Any reasons to skip Team Sonic Racing or Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled?

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 5

#1 MclarenMaster18
Member since 2014 • 1894 Posts

Dear gamers in System Wars.

For those who skipped Team Sonic Racing or Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled so can you answer for some particular reasons?

For me why I personally chose to boycott them both because for me don't like kart racers very much so that's why I would rather look forward to playing GRID 2019 and Need For Speed Heat.

Also, I would prefer to save money so I can play the 2 next-gen first-party sim racers: Forza Motorsport 8 (XB Scarlett) and Gran Turismo 7 (PS5).

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 3186 Posts

Well, if you don't like kart racers, then that would be a good reason to skip them.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MclarenMaster18

@judaspete: Another thing, kart racing fans would also personally wait for Mario Kart 9.

When I first watched Nintendo Switch first look trailer back in October 2016, in the scene of 2 guys inside their van playing Mario Kart 8 on Switch, I thought Nintendo was using as a tech demo while expecting they were going to release Mario Kart 9 instead.

In my opinion, Nintendo is the only good console brand for kart racers.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 232 Posts

Micro-transactions for Crash. Personally, I would have bought it near release otherwise. Can't say about Sonic though.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 21976 Posts

diffuclty of crash racing turned me off a bit. people said the AI was ridiculous. even worse than mario kart rubberbanding AI. also, i saw gameplay and it looked boring to me.

sonic? i played the prior one. racing transformed. the graphics were shite, the online was shite, the gameplay was shite. to me seems like a 10$ budget indie game.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 38660 Posts

Only if you hate kart racing games.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MclarenMaster18
@davillain- said:

Only if you hate kart racing games.

The only 2 racing game IPs with weapons that I really enjoy playing are Blur and Wipeout.

The reasons why I much more prefer Blur way over Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing because of gameplay, driving model, weapons/power-ups and having licensed high-performance cars such as Ford GT, Nissan Skyline GTR R34, Audi R8, BMW M3, etc.

Also I much more prefer Wipeout over Crash Team Racing because of gameplay, driving model and having Anti Gravity race crafts.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 3503 Posts

30fps in a Kart racer is one. The fuq?

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MclarenMaster18
@goldenelementxl said:

30fps in a Kart racer is one. The fuq?

Oh were you talking about Crash Team Racing?

I don't like that game at all because since I cannot enjoy kart racers plus I don't like anthropomorphic animals too.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MclarenMaster18
@KBFloYd said:

diffuclty of crash racing turned me off a bit. people said the AI was ridiculous. even worse than mario kart rubberbanding AI. also, i saw gameplay and it looked boring to me.

sonic? i played the prior one. racing transformed. the graphics were shite, the online was shite, the gameplay was shite. to me seems like a 10$ budget indie game.

I had a really rough time playing on Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed for Wii U so I sold it.

Also, I used to play Crash Team Racing on PS1 and I didn't like it at all.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MclarenMaster18
@blazepanzer24 said:

Micro-transactions for Crash. Personally, I would have bought it near release otherwise. Can't say about Sonic though.

I find microtransactions can be very pointless in games but all we can do generally is to avoid them.

I'd also boycotted Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled as I bought DiRT Rally 2.0 for Xbox One instead.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 28742 Posts

Team Sonic Racing looked ok but it didn’t seem as appealing to me as Sega All-Stars was of which I really enjoyed. I might still get Team Sonic Racing later on when it’s cheap but I just have other games that I’d rather get first.

I played Crash Team Racing back when it first came out and it was ok back then but it’s just not a game that I am itching to replay these days.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MclarenMaster18
@Archangel3371 said:

Team Sonic Racing looked ok but it didn’t seem as appealing to me as Sega All-Stars was of which I really enjoyed. I might still get Team Sonic Racing later on when it’s cheap but I just have other games that I’d rather get first.

I played Crash Team Racing back when it first came out and it was ok back then but it’s just not a game that I am itching to replay these days.

Yeah right that Team Sonic Racing ditched other Sega characters outside of Sonic franchise.

For Crash Team Racing, I personally don't like that game too because like I said that I don't like kart racers very much!

That's why if I see any kart racers releases onto PS5 and Xbox Scarlett, no matter if it's 1st or 3rd party then I will boycott them all! So that's why I would rather have sim racing and street racing games for Xbox, Playstation, and PC!