KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

There is nothing to celebrate about. Only 1 interesting game shown... Ghost of whatever, which who knows if it will be good. They dont show any gameplay...

Which brings me to a very important point. No gameplay. Sony is making games too much like movies and its one of the reasons why im walking away from Sony. For me games are mostly about gameplay, challenge, fun... not watching cinematic or on rails gameplay. Look at Detroit Become Human... why do they even call it a game? Just watch a god damn movie! There is no challange in the game anyway, its all on rails.

TLoU Part II....... nice movie. Who can respect Naughty Dog nowadays anyway? Its run by a guy who admits he is a male femenist and is pushing it hard on his game! Thats why in UC4 you got Nadine who could beat the crap out of two guys like nothing. Thats why Lost Legacy has 2 female leads. Its why TLoU II has a woman built like a tank. ND have been accussed of sexual harassement recently. They are disgusting as a company and many like me stop with UC4. UC monkey climbing gameplay got boring!

Oh... how can i forget the Dad of War: The Movie. When i first saw this game long ago i couldnt believe it. The bad ass i used to know.. Kratos, the true God of War... is now babysitting the most annoying kid ever in gaming. And on top of that the gameplay is literally on rails now with a fixed camera behind Kratos back. Cringe game. Oh and movie game. Its way more CINEMATIC... yea....

Im not a fanboy of anyone. I got Xbox, PS4, 3DS, PC... i play whatever is good. Sony have always been my favorite but now... i rather go play Metroid on 3DS...

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Oh this is gonna be good, let me grab some snacks :)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#3 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Oh this is gonna be good, let me grab some snacks :)

LMAO yup.

I heard a person call out another when it comes to Ghosts of somewhere in Japan, but it applies to everyone. One guy said "that game doesn't interest me at all" and the reply was "how could it? They didn't show any gameplay at all". So it may be stupid to put the game down but its just as stupid to wet your pants get all hyped for it. We don't know anything in terms of actually playing it.

ND does what ND does. If you have a problem with a man supporting women then you got issues beyond a gaming forum's scope.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

To each their own. Everyone has different tastes. Some really like story-driven games like Detroit: Become Human and cinematic games like the new God of War.

I enjoyed the first Last of Us game so I'm looking forward to seeing more of the sequel.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56089 Posts

Whatever you say.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

New IP's shown and announced.... seems like a win to me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@scatteh316: I guess the problem OP is concerned with isn't about new IP's itself, rather the lack of gameplay in the trailers.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Hey at least Detroit knows what its going for and fully embraces the movie-like game mechanics.

Same can't be said for these cinematic "action" games.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By scatteh316

@jumpaction said:

@scatteh316: I guess the problem OP is concerned with isn't about new IP's itself, rather the lack of gameplay in the trailers.

Paris even has never really been a place to show game play for the first time though..... The upcoming PSX event is more then likely the place where we'll see game play.

But it served its purpose of showing people that they are investing in new IP's and not counting on 10 iterations of the same IP.

Some times IP's just have to die.......Can you imagine......

Uncharted 10: Drakes Walking stick

Or

Halo 15: Chief's batteries are on 1%

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@jumpaction said:

Not only that but all these games are "movie" games. It's funny how the cows say the PS4 has the most diversity when it comes to games, but that diversity isn't coming from Sony much, mainly from third party devs.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By scatteh316

@i_p_daily said:
@jumpaction said:

Not only that but all these games are "movie" games. It's funny how the cows say the PS4 has the most diversity when it comes to games, but that diversity isn't coming from Sony much, mainly from third party devs.

And yet these 'movie' games receive universal praise and out score pretty much everything Microsoft has to offer.

Funny that.....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@scatteh316: Right, I'm just saying that I think this is where the OP is coming from. They would rather just see the game than a cinematic trailer.

@i_p_daily: Well there are games outside of the ones Sony is publishing like Nioh for instance that are very much about gameplay.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@scatteh316 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@jumpaction said:

And yet these 'movie' games receive universal praise and out score pretty much everything Microsoft has to offer.

Funny that.....

Ah the old scores argument, so because what 50-100 people reviewed it then they must be great lol.

The only thing universal was the hate that on reviewer got for giving UC4 a 4/10, well universally from Sony fans that is.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 scatteh316

@i_p_daily said:
@scatteh316 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@jumpaction said:

Funny that.....

Ah the old scores argument, so because what 50-100 people reviewed it then they must be great lol.

The only thing universal was the hate that on reviewer got for giving UC4 a 4/10, well universally from Sony fans that is.

Ah the old 'scores don't matter' argument..... Enjoy your lack of new IP's and exclusives on your Xbox....

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24920 Posts

I agree 100 percent with OP. every sony game looks feminist movie. not a game. look at spiderman. aka QTE man.

TLOU 2 trailer looks so bad. its just a movie featuring all strong female cast.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@scatteh316 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@scatteh316 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@jumpaction said:

Funny that.....

Ah the old 'scores don't matter' argument..... Enjoy your lack of new IP's and exclusives on your Xbox....

Scores don't matter except when people want to use them for their confirmation bias. :P

Basically, it's fanboy stuff really...

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 scatteh316

@ghosts4ever said:

I agree 100 percent with OP. every sony game looks feminist movie. not a game. look at spiderman. aka QTE man.

That's funny as there's 3 males in it..... maybe try actually watching it next time...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@jumpaction: Yes but publishing someone elses game and having one of your dev teams creating a game from scratch is a totally different thing.

Just look at most of the big name games Sony's own big name devs are making and you will see a similar theme within these games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@i_p_daily: I think that's just Sony's creative direction. It's also not the case for all their titles. Games like Horizon Zero Dawn and MLB definitely look very gameplay driven to me.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 scatteh316

@jumpaction said:
@scatteh316 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@scatteh316 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Funny that.....

Scores don't matter except when people want to use them for their confirmation bias. :P

Scores do matter and it makes me laugh when people say they don't......

If scores never existed and were not used as a way to measure a games quality then all the trashy games would sell a lot more then they do.... But as people use review scores they avoid them.

They do serve a purpose and to deny that is silly.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@scatteh316 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@scatteh316 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@jumpaction said:

Funny that.....

Scores have never mattered to me as I started gaming when there was no such thing (well very sparsely) as game reviews, but hey you keep letting others tell you what's a good game, and I will play them and find out for myself.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@jumpaction said:

If scores never existed and were not used as a way to measure a games quality then all the trashy games would sell a lot more then they do.... But as people use review scores they avoid them.

But trashy games do sell more than they should. Even with the scores. And games with good scores fail sometimes. And games that shouldn't really get that good scores get good scores because fucking gaming journalism.

Numbers shouldn't mean more than it is. Because that's what number is. We give meanings to it based on social expectations, which are different for everybody and is not universally agreed upon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@jumpaction said:

@i_p_daily: I think that's just Sony's creative direction. It's also not the case for all their titles. Games like Horizon Zero Dawn and MLB definitely look very gameplay driven to me.

I didn't say they did it with all their games but they do with a lot of their games, and well if a sports game is not gameplay driven there's something seriously wrong lol.

HZD seems to be the exception to the rule.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 scatteh316

@i_p_daily said:
@scatteh316 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@scatteh316 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Funny that.....

Scores have never mattered to me as I started gaming when there was no such thing (well very sparsely) as game reviews, but hey you keep letting others tell you what's a good game, and I will play them and find out for myself.

And now making assumptions based on how I select games to play and own.......lmao........

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 scatteh316

@funsohng said:
@scatteh316 said:
@jumpaction said:

But trashy games do sell more than they should. Even with the scores. And games with good scores fail sometimes. And games that shouldn't really get that good scores get good scores because fucking gaming journalism.

Numbers shouldn't mean more than it is. Because that's what number is. We give meanings to it based on social expectations, which are different for everybody and is not universally agreed upon.

I miss the days when a vast percentage of games had a demo disk before release....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@scatteh316 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@scatteh316 said:
@i_p_daily said:

And now making assumptions based on how I select games to play and own.......lmao........

Well you are the one who started this whole scores conversation with me, so if the shoe fits :).

EDIT: also your last comment to jumpy says to me that you do judge games on scores and would buy based on these scores.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KillzoneSnake

@scatteh316: Maybe you should watch it again too. The male's are non important characters who don't even talk. They just there to get rekt. The women and the kid are the important.. yh a kid too lol

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 scatteh316

@KillzoneSnake said:

@scatteh316: Maybe you should watch it again too. The male's are non important characters who don't even talk. They just there to get rekt. The women and the kid are the important.. yh a kid too lol

Is the kid not a male? And you're also moving the goal posts to important characters now? Hahahahaha.....

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

@KillzoneSnake said:

There is nothing to celebrate about. Only 1 interesting game shown... Ghost of whatever, which who knows if it will be good. They dont show any gameplay...

Dunno if you know this but riding your horse across different places of the island IS gameplay

And they did show that.

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

All the games you mentioned look great to me and I'm no Sony fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@scatteh316: That's how it should be in theory but that's not the reality. Besides, what really is the difference between 8 and 9? At this point, when a game isn't technically flawed, it comes down to personal taste. Everyone seeks different experiences from their games. Some people love story-driven titles like Detroit, others aren't into it that much.

Scores aren't as informative as they should be; and really people should be reading the content of a review, not the score to get a good understanding of whether a game appeals to them.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 scatteh316

@jumpaction said:

@scatteh316: That's how it should be in theory but that's not the reality. Besides, what really is the difference between 8 and 9? At this point, when a game isn't technically flawed, it comes down to personal taste. Everyone seeks different experiences from their games. Some people love story-driven titles like Detroit, others aren't into it that much.

Scores aren't as informative as they should be; and really people should be reading the content of a review, not the score to get a good understanding of whether a game appeals to them.

For me games should be scored with multiple criteria:

1. Performance (Is the games performance acceptable or is the game unplayble)

2. Quality control (Does the game have a load of bugs and issues)

3. Features (How much content do you get for your money)

4. Gameplay (Hows the game itself)

5. Graphics and sound (Are they of a consistent quality)

That would tell me as a gamer what I need to know!

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@i_p_daily: if scores don't matter, why were you one of the few making a big deal about the review delay for GT Sport?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@scatteh316: Right, of course and generally you're going to get that information from reading the review, not seeing if a game gets 8/10. That score won't tell you all you need to know. :)

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Looks like more world class gaming is in the works. Par for the course for SONY.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KillzoneSnake

@scatteh316: yh the kid was a male but a kid. If he was 20 years old he would be dead by the muscle woman lol

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#39 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Zero_epyon said:

@i_p_daily: if scores don't matter, why were you one of the few making a big deal about the review delay for GT Sport?

Yes I said that it should have been reviewed when they were given the game by Sony, not make special allowances for some games, as all should be treated equal. But being a cow I guess that's hard to understand.

As for the actual score did I not explain it to you in that very thread on multiple occasions, go back and re-read it, and if you still don't understand then well i'm gonna go with the saying a lost cause :P

PS shouldn't you post in that thread and bring it back to page 1 as that 10 score should be close from Gamespot lol.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@i_p_daily: I'll update it when there's a review. But if scores don't matter, then reviews, which scores are based on, don't matter either. So then what was the concern with GT Sport's review delay? My point is, you obviously do care and you're only saying it doesn't just to be a troll.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Zero_epyon said:

@i_p_daily: I'll update it when there's a review. But if scores don't matter, then reviews, which scores are based on, don't matter either. So then what was the concern with GT Sport's review delay? My point is, you obviously do care and you're only saying it doesn't just to be a troll.

The review score I don't care one iota about, the special treatment on the other hand is bullshit. Once a game has been given to a reviewer it should be reviewed, not held back for weeks so more content/events can to be added, are you seriously having problems to the extent that you can't understand what i'm saying, as I've only said this same thing about 10 times now.

Got it, good now stop asking, and remember it's a big ol 10 or it's a flop :)

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

While I agree it looks like a SJW lib movie, I'm sure there will be an important male role.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 670 Posts

The thing about these movie games is that they are they are the biggest sellers so it is not a surprise that they are the ones that the publishers and console makers are pushing the hardest. Whilst people on here may be passionate about innovative games with decent gameplay - in their opinion - I can tell you that games like Uncharted will comfortably outsell them.

There is also a second fact that people like playing these types of games and they are far more likely to start their journey to becoming a gamer with these type of titles than an indie which has challenging gameplay.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#46 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

That Ghost of Sushi game looked interesting to me.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@jumpaction: Yes but publishing someone elses game and having one of your dev teams creating a game from scratch is a totally different thing.

Just look at most of the big name games Sony's own big name devs are making and you will see a similar theme within these games.

@jumpaction said:

GG- killzone, horizon zero dawn

santa monica- god of war

naughty dog- crash, jak, uncharted, tlou

sucker punch- sly cooper, infamous

insomniac- ratchet, resistance, spiderman

please tell me how there isnt gameplay in all of these series?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@jcrame10: I agree, though obviously not all these franchises are current but The Last of Us has definitely got great gameplay in my opinion, and I have heard very good things about the enemy encounters in Uncharted 4.

I do understand when people look at gameplay clips for upcoming titles like Spider-Man and God of War, that these games look a little more restrictive in terms of player expression. They look a little more linear in terms of mechanics and even in some cases level design too.

I think it's more accurate to say that their games are more balanced in terms of having a strong story-presence as well as gameplay. I think that's the direction they are going for.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@jumpaction said:

@jcrame10: I agree, though obviously not all these franchises are current but The Last of Us has definitely got great gameplay in my opinion, and I have heard very good things about the enemy encounters in Uncharted 4.

I do understand when people look at gameplay clips for upcoming titles like Spider-Man and God of War, that these games look a little more restrictive in terms of player expression. They look a little more linear in terms of mechanics and even in some cases level design too.

I think it's more accurate to say that their games are more balanced in terms of having a strong story-presence as well as gameplay. I think that's the direction they are going for.

dont forget the mp for uncharted/the last of us