Anyone else more impressed with Microsoft than Sony lately?

• 74 results
arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I think the best exclusives this generation were God of War and Uncharted 4, but Sony has been dropping the ball towards the end of the generation and Microsoft has been picking up speed.

Starting with the PS4 Pro, Sony has started dropping the ball. The system isn't very well designed, gets so incredibly loud at times, has no UHD disc drive to play 4k movies and doesn't even play games at a native 4k, it upscales. Compare that to the Xbox One X which is easily the most impressive system I've ever owned. It was so powerful for a console, played games in native 4k, had a 4k UHD disc drive to play 4k movies, and it ran so cool and quietly.

Add on to that the incredible value of GamePass, the recent acquisition of Bethesda, and an Xbox Series X that looks less ugly than the PS5. I have a feeling that the Xbox Series X will perform better and have better cooling than the PS5.

I see history repeating itself here. It seems like Sony is doing the same thing they did with the PS3 after the success of the PS2. They aren't really trying very hard like when they banked on the success of the PS2 and just automatically assumed it would transfer over to the PS3. I see Xbox trying much harder and trying to be much more consumer friendly.

I've always preferred PlayStation over Xbox, but not gonna lie, I think Microsoft is trying a lot harder than Sony right now and they're kinda making Sony look cheap and lazy.

However, I will say that the Xbox Series S is probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen, and I don't like the D-Pad on Xbox controllers.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

Yep...

:P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69411 Posts

Nope!

I like their pro consumer approach (as of NOW) but I wouldn't say impressed. The latest news is more shocking than impressive.

The Series S is going to be an interesting case study to say the least.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44133 Posts

I don’t think that I’d say impressed necessarily but I certainly do appreciate a good number of things that they’ve been doing this gen.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

If Sony chose to be more consumer friendly and spend some money, they could deliver the death blow in the eyes of consumers, but they haven't done it. They're playing it safe, they're playing it cheap.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

They have their pros and cons. I like Game Pass a lot because it has all the newest titles and I can install and play them for the price of a single video game per year (well, the Price has gone up now). But I also like Sony's PS Now service where I can stream games with virtually no latency, giving me a pretty large library including exclusives on PS consoles I never had. For the price of one new game I have a year of that paid for. Now, if Sony could do something like Game Pass on PC where I can download and play Playstation stuff on my computer, or Microsofts cloud gaming was on PC and not just shitty mobile devices at the moment, then that'd be great. But as it stands, they each have something that I like.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

I'm impressed they spent so much money and halo looked like shit.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I feel Sony has done a really good job wrapping up PS4's final year of being the primary focus. Glad to see them continue support for those not yet able or willing to make the leap to PS5 given every Playstation has had a 10 year minimum lifespan with the exception of Vita. God what a shit stain that handheld was.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

Jim Ryan needs to stop lyin' first of all. And maybe he'll gain more of my trust. And, yes that first sentence was meant to rhyme. MS is going to do what they always do and throw around money to even the playing field. Xbox is working on the content, it's just still far out.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I'm not even slightly impressed with either of them right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faad23a34ab6
deactivated-5faad23a34ab6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 deactivated-5faad23a34ab6
Member since 2020 • 40 Posts

I was casually reading this and I wasn't ready for the megatone that microsoft brought Bethesda. Almost spilled my water. I hope the elder scroll isn't going to be exclusive.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7145 Posts

@arkephonic said:

I think the best exclusives this generation were God of War and Uncharted 4, but Sony has been dropping the ball towards the end of the generation and Microsoft has been picking up speed.

Starting with the PS4 Pro, Sony has started dropping the ball. The system isn't very well designed, gets so incredibly loud at times, has no UHD disc drive to play 4k movies and doesn't even play games at a native 4k, it upscales. Compare that to the Xbox One X which is easily the most impressive system I've ever owned. It was so powerful for a console, played games in native 4k, had a 4k UHD disc drive to play 4k movies, and it ran so cool and quietly.

Add on to that the incredible value of GamePass, the recent acquisition of Bethesda, and an Xbox Series X that looks less ugly than the PS5. I have a feeling that the Xbox Series X will perform better and have better cooling than the PS5.

I see history repeating itself here. It seems like Sony is doing the same thing they did with the PS3 after the success of the PS2. They aren't really trying very hard like when they banked on the success of the PS2 and just automatically assumed it would transfer over to the PS3. I see Xbox trying much harder and trying to be much more consumer friendly.

I've always preferred PlayStation over Xbox, but not gonna lie, I think Microsoft is trying a lot harder than Sony right now and they're kinda making Sony look cheap and lazy.

However, I will say that the Xbox Series S is probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen, and I don't like the D-Pad on Xbox controllers.

funny how sony has more first party launch game.

series x has gear tatic out on pc know as there only first party launch game.

while sony has demon souls and miles.

no first party games for series x only until 2022.

one 4 teraflop machine and the other 12?

while sony both consoles play the same and same power.

more first party games in 2021

god of war

hzd2

miles

astrobots (free game for once that comes with a game.)

ratchet and clank

and more

20 free ps plus games at launch as well.

series x has same gamepass games you can play know on xbox one.

not one game shown on the series x when showing the games.

sony is so far ahead of them for next gen.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44553 Posts

Curious if any exclusivity compensation needed to be returned to Sony prior to this deal, if MS now needs to pay it back themselves, or if Sony has to first request it back but weigh exposing their exclusivity arrangements and NDA habits to public.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PC_Rocks  Online
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

Uncharted 4 the best exclusive...

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

I will get ps5 eventually

However, my unconditional support for Sony will stop

MS is doing way way better and Sony will lose most of its ground this gen

Sony needs some spanking!

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#17 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I absolutely love MS for putting all their first party games on PC day 1, and on a really great value subscription service that is also available for PC (as someone who generally doesn't like subscription services).

however, their first party output was definitely underwhelming this gen outside of a handful of games. Sony mopped the floor with them in that regard.

If they can put out some more top tier quality games this gen (which it seems like they are poised to do) then I'll definitely be impressed.

still planning on a PS5/PC combo for the gen

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pedro

@gifford38: That is some weak damage control.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6847 Posts

@arkephonic said:

You see history repeating itself. That history includes Sony releasing quality 1st party, exclusive games with very little offered by Microsoft. Very impressive, indeed.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@arkephonic: Yes. I recently wrote that I see little reason to get an xsx at launch and no reason to get a ps5.....that changed with the EAplay and Bethesda announcements.

Gamepass was already unbelievable value, and it just got better....35 bucks a month gets me the most powerful console out there, online play, free games, gamepass on Xbox, EAplay, gamepass on pc and xcloud.

That's unbelievable value, and it makes no sense to get a weaker, bigger, more expensive (outside US) ps5 in the hope that you will like the handful of exclusive games they produce at some point in the future.

Bravo Ms.....(if it goes through).....and your move Sony.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gifford38

@Pedro said:

no its not. xbox is not ready for next gen when it comes to games. digital guys get the same experience as the 499 system.

sony even has charging stations ready as well as camera and headset that match the system.

they even have launch games and big hitters coming in 2021.

xbox is more focus on gamepass not next gen and its obvious. 99% games shown from xbox was running on pc not the new system there selling.

having a game that is on pc already as a launch game.

even though miles and hzd2 are cross gen games there still ps5 games coming at launch.

astobot and demon souls ps5 only games. and few more coming in 2021 like ratchet and clank and grand 7.

these are facts not damage controlling.

facts are

sony has the better option if you want to go all digital.

better launch line up of games even if some (not all) are cross gen games.

sony just seems to be more ready for next gen than xbox.

when comes to xbox next gen games start in 2022 not in 2020 or 2021.

xbox is more worried about you playing on your phone than the series x. they want more gamepass subs.

were sony is all about the ps5 and next gen and at the same time still support there ps4. were xbox is all about gamepass only.

so tell what damage am i looking for? what has sony done that i need to damage control anything?

they have the games I want and new features i am looking forward to.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sealionact

@gifford38: Thank you for holding your head up high saying "I don't care about all the recent bad news for Cow fanbois, I still love Sony."

It must have broken your heart to read about Miles Morales coming to PS4 after you assured me that it could only run on ps5, and shocked you that it was indeed playable on PS4.

That SSD powah that processed graphics and made up for having a weaker console? Not needed....

Remember when you said Hzd "2" was obviously next gen, and impossible to port to PS4? It's on PS4.

Anyway, you picked a good day to pop back in...I believe there's some news worth reading up on.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

No ms is still focused on gamepass subscribers and not quality games their best console and most underrated is the original Xbox

Sad thing is all people do is talk about the gamepass and not the actual console it self

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Yep, I'm impressed on how much they f uped this whole gen and how they dropped the ball on Halo INF. I don't think no other game company could come close .

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gifford38

@sealionact said:

@gifford38: Thank you for holding your head up high saying "I don't care about all the recent bad news for Cow fanbois, I still love Sony."

It must have broken your heart to read about Miles Morales coming to PS4 after you assured me that it could only run on ps5, and shocked you that it was indeed playable on PS4.

That SSD powah that processed graphics and made up for having a weaker console? Not needed....

Remember when you said Hzd "2" was obviously next gen, and impossible to port to PS4? It's on PS4.

Anyway, you picked a good day to pop back in...I believe there's some news worth reading up on.

so what if sony had a slower ssd with the same specs? you think they lowered the gpu and cpu because of the ssd? you think sony knows how powerful the series x was going to be?

you think they sat there and said lets have a faster ssd over series x and we will lower our cu and gpu?

sony planned on the ssd and the specs of the ps5. that was there target to start with. they didn't sacrifice gpu or cpu to have a better ssd. thats just dumb to say.

developer asked to ssd.

sony came up with there ssd and xbox came up with there ssd.

they don't sit there comparing consoles specs when making these machines. so sony spent more on there ssd to beat them load speeds. thats so dumb to say.

hzd2 yes i was mad at first but its not going to stop me from playing it. you make it seem they cancelled the game. its still a game that will be on the ps5.

miles same thing. its still a game you can't play on xbox. its still going to be there at launch.

bad news would be miles and hzd2 cancelled forever.

these games are still going to be worth playing no matter if cross gen or not.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gifford38
@daredevils2k said:

Yep, I'm impressed on how much they f uped this whole gen and how they dropped the ball on Halo INF. I don't think no other game company could come close .

on top of spending how many millions to 343? there only first party launch game is gear tactics that is out already.

but yet ps5 screwed up for having miles and demon souls at launch from there first party.

20 free ps plus games to download at launch

a free game that comes with every console (astrobots)

new god of war, hzd2, demon souls, ratchet and clank, returnal, miles, destruction all stars, sackboy, and more in the same year its out is now a screw up to i guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

Wow! @gifford38, that is some of the weakest crap I've ever read. You should silently bow out now before it gets worse.

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 733 Posts

I've pre-ordered my PS5 and will have zero regrets. Sony is a brand that I trust. Last generation, Sony proved itself committed to making great games. Super excited to see what they will bring to the future of gaming.

Over the last four or five years I've drifted away from Microsoft. I still have an Xbox One S (which I upgraded from the original) And if I'm being honest, I had no intention of getting another XBox next gen. I figured that between my PS5 and Switch, I was set.

And then Microsoft started doing some things right. Several things right. And this was a huge move. Yesterday I was a no. Heck, I've been a hard no on XBox for the last several years. It's a console I viewed as having a lot of flash but no substance. But, today, for the first time in ages, I'm second guessing that. I might not pre-order tomorrow, but considering the financing option, Game Pass, and this epic move I think I'll definitely pick one up.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18796 Posts

@pc_rocks: " Uncharted 4 the best exclusive..."

UC4 bored the hell outa me. =(

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pedro

@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:

no its not. xbox is not ready for next gen when it comes to games. digital guys get the same experience as the 499 system.

sony even has charging stations ready as well as camera and headset that match the system.

they even have launch games and big hitters coming in 2021.

xbox is more focus on gamepass not next gen and its obvious. 99% games shown from xbox was running on pc not the new system there selling.

having a game that is on pc already as a launch game.

even though miles and hzd2 are cross gen games there still ps5 games coming at launch.

astobot and demon souls ps5 only games. and few more coming in 2021 like ratchet and clank and grand 7.

these are facts not damage controlling.

facts are

sony has the better option if you want to go all digital.

better launch line up of games even if some (not all) are cross gen games.

sony just seems to be more ready for next gen than xbox.

when comes to xbox next gen games start in 2022 not in 2020 or 2021.

xbox is more worried about you playing on your phone than the series x. they want more gamepass subs.

were sony is all about the ps5 and next gen and at the same time still support there ps4. were xbox is all about gamepass only.

so tell what damage am i looking for? what has sony done that i need to damage control anything?

they have the games I want and new features i am looking forward to.

I see that this news is wrecking you and you are grasping at straws hoping for something to stick.

Your facts are, well not facts. Right now you are just trying to keep your head above water with the latest news and all of the other positives that are coming out for the Xbox.

The no games argument has no merit.

Xbox digital library is extensive and some the games are even shared with PC as in one purchase and two platforms to game one.

Gamepass has no competition. While you are paying full price to play a 20-50 hours game, Gamepass users are paying $15.

Sony lied to you all about with "we believe in generations" only to up end you with multi-platform games that you and several others foolishly believed were not possible on the PS4 cause teh SSD.

They botched the pre-ordering of the PS5 and now MS drops this news 24 hours prior to pre-orders.

So, save me on the Xbox isn't prepared for next gen spiel but Sony is.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sealionact

@gifford38: The whole point was you were telling me that generational gaming is the obvious way to go....that xsx games would be held back but ps5 games wouldn't because those games are SO obviously not possible on PS4.

Still feel the same way?

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

What? No. The only thing they got right this gen was Game Pass, at the moment I have no reasons to upgrade my Xbonex.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Nintendo has more support that i cant find on playstation and I dont have a switch. It will take more than Bethesda support to make me consider gettting an Xbox.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

They have been more impressive than sony to be honest. They just needed games to come through. The potential for that is huge now. They have diffidently flexed there cash muscle. Don't blink and they will buy nintendo very soon lol.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

I wouldn't say PlayStation isn't trying very hard; they're very much ramping up 1st party / exclusive content.

It just looks small when compared to dropping billions on buying out an entire publisher and, bank rolling Gamepass games.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

Buncha studios and still no games - so nah

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:

I see that this news is wrecking you and you are grasping at straws hoping for something to stick.

Your facts are, well not facts. Right now you are just trying to keep your head above water with the latest news and all of the other positives that are coming out for the Xbox.

The no games argument has no merit.

Xbox digital library is extensive and some the games are even shared with PC as in one purchase and two platforms to game one.

Gamepass has no competition. While you are paying full price to play a 20-50 hours game, Gamepass users are paying $15.

Sony lied to you all about with "we believe in generations" only to up end you with multi-platform games that you and several others foolishly believed were not possible on the PS4 cause teh SSD.

They botched the pre-ordering of the PS5 and now MS drops this news 24 hours prior to pre-orders.

So, save me on the Xbox isn't prepared for next gen spiel but Sony is.

no i was right about the ssd that is why you don't see ratchet and clank for ps4. i never said miles or hzd2 when it comes to the ssd. all i said was less copies of assets. I talked about next gen features which i already admitted I was wrong about miles and hzd2.

so tell me what third party cross plat form game is on gamepass day one?

cyber punk?

is the new call of duty?

how about dirt 5?

ass creed val?

these are there big third party games around launch day.

fact is if people want to play next gen cross platform third party games they need to buy them.

i said xbox is not ready for next gen when it comes to first party games not the console.

so tell me what gamepass games do you get day one from third party or first party? other than gears tactics that is already out for pc?

fact is miles even on ps4 will still sell the ps5.

Im not grasping for straws. sony has so many games coming in 2021. god of war is huge. hzd 2 is huge for both ps5 and ps4. was i upset about this news i already said yes. but I still want the game for the ps5.

so sony alreadys owns 2020 and 2021. if not tell me what games will beats these games in the series x line up in 2020 and 2021 or even xbox one cross gen games?

on top of getting 18 games for free if you have ps plus on top of atrobots playroom.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50550 Posts

I'll wait for judgement on impressive or not when the new machines are out. Other than that, spending money buying studios does not impress me.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gifford38
@sleepnsurf said:

Wow! @gifford38, that is some of the weakest crap I've ever read. You should silently bow out now before it gets worse.

really ok have fun playing gears tactics and tetris affect on gamepass day one. unless you buy third party cross gen games that are not on gamepass day one.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38801 Posts

Ever since their first XSX show, it felt like MS began slacking. But with the Bethesda news, i guess they aren't playing games. I can also see that @gifford38 is melting as much as Tormentos, which is real something.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gifford38
@sealionact said:

@gifford38: The whole point was you were telling me that generational gaming is the obvious way to go....that xsx games would be held back but ps5 games wouldn't because those games are SO obviously not possible on PS4.

Still feel the same way?

yes i was wrong about miles and hzd2. i already admitted I was a dumbass for saying these things.

fact is ratchet and clank and demon souls are not ps4 games.

even if miles and hzd2 are cross gen games they will still sell ps5 consoles. even if they can be played on the ps4. plus god of war is coming in 2021 as well. just showing god of war title teaser sold consoles this last show.

I don't see gears tactics and tetris effect day one gamepass games selling consoles.

please tell me im missing a game. I'm I wrong about this? I could be wrong but thats all i see that is day one gamepass games at launch.

all the big third party games like ass creed, call of duty, or cyberpunk you need to buy.

i can see if cyberpunk or call of duty are day one gamepass games.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gifford38

@hardwenzen said:

Ever since their first XSX show, it felt like MS began slacking. But with the Bethesda news, i guess they aren't playing games. I can also see that @gifford38 is melting as much as Tormentos, which is real something.

for one im not having a melt down over this. im sure next elder scrolls will be on ps5 as well.

the only thing i seeing good for xbox is the next one will be on gamepass day one while making ps5 owners buy it.

if not I will play it when I get the series x for fable.

I'm happy about the series x but im not buying it until those first party games comes.

only one game I see in the future that I want is coming in 2021 which is gunk.

fable and avowed are the other ones but it looks like 2022 release.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@hardwenzen said:

for one im not having a melt down over this. im sure next elder scrolls will be on ps5 as well.

the only thing i seeing good for xbox is the next one will be on gamepass day one while making ps5 owners buy it.

if not I will play it when I get the series x for fable.

I'm happy about the series x but im not buying it until those first party games comes.

only one game I see in the future that I want is coming in 2021 which is gunk.

fable and avowed are the other ones but it looks like 2022 release.

Nope.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#44 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

@arkephonic said:

How can anyone say Sony has been slacking towards the end of the gen? We just got The Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima released. Both are fantastic games to end the gen with.

And PS5 launches with Demon's Souls, Spiderman, and Rachet and Clank soon after. What games has MS released recently?

Good lord, I wish lemmings would stop fawning over GamePass....it's a service with old games

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gifford38

@Star67 said:
@arkephonic said:

How can anyone say Sony has been slacking towards the end of the gen? We just got The Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima released. Both are fantastic games to end the gen with.

And PS5 launches with Demon's Souls, Spiderman, and Rachet and Clank soon after. What games has MS released recently?

Good lord, I wish lemmings would stop fawning over GamePass....it's a service with old games

plus hzd2 and miles is a ps4 game as well. so again they are not slacking when it comes to games.

but series x has gears tactics and tetris affect day one is not slacking? what elsedid they bring this year other than grounded?

fact is xbox like to play teraflops more than games this year or the next.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@Star67 said:

Easy, they've been touting those PS4 games you mentioned for years now without releasing much else, at least from Sony. Remember last year's E3? Or the one before that where they showcased all of like four games.

Sony has been on cruise control for the last four years of PS4.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sealionact

@gifford38: Up until now, there was one reason for buying a PS console....first party content.

That changed today.

Ms has by far the bigger first party output, and Sony are resorting to giving old ps4 games away on ps5, while Ms have bought another 5 studios which produce some of the best and biggest names in gaming....

Both consoles have poor launch titles....a remake of a PS3 game, a remaster of a PS4 game with an expansion bolted on and a joystick demo built are hardly a great list of games, and there's far more actual next gen games upcoming on xsx than ps5.

I was thinking about a digital ps5 at some point, but theres very little on the horizon that excites me.... tomorrow at 9.00 local, I'll commit to paying 35 bucks a month which will give me gamepass on console, EAplay, Xbox live, games with gold, gamepass on pc, xcloud, the new games acquired today....and the more powerful console.

Just cannot justify paying more money for a bigger, uglier, weaker console with hopefully 1 or 2 games a year I really want.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58299 Posts

Yes.

Microsoft is doing its own thing, and I appreciate that.

They've focused more on games and service, which is ultimately why we are all here. At the end of the day, hardware matters little.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

Uncharted 4 the best exclusive...

I think UC4 was the first game that literally put me to sleep playing it, no lie. Terrible pacing.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Nude_Dude
Member since 2007 • 5530 Posts

"Microsoft has no exclusives, not buying an xbox"

"Microsoft has all these exclusives, not buying an xbox"

Some things never change 🤡