Anyone sticking with the playstation eco system next gen no matter what?

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Like even if sony messes up big and microsoft does a good console I feel like im gonna stick with playstation regardless due to my backlog of games for PSN and just im locked into the sony eco system and don't want to lose all my games and services from sony.

Anyone out there agree and sticking with sony no matter what at this point?

Microsoft will probably mess up the next xbox so I mean we don't have much of a choice.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I sorta feel like that. My PS4 library is too big. If Sony messes up big time next-genlike the Xbone is doing right now with no games and shit I'll just stick with PCs exclusively.

This is the reason I feel like MS picked the worst gen to mess up in. This is the first gen that console gamers are getting huge digital libraries. A lot of people are going to be hesitant to jump to a different ecosystem next gen. A lot of PS4 gamers right now are probably locked to the Sony ecosystem without even realizing it due to the number of games they already have for their PS4s. A lot of these PS4 gamers are going to be PS5 gamers come next gen when the PS5 inevitably gets BC. It's going to be extremely tough or impossible for MS to steal the gamers away from the Sony ecosystem next gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@quadknight said:

I sorta feel like that. My PS4 library is too big. If Sony messes up big time next-genlike the Xbone is doing right now with no games and shit I'll just stick with PCs exclusively.

This is the reason I feel like MS picked the worst gen to mess up in. This is the first gen that console gamers are getting huge digital libraries. A lot of people are going to be hesitant to jump to a different ecosystem next gen. A lot of PS4 gamers right now are probably locked to the Sony ecosystem without even realizing it due to the number of games they already have for their PS4s. A lot of these PS4 gamers are going to be PS5 gamers come next gen when the PS5 inevitably gets BC. It's going to be extremely tough or impossible for MS to steal the gamers away from the Sony ecosystem next gen.

glad im not alone yeah it feels like im getting a ps5 for sure

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

Not when you refer to it as an eco system.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#5 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Unless back compatibility becomes a thing for Sony I can't even guarantee I'll buy a PS5.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Why would it matter if your ps4 library is big? Its not like PlayStation had backwards compatibility.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

If the tables are turned next gen, I'll go with MS first. You're only harming yourself by being a corporate bitc.... whor.... slave. They gotta earn my money damn it!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

To me, it kinda does feel like I'm gonna do it again on next-gen PS5. Right now, there is still so much to do on PS4, I haven't even begin to clear out a few of my games like I should be doing. But as it still stands, all of my gaming and still is on PC. Sony's has really good exclusive games, I expect to buy myself PS5 at a later date after launch if they have good games to play that catches my fancy. Giving the fact I went all digital with PS4, it does look like I'll be sticking to Sony for the most parts into next-gen.

MS on the other hand makes my gaming life easier now they are putting there exclusive games on PC and for that, they have my thanks! MS makes it easier on my part when I can just buy there games on Windows 10 and not spend a dime on there consoles or even next-gen Xbox for that matter. As for Nintendo, well, Nintendo will always be Nintendo and yeah.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator

@Juub1990: Explain

145ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 145ty
Member since 2005 • 564 Posts

@ProtossRushX:

I play on PC, PS4 Pro and Switch. Next gen if Sony isn't backwards compatible with my digital library of games I'm done with PlayStation and just sticking with PC as my primary system again.

Right now PC gets loads of JRPGs, and every other third party game. Switch is in a drought with nothing interesting me on that platform outside of a few games (they need to cut the crap with ports). PS4 has all the exclusives and JRPGs I like. Xbox literally gets nothing but third party games and next to zero third party Japanese support (Nier?Ni No Kuni 2? FFXII? Nioh?Dragon Quest?) plus their exclusives are available to PC (which they mostly suck anyways).

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I’m pretty sure that I will stick with PS5 because of their first party studios. BC is not something that I care. I’ll have my PS4 in my closet if I need to play old games.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

No matter what?

Pretty much the only thing Sony could do to screw themselves next gen is to make PS5 not BC with PS4.

That would be the dumbest move in their history and slit their own throat, but excluding that I think Sony will be ok.

That said, I'd be willing to get an X1X/X2 next gen if they make some exclusives games worth playing and show they're dedicated to competing with games and not gimmicks.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Yep, need HZD 2.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

so whats all the ps fanboys going to do when they cant transfer their digital ps4 library to the ps5?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Im probably gonna go PC and Nintendo from here on. Those other two don’t really offer and compelling gaming anymore. Press X to win in dynamic, checkboard 1440p-1800p isn’t exciting. Next gen will just be more of the same. All of the creativity is on Nintendo products while the best 3rd party experience is on PC. The PCs some folks have right now are more powerful than the PS5 and next Xbox will be. Because of that, I don’t even see why Sony or Microsoft should even bother with new consoles for a while

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#17 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Didn't even get a PlayStation this gen. lol

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

Sony learned it's lesson with the ps3, that's the reason the PS4 is so successful, I don't really believe it will mess things up next gen.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@davillain- said:

Because the sensible thing is to simply keep the PS4 if you have such a huge backlog of games on it? If Sony releases a garbage console next gen they don't deserve your money. Keep the PS4 and get whatever next gen console is the best instead of that preemptive damage control.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaVillain  Moderator

@Juub1990 said:
@davillain- said:

Because the sensible thing is to simply keep the PS4 if you have such a huge backlog of games on it? If Sony releases a garbage console next gen they don't deserve your money. Keep the PS4 and get whatever next gen console is the best instead of that preemptive damage control.

That's a fair point. I personally don't expect anything better for PS5 myself. But as it stands, exclusive games is what the system drives for and if I don't see anything worth my while on PS5, I won't bother buying it and I still have lots to do on my PS4 anyways. I'll probably buy PS5 a year later after launch. My PC is still my ultimate gaming machine so there's that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

At this point in time, unless Sony changes their direction, I anticipate that the PS5 will be the first Playstation console that I don't buy. Up until now, I have always liked to buy all of the consoles every generation, but Sony continues to go further and further in the movie-game direction and that is a big turn off to me. Outside of a few remasters of old games from back when Sony still made games that focused on gameplay, the PS4 has been a huge disappointment. I think that I will be fine with just a Nintendo and Xbox combo next gen.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

I like Sony and their line of games, but I have no loyalty in the console space when a console maker drops the ball. I don't owe a corporation fealty, they need to earn my dollar. So we'll see.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

That depends. Do people still think there's going to be a new generation or just a new console which is forwards and backwards compatible. I mean if MS wanted, I think they could drop Xbone support and focus on game development for the XXbone once prices come down a bit.

'yeah but that would screw over Xbone owners', I don't think MS is above that.

I don't think it makes sense for MS or Sony to give up on what they've built and start again anymore. Given the capabilities of the PS4 Pro and the XXbone and their cost, you're going to be waiting a long long time before something significantly more powerful comes along with a consumer friendly price. So I think incremental upgrades are the way to go for consoles. I think eventually they'll drop the numbers from Playstation and they might just add a model number to it like an Xperia smartphone.

So I think people will just continue to use the services they have and just buy new devices. Consoles are just going to be plug and play PCs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c746fddbe486
deactivated-5c746fddbe486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5c746fddbe486
Member since 2017 • 193 Posts

l always buy both but Xbox will always be my main system because they offer better multiplayer games, why would l pay for PSN when l have Xbox live

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

I will probably purchase one but it will be my #2 or #3 console as only a few of Sony games are worth a buy and the controller sucks.

DrSerigala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DrSerigala
Member since 2018 • 208 Posts

Already stuck on PC with hundred of library games. i will still buy next gen console if they have physical game option, if not, i'll just stick to PC

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

Nope. The only reason I have a PS4 is to be able to play the high quality games that I can't play anywhere else. If a system doesn't expand my potential library enough (more than a couple good games), then I don't buy it. Thus no Xbox One or PS4 Pro.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Probably. I already have a PC which makes the xbox pretty much a useless purchase for me and i have never cared for xbox exclusives other than halo 1-3. Playstation always has games i want to play though

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LoganX77
Member since 2017 • 1050 Posts

If backwards compatability isnt in the PS5 then there is no ecosystem.

Medicinal420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Medicinal420
Member since 2018 • 30 Posts

@npiet1 said:

so whats all the ps fanboys going to do when they cant transfer their digital ps4 library to the ps5?

They'll be able to. Insiders are already saying the PS5 will be backwards compatible and it'll actually improve the performance of PS4 games.

The only Sony console to not launch with BC was the PS4 and it's a special case with PS3's cell and having no pressure from the competition as the Xbox One did not launch with it either. It'll be a different story next gen as expectations are completely different.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#31 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69407 Posts

LOL. "I am sticking to the PS because my PS4 library is too big"

The same monkeys were the ones saying "Who buys a new system to play old games. LMAO."

Fanboys are lovely.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

PlayStation for life bro. Own all of them.

Xbox One is my last Xbox. Done with them.

Nintendo is dead to me.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44129 Posts

I typically own all the consoles per gen plus I keep my previous systems and games which I get on physical format whenever possible so changing which ever my main platform is during any given generation isn’t really an issue for me. Currently Xbox is my main platform but I see what happens when the next gen launches before deciding what my main platform will be then. That can also change any time during a generation as well depending on how things are going. I prefer to remain flexible.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LuxuryHeart  Online
Member since 2017 • 1852 Posts

It depends. If Sony fucks up and has zero games, then I'll just stick to Nintendo to be honest. Though if it's just a high price, then my brother will buy it anyway, and I'll just enjoy the console. I love Sony exclusives. Not as much as Nintendo exclusives, but I do enjoy them.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@Pedro said:

The same monkeys were the ones saying "Who buys a new system to play old games. LMAO."

Fanboys are lovely.

The things is the PS5 is guaranteed to get new games. Sony doesn’t screw up when it comes to delivering new games. The FlopBoneX has no games and MS is concentrating on doing BC instead of delivering new games, and it’s why people say stuff like that.

BC is a nice feature to have but not at the expense of new games. No one gives the Xbone shit because of BC, people bash it because it lack quality new exclusives. Of course I don’t expect you to understand anything I’m saying, you’re a rabid lem afterall. Keep damage controlling like a clown.

Paradocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Paradocs
Member since 2015 • 264 Posts

Sounds like overwhelmingly dense brand loyalty. lol

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LuxuryHeart  Online

@paradocs said:

Well... I mean if you earn it, then yeah I'm loyal. I'm loyal to Sony and Nintendo because they deliver great games every gen. I bought every Nintendo console since the N64, and every Playstation since the PS2.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

If Sony messes up with Playstation 5, I'm not getting a PS5.

The only thing Sony has running for them now a days is their first party studios and games. Everything else is mediocre or sub par to the alternative.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

All consoles going should natively out of the box offer full backward compatibility with this gen. The only reason they wouldn't is fuckyou basically. It's not like the hardware in any of the current console is bespoke or unique.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@ProtossRushX: Sony really can't mess up in the games department unless they close their studios. You are guaranteed to get titles from Naughty Dog, Media Molecule, Sony Santa Monica, Sony Bend, GG, Sony San Diego, Sucker Punch, Polyphony Digital, and Japan Studio. You are also guaranteed to get new IPs as well as games in existing franchises as majority of these studios have multiple franchises under their roofs.

Compared to Xbox where the only working studios they have are 343i (so far exclusively for Halo), The Coalition (so far exclusively for Gears of War), Turn 10 Studios, Playground Games and Rare (who knows what the future holds for Rare).

Unless Sony charges $800 for PS4 and $200 to play online I don't see anything negative happening to the PS brand anytime soon

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#41  Edited By Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

I dunno right now. I always got the Playstation each gen because they get japanease game unlike Xbox.

But the PS3/360 gen was garbage and this one is like more garbage even though I played 3 gems on the PS4 ... it is pretty much it.

I got a Switch and I hope it just get better because right now. That thing. Is fucking great. With game that you know ... you can unlock shit instead of unlocking an useless trophy.

Paradocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Paradocs
Member since 2015 • 264 Posts

@luxuryheart said:
@paradocs said:

Well... I mean if you earn it, then yeah I'm loyal. I'm loyal to Sony and Nintendo because they deliver great games every gen. I bought every Nintendo console since the N64, and every Playstation since the PS2.

I guess, but OP said "I'll stay even if Sony messes up big" and messing up big doesn't sound too deserving lol

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I wouldn't say "no matter what", but I assume the PS5 will be my next system purchase. If Sony pulls a 2005 PS3 overpriced announcement or a 2013 X1 anti-consumer war drum, then no. I'll probably wait until they pull their hypothetical heads from their asses.

I don't see either of those happening though.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

The only people who stick with a company “no matter what” are lems. I will go with whoever makes the best games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

Seeing as I stick with Sony every gen and they never steer me wrong.....you bet.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

Ha, no.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@Pedro said:

Fanboys are lovely.

Lmao... sums up cow logic in a nutshell.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LuxuryHeart  Online

@paradocs said:
@luxuryheart said:
@paradocs said:

I guess, but OP said "I'll stay even if Sony messes up big" and messing up big doesn't sound too deserving lol

Depends on what messing up is. If they mean release a console that's priced high, then I'll still buy it. Though if they mean no exclusive games, then I'm done.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I won't stick with any brand "no matter what". In fact, I'll happily skip a generation if the product's not for me

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@quadknight said:

But Xbox already has BC and has allowed you to transfer games you already owned without buying them again.

Sony has not.