Anyone else dissapointed by MW2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Panther501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Panther501
Member since 2007 • 1990 Posts

TBH i thought the gameplay felt to stale and too similar to that of COD4. I mean it kinda seemed like you were playing an expansion rather than a sequel. Who else agrees?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#2 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49605 Posts
I thought it looked very exciting and lots of fun.
OPuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 OPuniverse
Member since 2009 • 1943 Posts
no i thought it was amazing.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

I agree. I won't be getting it if the developer just wants to do a copy and paste job.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

It looked like what I was expecting: same ol, same ol...

gollum007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 gollum007
Member since 2005 • 765 Posts

yea a little bit, i expected a different intro music, slightly better graphics and a little change in gameplay, which there is but i really don't think they showed enough for me to really say much. The snowmobile chase was cool though and reminded me of the time you make a getaway in a jeep in CoD1 in the Ardennes.

mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts

it looks good, I believe we are in store for more because the snowmobile part was intense. But, once again, this another game that people hype up calling it "amazing" based off a trailer that showed THE KIND OF GAMEPLAY FOR THE MOST PART. That gameplay I definitely wouldn't call AMAZING, but you can be assured that the campaign is going in the right direction towards greatness.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

TBH i thought the gameplay felt to stale and too similar to that of COD4. I mean it kinda seemed like you were playing an expansion rather than a sequel. Who else agrees?

Panther501

That's a GOOD thing. You don't touch the gameplay of a COD game, ever. It is down to a science.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Didn't bring anything new. Same old shoot the guns and the peoples fall down. Not that it'll be bad, of course.
Love_my_PS360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Love_my_PS360
Member since 2009 • 337 Posts

TBH i thought the gameplay felt to stale and too similar to that of COD4.

Panther501

is that such a bad thing? CoD4 RULES!

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
I don't like FPS, but I thought that trailer was pretty cool. Seemed like it'd make a great Commando style action movie. I thought the graphics would be better for some reason though.
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

You should at least wait for a preview of the game before judging it.

millwrought

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 millwrought
Member since 2008 • 2032 Posts

Looks great...What I was expecting :P

I'm more pumped for Splinter Cell and ODST though :P

Panther501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Panther501
Member since 2007 • 1990 Posts

I understand what you people are saying by its good thats its similar. Maybe its just me but I'm finding COD4 a little boring because I've played it so much.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

I thought it was incredible.

mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts

Why? Havne't you played CoD4 before?

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Didn't bring anything new. Same old shoot the guns and the peoples fall down. Not that it'll be bad, of course.OreoMilkshake

This is a FPS...that's generally what goes on. :|

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

Looked on par to what a COD game should look like. Now for the real shocker!!! More then one DL map pack OMG!!! Forget it being time exclusive I really don't care. But maybe just maybe IW feels embarrassed for only one delivering one DL map pack. I mean come on lowly Teryarch the one's who couldn't even fill IW's jock strap has released more DL content the the mighty IW.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#19 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Kind of, it definitely was far from the best thing about E3.

And I wish the video was shorter to, which could had given Microsoft time to announce another exclusive.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]Didn't bring anything new. Same old shoot the guns and the peoples fall down. Not that it'll be bad, of course.Pirate700

This is a FPS...that's generally what goes on. :|

I was sarcastic.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
I pretty much agree with what David Jaffe said, it looked more like James Bond than anything.
spencer_119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 spencer_119
Member since 2004 • 1027 Posts

im still getting this game

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#23 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

Panther501

Cause you played it

munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
As someone who wasn't crazy about COD4, I find MW2 to be amazing.
santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

[QUOTE="Panther501"]

TBH i thought the gameplay felt to stale and too similar to that of COD4.

Love_my_PS360

is that such a bad thing? CoD4 RULES!

Exactly my thinking. They aren't gonna reinvent the wheel for a franchise selling like CoD. First time the sales underwhelm, THEN we'll see them going back to the drawing board. And from the pre order numbers, that's not gonna be soon.
Ambli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ambli
Member since 2009 • 554 Posts

The little screech when Infinity Wards name comeson still makes my hair stand up.

Yeah, I'm excited.

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts

i wasnt really disappointed, but i kinda expected more.

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
I always wondered why people complain about a sequel looking like the first one. The first one was great, people loved it, tons of people played online,first one did so well it warranted a sequel of the modern look and so now you expect them to change everything?
Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts
No, I'm rather looking forward to it actually...
Mr_Nordquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mr_Nordquist
Member since 2009 • 1777 Posts

Not buying it based on it being Activision publishing it actually. Only reason.

The_Brodeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 The_Brodeo
Member since 2009 • 804 Posts

Panther501

I am not dissapointed only because I went in expecting exactly what I saw.

XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts

I don't care how good the set pieces are if there are regenerating enemies there it is a no deal. Rent but sure as hell won't waste me money on that BS.

Despite that it did look pretty awesome and I am looking forward to it, but at the same time I will probably stick with KZ2 MP as its my fav. of this gen next to RSV2.

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 2beers_in_hand
[QUOTE="XturnalS"]

I don't care how good the set pieces are if there are regenerating enemies there it is a no deal. Rent but sure as hell won't waste me money on that BS.

Despite that it did look pretty awesome and I am looking forward to it, but at the same time I will probably stick with KZ2 MP as its my fav. of this gen next to RSV2.

*sigh* They say that they are trying to correct the regenerating enemies/ imaginary line problem that all CODs have a problem with but I guess we will have to wait and see. WaW on veteran rubbed me the wrong way because of that very problem as well as gernade spamming and the dumbest NPC teammates I have ever seen
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
To me, it looked just like Left 4 Dead 2 did in relation to Left 4 Dead 1. But yet look at all the hate there, so it doesn't make sense how the hate doesn't translate so well here. But clearly, there's a reason why... Just like all the other games getting hate, it's quite funny.
XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts

[QUOTE="XturnalS"]

2beers_in_hand

*sigh* They say that they are trying to correct the regenerating enemies/ imaginary line problem that all CODs have a problem with but I guess we will have to wait and see. WaW on veteran rubbed me the wrong way because of that very problem as well as gernade spamming and the dumbest NPC teammates I have ever seen

Oh god don't get me started on the nade spamming, that **** was so bad I rage quit numerous times because of all bad it got. (was able to get plat) but it wasn't enjoyable.

PS360_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PS360_Gamer
Member since 2009 • 770 Posts
i didnt play any of the call of duty games but this one looked really good to me....looks like an awesome story and i liked the radar on the gun cuz it sure beats a radar at the top of a screen
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 2beers_in_hand
[QUOTE="XturnalS"]

[QUOTE="2beers_in_hand"][QUOTE="XturnalS"]

Oh god don't get me started on the nade spamming, that **** was so bad I rage quit numerous times because of all bad it got. (was able to get plat) but it wasn't enjoyable.

LOL so true I wanted to toss my controller across the room.
Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#38 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

With CoD, the gameplay won't get any better or worse. I really can't see them fixing up stuff, otherwise it wouldn't be "Call of Duty" anymore, but only to take out bugs. In my mind, the gameplay is pretty flawless for what it sets out to be. It can't ever be realistic without breaking the formula, and it's hard to see it getting any more "arcadey".

My buddies, the week the gameplay trailer came out, were asking me if I saw it, and if I thought it was freakin' awesome. I told them it was okay. All CoD can do is make the games prettier and add new weapons and locations. They say Halo is repetitive, but all that changes in the CoDs are, really, the scripted events in each game. Not that that's bad, but from Call of Duty 2, the game hasn't changed much today. What with all the whining about 3 and 5, it looks like people hate the stuff Treyarch added, so what we're left with is the stuff we started with.

SU44IR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 SU44IR
Member since 2008 • 665 Posts
If its not broken, don't fix it. Just add to it.
PS360_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PS360_Gamer
Member since 2009 • 770 Posts
[QUOTE="Sharpie125"]

With CoD, the gameplay won't get any better or worse. I really can't see them fixing up stuff, otherwise it wouldn't be "Call of Duty" anymore, but only to take out bugs. In my mind, the gameplay is pretty flawless for what it sets out to be. It can't ever be realistic without breaking the formula, and it's hard to see it getting any more "arcadey".

My buddies, the week the gameplay trailer came out, were asking me if I saw it, and if I thought it was freakin' awesome. I told them it was okay. All CoD can do is make the games prettier and add new weapons and locations. They say Halo is repetitive, but all that changes in the CoDs are, really, the scripted events in each game. Not that that's bad, but from Call of Duty 2, the game hasn't changed much today. What with all the whining about 3 and 5, it looks like people hate the stuff Treyarch added, so what we're left with is the stuff we started with.

its actually not called call of duty anymore..lol