Anyone else a little disappointed in Bioware?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

neversummer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 neversummer75
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts

I dont own the game yet but will be picking it up tomorrow. I played it at my friends house today and even I noticed the glitches. sad to say, butat times the were pretty bad. The rest of the game is just amazing...just amazing. However, the graphical glitches IMO really bring the game down. I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm really disappointed in Bioware. What is it with them abd poor framerates and other graphical glitches? They just never seem to get it right with any of there games.

I dont know much about game designing so please,anyone smarter that me,know why they continue to struggle with these issues? I just dont get it. Bioware claimed that they spent the last few months so they could optimize the game. How did all these glithces make it into the game. Some review sites are saying this is the most glitched filled game they have ever reviewed. I'm just really disappointed in Bioware right now.

Xboxlive gamertag: Homer94

OremLK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 OremLK
Member since 2007 • 745 Posts

BioWare has always had glitches and bugs in their games; KotOR had just as many as Mass Effect, and look what it scored. The reason? They're massive RPGs. When you're going for 40+ hours of content compared to the ~10 you get in a shooter, it's much harder to polish things as well.

So I'm a little disappointed in GS.

halokillerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 halokillerz
Member since 2004 • 3406 Posts
like gamespot said, im surprised such a good game would have this much glitches/problem. still great though.
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts

Tycho of Penny Arcade said it best:

What I'm trying to say is that Mass Effect is a game from BioWare, which means that (like KOTOR) by the time you are done playing, you remember the emotional topography of the game much more than the technical one.Tycho

Harbadakus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Harbadakus
Member since 2005 • 5474 Posts

Maybe it's partially the fault of UE3, most devs seem to have problems with it. (except Epic)

neversummer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 neversummer75
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts

BioWare has always had glitches and bugs in their games; KotOR had just as many as Mass Effect, and look what it scored.

I'm a little disappointed in GS.

OremLK

Ok, I see you're point. However, is there a reason why Bioware almost always has these types of problem in there games? Do they not understand the hardware they are working with? Do they not have enough time to finish the game? What is it? Why do they continue to struggle with framerate problems?