BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

I didn't try the alpha or anything, but is this game the latest downgrade casualty? I thought those graphics seemed a little ambitious for the current gen. Or maybe this is just a bad shot. What we were presented.

vs.

(Screencaps courtesy of Chairmanchuck @ resetera)

Bad PC settings, maybe? The bottom shot looks like an average Ubisoft game. And after Bioware said there would be no downgrade. Spoke too soon?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Don't care, don't care one bit.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

All the recent gameplay footage i've seen doesn't as good as their early reveal footage.

Still looks ok (its running on Frostbite so there should be at least a decent bar of visual quality), so not a big deal to me, but I'd say there is a downgrade afoot

EDIT: also, looking like an average Ubisoft game isn't a bad thing, their games look freaking awesome (at least on PC)

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Nothing like screengrabs from youtube videos

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Gonna be shit on consoles.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BenjaminBanklin
@with_teeth26 said:

All the recent gameplay footage i've seen doesn't as good as their early reveal footage.

Still looks ok (its running on Frostbite so there should be at least a decent bar of visual quality), so not a big deal to me, but I'd say there is a downgrade afoot

EDIT: also, looking like an average Ubisoft game isn't a bad thing, their games look freaking awesome (at least on PC)

Yeah, what we're seeing now doesn't look terrible. It's just more like a current gen video game as opposed to the souped-up presentation they showed off.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Been hearing a lot rumors this game is having big problems on base Xbox and PS4. Pro and X seem fine. But sucks that so many are left out on the true experience. I know it's EA but might be best to just wait til next gen!

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@zaryia said:

As expected.

By the time this is out PS5 will be around the corner and it will take a dump on 95% of whatever PC gamers are running now so you're both right and wrong.

What are your PC specs?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zaryia
@boxrekt said:
@zaryia said:

As expected.

By the time this is out PS5 will be around the corner and it will take a dump on 95% of whatever PC gamers are running now so you're both right and wrong.

5% of PC gamers will be exponentially higher than the number of PS5s sold. And as all other gens, this HUGE gap will increase in PCs favor (new hardware).

Too easy bro.

Too easy.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

Resetera seems pretty dim. Not that I'm defending this piece of shit, but it's pretty obviously a different time of day. That's what happens when the sun moves and light is filtered.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

It does look worse from those screens, and it did seem worse in the Alpha. That being said, the game still looks absolutely amazing, and the hub-city/characters look downright brilliant.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@zaryia: Gonna be shit on 99% of PCs.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MonsieurX

@boxrekt said:
@zaryia said:

As expected.

What are your PC specs?

hey Recloud, back already?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#14 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

haha

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

That's typical of Ubisoft.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

Every game development get's downgraded at some point and I'm still hype for Anthem anyways. That said, the graphics are the least of my worries. I'm more worry on the console version cause console gamers will be getting the worst version while I'll be playing the best version on PC.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Meh. Not a big deal to me regardless. The game still looks fantastic to me.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zaryia
@vfighter said:

@zaryia: Gonna be shit on 99% of PCs.

Nah, the amount of gfx cards sold that beat PS4 out number the systems sales by a large margin.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@boxrekt: So, like, this game isnt coming out in 2021...

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

They will just tell us they changed the TOD.

X_Karen_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 X_Karen_x
Member since 2019 • 501 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin:

It look like representative of past and future customer for game.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lundy86_4

@boxrekt said:

By the time this is out PS5 will be around the corner and it will take a dump on 95% of whatever PC gamers are running now

Well... That makes sense considering it'll be using newer hardware. I mean, well-done on that utterly mind-blowing insight into the progression of linear time. Fortunately, PC hardware isn't static and can be upgraded as wanted/needed.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#23 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Looks a bit like odyssey, not particularly impressive visually.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:
@boxrekt said:

By the time this is out PS5 will be around the corner and it will take a dump on 95% of whatever PC gamers are running now

Well... That makes sense considering it'll be using newer hardware. I mean, well-done on that utterly mind-blowing insight into the progression of linear time. Fortunately, PC hardware isn't static and can be upgraded as wanted/needed.

Doesn't even matter if many gamers have worse off PC specs, as us guys with 2080 Tis will still flood this forum with beautiful ray traced images that only consoles can dream of. :D

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

I don’t understand why you guys are talking about Ubisoft when Anthem is an EA game.

But whatever. Most of you are crazy.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BoxRekt

@MonsieurX said:
@boxrekt said:
@zaryia said:

As expected.

What are your PC specs?

Just asking a question for someone who claims the game will be shit on consoles when not all PCs will run it even as good as a base PS4 so I think the question is relevant.

Not sure why you think my question strange or out of place. More than likely his system is included in the 95% who will be worse than PS5.

Instead of quoting me why don't you ask him why he ignored my question about specs since he keep harping on how much better "PC" is supposed to be?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BoxRekt

@lundy86_4 said:
@boxrekt said:

With all that said, PS5 will still be better than 95% of whatever PC gamers are running. Unless you are suggesting the majority of PC fans are going to get 2080's then there's no need to beat your chest about my statement.

If you running a 1080TI you'll more or less be on par with PS5's power but still have games that are less optimized.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Zaryia
@boxrekt said:

Just asking a question

5% of PCs > PS5 unit sales.

Just like how there are currently a lot more PCs that beat PS4 than PS4s sold. Way more.

Other than that, we default to high end PCs at SW unless the thread specifically states otherwise. Much like GS reviews and DF do, our main sources.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lundy86_4

@boxrekt said:

With all that said, PS5 will still be better than 95% of whatever PC gamers are running. Unless you are suggesting the majority of PC fans are going to get 2080's then there's no need to beat your chest about my statement.

If you running a 1080TI you'll more or less be on par with PS5's power but still have games that are less optimized.

With all that said, what you stated is pure speculation. I say we wait, and see if your 5% figure holds water. Do remember that you hold the burden of proof.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Zaryia
@boxrekt said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@boxrekt said:

With all that said, PS5 will still be better than 95% of whatever PC gamers are running.

5% of PCs is exponentially higher than PS5 Unit Sales. And that gap usually remains that large as new PC hardware releases.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BoxRekt

@zaryia said:
@boxrekt said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@boxrekt said:

With all that said, PS5 will still be better than 95% of whatever PC gamers are running.

5% of PCs is exponentially higher than PS5 Unit Sales. And that gap usually remains that large as new PC hardware releases.

What are your PC specs?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@boxrekt: Considering amd just managed to outperform a 1080ti with a $700 GPU, its safe to say ps5 won't have that kind of horsepower.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lundy86_4

@boxrekt said:

What are your PC specs?

What are yours, ReCloud?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

lol you guys surprised by downgrades still?

I feel obligated to post this picture again:

It's called advertising folks, stop being suckered.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@zaryia said:
@boxrekt said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@boxrekt said:

What are your PC specs?

My five year old PC already beats PS5, but that's a moot point because A.) PS5 is a ways off, and B.) I don't think hardware has been confirmed. Consoles are generally two generations behind what a modest PC build for the time is. So yeah, PS5 might perform as well as my old PC .

Chances are PS5 will make a half-assed attempt at ray tracing (like PS4 did with 4K) and, because PS5 has it and most PC's won't, you'll consider that a bragging right. Have fun being duped by SONY.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BoxRekt

@lundy86_4 said:
@boxrekt said:

With all that said, what you stated is pure speculation. I say we wait, and see if your 5% figure holds water. Do remember that you hold the burden of proof.

The specs of PS5 have pretty much already been confirmed so there's not much speculation unless you're suggesting much lower than what has already been reported on.

PC gamers are know to float around the mid low-range area of available specs, that isn't speculation it's fact. You trying to suggest something different means you need to provide proof otherwise.

We can both wait, all I was just pointing out most PC gamers will have systems inferior to PS5 (another fact) so I'm not sure why me saying this made you upset when it was zaryia who made the original remark about consoles running the game like shit.

PS5 will run Anthem and most other early games 4k @ 60 without breaking a sweat. No need to press me when we know most PC's are not going to be doing this.

@lundy86_4 said:
@boxrekt said:

What are your PC specs?

What are yours, ReCloud?

lol wow you're some kind of weirdo aren't you? Like, what's your problem?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lundy86_4

@boxrekt said:

The specs of PS5 have pretty much already been confirmed so there's not much speculation unless you're suggesting much lower than what has already been reported on.

PC gamers are know to float around the mid low-range area of available specs, that isn't speculation it's fact. You trying to suggest something different means you need to provide proof otherwise.

We can both wait, all I was just pointing out most PC gamers will have systems inferior to PS5 (another fact) so I'm not sure why me saying this made you upset when it was zaryia who made the original remark about consoles running the game like shit.

PS5 will run Anthem and most other early games 4k @ 60 without breaking a sweat. No need to press me when we know most PC's are not going to be doing this.

Nothing you said changed your initial point from speculation into fact.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BoxRekt

@lundy86_4 said:
@boxrekt said:

Nothing you said changed your initial point from speculation into fact.

whatever makes you feel good buddy.

X_Karen_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 X_Karen_x
Member since 2019 • 501 Posts

Is nothing new if you are honest. Advertisement just work this way.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Zaryia
@boxrekt said:
@zaryia said:
@boxrekt said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@boxrekt said:

5% of PCs is exponentially higher than PS5 Unit Sales.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts
@boxrekt said:

The specs of PS5 have pretty much already been confirmed

Source?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@jasonofa36: His ass.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By lundy86_4

@boxrekt said:

whatever makes you feel good buddy.

It's not about feeling good. It's literally about providing evidence to back up your statements. Nothing you have said is even remotely verifiable.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#44  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@boxrekt said:

Doesn't even matter if many gamers have worse off PC specs, as us guys with 2080 Tis will still flood this forum with beautiful ray traced images that only consoles can dream of. :D

Ray Tracing is nice, but the laps we do around consoles with our high frame rates is what puts the biggest smile on my face. :D

All in Ultrawide goodness of course. ;)

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BenjaminBanklin
@ajstyles said:

I don’t understand why you guys are talking about Ubisoft when Anthem is an EA game.

But whatever. Most of you are crazy.

Because this particular section looks something like an AC game in that bottom screenshot. It just has that house Ubi look. even though this is a Bioware game. Nothing says "super typical modern game" like Ubisoft.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@boxrekt said:

What are your PC specs?

What are yours, ReCloud?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MonsieurX

@boxrekt: Why are you avoiding my question?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BoxRekt

@jasonofa36 said:
@boxrekt said:

The specs of PS5 have pretty much already been confirmed

Source?

Loading Video...

@fedor said:

@jasonofa36: His ass.

Are you angry about something bud?

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

I wouldn't deny it had a downgrade, to be honest most games do this now. But I also believe it might just be a different time of day or lighting. Looking at some of the details from the second pic, it just seems to me like the first pic has an insane ammount of light - not to mention unrealistic.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Why is this even a surprise anymore.... shit looks better in commercials. Period