no company exploits, distorts, and screws over gamers with the energy Nintendo has shown over the last two years.

Screw over gamers? The people who are just got into gaming NOW because of Wii and are enjoying it, or the hardcore graphics-hungry people who are having a unique time with it? Thank god the game industry doesn't listen to people like you. Not only are you ignorant on the hardcore or 'deeper' products coming to the Wii (Nintendo flat out stated they're not going in a simplified direction), but the black hole and descrimination that hardcore games on say, the 360 and PS3 games provide today. My dad had a hard time getting into the SNES, for example. When add in more and more complications - more and more powerful technology - more and more things to consider (plus raging costs for developers) what luck is there to get new audiences in?

Gaming is today litered with sequels and done-tod-eath genres. I personally enjoyed Red Steel because it was actually something darn different to them bloody WWII shooters, and reptetivie sequels. Gaming needs a fresh start - a new formula - something so different it HAS to be doubted. Because it'll just have that bigger impact when it hits - and when it works.

cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#92 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts

ChiefFreeman

So tell me, why aren't YOU deluded?