Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

LA noire is a masterpiece and one of the most underrated games ever. The open world 1940's Los Angeles was beautifully realized, the characters were great, and the game was very creepy at times because of the great soundtrack. If Rockstar were to develop a sequel in house (since team bondi folded) i'm sure they could expand and improve the interrogation system as well. What say you system wars?

Avatar image for rosinmonkekyx17
rosinmonkekyx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 rosinmonkekyx17
Member since 2015 • 3019 Posts

That game was amazing

I'm still sad about the ending though :/

They should make the setting Chicago or New York, it would make excellent stories :P

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

@rosinmonkekyx17: agreed the ending could've been better tbh

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

I wish Whore of the Orient wasn't in development hell. Could've been an amazing spiritual successor to L.A. Noire, but yeah, I'd like an L.A. Noire sequel.

rosinmonkekyx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rosinmonkekyx17

@elpresador-911: It was still a sad ending

A little anti-climatic

There are rumors that Cole didn't die in the flood though, highly doubt it, would be nice to see his child or just a new character start a new adventure somewhere.

Only thing I would actually want in the potential sequels would be old detectives like Rusty :P

They're too damn funny lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Nah, it was thoroughly mediocre and I hated it.

rosinmonkekyx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rosinmonkekyx17

@charizard1605 said:

Whaaaaa

Why?

I mean, the story was pretty good, it had nice investigating aspects to it, it was truly a unique game

I don't see many games out there that feature cops as the protagonist, at least games made by big companies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@rosinmonkekyx17 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Whaaaaa

Why?

I mean, the story was pretty good, it had nice investigating aspects to it, it was truly a unique game

I don't see many games out there that feature cops as the protagonist, at least games made by big companies

It just got very boring, very fast, the open world structure was at odds with how the game was meant to be played, and the technology wasn't good enough for the game to achieve what it was trying to achieve without getting into uncanny valley territory.

rosinmonkekyx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rosinmonkekyx17

@charizard1605 said:
@rosinmonkekyx17 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Whaaaaa

Why?

It just got very boring, very fast, the open world structure was at odds with how the game was meant to be played, and the technology wasn't good enough for the game to achieve what it was trying to achieve without getting into uncanny valley territory.

I agree it got boring, all the dispatch calls where pretty much the same

No matter how high priority the call was, it was always just your car showing up. Would've made it interesting if they added more diverse calls :/

The game was basically play it once and that was it, but IMO it had a good storyline and a good representation of the time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@rosinmonkekyx17: It certainly was pretty authentic, that's for sure.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Unique game, but horrible execution all the way through, plot included (ugh, video game stories). I would just like a new ip, as this medium has more than enough sequels, that said I wouldn't mind someone taking another crack at the core principles of that game. There is probably something bitchin to be made out of it, drop the ghetto action game, because no one that played LA Noire really wanted to shoot shit. Make the actual investigations more interesting to play, and don't make them devoid of any tension or impunity the way LA Noire did.

Keep hiring people who worked on Mad Men.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24847 Posts

No thanks. it was not even a game at all

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45993 Posts

@jasonofa36 said:

I wish Whore of the Orient wasn't in development hell. Could've been an amazing spiritual successor to L.A. Noire, but yeah, I'd like an L.A. Noire sequel.

I think LA Noire was in development hell before Rockstar stepped in. And even then it took such a long while to make.

I'd really like an LA Noire sequel too. I loved the investigating and questioning. But the shooting and driving and even side stuff needed a lot of work. The city was huge and detailed, but it didn't feel alive.

LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts

I love film noir so I'm a big fan of the game based on pure style and atmosphere alone, but I'll admit it had a lot of problems. The open world was pointless and boring, the shooting was trash, the story didn't go anywhere interesting, and the investigations had no real consequences. You could completely fail an investigation and the chief would get all on your case, but then at the beginning of the next one he was hailing you as the greatest detective ever. And while I thought the interrogations were a great idea in theory, too often you had no idea if your dialogue choice would come out the way you intended, leading to awkward or nonsensical conversations. So even though I do like the game, I wouldn't like to see a direct sequel, but some sort of successor that takes the spirit of the game but actually executes it properly.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22368 Posts

Definitely! Would love another.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

L.A. Noire is the best mystery/detective game ever created imo, though I can't say that I played every one of them on the market. I still have a few missions to complete actually. For various reasons didn't finish the game 100% and I'm planning of revisiting it soon.

But yeah I would buy a sequel to that game day 1, no questions asked.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Completely agree, never understood the love people had for this game. Each to their own I guess.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#19 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58643 Posts

Interesting but kinda boring game. Not fussed.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

I really enjoyed it. I'd like a sequel. My only complaints was the side missions were all the same, just recycled. And sometimes it was impossible to tell if someone was lying or truthful because the technology wasn't up to par. Still a great detective, mystery game. They recreated 1940's L.A beautifully.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Loved the first one as it was a radically new game, definitely not without its flaws but i had a knack for the investigations, they did a pretty good job with the facial animations as well which helped the game alot.

So yeah i'm in for a sequel!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

Team Bondi is gone (some people say they're alive like people say they've seen Elvis or Tupac). But regardless they don't own the IP, Rockstar does.

The game had many flaws, it was needlessly open world. Game world was barren with things to do outside the main story like a proper sandbox; but so was GTA V, so no luck counting on Rockstar to fix that problem. I also felt that the facial animations weren't that evolved to do what they wanted it, so players can read the micro-expressions during interrogation. It could have been accomplished with standard animations, character gestures, body language, vocal performances. Not to say it wasn't a nice addition, just felt unnecessary considering how it bogged down the developers.

Still, great story for what was there, great gameplay. Art design was excellent. Overall a very enjoyable game.

Anyhow, they're strategy isn't to make games anymore, not like they use to, they want games that are not only the biggest sellers but have big vibrant online communities that buy microtransactions. That's been their bread and butter this gen. They've sustained just off a GTA V re-release. If any other property gives them same opportunities they I'd say the sandbox games like Red Dead might give them the best opportunity. Or this stands a good chance too, I guess. Surely Rockstar can do a better job this time around than Team Bondi did.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#23 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@rosinmonkekyx17: Agreed. NYC in the 40s? "There are 8 million stories in the naked city. This has been one of them"

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

It was a fantastic game up until the end of Homicide and then it kind of went a bit iffy, was still unique and interesting though. I'd like to see another one with a more focused story and dialogue options labelled correctly (no more shouting at people when I choose Doubt).

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts

I liked L.A.Noire a lot. Almost everything about it except the ending. Would definitely like a sequel, but I don't see it happening. A lot of people didn't like it. Though having Rockstar as a publisher and the info they initially provided about the game may have got some people to expect a GTA-like game, whereas the focus of the game was nothing of the sort.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#26  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

I would like to see another one, but it probably won't happen. I'm pretty sure the studio who did it went under making this game...

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 283

User Lists: 35

#27 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

Yes! I want a sequel deeply. I agree it's underrated, it was truly a great detective game, the ending shocked me & annoyed me.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

no.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#29 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14411 Posts

No, first game sucked. Cool city to drive around though.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@elpresador-911: No, not really. I never even beat the first game.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Ugh. That game was not a fun experience for me. The interrogations were a guessing game. The choices didn't often reflect the reaction you wanted. It mostly played itself while pretending to be an open world style game. It was OKAY. A nice experiment for those who could get something out of it. But no, don't bother with a sequel.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22544 Posts

@elpresador-911: good god... A masterpiece? With an all but vacant open world and an interrogation system that just wasn't very meaningfully in the end? No no no.... If anything LA noir us the example of a incredible ideas that were clearly limited because of a horrible development process.

I only want more LA noire if they can make it actually fun.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#33  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

It was so fucking boring to play and the MC didn't do anything for me.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

NOOOOOOOOO .....

although shooting are not primary, the system are bad. o only play it because of throphy and because it's so cheap (sales) on psn equal to price of a happy meal.

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

Yes please. I loved the original. It certainly had its flaws but I enjoyed the setting and investigations.

The game was horribly mismanaged by the higher ups at Team Bondi, namely Brendan McNamara, and probably wouldn't haven even been as good as it was without R* stepping in. R* does own the IP so if there is a sequel I'm sure they'll give the core mechanics and design of the game the TLC it deserves.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Would love one, enjoyed that game quite a bit.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

no, that game was horrible

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Interesting seeing the mixed feelings about the game here. I was so impressed with the game the time I was playing it, I honestly cannot recall major flaws with it. People are judging it as a game, as they should, but for me it was just the most realistic "Detective Simulator" I ever played. That's how I would describe it. I felt I was a Detective in that game.

Now I don't know if there was something better on PC, but I'm pretty sure I kept tabs on all the big players in that genre on consoles last gen, and nothing came close to L.A. Noire. I'm a huge fan of cop shows and "The Shield" is probably my favorite of them all. L.A. Noire delivered everything that should be in a Detective game, you had the investigation first(you could turn off the vibration if you wanted to). Loved how your partner would often chime in. Then , you had the interrogation which was awesome with the facial stuff going on, you felt you were in that interrogation room we see so often in those TV shows. That is where most of the interesting stuff happened in those shows.

Lastly, you often had a chase which once again, was well done imo with the music and all. I'm just not sure how this game will ever be surpassed to be honest, but I hope that does happen as that would be a game I would love to play. There are other things I enjoyed about the game, the look of it, the cars, the chatter and the Police station were well done. Anyways, it's been a while so I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff but just thinking about it makes me want to play it.