Any Long Time Nintendo Fans Getting Tired Of Being Under Powered?

• 88 results
-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

I'm talking console wise, compared to Sony and Microsoft. I guess you can include PC too. I've been a follower of Sony and Nintendo my whole life. Before Sony came into the picture, I followed Sega and Nintendo. After all these years, seeing how great games look and play, I can't help but feel like I'm getting tired of the poor ports we've been getting on the Switch. Ports like Saints Row 3, and some indie titles either play or look significantly worse on thr Switch than on Xbox or PS4. I love collecting Nintendo stuff, and their collector's edition of things are usually the best. But, lately, looking at some ports on my PS4 and comparing it to my Switch, I'm kind of tired of getting games that look worse or play worse for the system.

I get that Nintendo shines with their 1st party games. Some of their games have changed and done great things for the future of gaming, and they're still doing that to this very day. There is a reason why Nintendo still stands as strong as they do, and why their games get the praise that they do. Is that enough anymore compared to what other developers are doing for other systems?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 45035 Posts

No, not really. Would I like it if they had more powerful hardware? Sure, but I’m also pretty content with the power of the Switch.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 71222 Posts

Nintendo fans like paying more for less. Then you have a specific breed that complain about the other consoles being weak shit. LOL. Nintendo is not going to change because they have too many apologist in circulation.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

@Archangel3371: The Switch is great for the most part. I guess I've just been spoiled by the performance of my PS4 Pro and it's making it hard for me to want to keep playing on the Switch. I'm also comparing how crisp the games look on the PS4 Pro compared to my Switch. I'm comparing Persona 5 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. The comparison is night and day. TMS is such a great game but, it does not look good compared to P5 or even P4G on the Vita. It performs like a dream though. I haven't had any framerate issues from TMS, at all. The colors look incredibly washed out to it's big siblings P4 and P5 though.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Nintendo has had underpowered consoles for close to 15 years. You should have jumped ship or gotten used to it by now.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64042 Posts

Yes. I would like to play their games on better systems with better online n horse power n controllers/keyboard, and such.

Imagine if breath of the wild ran at an actual good framerate. I’m already annoyed Bayonetta 3 is another Bayonetta title that is being made for hardware far behind the PS4s era of games.

And right now I have huge concerns on what that games framerate is going to be like if bum ass Astral Chain had to run at 30 with its mid ass combat.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44851 Posts

They make good games, don't feel lack of power is my main concern. Pricing of their games, lack of robust online features that have been with Sony and MS consoles for last decade, lack of cross platform rights sharing between Nintendo devices for their BC digital downloads, a less ambitious digital storefront with regard to BC, these things concern me more. Less concerned Nintendo make a pricey console so I can play same top end multiplats I can play on my Xbox One or PlayStation 4. Besides, the console-handheld hybrid was bound to be weaker than dedicated consoles, but an essential pivot for Nintendo. IMO they could never balance support between separate console and handheld with their first party, focus on one came at expense of other. Here, the people who want to play as a console or a handheld have access to same library of titles, now Nintendo only needs to focus on delivering on their signature quality titles. Playing the power game would mean giving me a reason not to buy another MS or Sony console, unlikely. I will always get Nintendo products but it will always be in addition to owning other gaming machines. They know this is the case too, after all I was just reading the other day that 70-some percent of Switch gamers own an XB1 or PS4. Regardless, their current momentum has them on course to capture a great slice of the market, why should they deviate now?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 45035 Posts

@-paranorman-: Sure games are going to look better on more powerful hardware but for me I’m not really going to compare games that are only available on the Switch to other different games. For instance Tokyo Mirage Sessions is only on the Switch so it looks fine enough for me to play it there and enjoy it. For games that are available on both the Switch and Xbox One then I’ll likely get the Xbox One version but will sometimes get both for the portability factor. If Nintendo had gone with something as powerful as Microsoft‘s and Sony’s systems then they wouldn’t have been able to make something like the Switch is currently and it just would have been a standard console. Personally I’m pretty happy with the Switch as a Console/Portable hybrid.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 41105 Posts

Pisses me off when i hear people say that they don't care about power on a Nintendo console because they have their first party. What kind of dumb stupidity is that? You think that Breath of the Wild wouldn't have been better if it had Horizon quality visuals? You think that the same game wouldn't have been better if they were running in 60fps or at least a stable 30fps? You're getting shit performance in every single game that doesn't have simplistic polygons (like everything Mario related) that the WiiU and even Wii could run at lower resolutions. But its on-the-go, so it excuses the system to have ancient visuals and complete garbage frames. It feels to me that true Nintendo fans have been conditioned over the years to accept the minimum. The best part about all of it is that they're asking for more, more of the same minimalistic efforts being put in their systems and games. But who care, the system is on the go, everything is fine 😊

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#11 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10623 Posts

Blame the GameCube. That thing was probably more powerful than the PS2, and sold like arse. That was when Nintendo threw up their hands and stopped trying to compete on power, switching to the strategy of cornering their own niche instead.

And now that the Switch is a success, it's not going to change, which knowing Nintendo, is usually already a tortuously long and impenetrable process anyway. Better for the sake of your sanity to find a way to live with it.

Avatar image for FrKnPuertoRican
FrKnPuertoRican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By FrKnPuertoRican
Member since 2003 • 3005 Posts

Sure I'd love a Switch as powerful as a PS5, but it would need to cost no more than 350. Cuz ain't no god dang loch ness monster getting mo dan tree fitty outta me.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 sakaiXx  Online
Member since 2013 • 16232 Posts

Last year nintendo moved around 120-140m software. Its not PC or PS4 level software numbers of course but I guess those Nintendo fans don't care paying for more expensive, underpowered ports.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 974 Posts

I used to care more about power. i think it used to make a bigger difference during the times of game cube and nintendo 64. now most games look well enough and power seems that is more for bragging rights..

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5338 Posts

Is this type of question no better than:

Asking Apple fans if they are tired of being charged higher prices for Apple products?

Asking console users if they are tired of having consoles that are technically-inferior to PCs?

Asking Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest fans if they are tired of having to pay a "Square-Enix tax" (i.e. pay more) to purchase games from these franchises?

Those who believe in a bigger role of government if they are tired of having to pay higher taxes to support that type of government?

If Nintendo fans truly believe that they are tired of paying for systems that are considered "under-powered," they would just go elsewhere and play with Nintendo's rivials' systems. As long as most Nintendo consumers (hardcore and non-hardcore) are indifferent toward whether Nintendo's systems are "under-powered" or not, the company will continue to release systems that will remain under-powered.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

If you are a Nintendo fan then you are destined to play a next gen console with tech from 2 gens ago lol.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22468 Posts

You can't have a super powerful Switch-style hybrid console that will be a decent price... It's unrealistic.

I'd much rather sacrifice power for the flexibility that Switch gives me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hrt_rulz01 said:

You can't have a super powerful Switch-style hybrid console that will be a decent price... It's unrealistic.

I'd much rather sacrifice power for the flexibility that Switch gives me.

That's reasonable, you should pass it on to Nintendo fans who get upset that more devs don't support it when they have to heavily invest in creating new engine or heavily modifying the ones they have to make games run on the Switch.

I find Nintendo makes the Switch with their own games in mind & not for AAA devs.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Y’all are nuts. The Switch’s max power draw is 18W. The PS4 is plugged into a wall. And your point is even further blown by the fact BOTW has faaaaaar better physics and AI compared to Horizon. Polygon and pixel counts don’t make games better. I thought some of you knew better.

And lol at some of you saying games would be 60 FPS vs 30 FPS if the Switch were more like the PS4. Then why are 95% of PS4 games 30 FPS with drops? (Like Horizon...)

Just stop

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7388 Posts

The question I have is how many fans would Nintendo get back onside if they released a super power competitor to the ps5 and Xbox series x. I think the switch idea of a hybrid is why it sold as well as it has.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#23 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Since last gen hardware is at a point where gains are much more incremental than huge leaps. It's nice to have a powerful machine, and I would like to see Nintendo releasing a 15tf console but whatever, it's fine.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44541 Posts

Nintendonts care, they couldn't compete in the big boy console arena and they've been outta the console biz for years now. Low tech, low quality hardware is all they got but alas, Nintendonts couldn't care less; take our money, please.

They're crazy lil sheep after all. lol :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

But Nintendo should...

Loading Video...
@hardwenzen said:

You think that Breath of the Wild wouldn't have been better if it had Horizon quality visuals? You think that the same game wouldn't have been better if they were running in 60fps or at least a stable 30fps?

You mean this game, motion blurred out of its mind hitting the mid 20's???

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I don't really care. Also, if the Switch was as powerful as a PS4 it wouldn't have been able to be a Switch - which is its best attribute for me right now, and one reason I play it MORE than my PS4

AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AfterShafter
Member since 2002 • 7175 Posts

Nah. I'm always refreshed to see a company that gets it - with "it" mainly being that the graphics king comes and goes, but people will play a 20 year old game with graphics to match the time period if the game is designed enough. Heck, sometimes those games even look good.

Frankly it's the constant drive for power/graphic fidelity that bothers me a lot more than Nintendo's approach. It's *so* not necessary for truly memorable games and tends to just drive up budgets across the board.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 47013 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

But Nintendo should...

@hardwenzen said:

You think that Breath of the Wild wouldn't have been better if it had Horizon quality visuals? You think that the same game wouldn't have been better if they were running in 60fps or at least a stable 30fps?

Time for Horizon to hit PC. To fix all its mistakes.

And breath of the wild's average framerate on Wii U is 26FPS. It's like they forgot they were also making this game for WiiU, found this old version, and decided to ship it anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@goldenelementxl said:

Y’all are nuts. The Switch’s max power draw is 18W. The PS4 is plugged into a wall. And your point is even further blown by the fact BOTW has faaaaaar better physics and AI compared to Horizon. Polygon and pixel counts don’t make games better. I thought some of you knew better.

And lol at some of you saying games would be 60 FPS vs 30 FPS if the Switch were more like the PS4. Then why are 95% of PS4 games 30 FPS with drops? (Like Horizon...)

Just stop

You're right just stop.

How will it ever run on the Switch there Nintendo apologist?

You like to give shit to PS4 and especially XB1, and never Nintendo, again just stop.

Hopefully Fortnite runs good for you on the Switch lol.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#30 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Switch has the games. Im having too much fun (gasp!) to be bothered with hardware specs. If I want to obsess over hardware specs that's what my PC is for.

Better specs does not mean better games. I sold my PS4 last year because it was the least-used console Ive ever owned.

Zelgadiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zelgadiss
Member since 2003 • 1712 Posts

Im a long time PS fanboy switch looks interesting. I might buy it great gaming for people who are never home like me! Switch has its benefits.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Nintendo's first party cartoon style doesn't require much power. Hell... Zelda BotW is probably their most taxing game to date and it can run on Wii-U.

I'd say that power requirements for Nintendo's needs are completely met with what Switch is capable of. Switch successor will more than likely see a marginal power increase that probably won't even be used.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 41105 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

But Nintendo should...

Loading Video...
@hardwenzen said:

Horizon ran well. Just because there was a spot in the game with some fps issues that its anywhere near as messy as it is in BOTW. The ps4 is from 2013. Switch from 2016, and look at the visuals and fps it offers, its laughable.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 my_user_name  Online
Member since 2019 • 1331 Posts

I'd be tired of paying of their prices.

$60 for NSMB - which was basically a high res wii game?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#35  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41722 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

Blame the GameCube. That thing was probably more powerful than the PS2, and sold like arse. That was when Nintendo threw up their hands and stopped trying to compete on power, switching to the strategy of cornering their own niche instead.

And now that the Switch is a success, it's not going to change, which knowing Nintendo, is usually already a tortuously long and impenetrable process anyway. Better for the sake of your sanity to find a way to live with it.

Ding Ding! We have a winner! Thank the gods I've been an XBOX/Nintendo (and a dash of PC) gamer for a while.

You all wanted better graphics from Nintendo? You should've bought the GameCube, which you probably didn't because y'all thought the damn thing was too kiddy (which is... also the reputation of the Switch... huh...), among other reasons. It even had it's own "Mature" games you didn't buy because of the often fanboyish argument of being "on the wrong console" (Eternal Darkness).

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

LOL at the Nintendo fanboys who still claim GameCube was more powerful than PS2 when the GameCube doesn’t have a single game that looks better than God of War 2 or Gran Turismo 4 or had a massive open world like GTA SA.

Listen fanboys, we don’t go by what it says on paper. We judge the most powerful console with the best graphics based on real world games.

GameCube ran like trash in real world settings and had this weird cartoony thing in every game. It’s like every game had this cartoon filter. It was noticeable in Tony Hawk for example.

ANY console can make great looking cartoon games. But when it came to realistic games, the PS2 slaughtered GameCube.

The GameCube was gimped and not capable of making a game like God Of War 2. That’s a fact.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@ajstyles: As someone who owned both PS2 and Gamecube, yes... the Gamecube was more powerful. That doesn't mean that PS2 games looked much worse if at all. As always, it depends on what the dev did with what they were given.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#38 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 71222 Posts

Surprise! I was right.😂

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#40 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4602 Posts

As someone who began gaming on the Atari 2600, no I am perfectly fine with what Nintendo offers. Graphics are one of the least important aspects of gaming to me.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

A powerful Nintendo console would flop, so this is kind of a pointless discussion. It's Switch or third-party.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18043 Posts

No I am fine with what nintendo offers now. If you're looking for power you shouldn't even look at consoles at all, they're all underpowered.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Nah, I like the lane Nintendo is in, thier first party software is great, higher resolution and realism is nice but id rather them focus on what they are best at.

I have PC for the pretty games.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#44  Edited By dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

Nintendo consoles provide a platform for quality entertainment. Who cares about the raw hardware specifications?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@i_p_daily said:

You're right just stop.

You like to give shit to PS4 and especially XB1, and never Nintendo, again just stop.

Nintendo doesn't come out claiming "the most powerful console ever" or push pixels over everything else. With Nintendo we get great games. With Microsoft and Sony we get interactive movies that sacrifice gameplay for visual bells and whistles. And you console kids just eat it up every gen

And you can run with this silly Fortnite narrative if you want, but I play everything...

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23742 Posts

Yeah I'd love to play Nintendo games on better hardware. I'd love it even more to see Nintendo design their games around better hardware. Portability does nothing for me (me, personally, I know a lot of yall dig it), so I get nothing in exchange for the Switch being relatively weak.

All that said, not overly concerned. Been this way for a while and I'm way over it. They still design good/great games and that's the main draw of their systems for me. The hardware is sufficient enough to make their games art shine. I'm only ever annoyed when performance is noticeably inconsistent.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@goldenelementxl said:
@i_p_daily said:

You're right just stop.

Nintendo doesn't come out claiming "the most powerful console ever" or push pixels over everything else. With Nintendo we get great games. With Microsoft and Sony we get interactive movies that sacrifice gameplay for visual bells and whistles. And you console kids just eat it up every gen

And you can run with this silly Fortnite narrative if you want, but I play everything...

Since when has MS sacrificed gameplay in favour of visual bells & whistles as you put it? I can't even remember a time on here when a lem made a graphics king thread. Now i'm not saying it has never happened, but its very rare.

Sony yes, they push graphics first and everything else second, so I agree with you on that one.

You say with Nintendo you get great games, are you going to sit here and say that these "great" games don't have technical issues also? I mean you will happily shit on the other 2 if a game dips to 29fps, oh and great Nintendo games for you is meh for someone else, I don't want to play Mario, Zelda, Pokémon #589.

I don't care about graphics, never had, and never pushed them on here. My issue is with people such as yourself who are willing to shit on MS/Sony but give Nintendo a free pass for tech that is not next gen or even this gen, and yet they have the nerve to charge a higher price for an underpowered device, just because its Nintendo, and people like you eat it up.

As for Fornite, well you do play it, and nowhere did I say you don't play other games. You have shilled/defended it on here multiple times in the past, so if the shoe fits, and you have the nerve to call others "console kids" and here you are defending the Switch, how ironic lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
@i_p_daily said:

I don't care about graphics, never had, and never pushed them on here. My issue is with people such as yourself who are willing to shit on MS/Sony but give Nintendo a free pass for tech that is not next gen or even this gen, and yet they have the nerve to charge a higher price for an underpowered device, just because its Nintendo, and people like you eat it up.

The Switch TDP is 18W. The Switch can be played 100% in handheld mode and run on a battery. There is nothing "underpowered" about the Switch. It is what it has to be to serve its purpose and functionality. The Switch is smaller than a bluray case. The Switch has a screen, fans, cartridge and memory card slots etc. The form-factor and performance is more than impressive imo. Of course the Switch isn't as powerful as the Xbox One and PS4. You could probably fit a dozen Switchs inside of a launch Xbox One. Yet the Switch shares dozens of titles with the PS4 and Xbox One...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@goldenelementxl said:
@i_p_daily said:

The Switch TDP is 18W. The Switch can be played 100% in handheld mode and run on a battery. There is nothing "underpowered" about the Switch. It is what it has to be to serve its purpose and functionality. The Switch is smaller than a bluray case. The Switch has a screen, fans, cartridge and memory card slots etc. The form-factor and performance is more than impressive imo. Of course the Switch isn't as powerful as the Xbox One and PS4. You could probably fit a dozen Switchs inside of a launch Xbox One. Yet the Switch shares dozens of titles with the PS4 and Xbox One...

The interesting part is the part in bold, it may share games, but they are watered down versions of those games and at a higher entry price point. In Australia the Switch is more expensive, and gets the worse version of multiplats, something you use your PC to mock the XB1/PS4 with, however you more often than not need a PC that costs more which makes sense they are better versions.

You need to practise what you preach, because you're coming across as a massive sheep, well that is when you're not a acting like a massive hermit.

It does raise an interesting question, and that is if you have a Switch/PC why do you buy the other 2, just to bitch about them?