Anyone that went 360 to PS4....did RROD play a huge part in that.

• 157 results
#51 Posted by kingtito (10146 posts) -

@subspecies said:
@kingtito said:
@subspecies said:
@kingtito said:
@subspecies said:

Yeah, RROD was a crazy embarrassment for MS. I don't think there has ever been a worse failure in terms of console problems. Take that disaster, throw in Sony's rep for solid exclusives, the fact that the PS4 ran multiplats better than the original X1, was cheaper than the X1, and how Sony focused on actual games and gaming whereas MS was trying to make some kind of casual movie/sports/whatever multi-use toaster device, and it's a no-brainer why so many jumped ship and came over to Sony's side.

PS2 DRE ring a bell? It might not of happened in the 1st 6 months but it eventually happened to an overwhelming majority of PS2s. It's actually worse since it wasn't covered under warranty because that warranty expired. You can throw in the PS3s YLOD issue as well as the PS1s well known power supply problems. Sony isn't immune to console hardware issues and in fact I would say MS has a better record for more reliable hardware.

Come on, my dude. RROD was the worst shit ever. I'm not excusing those other things, but nothing touches RROD in terms of how devastating it was. It cost MS an obscene amount of $$$.

I didn't say it wasn't the worst, I said Sony has just as bad a reputation for faulty hardware and that goes back multiple consoles.

@kingtito: "I didn't say it wasn't the worst,"

@kingtito: "PS2 DRE ring a bell? It might not of happened in the 1st 6 months but it eventually happened to an overwhelming majority of PS2s. It's actually worse since it wasn't covered under warranty because that warranty expired."

So worse than the worst isn't the worst? My dude what the F are you talking about.

OK that wasn't what I was trying to convey. My point was DRE was a thing as was the PS3s YLOD and even the PS1s power supply issues yet people still bought PS consoles. RROD and such problems weren't isolated to just 1 console.

Better?

#52 Posted by Fedor (4194 posts) -

@kingtito: Sure, but rrod was far worse than any of those.

#53 Posted by kingtito (10146 posts) -

@fedor said:

Seemed like that only because it happened within the 1st year while the DRE happened over a few years. 1 was covered while the other wasn't. That's why I said personally I found the DRE to be worse since I had to actually pay money to get it fixed or replaced. Didn't have to pay anything for my 360 failures.

#54 Posted by Fedor (4194 posts) -

@kingtito: I'm going to have to disagree. It was a 54.2% failure rate. Most people never even experienced DRE or the YLOD.

#55 Posted by Steppy_76 (2615 posts) -

@xantufrog said:
@kingtito said:

You sure tried to make it sound like it was just "loving, regular use" and to be expected of the PS2.

But... it is. I played my PS2 for god knows how many hundreds of hours before I started noticing oddities. It was a DVD-watching machine, and tireless games like GT3, GTA3, Dynasty Warriors, Star Wars Battlefront, and FFX ran the thing through its paces. It was on constantly. The fact is that its DREs cropped up sooner than I've experienced on other drives, but they also still only cropped up after years of raking the device over the coals (which, yes... means it's outside warranty. But that can be said of any device that only dies after years of use). You should see mine - it's covered in scratches and soda can rings; I treated it like crap and dragged it around to every friend's house.

To give it a car analogy: better built carts go 100,000+ miles without serious issues. The PS2 car has a specific achilles heal that crops up after 50,000 miles - luckily it's cheap AF to fix and the rest of it has the longevity of any other better built car. Meanwhile, you've got the 360 that burns out in the first year of use, and you're arguing that counts as less of a lemon because it's such a pervasive and guaranteed failure that it falls under actual lemon laws and dealer warranty.

Again, it got a DRE sooner than normal. Sony was, apparently, sued because of this. I'm not denying that, nor am I defending their choice to cheap out on something that is 1) so cheap in the first place and 2) so core to the device. Coincidentally, my only oddly premature PC disc drive failure happened to be a Sony DVD-RW drive. But that doesn't mean it's equivalent in cost, % affected, and how catastrophic it is for the machine.

In another thread where tomentos tried to claim that DRE's were normal, I showed him links to guides that cropped up on the internet in early 2002 about how to fix DRE errors. We're not talking years down the road, we are talking about it being prevalent enough that guides were already being written less than 18 months after release.

While it wasn't as prevalent as the RROD, it was a very common issue very quickly for many people. Had there been a easily identifiable, easily nameable for the DRE and if the internet had been as pervasive as it is now the DRE would be recognized as being much worse than what people think it was remembering back now close to 20 years ago.

You also think many people are just willing to crack open their 300 dollar machine to fix it themselves? Many aren't willing to do that nowdays, and far fewer were willing to do it back then.

#56 Posted by Steppy_76 (2615 posts) -
@fedor said:

Worse, probably, but the DRE was fairly close to as bad.

#57 Posted by kingtito (10146 posts) -

@fedor said:

@kingtito: I'm going to have to disagree. It was a 54.2% failure rate. Most people never even experienced DRE or the YLOD.

Roughly 54 wasn't for every 360 ever made. It was for early models.

I'm going to disagree with most people didn't experience DRE. I didn't know a single person that didn't experience it. It was so bad Sony was sued and settled. You don't get sued and settle if it's a small issue.

#58 Posted by tormentos (28393 posts) -

@kingtito said:

So you had to pay for it? Hahaha "yep easy fix, only took my hard earned money"

Yep but was covered and E74 nor DRE happened to a majority of PS2s. The DRE happened to a overwhelming majority of early PS2s. You know it and I know but you want to play def, dumb and blind be my guest.

"Of course it is worse for you,you are a blind biased Sony suck up" fixed it for you pot.

You don't have to lie to kick it el tormented. We both know I never claimed it was a never ending warranty. At least I can talk from experience, can you?

Yes and cost me a whooping $25 dollars after 4 to 5 years of gameplay,which i could say that for my second 360.

It was cover for 3 damn years my PS2 outlasted my 360,only a moron will argue that because MS gave you 3 years of warranty somehow that imply that anyone who owned a 360 would have his machine cover since 2005 to 2016.

Every single xbox 360 fat make from launch to the time they were replaced by the slim model in 2010 by 2013 were out of warranty every single one,slim models didn't have 3 year warranty only fat models did.

So the warranty was 3 years and the xbox 360 lasted until 2016 tell me how many times does 3 fit inside 11.

Hell lets just count until 2013,how many times does 3 fit inside 8.?

Acting like every damn 360 had an eternal warranty is your main problem,RROD never went away on fat models,it just got better but over time every single fat model would RROD at a point period.

Once again your words mean total shit Back up your argument were is the link showing DRE was bigger than RROD.

https://n4g.com/news/378718/xbox-360-failure-rate-is-54-2-percent-game-informer-finds

Hell IGN stated that if the fail rate was based on the units they have to review games the fail rate would be 100% since each and every unit RROD at least once.

Look at it this way i am a cow i don't have a problem with that lemming,now you who can't even come to terms it that sad you are,and here you are lying your ass off trying to defend MS..

You try to pass it as never ending and you try to claim it was 1 year + 3 years as well in both instance i corrected your sorry ass.

Since you refuse like a blind fool to admit it,by december 2007 the xbox 360 had like 18 million or so units sold,all those units by 2010 were all out of warranty,by 2009 the xbox 360 had 30 million sold,by 2012 all those 30 million units were all out of warranty.

So if i own a 2006 model and my warranty is up what should i do.

1-Sold all my 360 games dirt cheap buy a ps3 and rebuy games.

2-buy a cheap ass core unit and slap my HDD to it and keeping gaming like nothing happen.

Tell which of this 2 would a 360 fan would pick.

I know ill tell you since i don't know a single person who owned a 360 who hadn't at least buy 2.

Link me to DRE fail rates %.

@kingtito said:

It's what it was built for and no way in hell should they have failed as early as they did. That's why Sony was sued AND settled.

So using it as it was intended is considered "raking the device over coals"? Give me a freaking break. I used every console just as I used my PS2 and I didn't experience these issues. Oh and I didn't use my PS2 as my primary DVD player. It was used mainly as a gaming device yet still experienced DRE issues.

So the PS2 was a crappy build console then if you're going to use the car analogy. It would be more like 25K miles not 50K. Nice try though

Like I said, you're trying to paint the PS2 with rainbows and gum drops. It was a huge issue but more importantly wasn't covered under warranty. My 360 was and thus in my experience the PS2 DRE was a bigger issue.

They got lawsuit because people believe it should have lasted more,juts like MS was sue for defective cable cores that catch fire,doesn't mean all catch fire or would.

Yes just like many people got the damn xbox out of the freaking box new only to find out it would RROD out of the damn package that shitty MS testing was with this machine,you could argue that DRE killed your PS2 after a few years RROD was killing xbox 360 instantly and without warning.

WORSE the company deny high fail rates until it was so freaking obvious and the media was all over it,then they kick in 3 years warranty which by that time many already only would have 1.5 year more of warranty,worse E74 wasn't cover because it wasn't as wide spread yet MS didn't see it as RROD related at it took them almost 4 years to add E74 to the extended warranty,in fact by the time they started taking 360 in for E74 error all units bought by spring 2006 and before were out of warranty you simply would have to pay or buy a new one,if MS would have taken them in 2007 they would have least get a fix.

So please stop riding DRE as my PS2 was fix with $25 dollars, and never gave problems again,peoples 360 die got fix and die again until there was no more warranty and a new one most be bought.

Again LINK us to DRE fail rates.

Your 360 died just once under warranty your such a liar who love to find made to fit arguments PROVEN just like you claim to have a PS4,a 1080GTX PC 3 xbox one including a X model yet don't pay for live..Hahahahahahaha

#59 Edited by kingtito (10146 posts) -

@tormentos: Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah that's pretty much what anyone ever sees when you respond. It's more of the same old MS hating BS you've been spewing for over a decade.

Quote me saying the 360 warranty lasted forever?

So spending money to fix the DRE error is better than a warranty for the RROD? DRE was huge el tormented. Being sued for something that could potentially hurt or kill people is a hell of a lot different than suing for a PS2 with DRE problems. 1 is potentially life altering while the other is a mere inconvenience. Damn dude did I really have to spell that out for you?

Oh and prove I paid for repairs when my launch 360 RROD the 1st time? You've proved you're an idiot without a clue. I had experience with it, you haven't. 3 different 360s and not once did I have to pay for repairs. Sucks to be you huh

El tormented - MS is the evil - Sony is the savior...the gist of every conversation with you

#60 Posted by tormentos (28393 posts) -

@subspecies said:
@kingtito said:

I didn't say it wasn't the worst, I said Sony has just as bad a reputation for faulty hardware and that goes back multiple consoles.

@kingtito: "I didn't say it wasn't the worst,"

@kingtito: "PS2 DRE ring a bell? It might not of happened in the 1st 6 months but it eventually happened to an overwhelming majority of PS2s. It's actually worse since it wasn't covered under warranty because that warranty expired."

So worse than the worst isn't the worst? My dude what the F are you talking about.

Yes he has a tendency to do that shit,and then he will claim you don't comprehend what he is saying,Kingtito is by far one of the worst fanboys of this place,the guy will simply claim you don't comprehend what he is saying when he own himself does it quite often.

For example on the start of this gen he downplay graphics almost daily,because the xbox one was getting its ass kick,he went so far as to say graphics didn't matter and resolution,then he hided on PC and claimed that consoles were not for graphics but for exclusives you could not find on PC.

But when the xbox one X came out all that changed all of the sudden graphics and resolution are reason to own an xbox one X over a Pro,and no longer PC are for graphics and consoles for exclusives which the xbox one also doesn't have.

Hahahaha.

@kingtito said:

OK that wasn't what I was trying to convey. My point was DRE was a thing as was the PS3s YLOD and even the PS1s power supply issues yet people still bought PS consoles. RROD and such problems weren't isolated to just 1 console.

Better?

YOLD wasn't even close to RROD in fact probably 10% which still high but not even close to MS legendary 54% or more.

@kingtito said:
@fedor said:

Seemed like that only because it happened within the 1st year while the DRE happened over a few years. 1 was covered while the other wasn't. That's why I said personally I found the DRE to be worse since I had to actually pay money to get it fixed or replaced. Didn't have to pay anything for my 360 failures.

I don't believe for 1 second that you didn't pay for a second 360 not for a second.

I am sure you did,my PS2 was fix with almost nothing your 360 cost more than $100 to fix or buy a $299 core or $199 core depending on which time you were out of warranty.

#61 Posted by kingtito (10146 posts) -

@tormentos: The reading comprehension bug bites you again el tormented. Never said YLOD was as big as DRE or RROD but it was an issue and people still purchased PS consoles. The point, since it's obvious I have to spell everything out for you, people will purchase which ever console they want whether the previous ones had issues or not. It's really not much of a factor when someone chooses to buy a particular one.

Why would I pay for a 2nd 360 when MS warrantied the ones that died? I got my 1st one back in 7 days. The 2nd was a different story. Unlike you, since I owned consoles, I had other things to do besides sit at home and play games all day long. When I did I was playing Wow with my girlfriend(now wife) and friends from work. Once again, unlike you, I had a capable gaming PC so if my console wasn't around and I just had to game, I had my PC. Sorry to disappoint el tormented, but I only had to purchase the 1 360. Didn't buy another MS console until the X1 launched.

Sucks to be you

#62 Posted by tormentos (28393 posts) -

@Steppy_76 said:

In another thread where tomentos tried to claim that DRE's were normal, I showed him links to guides that cropped up on the internet in early 2002 about how to fix DRE errors. We're not talking years down the road, we are talking about it being prevalent enough that guides were already being written less than 18 months after release.

While it wasn't as prevalent as the RROD, it was a very common issue very quickly for many people. Had there been a easily identifiable, easily nameable for the DRE and if the internet had been as pervasive as it is now the DRE would be recognized as being much worse than what people think it was remembering back now close to 20 years ago.

You also think many people are just willing to crack open their 300 dollar machine to fix it themselves? Many aren't willing to do that nowdays, and far fewer were willing to do it back then.

The PS2 came in early 2000 so by early 2002 it was already 2 YEARS yes with S at the end.

DRE was easy to fix and cheap and wasn't as wide spreaded as RROD was.

Not to mention that the slim model didn't suffer DRE as bad as the fat model did,case in point close to half the PS2 sold were slim.

Yeah what would they do then throw them to the garbage and buy one new? Even paying for a DRE fix wasn't that bad and wasn't close to the $100+ MS was charging before the extension,and if you ran out of warranty and you didn't have to be week or a month with nothing to play either.

It was quite easy to fix i fixed mine and several of my friends as well.

@kingtito said:
@fedor said:

I'm going to disagree with most people didn't experience DRE. I didn't know a single person that didn't experience it. It was so bad Sony was sued and settled. You don't get sued and settle if it's a small issue.

I didn't know a single person who didn't buy at least 2 xbox 360 some even 3.

#63 Posted by kingtito (10146 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@Steppy_76 said:

The PS2 came in early 2000 so by early 2002 it was already 2 YEARS yes with S at the end.

DRE was easy to fix and cheap and wasn't as wide spreaded as RROD was.

Not to mention that the slim model didn't suffer DRE as bad as the fat model did,case in point close to half the PS2 sold were slim.

Yeah what would they do then throw them to the garbage and buy one new? Even paying for a DRE fix wasn't that bad and wasn't close to the $100+ MS was charging before the extension,and if you ran out of warranty and you didn't have to be week or a month with nothing to play either.

It was quite easy to fix i fixed mine and several of my friends as well.

@kingtito said:
@fedor said:

I didn't know a single person who didn't buy at least 2 xbox 360 some even 3.

Not surprising, I wouldn't think you'd have many friends or many friends with 360s. Gamers hang out and are friends with other gamers and it's clear you're not nor did you own a 360.

#64 Posted by Fedor (4194 posts) -

Pls untag me boys.

#65 Posted by Mandzilla (3623 posts) -

@fedor: You gotta tag someone else then run away, that's how it works.

#66 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25049 posts) -

I bought my 360 used and eventually using the disc drive caused it to RROD. Could still play games from the HDD, but at that point, I just gave the damn thing away since I turned it on once every 6 months. That was the last MS product I'd ever bother purchasing besides their controllers for PC; they make great controllers.

#67 Posted by cainetao11 (36341 posts) -

@xantufrog said:
@kingtito said:

You sure tried to make it sound like it was just "loving, regular use" and to be expected of the PS2.

But... it is. I played my PS2 for god knows how many hundreds of hours before I started noticing oddities. It was a DVD-watching machine, and tireless games like GT3, GTA3, Dynasty Warriors, Star Wars Battlefront, and FFX ran the thing through its paces. It was on constantly. The fact is that its DREs cropped up sooner than I've experienced on other drives, but they also still only cropped up after years of raking the device over the coals (which, yes... means it's outside warranty. But that can be said of any device that only dies after years of use). You should see mine - it's covered in scratches and soda can rings; I treated it like crap and dragged it around to every friend's house.

To give it a car analogy: better built carts go 100,000+ miles without serious issues. The PS2 car has a specific achilles heal that crops up after 50,000 miles - luckily it's cheap AF to fix and the rest of it has the longevity of any other better built car. Meanwhile, you've got the 360 that burns out in the first year of use, and you're arguing that counts as less of a lemon because it's such a pervasive and guaranteed failure that it falls under actual lemon laws and dealer warranty.

Again, it got a DRE sooner than normal. Sony was, apparently, sued because of this. I'm not denying that, nor am I defending their choice to cheap out on something that is 1) so cheap in the first place and 2) so core to the device. Coincidentally, my only oddly premature PC disc drive failure happened to be a Sony DVD-RW drive. But that doesn't mean it's equivalent in cost, % affected, and how catastrophic it is for the machine.

My launch PS2 lasted 3 years before DRE. I played it into the grave. I bought a second one and maybe kids wont remember but things had 90 day warranties then. Like 5 months in and the DRE happened. I bought an Xbox then. I eventually got another PS2 because fvck it, its my money and entertainment.

#68 Posted by cainetao11 (36341 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

Yep but was covered and E74 nor DRE happened to a majority of PS2s. The DRE happened to a overwhelming majority of early PS2s. You know it and I know but you want to play def, dumb and blind be my guest.

"Of course it is worse for you,you are a blind biased Sony suck up" fixed it for you pot.

You don't have to lie to kick it el tormented. We both know I never claimed it was a never ending warranty. At least I can talk from experience, can you?

Yes and cost me a whooping $25 dollars after 4 to 5 years of gameplay,which i could say that for my second 360.

It was cover for 3 damn years my PS2 outlasted my 360,only a moron will argue that because MS gave you 3 years of warranty somehow that imply that anyone who owned a 360 would have his machine cover since 2005 to 2016.

Every single xbox 360 fat make from launch to the time they were replaced by the slim model in 2010 by 2013 were out of warranty every single one,slim models didn't have 3 year warranty only fat models did.

So the warranty was 3 years and the xbox 360 lasted until 2016 tell me how many times does 3 fit inside 11.

Acting like every damn 360 had an eternal warranty is your main problem,RROD never went away on fat models,it just got better but over time every single fat model would RROD at a point period.

Once again your words mean total shit Back up your argument were is the link showing DRE was bigger than RROD.

https://n4g.com/news/378718/xbox-360-failure-rate-is-54-2-percent-game-informer-finds

Hell IGN stated that if the fail rate was based on the units they have to review games the fail rate would be 100% since each and every unit RROD at least once.

Look at it this way i am a cow i don't have a problem with that lemming,now you who can't even come to terms it that sad you are,and here you are lying your ass off trying to defend MS..

You try to pass it as never ending and you try to claim it was 1 year + 3 years as well in both instance i corrected your sorry ass.

Since you refuse like a blind fool to admit it,by december 2007 the xbox 360 had like 18 million or so units sold,all those units by 2010 were all out of warranty,by 2009 the xbox 360 had 30 million sold,by 2012 all those 30 million units were all out of warranty.

2-buy a cheap ass core unit and slap my HDD to it and keeping gaming like nothing happen.

I know ill tell you since i don't know a single person who owned a 360 who hadn't at least buy 2.

@kingtito said:

It's what it was built for and no way in hell should they have failed as early as they did. That's why Sony was sued AND settled.

So using it as it was intended is considered "raking the device over coals"? Give me a freaking break. I used every console just as I used my PS2 and I didn't experience these issues. Oh and I didn't use my PS2 as my primary DVD player. It was used mainly as a gaming device yet still experienced DRE issues.

So the PS2 was a crappy build console then if you're going to use the car analogy. It would be more like 25K miles not 50K. Nice try though

Like I said, you're trying to paint the PS2 with rainbows and gum drops. It was a huge issue but more importantly wasn't covered under warranty. My 360 was and thus in my experience the PS2 DRE was a bigger issue.

They got lawsuit because people believe it should have lasted more,juts like MS was sue for defective cable cores that catch fire,doesn't mean all catch fire or would.

Yes just like many people got the damn xbox out of the freaking box new only to find out it would RROD out of the damn package that shitty MS testing was with this machine,you could argue that DRE killed your PS2 after a few years RROD was killing xbox 360 instantly and without warning.

WORSE the company deny high fail rates until it was so freaking obvious and the media was all over it,then they kick in 3 years warranty which by that time many already only would have 1.5 year more of warranty,worse E74 wasn't cover because it wasn't as wide spread yet MS didn't see it as RROD related at it took them almost 4 years to add E74 to the extended warranty,in fact by the time they started taking 360 in for E74 error all units bought by spring 2006 and before were out of warranty you simply would have to pay or buy a new one,if MS would have taken them in 2007 they would have least get a fix.

So please stop riding DRE as my PS2 was fix with $25 dollars, and never gave problems again,peoples 360 die got fix and die again until there was no more warranty and a new one most be bought.

Your 360 died just once under warranty your such a liar who love to find made to fit arguments PROVEN just like you claim to have a PS4,a 1080GTX PC 3 xbox one including a X model yet don't pay for live..Hahahahahahaha

Holy fvckin shit, dude. You take this shit so seriously. That's like a term paper.

'tito I don't agree with you. RROD was a more widespread issue. I do agree MS handled it better than Sony, who had to be sued to accept responsibility with DRE.

In the end, who fvckin cares? Both are in the past.

#69 Posted by SchnabbleTab (1480 posts) -

Yes, I has two 360's die on me while all my PlayStation consoles still work like they did on day1. Plus you get so many more and better games on PS4 and having a PC makes Xbox redundant anyway.

#70 Posted by Mercenary848 (11953 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:
@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

@kingtito said:

Holy fvckin shit, dude. You take this shit so seriously. That's like a term paper.

'tito I don't agree with you. RROD was a more widespread issue. I do agree MS handled it better than Sony, who had to be sued to accept responsibility with DRE.

In the end, who fvckin cares? Both are in the past.

Obviously, people who would read a thread title about RROD and participate in it; such as yourself.

#71 Posted by SaltSlasher (857 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:
@Mercenary848 said:

I got it but afterwards my system worked great, but that was an epidemic. And it was like lems at the time would get mad at gamers who made fun of microsoft instead of microsoft.

I switched to PS4 without even thinking of it.

Did the PS2 DRE cause PS gamers to switch to Xbox or Nintendo?

Did the PS3 YLOD issues cause PS gamers to switch to X1 or WiiU?

The PS2 DRE problem was every bit as bad as the DRE and most of the time even worse because they were definitely out of warranty by the time it hit as was the issue with the PS3.

People switch consoles for various reasons.

1-Dre wasn't even close to RROD,and every consoles with dvd,cd or blu-ray drive will suffer dre at one point.The xbox suffer from DRE so did the xbox 360,ps3,ps1 gamecube dreamcast it happen and PC as well DRE is nothing more than a Disk Read error.

2-YLOD wasn't even close again to RROD which was over 50% fail rate at one point.

No it wasn't DRE on PS2 was more common than on xbox because the PS2 outsold the xbox 6 to 1,by that time i use to mod xbox and yeah their drive would die as well specially then ones with thompson drivers which were particularly bad.

By the way DRE was easily fixed RROD was not,you could open your PS2 and change the lent i did.

By the way the xbox one warranty was 3 years from date of purchase which mean by the time the slim model arrived in 2010 all units bought on summer 2007 and back were already out of warranty.

Why is it so hard for lemmings to admit how bad RROD was,and why always you have to falsely claim DRE was as bad or YLOD non of the 2 problems were even close.

@kingtito said:

PS2 DRE ring a bell? It might not of happened in the 1st 6 months but it eventually happened to an overwhelming majority of PS2s. It's actually worse since it wasn't covered under warranty because that warranty expired. You can throw in the PS3s YLOD issue as well as the PS1s well known power supply problems. Sony isn't immune to console hardware issues and in fact I would say MS has a better record for more reliable hardware.

Eventually all consoles with a CD,dvd or blu-ray will die because the lent has a certain lifespan,that happen to old CD players,car CD players,i remember how many times i changed CD's and DVD drives on my PC.

You simply want to falsely claim DRE was worse than RROD it wasn't period.

Oh by the way LINK me to the news of DRE happening to the overwhelming majority of the PS2,back your shit up and stop making things just to defend the xbox.

No it wasn't worse and could be fix with a $25 dollar lents,contrary to RROD.

By the time MS implemented the 3 years warranty many people already had left 1 year and a few months,worse MS didn't start to cover E74 error until march 2009 which is a joke and which mean that anyone who had an xbox one from 2006 and before was out of warranty already when MS started to cover E74.

The xbox 360 had a ton of problems,MS didn't cover E74 before because it didn't see the problem as part of RROD.

YLOD nor DRE were even close to RROD not even close,if you have proof proving the contrary please link them and i would gladly admit it was worse,now evidence not your silly ass opinion or another lemmings like source.

@saltslasher said:

I'm cooler than all you Xbox One haters...I switch from 360 to PS3 before PS4 came....Too bad PS4 was shit compared to my awesome PS3 and PC. My 360 was still working, but PS3 was neat, loved the old games on it. But my 360 did die for 3rd time (you know cause you can easily fix RRoD), but Xbox One was BC by then.

I really don't get people's passions to hate a company. The closet thing I know is how I don't like Apple, yet I own an iPad and would get an iMac if I had the money. I'm not such a complete ass I'd avoid something out of brand alliance. I was like that in 90s, and my ignorance is why I never owned a Sega while they were alive.

Your xbox one is even more shit compare to the PS3 and i don't see you crying dynamitecop.

And in fact BC on xbox one sucks its limited to a small quantity of games and most of them are arcade or indies.

Thank god you don't hate sony yet you see the PS4 as been shit vs the PS3,but don't see how shitty the xbox one is compare to the xbox 360 or the PS3.

Yeah I didn't get a Xbox Day 1, I randomly bought one when I didn't need it, I left the house 100% plans to get a Wii U so kids would have something to play. When I saw the Xbox One with AC4 and could play GTAV, and Wii U had nothing in case that I want, I said **** it, and casually played my One since 2015.

Then I got Pro and a Switch, and only played like 3 Xbox games last year cause spent all of 2017 catching up on PS4 games. But then I got the X this year, and got rid of the Switch and upgraded my PC. So now I'm back to the PC/Xbox mode I was in prior to PS4, and just beating my PS4 exclusives 1 by 1, and likely would be finished if I wasn't getting so many great games to play on Game Pass.

#72 Posted by tormentos (28393 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

My launch PS2 lasted 3 years before DRE. I played it into the grave. I bought a second one and maybe kids wont remember but things had 90 day warranties then. Like 5 months in and the DRE happened. I bought an Xbox then. I eventually got another PS2 because fvck it, its my money and entertainment.

That is od because sony never did a warranty extension that i know of it was always 1 year,and i was a PS2 owner since launch.

PlayStation®2 Warranties

The following are copies of the Limited Warranty for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system (SCPH-70000 Series) respectively, along with those for SCEI manufactured peripherals and software.

LIMITED WARRANTY FOR THE PLAYSTATION®2 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) warrants to the original purchaser that this product (hardware, game discs and accessories) shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase (the "Warranty Period"). If this product is determined to be defective during the Warranty Period, SCEA agrees to either repair or replace, at its option, the SCEA product. You must call 1-800-345-SONY to receive instructions to obtain repair/replacement services.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/warranties/ps2/

I don't remember my PS2 having 3 month warranty,maybe it was the instore one for return.

@kingtito said:

@tormentos: The reading comprehension bug bites you again el tormented. Never said YLOD was as big as DRE or RROD but it was an issue and people still purchased PS consoles. The point, since it's obvious I have to spell everything out for you, people will purchase which ever console they want whether the previous ones had issues or not. It's really not much of a factor when someone chooses to buy a particular one.

Why would I pay for a 2nd 360 when MS warrantied the ones that died? I got my 1st one back in 7 days. The 2nd was a different story. Unlike you, since I owned consoles, I had other things to do besides sit at home and play games all day long. When I did I was playing Wow with my girlfriend(now wife) and friends from work. Once again, unlike you, I had a capable gaming PC so if my console wasn't around and I just had to game, I had my PC. Sorry to disappoint el tormented, but I only had to purchase the 1 360. Didn't buy another MS console until the X1 launched.

Sucks to be you

My god dude get a freaking spine.

Because your warranty wasn't eternal and even if you got a shinny new 360 when you were service that one was destine to fail as well and you didn't get 3 new years of warranty,in fact you claimed falsely that you were service out of warranty for free when you were trying to imply that the warranty didn't run out.

So yeah i am 100% sure that you are lying to defend MS and downplay sony and that you buy another xbox 360 if not more.

@kingtito said:

Not surprising, I wouldn't think you'd have many friends or many friends with 360s. Gamers hang out and are friends with other gamers and it's clear you're not nor did you own a 360.

There are people here who know i owned a 360 in fact some lemmings KNOW it.lol

So once again predictable as ever you hide on the Tormy you don't have a console act is pathetic.

#73 Posted by xantufrog (10817 posts) -

@cainetao11: right - I'm not saying 3 years is an acceptable life span. And 5 months certainly isn't. But when I see someone playing a PS2 for 3 years and then its laser goes bad... I mean c'mon, that's not exactly the end of the world.

In honor of this thread I'll turn on my old PS2 today and play guitar hero. If the disc will read

#74 Posted by Steppy_76 (2615 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@cainetao11 said:

That is od because sony never did a warranty extension that i know of it was always 1 year,and i was a PS2 owner since launch.

PlayStation®2 Warranties

The following are copies of the Limited Warranty for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system (SCPH-70000 Series) respectively, along with those for SCEI manufactured peripherals and software.

Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) warrants to the original purchaser that this product (hardware, game discs and accessories) shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase (the "Warranty Period"). If this product is determined to be defective during the Warranty Period, SCEA agrees to either repair or replace, at its option, the SCEA product. You must call 1-800-345-SONY to receive instructions to obtain repair/replacement services.

I don't remember my PS2 having 3 month warranty,maybe it was the instore one for return.

@kingtito said:

Sucks to be you

My god dude get a freaking spine.

Because your warranty wasn't eternal and even if you got a shinny new 360 when you were service that one was destine to fail as well and you didn't get 3 new years of warranty,in fact you claimed falsely that you were service out of warranty for free when you were trying to imply that the warranty didn't run out.

So yeah i am 100% sure that you are lying to defend MS and downplay sony and that you buy another xbox 360 if not more.

@kingtito said:

There are people here who know i owned a 360 in fact some lemmings KNOW it.lol

So once again predictable as ever you hide on the Tormy you don't have a console act is pathetic.

The warranty in the united states was 90 days, not one year.(Most other countries mandate companies have to have a minimum of a one year warranty, but not the US)

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/163651/Sony-Playstation-Playstation-2.html?page=23#manual

I can't find a link for repair prices back then, but I'm almost positive Sony charged $149 when the PS2 was 299 and dropped the repair charge to 99 once the ps2 dropped in price to 199. It was far more than the 25 bucks you are spouting off about.

The links to repair guide on the internet were English and not Japanese...logic would dictate that these people purchased a PS2 when it launched outside of japan in october 2000, which translates to the problem being pervasive enough that a guide appeared 16 months after it launched outside of Japan(and 22 months since it launched in Japan, therefore making it STILL not hit the minimum required for you to be able to say it lasted "year(s)".) Logic would further dictate that this guide wasn't written the first day that these issues were cropping up either.

I don't care to argue about this with you, the rose colored tint you view sony's past is far different than the reality, I just like pointing that out.

I had to take my PS2 apart every couple months and adjust the white cog wheels to keep my PS2 playing both dvd and cd based games. I fixed a couple friends PS2's as well, but our friends being lucky enough to have somebody they knew being able to fix their machines didn't make the problem go away, and most people weren't so lucky.

#75 Edited by cainetao11 (36341 posts) -

@tormentos: I was also a launch PS2 owner. I paid $500 with 3 games and an extra controller from the hobby/games store in Cross County mall Yonkers, NY. My launch console lasted until 2003. It was my second PS2 that Sony wouldn't pay for which DRE'd after 4-5 months. 90 days was a standard warranty way back for many things. Im not saying you didn't find that info or Sony doesn't claim that now, but it wasn't what I experienced in 2003.

Its wonderful in 2018 you can look shit up but I'm old enough to know everything on the internet isnt the truth as it actually took place. I called Sony customer service back in 2003 and they expected me to pay for the second DRE. I refused. My live in girlfriend was pissed because she bought the second PS2 and got on the phone with them LOL. Ive mentioned this experience more than once in the 12+ years I've been posting.

@kingtito he did own a 360, dude.

@xantufrog said:

@cainetao11: right - I'm not saying 3 years is an acceptable life span. And 5 months certainly isn't. But when I see someone playing a PS2 for 3 years and then its laser goes bad... I mean c'mon, that's not exactly the end of the world.

In honor of this thread I'll turn on my old PS2 today and play guitar hero. If the disc will read

You know I didn't get all pissed after getting 3 years from my launch PS2. I accept shit happens in life. I'd rather try to roll with the punches then get all worked up like a little bitch. But my girl had bought the second one for me and 5 months is a slap in the face to her. I remember my buddy Nelson told me, "get an Xbox. This DRE thing is known amongst gamers and Xbox has some cool games". So I did and loved it. And I bought another PS2 when I was flush with cash.

#76 Posted by cainetao11 (36341 posts) -

@Steppy_76:

The warranty in the united states was 90 days, not one year.(Most other countries mandate companies have to have a minimum of a one year warranty, but not the US)

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/163651/Sony-Playstation-Playstation-2.html?page=23#manual

I can't find a link for repair prices back then, but I'm almost positive Sony charged $149 when the PS2 was 299 and dropped the repair charge to 99 once the ps2 dropped in price to 199. It was far more than the 25 bucks you are spouting off about.

The links to repair guide on the internet were English and not Japanese...logic would dictate that these people purchased a PS2 when it launched outside of japan in october 2000, which translates to the problem being pervasive enough that a guide appeared 16 months after it launched outside of Japan(and 22 months since it launched in Japan, therefore making it STILL not hit the minimum required for you to be able to say it lasted "year(s)".) Logic would further dictate that this guide wasn't written the first day that these issues were cropping up either.

I don't care to argue about this with you, the rose colored tint you view sony's past is far different than the reality, I just like pointing that out.

I had to take my PS2 apart every couple months and adjust the white cog wheels to keep my PS2 playing both dvd and cd based games. I fixed a couple friends PS2's as well, but our friends being lucky enough to have somebody they knew being able to fix their machines didn't make the problem go away, and most people weren't so lucky.

As I said to my old pal Tormentos the internet isn't always reliable when looking up the past. Reading what you linked is basically what I experienced. 90 days here in NYC was the warranty. My launch PS2 lasted about 3 years, my second PS2 roughly 5 months. That was a problem for me. I was lucky that when my 360 shit the bed the 3 year warranty was in place. I got it replaced free and used it until I sold it after getting an Elite.

#77 Posted by xantufrog (10817 posts) -

@cainetao11: 5 months is a legit problem. There's no two ways about it

#78 Posted by cainetao11 (36341 posts) -

@xantufrog: No doubt. Like I said I still eventually bought another PS2. It had such a great library of games dude. I have a BC fat PS3 and I still play some old PS2 games I own on it.

#79 Posted by xantufrog (10817 posts) -

@cainetao11: it lives!

#80 Posted by lundy86_4 (51998 posts) -

I actually found the DRE for PS2 far more annoying, but largely due to being younger and unable to buy new systems. I think I had one or two 360's fail on me, but I still loved the console and it wasn't the reason I got the PS4... If possible, I like to own all systems that are necessary with my PC.

#81 Posted by cainetao11 (36341 posts) -

@xantufrog: Nice! Great games are fun no matter what they look like imo. I don't mind PS2 graphics in the least.

#82 Posted by BossFightHub (7 posts) -

RROD had nothing to do with it since i have never gotten it on owned an early xbox 360. but i moved to PS4 since most of friends play it.

#83 Posted by Zaryia (7548 posts) -
@knight-k said:

Every reasonable person would have switched to the PS4 this gen.

1. But almost all of PS4s games are better on PC.

2. PC has over 100 more high scoring games.

3. PC has exponentially better online, with 100s of more highly played games, mods, e-sports, and several competitive scenes outside of 1 fighting game.

#84 Posted by Howmakewood (5694 posts) -

Nah, both of my 360's got replaced with warranty, bone simply hasn't had the games to justice the purchase

#85 Posted by Rockman999 (7355 posts) -

Nope, I have a Slim 360 that has never so much as crashed on me. I went with PS4 this gen simply cause MS flopped so hard with the OG One.

#86 Posted by tormentos (28393 posts) -

@Steppy_76 said:

I don't care to argue about this with you, the rose colored tint you view sony'spast is far different than the reality, I just like pointing that out.

This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state or from province to province. This warranty is valid only in the United States and Canada.

From the link i posted which is directly from sony yes the 1 year was for US and canada,even the link say US.

Never heard about sony charging either $149 for dre,which by the way was easily fix,and after a year you didn't have a worry about voiding your warranty as it was over.

A $25 dollar part would do second DRE wasn't something that happen 3 months from launch.

Oh look a lesson in reality for an alt account who can't even believe a freaking LINK I POSTED DIRECTLY from SONY IT SELF and that also state US and canada as 1 year warranty again i don't remember a 1 year extension done by sony.

That is funny because once i changed my never again i had a problem with it,and i use to MOD PS2 and xbox consoles,which by the way also got DRE from all its different drives,phillips,samsung,benq and more so the Thompson drives which were particularly faulty the only difference is that the xbox sold like crap compare to the PS2 so obviously the problem would be more sounded.

RROD was far worse could not be repair easy and E74 which was a different error wasn't even cover until 2009.

#87 Posted by cainetao11 (36341 posts) -

@bossfighthub said:

RROD had nothing to do with it since i have never gotten it on owned an early xbox 360. but i moved to PS4 since most of friends play it.

The most important exclusive imo. Well said. My friends play on Xbox, have for years. getyeryayasout was my only consistent PS4 online player. We play on Xbox now.

#88 Edited by cainetao11 (36341 posts) -

@tormentos: But the thing is, that link didn't exist when I bought my PS2. I understand in 2018 that's what Sony puts on the internet. Was it on the internet in 2003 when my second PS2 DRE'd? He linked the manual that came with the PS2 in the US back then I believe. It said 90 day warranty. And he's right, the US didn't mandate any longer then. Maybe they do now.

Neither of us are disputing RROD was worse. It was, but the warranty for many things in the continental US back then was 90 days.

#89 Posted by Steppy_76 (2615 posts) -

@tormentos: you linked to the warranty for the 70000 series... the slimline.... my links were for the 50000 series the last of the fat models. You are wrong. Shows how long Sony took to even extend the warranty to a year. A lesson in reality from a supposed "alt". I think the one year warranty was a result of the lawsuit about the dre. Btw the xbox got dde's short for dirty disc error message that popped up on the xbox. Dre was short for disc read error which is what a ps2 would pop up on the screen.

#90 Edited by cainetao11 (36341 posts) -

@Steppy_76: My first two PS2's were the fat one. I bought another in late 2005, the thin model. I don't know all the model numbers and that stuff but I know I was told by Sony customer service that my second PS2 was out of warranty at about 5 months when it DRE'd.

#91 Posted by Steppy_76 (2615 posts) -

@cainetao11: mine was a fat one and it was dead after about a year. I contacted sony and I swear they told me 149 to fix it out of warranty... so I took to the internet to fix it myself and got another year or so out of it before I replaced it for a slim.

#92 Posted by Steppy_76 (2615 posts) -

@tormentos: proven wrong and ran away from the thread huh?

#93 Posted by xantufrog (10817 posts) -

@Steppy_76 said:

@tormentos: you linked to the warranty for the 70000 series... the slimline....

I noticed that too. *eyeroll*

I'm pretty grateful mine's still trucking. I'm trying to remember which games I got the DRE on, because it's not giving me any guff with GT3 or Guitar Hero or Ratchet and Clank since I fired it up this week. Mine's technically the revision 4 I believe, from looking at the serial number. Pretty sure R5 introduced a better laser, to address the problem, and then the slims further tackled it.

#94 Posted by Pedro (33339 posts) -

@Steppy_76 said:

Don't worry, he will return but twist it to indicate he was right.

#95 Edited by tormentos (28393 posts) -

@Steppy_76 said:

@tormentos: you linked to the warranty for the 70000 series... the slimline.... my links were for the 50000 series the last of the fat models. You are wrong. Shows how long Sony took to even extend the warranty to a year. A lesson in reality from a supposed "alt". I think the one year warranty was a result of the lawsuit about the dre. Btw the xbox got dde's short for dirty disc error message that popped up on the xbox. Dre was short for disc read error which is what a ps2 would pop up on the screen.

On the very fu**ing top of the page..Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

THIS WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY IF THIS PRODUCT: (a) IS USED WITH PRODUCTS NOT SOLD OR LICENSED BY SCEA (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NON-LICENSED GAME ENHANCEMENT DEVICES, ADAPTORS AND POWER SUPPLY SOURCES) OR OTHERWISE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS PRODUCT; (b) IS USED FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING RENTAL) OR IS MODIFIED OR TAMPERED WITH; (c) IS DAMAGED BY ACTS OF GOD, MISUSE, ABUSE, NEGLIGENCE, ACCIDENT, WEAR AND TEAR, UNREASONABLE USE, OR BY OTHER CAUSES UNRELATED TO DEFECTIVE MATERIALS OR WORKMANSHIP; (d) HAS HAD THE SERIAL NUMBER ALTERED, DEFACED OR REMOVED; OR, (e) HAS HAD THE WARRANTY SEAL ON THE CONOSLE REMOVED. THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER PRODUCTS SOLD AS IS OR WITH ALL FAULTS, OR CONSUMABLES (SUCH AS FUSES OR BATTERIES).

PROOF OF PURCHASE IN THE FORM OF A BILL OF SALE OR RECEIPTED INVOICE WHICH IS EVIDENCE THAT THE UNIT IS WITHIN THE WARRANTY PERIOD MUST BE PRESENTED TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE.

REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER. ANY APPLICABLE IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL SCEA BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT. SOME STATES OR PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS AND SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATIONS OF CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state or from province to province. This warranty is valid only in the United States and Canada.

PS2 ^^^ warranty PS2 7000 vvvvv.

LIMITED WARRANTY FOR THE PLAYSTATION 2 (SCPH-70000 SERIES) COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) warrants to the original purchaser that each of the constituent products of this "PlayStation®2" console shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase (the "Warranty Period"). If one or more of the above-identified products is determined to be defective during the Warranty Period, SCEA's liability shall be limited to the repair or replacement of this product with a new or refurbished product at SCEA's option. For the purpose of this Limited Warranty, "refurbished" means a product that has been returned to its original specifications. You must call 1-800-345-7669 to receive instructions, and then must deliver the product, freight prepaid, to the authorized service facility specified to obtain repair/replacement services.

THIS WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY IF THIS PRODUCT: (a) IS USED WITH PRODUCTS NOT SOLD OR LICENSED BY SCEA (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NON-LICENSED GAME ENHANCEMENT DEVICES, CONTROLLERS, ADAPTORS AND POWER SUPPLY DEVICES) OR OTHERWISE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS PRODUCT; (b) IS USED FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING RENTAL) OR IS MODIFIED OR TAMPERED WITH; (c) IS DAMAGED BY ACTS OF GOD, MISUSE, ABUSE, NEGLIGENCE, ACCIDENT, WEAR AND TEAR, UNREASONABLE USE, OR BY OTHER CAUSES UNRELATED TO DEFECTIVE MATERIALS OR WORKMANSHIP; (d) HAS HAD THE SERIAL NUMBER ALTERED, DEFACED OR REMOVED; OR (e) HAS HAD THE WARRANTY SEAL ON THE CONSOLE REMOVED. THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER PRODUCTS SOLD AS IS OR WITH ALL FAULTS, OR CONSUMABLES (SUCH AS BATTERIES).

PROOF OF PURCHASE IN THE FORM OF A BILL OF SALE OR RECEIPTED INVOICE, WHICH IS EVIDENCE THAT THE UNIT IS WITHIN THE WARRANTY PERIOD, MUST BE PRESENTED TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE.

REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER. ANY APPLICABLE IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL SCEA BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT. SOME STATES OR PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS AND SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATIONS OF CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

PS2 7000 ^^^ warranty.

You officially earned the last own of the year award for not reading the link i posted is about both warranties and include all models slim or fat.

@Pedro said:
@Steppy_76 said:

Don't worry, he will return but twist it to indicate he was right.

He is a moron that can't read and you well you are you nothing more to add.lol

The link is for all models the moron simply can't read..Hahahahahaa

#96 Posted by tormentos (28393 posts) -

@Steppy_76 said:

Just to spike the ball..lol

Playstation 2 and playstation 2 7000 both name separate and each has its own warranty read..Hahaha..

#97 Edited by sakaiXx (5071 posts) -

Ps4 is master race. Even pc users had to beg for that name.

#98 Edited by Pedro (33339 posts) -

I was proven correct. This just too easy.

#99 Posted by xantufrog (10817 posts) -

@tormentos: you doing understand. And stop calling people morons.

They are noting that the warranty coverage changed. And so, by linking one from after the PS2 7000 series existed, you are not showing the original warranty.

I doubt I still have my card, but a quick trip to Amazon lists the original manufacturer info they had for the device and clearly advertises the 90 day warranty: https://www.amazon.com/Sony-PlayStation-2-Console-Black-x/dp/B00004S1DZ

#100 Posted by Pedro (33339 posts) -

@xantufrog: lol. He is just going to repeat the same thing over and over regardless of what counter claims you bring to the table.