Anyone that went 360 to PS4....did RROD play a huge part in that.

• 157 results
#151 Posted by tormentos (28191 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

The Only reason PS Poo lol sales were so high is everyone had to rebuy 4 of them because of DRE. Truth!!!

Nuttin but the fax mam. :P

4 more like 6 i remember well. :P

#152 Posted by SecretPolice (34334 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@SecretPolice said:

The Only reason PS Poo lol sales were so high is everyone had to rebuy 4 of them because of DRE. Truth!!!

Nuttin but the fax mam. :P

4 more like 6 i remember well. :P

Lolololol...

:P

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
#153 Edited by blaznwiipspman1 (7092 posts) -

I remember back in 2007, the xbox I bought was used but I got it for cheap compared to a new one. I was initially upset because it RROD, but later I was actually impressed with microsoft. The RROD was what made me a loyal supporter of MS, ie a partial lemming. The reason was because, after every RROD, I would call in microsoft support and they would send me another xbox free of charge including postal/shipping costs. I did this 5 whole times and each time MS would send me another one. How much money did MS lose on that mess up?? The number must have been in the billions. I'm not a fan of corporations, but MS was willing to go so far for their customer and that was what impressed me the most. After continuously getting xboxes that RROD, I finally said eff it and bought a newer model xbox, the one with codename 'jasper' chips which were immune to RROD.

What is funny though is that I also had a ps3, that got a YLOD after only 2 years of purchase. The hilarious thing about this is that it bricked after an update. I called Sony to see what they could do and they gave me the run around, ie outside warranty bla bla bla. Pay $80 to fix it. Meh.

My gamecube also broke down at one point, and after calling nintendo, they said the same thing. Pay to fix it, and that cost was almost as much as buying a brand new gamecube.

Since then Ive always been a fan of the xbox and I usually always buy their console. I haven't purchased the latest generation xbox though, but I hope to pick one up. If not, then i'll get the next gen one. Good company to own up to their mistakes.

#154 Posted by Pedro (32716 posts) -

@tormentos: You made a false claim about warranty not being extended and it always being 1 year despite other members stating otherwise. You went as far as linking and pasting the most recent warranty despite the fact it was outside the scope of the machines in question. When a link to the warranty was provided that distinctly indicates that the earlier hardware was only 90 days you change the narrative because you were proven wrong. You have yet to concede to being wrong. Don't worry all of your incorrectness is on display for all to see.

#155 Posted by Steppy_76 (2507 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@Steppy_76 said:

Let's see your official links to the failure rate of the RROD, ie verifiable qualified data, not a game informer poll, actual official data. You claim the RROD is way worse and you don't think YOU need data to support that? Let's see it dude. Official links only.

BTW I didn't say the DRE was worse than RROD, just that it was WAY more prevalent than you are trying to portray.

https://www.forbes.com/2007/07/05/msft-xbox-charge-tech-media-cx_rr_0705techmsft.html#6e4468ef60a6

Here it is 1 billion + for repairs only some 44 million fat xbox 360 make as the rest were slim models which were not cover by the 3 year warranty.

So yeah start calculating how many units MS could repair with 1.15 billion dollars.

My poll has more validation than your shitty forum link hypocrite,you were fast to give credit to a damn forum which could be a total mess of fanboys as this one,but now want to discredit my poll link.

Now tell me why didn't MS deny that the fail rate was 54%,when people claimed xbox live was hack they came fast and deny it in fact several times,why didn't MS deny game informer info?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/original-360-defect-rate-was-68-per-cent

But hey this one isn't a survey and talk about what the fail rate was 4 months before launch..Hahahhahaa

Enjoy.

This is now history we know MS knew the xbox 360 was faulty they knew it and for more than a year they told people the fail rate was below the 5 to 3% which was a total lie,there was even a book publish of this.

You should stop man the PS2 wasn't even close and sony never spent 1 billion repairing the PS2,hell i think the PS3 even that sold less had more problems than the PS2 its fail rate was like 10+% which still is abode what it should be for a console.

You have nothing but some forums my links are much more reliable than yours.

@Pedro said:
@tormentos said:

I get it you can't beat my argument so you hide on others but fact is my link is as valid period.

But then again i see you continue to ignore what i asked you.

So do you or anyone here have proof that DRE happen fast and that was as bad yes or no? If so post it.

I wasn't here to beat any argument, I am here to point out that even when you are wrong you can't admit you were wrong. You were blatantly proven wrong and you still trying to assert that are correct.

So, are you going to admit you were wrong about the warranty?

You are late.

@tormentos said:

3rd even if the warranty was 3 months lest say it was for the sake of ending the argument there,still would not say anything as DRE was not something that would strike your console in 3 months.

second how i was i batlantly proven wrong.

My link is from SONY it self and talk about both PS2 models,if you wish to give credibility to Xantufrog one because if serve your biased ass best that is ok,i already stated that we should assume it was 3 months,but fact is my link was as valid and clearly talk about both models.

I'll speak slowly so you can understand and maybe stick to the point at hand. If you are going to ask for official links from me to support my stance, I'm going to ask for official links to support yours. I've seen you post links stating 50% failure rate, 68%, which is it? Not one of those links is official, and the fact that we can get the same number suggests that they are NOT reliable sources.

I previously showed guides popping up dating 2/2001 talking about the DRE, to dispute your claims that it only happened "years down the road and was normal". IMO guides popping up on the internet less than 2 years after the PS2 launched would seem to indicate that these were more than isolated incidents. There seems to be a distinct lack of critical thinking on your part and you hide behind link requests to disregard information that points to the contrary of what you believe.

#156 Posted by tormentos (28191 posts) -

@Steppy_76 said:

I'll speak slowly so you can understand and maybe stick to the point at hand. If you are going to ask for official links from me to support my stance, I'm going to ask for official links to support yours. I've seen you post links stating 50% failure rate, 68%, which is it? Not one of those links is official, and the fact that we can get the same number suggests that they are NOT reliable sources.

I previously showed guides popping up dating 2/2001 talking about the DRE, to dispute your claims that it only happened "years down the road and was normal". IMO guides popping up on the internet less than 2 years after the PS2 launched would seem to indicate that these were more than isolated incidents. There seems to be a distinct lack of critical thinking on your part and you hide behind link requests to disregard information that points to the contrary of what you believe.

Official link doesn't mean one from sony but a total credible sources not a freaking forum,you have nothing.

Original 360 defect rate was 68 per cent

Despite Microsoft plan to sell 50 million.

The factory defect rate for Xbox 360 consoles in August 2005 - four months prior to its US launch - was as high as 68 per cent.

What's more, the initial yield on the three-core CPU designed by IBM for the next-generation console was just 16 per cent.

That's all according to a report by VentureBeat's Dean Takahashi, author of the console's unofficial biography, of sorts, Xbox 360 Uncloaked, who attributed the numbers to "several sources".

In his article Xbox 360 defects: an inside history of Microsoft's videogame console woes, Takahashi also wrote that during meetings to outline the Xbox 360 project, "Secretly, Microsoft had planned on selling 50 million Xbox 360s".

2 credible sources meanwhile you have adsofreakinglutly shit.

So please credible sources i am not asking for a link to sony or other shit like that point me to the articles were DRE is been portrait as worse than RROD or more common.

Fact is MS 1.15 billion alone is more than confirmation of how big and serious was the problem.

#157 Posted by Steppy_76 (2507 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@Steppy_76 said:

Official link doesn't mean one from sony but a total credible sources not a freaking forum,you have nothing.

Original 360 defect rate was 68 per cent

Despite Microsoft plan to sell 50 million.

The factory defect rate for Xbox 360 consoles in August 2005 - four months prior to its US launch - was as high as 68 per cent.

What's more, the initial yield on the three-core CPU designed by IBM for the next-generation console was just 16 per cent.

That's all according to a report by VentureBeat's Dean Takahashi, author of the console's unofficial biography, of sorts, Xbox 360 Uncloaked, who attributed the numbers to "several sources".

In his article Xbox 360 defects: an inside history of Microsoft's videogame console woes, Takahashi also wrote that during meetings to outline the Xbox 360 project, "Secretly, Microsoft had planned on selling 50 million Xbox 360s".

2 credible sources meanwhile you have adsofreakinglutly shit.

So please credible sources i am not asking for a link to sony or other shit like that point me to the articles were DRE is been portrait as worse than RROD or more common.

Fact is MS 1.15 billion alone is more than confirmation of how big and serious was the problem.

You showed a link talking about production of the xbox 360 3 months prior to launch, with unnamed sources. What was the rate at launch? 6 months later? A year? Who are these sources? Where did he arrive at these numbers? The link is was stated to be wrong by MS at the end(since Sony admitting no wrongdoing while still settling and paying out something) means that also works both ways.

The last part of his article states the following:

The facts revealed themselves slowly, emerging from the day-to-day stories that I wrote about the game business. Some people might consider this post mortem to be ancient history. But the reverberations are still playing out today. They help explain why Microsoft isn’t being aggressive with its price cuts and why gamers aren’t getting bargains on hardware as they did the last generation. While I talked to many people for this story, few were willing to let me use their names. As you will see, not every source is anonymous, and we have included the viewpoint of Microsoft executives from past interviews.

That is NOT "proof" (and I'm positive YOU wouldn't accept that as "credible" if the shoe were on the other foot).

I also NEVER said DRE was more prevalent than the RROD(this is what I mean by staying on topic), nor that the RROD wasn't a big deal or serious.(again don't place words in people's mouths). I said DRE was much more prevalent that what you said and happened quicker than what you said. I also stated I felt it was much closer to happening at RROD levels than happening at normal industry standard levels.

While my posts may not "prove" anything as its circumstantial, there's a saying "where there's smoke, there's fire", and they certainly show a problem did exist(ie not worthless) and anybody who can use a modicum of critical thinking can draw their own conclusion.