Anyone that went 360 to PS4....did RROD play a huge part in that.

• 156 results
Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

I got it but afterwards my system worked great, but that was an epidemic. And it was like lems at the time would get mad at gamers who made fun of microsoft instead of microsoft.

I switched to PS4 without even thinking of it.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

Every reasonable person would have switched to the PS4 this gen. RROD was the least of MS's problems even though it damaged the reputation of the Xbox brand.

- PS4 runs superior multiplats compared to original Xbone

- PS4 was cheaper

- PS4 has more an better exclusives

- PS4 is nr.1 worldwide

Only a hardcore Xbox fanboy would stay with the absolute trash that was and is Xbone

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2925 Posts

I went from xbox 360 to ps4, because :

1) The PS4 was more powerful.

2) Sony focused entirely on gaming, whereas Microsoft at least in the beginning focused on crap like drm, kinect and watching tv on your xbox.

3) I wanted to play some Sony games that I had missed out on earlier, especially Final Fantasy X and The Last of Us.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I never got the Red Rings of Death, pretty much the upcoming ps4 exclusives is why I left the Lemming organization.

I couldn’t do another gen of Gears and Halo , which btw was a good decision on my part due to B- rated studios taking the helm on those two franchises.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ahmedkhan1994
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts

Nah, I didn't care for RROD.

At the start of the gen i went from 360 to PS4 mainly because of the power advantage. I got caught up in resolutiongate.

After a year I got an xbox one because my 360 gaming group wouldn't follow my fanboy logic as to why ps4 is better than xbox (power, exclusives, etc.) and got xbox ones instead.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

As much as I thought the original 360 hardware was built like shit, that wasn't an issue because they improved it with a later model. It was the 24 hr check-in and used game rigmarole that had me jump off. Even though they didn't go through with it, it was still enough of a kick in the dick that they even had the audacity to try it that soured me off Xbox this gen.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9814 Posts

@Mercenary848: Not really. I had 2 rrod 360s, but I had problems with my PS3 too. I was going to get a PS4 regardless.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

Well I had both PS3 and X360(well PC too), but this gen only PS4 and PC... PS4 because of the exclusives.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:

I got it but afterwards my system worked great, but that was an epidemic. And it was like lems at the time would get mad at gamers who made fun of microsoft instead of microsoft.

Did the PS2 DRE cause PS gamers to switch to Xbox or Nintendo?

Did the PS3 YLOD issues cause PS gamers to switch to X1 or WiiU?

The PS2 DRE problem was every bit as bad as the DRE and most of the time even worse because they were definitely out of warranty by the time it hit as was the issue with the PS3.

People switch consoles for various reasons.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kingtito

@daredevils2k said:

I never got the Red Rings of Death, pretty much the upcoming ps4 exclusives is why I left the Lemming organization.

I couldn’t do another gen of Gears and Halo , which btw was a good decision on my part due to B- rated studios taking the helm on those two franchises.

Lies, you were never a lem. You don't have to lie to kick it

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

Yeah, RROD was a crazy embarrassment for MS. I don't think there has ever been a worse failure in terms of console problems. Take that disaster, throw in Sony's rep for solid exclusives, the fact that the PS4 ran multiplats better than the original X1, was cheaper than the X1, and how Sony focused on actual games and gaming whereas MS was trying to make some kind of casual movie/sports/whatever multi-use toaster device, and it's a no-brainer why so many jumped ship and came over to Sony's side.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Whatyearisit.gif

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

I had both a PS3 and X360 die during that gen.

360 was RROD

PS3 was yellow blinking light (due to overheating - it was a launch fatty)

What's the saying? When you buy cheap tools you end up buying them twice.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10416 Posts
@pmanden said:

I went from xbox 360 to ps4, because :

1) The PS4 was more powerful.

2) Sony focused entirely on gaming, whereas Microsoft at least in the beginning focused on crap like drm, kinect and watching tv on your xbox.

3) I wanted to play some Sony games that I had missed out on earlier, especially Final Fantasy X and The Last of Us.

yeah all these things plus without bungie and epic ms's first party looked in trouble

Alexkid179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Alexkid179
Member since 2018 • 14 Posts

I had a 360 and PS3, I only got a PS4 this time.

The RROD didn't have anything to do with my choice to get a PS4.

It was the PS3 games and the support it received from Sony in the last years of it's life that made me decide to get a PS4.

I trusted Sony to deliver games and support the console.

I would have purchased an Xbox as well if I was confident it was going to get fully supported by MS with great games. I can't tell where MS is heading with their gaming goals today.

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

Most definitely it did. I can't speak for the X1 since I don't own one but I've owned OG Xboxes and 360's and can honestly say the quality is low for them. I've had issues with the disk drive opening/closing for both consoles because of the cheap rubber band they used for tension and two RROD on 360s.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kingtito

@subspecies said:

Yeah, RROD was a crazy embarrassment for MS. I don't think there has ever been a worse failure in terms of console problems. Take that disaster, throw in Sony's rep for solid exclusives, the fact that the PS4 ran multiplats better than the original X1, was cheaper than the X1, and how Sony focused on actual games and gaming whereas MS was trying to make some kind of casual movie/sports/whatever multi-use toaster device, and it's a no-brainer why so many jumped ship and came over to Sony's side.

PS2 DRE ring a bell? It might not of happened in the 1st 6 months but it eventually happened to an overwhelming majority of PS2s. It's actually worse since it wasn't covered under warranty because that warranty expired. You can throw in the PS3s YLOD issue as well as the PS1s well known power supply problems. Sony isn't immune to console hardware issues and in fact I would say MS has a better record for more reliable hardware.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mercenary848

Hey guys I’m gonna break form a bit.

I like creating threads that require people to think and answer from the heart.

Let me know if you guys want more threads like this, instead of the typical sw fanboy affair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@kingtito said:
@subspecies said:

PS2 DRE ring a bell? It might not of happened in the 1st 6 months but it eventually happened to an overwhelming majority of PS2s. It's actually worse since it wasn't covered under warranty because that warranty expired. You can throw in the PS3s YLOD issue as well as the PS1s well known power supply problems. Sony isn't immune to console hardware issues and in fact I would say MS has a better record for more reliable hardware.

Come on, my dude. RROD was the worst shit ever. I'm not excusing those other things, but nothing touches RROD in terms of how devastating it was. It cost MS an obscene amount of $$$.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@kingtito said:
@daredevils2k said:

Lies, you were never a lem. You don't have to lie to kick it

Awww sounds like king is butthurt, someone give him the vaseline asap. .

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#23 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:

I don't understand that sentence. Make fun of MS instead of making fun of MS? WTF?

As for topic, I owned both last gen and the one prior. Nothing made me switch over because Im an adult and can buy and afford multiple platforms.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@kingtito: dude, no. The PS2 laser failure is nowhere near as big a deal.

While the PS2 is known to have weak lasers, all old disc-drives die. They have both mechanical parts that will wear and lasers that weaken. Dreamcasts, PS1s, your X1... they are all destined to die. My original XBox had TWO drives fail on me within a couple of years. Pissed me off. My PC has chewed through a few CD and DVD drives over the decades. It happens. Meanwhile, my original launch PS2 DOES have the laser weakening, but it still works. And can be fully repaired should I ever need with a height adjustment or super cheap laser change. If yours died, I can fix it for you in a flash.

It's really super weird to say "this product is worse because it DOESNT fail in the first year due to a serious manufacturing design flaw, but instead it will fail after years of love and regular use in a really cheap and easily repairable way - because the warranty will have expired"

So... Like every mechanical product sucks worse than RROD?

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Had RROD three times, still bought an X1, X1S and X1X at launch.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mercenary848

@cainetao11: sorry typo. I meant make fun of Microsoft’s critics

Edit I just reread my OP, it made perfect sense; take a middle school english class silly goose.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mercenary848

@cainetao11 said:
@Mercenary848 said:

I don't understand that sentence. Make fun of MS instead of making fun of MS? WTF?

As for topic, I owned both last gen and the one prior. Nothing made me switch over because Im an adult and can buy and afford multiple platforms.

Why are people with joker avatars so brash and aggressive online? I feel that charachter attracted so many people that NEEDED a persona.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#28 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I went through three RRODs and a bad video card, and still bought an Xbox One. I've had issues with my Xbox One since Day One, largely in part to Kinect and Blu-Ray app quirks, nothing worth sending my system in. But my PS4 has been flawless.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

@xantufrog: phew.... Thankfully we no longer need to rely on optical media. It did get us through some low-bandwidth times though....

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: same here, the 24/7 online, the kinect camera, combined with it trying to be a cable box pushed me towards ps4.

They seem to have started turning it around tho, next gen I look forward to jumping back to xbox (as long as they dont screw up like they did beginning of this gen)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

I'm cooler than all you Xbox One haters...I switch from 360 to PS3 before PS4 came....Too bad PS4 was shit compared to my awesome PS3 and PC. My 360 was still working, but PS3 was neat, loved the old games on it. But my 360 did die for 3rd time (you know cause you can easily fix RRoD), but Xbox One was BC by then.

I really don't get people's passions to hate a company. The closet thing I know is how I don't like Apple, yet I own an iPad and would get an iMac if I had the money. I'm not such a complete ass I'd avoid something out of brand alliance. I was like that in 90s, and my ignorance is why I never owned a Sega while they were alive.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Nope, my first Xbox360 had the Jasper motherboard, so I got in the game quite late. Never suffered from RROD with the later models either. It was the price, the promise of potentially good exclusives (E3) and previous experience with the PS3 and its exclusives. I ended up getting all the consoles this gen too though.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kingtito said:
@Mercenary848 said:

Did the PS2 DRE cause PS gamers to switch to Xbox or Nintendo?

Did the PS3 YLOD issues cause PS gamers to switch to X1 or WiiU?

The PS2 DRE problem was every bit as bad as the DRE and most of the time even worse because they were definitely out of warranty by the time it hit as was the issue with the PS3.

People switch consoles for various reasons.

1-Dre wasn't even close to RROD,and every consoles with dvd,cd or blu-ray drive will suffer dre at one point.The xbox suffer from DRE so did the xbox 360,ps3,ps1 gamecube dreamcast it happen and PC as well DRE is nothing more than a Disk Read error.

2-YLOD wasn't even close again to RROD which was over 50% fail rate at one point.

No it wasn't DRE on PS2 was more common than on xbox because the PS2 outsold the xbox 6 to 1,by that time i use to mod xbox and yeah their drive would die as well specially then ones with thompson drivers which were particularly bad.

By the way DRE was easily fixed RROD was not,you could open your PS2 and change the lent i did.

By the way the xbox one warranty was 3 years from date of purchase which mean by the time the slim model arrived in 2010 all units bought on summer 2007 and back were already out of warranty.

Why is it so hard for lemmings to admit how bad RROD was,and why always you have to falsely claim DRE was as bad or YLOD non of the 2 problems were even close.

@kingtito said:

Eventually all consoles with a CD,dvd or blu-ray will die because the lent has a certain lifespan,that happen to old CD players,car CD players,i remember how many times i changed CD's and DVD drives on my PC.

You simply want to falsely claim DRE was worse than RROD it wasn't period.

Oh by the way LINK me to the news of DRE happening to the overwhelming majority of the PS2,back your shit up and stop making things just to defend the xbox.

No it wasn't worse and could be fix with a $25 dollar lents,contrary to RROD.

By the time MS implemented the 3 years warranty many people already had left 1 year and a few months,worse MS didn't start to cover E74 error until march 2009 which is a joke and which mean that anyone who had an xbox one from 2006 and before was out of warranty already when MS started to cover E74.

The xbox 360 had a ton of problems,MS didn't cover E74 before because it didn't see the problem as part of RROD.

YLOD nor DRE were even close to RROD not even close,if you have proof proving the contrary please link them and i would gladly admit it was worse,now evidence not your silly ass opinion or another lemmings like source.

@saltslasher said:

I'm cooler than all you Xbox One haters...I switch from 360 to PS3 before PS4 came....Too bad PS4 was shit compared to my awesome PS3 and PC. My 360 was still working, but PS3 was neat, loved the old games on it. But my 360 did die for 3rd time (you know cause you can easily fix RRoD), but Xbox One was BC by then.

I really don't get people's passions to hate a company. The closet thing I know is how I don't like Apple, yet I own an iPad and would get an iMac if I had the money. I'm not such a complete ass I'd avoid something out of brand alliance. I was like that in 90s, and my ignorance is why I never owned a Sega while they were alive.

Your xbox one is even more shit compare to the PS3 and i don't see you crying dynamitecop.

And in fact BC on xbox one sucks its limited to a small quantity of games and most of them are arcade or indies.

Thank god you don't hate sony yet you see the PS4 as been shit vs the PS3,but don't see how shitty the xbox one is compare to the xbox 360 or the PS3.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cainetao11

@Mercenary848 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Mercenary848 said:

Why are people with joker avatars so brash and aggressive online? I feel that charachter attracted so many people that NEEDED a persona.

Bolded is your answer. You are reacting emotionally to what strangers are typing on an internet forum. ;)

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mercenary848

@cainetao11 said:
@Mercenary848 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Mercenary848 said:

Bolded is your answer. You are reacting emotionally to what strangers are typing on an internet forum. ;)

fvjnmjnnn m

I just rolled my forehead against my keyboard and made more logical sense then you.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cainetao11

@Mercenary848 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Mercenary848 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Mercenary848 said:

fvjnmjnnn m

I just rolled my forehead against my keyboard and made more logical sense then you.

to yourself, I'm sure. Peace

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Mercenary848

@cainetao11: Come on joker, you are supposed to be this cool edgy guy. Not a sad man on the internet who lacks basic sentence comprehension.

Why so sensitive?

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

I switched 360 to ps4 because of microsoft. I didn't like Microsoft and their expensive crap. Secondly, ps4 was portrayed to be the better one. Also, we had the first and second Xbox so I wanted something else.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kingtito

@subspecies said:
@kingtito said:
@subspecies said:

Come on, my dude. RROD was the worst shit ever. I'm not excusing those other things, but nothing touches RROD in terms of how devastating it was. It cost MS an obscene amount of $$$.

I didn't say it wasn't the worst, I said Sony has just as bad a reputation for faulty hardware and that goes back multiple consoles.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kingtito

@xantufrog said:

@kingtito: dude, no. The PS2 laser failure is nowhere near as big a deal.

While the PS2 is known to have weak lasers, all old disc-drives die. They have both mechanical parts that will wear and lasers that weaken. Dreamcasts, PS1s, your X1... they are all destined to die. My original XBox had TWO drives fail on me within a couple of years. Pissed me off. My PC has chewed through a few CD and DVD drives over the decades. It happens. Meanwhile, my original launch PS2 DOES have the laser weakening, but it still works. And can be fully repaired should I ever need with a height adjustment or super cheap laser change. If yours died, I can fix it for you in a flash.

It's really super weird to say "this product is worse because it DOESNT fail in the first year due to a serious manufacturing design flaw, but instead it will fail after years of love and regular use in a really cheap and easily repairable way - because the warranty will have expired"

So... Like every mechanical product sucks worse than RROD?

It was every bit as big, it just took longer to crop up. RROD happened early on, usually within the 1st 6 months, with most launch 360's. I didn't know a single person that didn't have the dreaded PS2 DRE error but the difference was it happened well after the warranty expired.

They die but they don't die THAT early on. It's not like the PS2 suffered the DRE error 10 years after launch. Sony was even sued and settled in 2005. That's only 5 years after launch. A bit short for a laser to give out.

It's designed to be used for years and shouldn't fail after a few. The launch PS2s started failing only a few years after launch. You're pretending this wasn't actually an issue yet Sony was sued AND settled out of court.

Like I said it was worse? Should we chalk RROD up to normal wear and tear since, you know, lasers fail after heavy use? Should we pretend the DRE error never existed and chalk that up to normal use? Let's just pretend all machine breakdowns are due to "loving, regular use"...loli pops and rainbows.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 xantufrog  Moderator

@kingtito: I didn't say it wasn't an issue at all. I said it was nowhere near as big a problem. And I explained why.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

JesterTito meltdown.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@Mercenary848: The PS4's success was due entirely to Microsoft's botched marketing plans for the Xbox One, followed by Sony taking complete advantage of it, while simultaneously offering a better system day 1.

The PS4 being better would not have mattered if Sony and MS's roles were reversed in this scenario.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kingtito

@xantufrog said:

@kingtito: I didn't say it wasn't an issue at all. I said it was nowhere near as big a problem. And I explained why.

You sure tried to make it sound like it was just "loving, regular use" and to be expected of the PS2. Personally I believe it was worse than the RROD because I didn't have to pay for a single replacement BUT I did for my PS1, PS2 AND PS3.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#45 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69358 Posts

I went from PS3 to PS4. The Xbox 360 as gaming platform was meh. Outside the PROD the hardware delivered and the game management was superior to the PS3 but I enjoyed the PS3 more despite the disk drive failing on me twice and purchasing the hardware three times. The first was stolen.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kingtito said:

It was every bit as big, it just took longer to crop up. RROD happened early on, usually within the 1st 6 months, with most launch 360's. I didn't know a single person that didn't have the dreaded PS2 DRE error but the difference was it happened well after the warranty expired.

They die but they don't die THAT early on. It's not like the PS2 suffered the DRE error 10 years after launch. Sony was even sued and settled in 2005. That's only 5 years after launch. A bit short for a laser to give out.

It's designed to be used for years and shouldn't fail after a few. The launch PS2s started failing only a few years after launch. You're pretending this wasn't actually an issue yet Sony was sued AND settled out of court.

Like I said it was worse? Should we chalk RROD up to normal wear and tear since, you know, lasers fail after heavy use? Should we pretend the DRE error never existed and chalk that up to normal use? Let's just pretend all machine breakdowns are due to "loving, regular use"...loli pops and rainbows.

LINK PLEASE.

Mine suffer DRE 4 to 5 years in and a simple laser change fixed it.

DRE wasn't even close to RROD period unless you have a freaking link showing how the fault was 50% you have nothing DRE happening 3 years into your console life is normal specially if you play allot most PC writers didn't last me that long,specially when i use to burn a lot.

The xbox 360 had RROD + E74 + DRE + a faulty design which could not even take a small bump while it was reading a disc or it would ruin it.

Back up your crap your word is worthless without proof,i have certainly back up how shitty the 360 was many times.

@kingtito said:
@xantufrog said:

You sure tried to make it sound like it was just "loving, regular use" and to be expected of the PS2. Personally I believe it was worse than the RROD because I didn't have to pay for a single replacement BUT I did for my PS1, PS2 AND PS3.

Of course it is worse for you,you are a blind biased MS suck up who can't even admit been a suck up.

You try to pass RROD warranty as never ending here and i proved you wrong,never has a console have a 50+% fail rate but the xbox 360,you can put all problems sony had on its consoles and all 3 still would not top RROD,hell you can toss the gamecube and wii inther as well.

Your xbox 360 had eternal warranty.hahahahahaa

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@kingtito said:

You sure tried to make it sound like it was just "loving, regular use" and to be expected of the PS2.

But... it is. I played my PS2 for god knows how many hundreds of hours before I started noticing oddities. It was a DVD-watching machine, and tireless games like GT3, GTA3, Dynasty Warriors, Star Wars Battlefront, and FFX ran the thing through its paces. It was on constantly. The fact is that its DREs cropped up sooner than I've experienced on other drives, but they also still only cropped up after years of raking the device over the coals (which, yes... means it's outside warranty. But that can be said of any device that only dies after years of use). You should see mine - it's covered in scratches and soda can rings; I treated it like crap and dragged it around to every friend's house.

To give it a car analogy: better built carts go 100,000+ miles without serious issues. The PS2 car has a specific achilles heal that crops up after 50,000 miles - luckily it's cheap AF to fix and the rest of it has the longevity of any other better built car. Meanwhile, you've got the 360 that burns out in the first year of use, and you're arguing that counts as less of a lemon because it's such a pervasive and guaranteed failure that it falls under actual lemon laws and dealer warranty.

Again, it got a DRE sooner than normal. Sony was, apparently, sued because of this. I'm not denying that, nor am I defending their choice to cheap out on something that is 1) so cheap in the first place and 2) so core to the device. Coincidentally, my only oddly premature PC disc drive failure happened to be a Sony DVD-RW drive. But that doesn't mean it's equivalent in cost, % affected, and how catastrophic it is for the machine.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kingtito

@tormentos said:

LINK PLEASE.

Mine suffer DRE 4 to 5 years in and a simple laser change fixed it.

DRE wasn't even close to RROD period unless you have a freaking link showing how the fault was 50% you have nothing DRE happening 3 years into your console life is normal specially if you play allot most PC writers didn't last me that long,specially when i use to burn a lot.

The xbox 360 had RROD + E74 + DRE + a faulty design which could not even take a small bump while it was reading a disc or it would ruin it.

Back up your crap your word is worthless without proof,i have certainly back up how shitty the 360 was many times.

@kingtito said:
@xantufrog said:

Of course it is worse for you,you are a blind biased MS suck up who can't even admit been a suck up.

You try to pass RROD warranty as never ending here and i proved you wrong,never has a console have a 50+% fail rate but the xbox 360,you can put all problems sony had on its consoles and all 3 still would not top RROD,hell you can toss the gamecube and wii inther as well.

Your xbox 360 had eternal warranty.hahahahahaa

So you had to pay for it? Hahaha "yep easy fix, only took my hard earned money"

Yep but was covered and E74 nor DRE happened to a majority of PS2s. The DRE happened to a overwhelming majority of early PS2s. You know it and I know but you want to play def, dumb and blind be my guest.

"Of course it is worse for you,you are a blind biased Sony suck up" fixed it for you pot.

You don't have to lie to kick it el tormented. We both know I never claimed it was a never ending warranty. At least I can talk from experience, can you?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kingtito

@xantufrog said:
@kingtito said:

You sure tried to make it sound like it was just "loving, regular use" and to be expected of the PS2.

But... it is. I played my PS2 for god knows how many hundreds of hours before I started noticing oddities. It was a DVD-watching machine, and tireless games like GT3, GTA3, Dynasty Warriors, Star Wars Battlefront, and FFX ran the thing through its paces. It was on constantly. The fact is that its DREs cropped up sooner than I've experienced on other drives, but they also still only cropped up after years of raking the device over the coals (which, yes... means it's outside warranty. But that can be said of any device that only dies after years of use). You should see mine - it's covered in scratches and soda can rings; I treated it like crap and dragged it around to every friend's house.

To give it a car analogy: better built carts go 100,000+ miles without serious issues. The PS2 car has a specific achilles heal that crops up after 50,000 miles - luckily it's cheap AF to fix and the rest of it has the longevity of any other better built car. Meanwhile, you've got the 360 that burns out in the first year of use, and you're arguing that counts as less of a lemon because it's such a pervasive and guaranteed failure that it falls under actual lemon laws and dealer warranty.

Again, it got a DRE sooner than normal. Sony was, apparently, sued because of this. I'm not denying that, nor am I defending their choice to cheap out on something that is 1) so cheap in the first place and 2) so core to the device. Coincidentally, my only oddly premature PC disc drive failure happened to be a Sony DVD-RW drive. But that doesn't mean it's equivalent in cost, % affected, and how catastrophic it is for the machine.

It's what it was built for and no way in hell should they have failed as early as they did. That's why Sony was sued AND settled.

So using it as it was intended is considered "raking the device over coals"? Give me a freaking break. I used every console just as I used my PS2 and I didn't experience these issues. Oh and I didn't use my PS2 as my primary DVD player. It was used mainly as a gaming device yet still experienced DRE issues.

So the PS2 was a crappy build console then if you're going to use the car analogy. It would be more like 25K miles not 50K. Nice try though

Like I said, you're trying to paint the PS2 with rainbows and gum drops. It was a huge issue but more importantly wasn't covered under warranty. My 360 was and thus in my experience the PS2 DRE was a bigger issue.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@kingtito said:
@subspecies said:
@kingtito said:
@subspecies said:

I didn't say it wasn't the worst, I said Sony has just as bad a reputation for faulty hardware and that goes back multiple consoles.

@kingtito: "I didn't say it wasn't the worst,"

@kingtito: "PS2 DRE ring a bell? It might not of happened in the 1st 6 months but it eventually happened to an overwhelming majority of PS2s. It's actually worse since it wasn't covered under warranty because that warranty expired."

So worse than the worst isn't the worst? My dude what the F are you talking about.