Another PS4 exclusive for GOTY on GS * Erica gets 8

#1 Edited by IvanGrozny (924 posts) -

Well, Erica is basically an interactive movie. Who the hell needs gameplay with such top graphics lol

Erica got an 8 on GS

When PC Gamers and Xbox will start getting such top exclusives like this?

#2 Posted by ProtossRushX (5700 posts) -

ps4 can keep this garbage I can't believe people on reset era like this kind of trash game its horrible.

#3 Posted by livingdeadman (372 posts) -

Can't wait to get it free for PS Plus next year. But it really does look like worth a buy. Maybe I'll just support the Devs, Actors, Actresses by buying it on sale.

#4 Posted by Jenocide (22 posts) -

This game is $10 and it will probably be free with PS Plus sometime next year so I can't blame anyone for choosing to wait. However, I was curious enough to give it a go and can honestly say that I enjoyed it. Something a little different and it's a pretty successful experiment imho. I think the price point is what sealed the deal for me. Expectations weren't that high and thus I was pleasantly surprised. Only complaint is that I hated the controls. The dualshock is awful, and at first, my phone (LG G7) kept losing its connection to my PS4. Frustrating to say the least.

#5 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19282 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: You mean your fellow members of the herd? Lol.

#6 Posted by VFighter (5242 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01: Havent you noticed, he flip flopped and is now a sheep, bragging up the Switch and Nintendo every chance he gets.

#7 Posted by SaltSlasher (1318 posts) -

I saw that girl, think it was on stage at Gamescom, and she looked like some 16 year old girl, seemed creepy to control some dumb girl for a day, figured if not that weird considering what else PSVR has.

https://youtu.be/Nq1MXSdV350?t=6232

I went and looked her up cause they were talking about her acting chops thinking she was gonna be some random kid in a horror movie I love, and she's nearly 30, and hasn't acted in a single movie I've seen.

I'm gonna watch the Beowulf show, cause only thing major she's in that looks remotely appealing, and if I like her, I'll play that game, cause you know, its literally a movie, and why would I want to control an actor I don't like.

#8 Posted by I_P_Daily (12577 posts) -

Just when you think Gamespot and its "reviewers" can't sink any lower they out do themselves.

@vfighter said:

@hrt_rulz01: Havent you noticed, he flip flopped and is now a sheep, bragging up the Switch and Nintendo every chance he gets.

C'mon he doesn't even own a Switch, he stinks like cow shit lol.

#9 Posted by pmanden (745 posts) -

People on this forum have accused games like Horizon Zero and Uncharted of being movie games, which they are not. But Erica? Man, there is a movie game if ever I saw one. I wouldn't pay 5 dollars for this "game". I'll "play" it on youtube instead.

#10 Edited by I_P_Daily (12577 posts) -

@pmanden said:

People on this forum have accused games like Horizon Zero and Uncharted of being movie games, which they are not. But Erica? Man, there is a movie game if ever I saw one. I wouldn't pay 5 dollars for this "game". I'll "play" it on youtube instead.

HZD no, but people have said it about Uncharted, but its the gameplay in that game that is uncharted lol.

#11 Posted by Vaidream45 (2036 posts) -

Looks like an interesting movie. I’ll check it out on Youtube soon.

#12 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19282 posts) -

@vfighter: Lol yeah I know... it's pretty funny.

I'm still not sure if he's serious.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
#13 Edited by APiranhaAteMyVa (4132 posts) -

Better than Gears 5 TLHBO

#14 Posted by DaVillain- (38139 posts) -

Didn't see this thread but anyways.

Erica is an interesting thriller but at the same time, gamers here need to remember one thing and understand this. People like "story driven" games. Heavy rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human also exist and all sell well. This is the future of Sony. If you want gameplay in your games, you're gonna have to go with PC, Xbox consoles or Nintendo consoles. Keep in mind Erica wasn't made by Sony in the matter of speaking.

#15 Edited by warmblur (3028 posts) -

Black Mirror already did this it was called Bandersnatch it was kinda a fun experiment on Netflix but I'm not feeling this. I got a PS4 and I like movie games like Until Dawn but I don't want a FMV game. I remember renting one in the 90's called Psychic Detective the acting was so bad lol this is to much movie for me.

#16 Posted by I_P_Daily (12577 posts) -

Gamespot mods deleted my comment on the official review, its no wonder they give games with teh feelz high scores because they're emotional wrecks lol.

#17 Edited by DaVillain- (38139 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

Gamespot mods deleted my comment on the official review, its no wonder they give games with teh feelz high scores because they're emotional wrecks lol.

Hmmm, not sure why but I'll have a look and see why.

Edit: Okay, this is what you said:

This is embarrassing even for Gamespot's low reviewing standards.

You know its bad when they are bested at reviewing games by YouTube hacks lol.

Let's sum it up. Your comment belongs in SW, not in the comments and mostly, you how is this GS reviewing low standards? This is a game, despite it's a cinematic driven game, it's still a game and the reviewer is still an opinion, nothing more/less. I don't like it but I can understand why they deleted that comment.

#18 Posted by VFighter (5242 posts) -

@i_p_daily: It was probably deleted because it was trolling nonsense like most of your post.

#19 Posted by UItravioIence (1241 posts) -

Lol ip crying about deleted troll comments.

#20 Edited by ButDuuude (1429 posts) -

Well, Gears 5 is almost as good as a $10 interactive movie on PS4. You should be proud of that.

#21 Posted by foxhound_fox (98037 posts) -

When was the last time a 8/10 game won GOTY here?

#22 Posted by R-Gamer (641 posts) -

The PS4 has alot of great exclusives but this isn't one I care about.

#23 Posted by Zero_epyon (13373 posts) -
@foxhound_fox said:

When was the last time a 8/10 game won GOTY here?

2014. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

#24 Posted by sakaiXx (6077 posts) -

The last of us was an 8 here at gamespot

#25 Posted by I_P_Daily (12577 posts) -

@davillain-: I hurt the reviewers feelings lol, the truth tends to do that :(

#26 Posted by I_P_Daily (12577 posts) -

@uitravioience: Crying, um the reviewer is the one crying to get my post deleted lol.

#27 Posted by I_P_Daily (12577 posts) -

@vfighter: Nah I just spoke the truth like all of my posts, the people who don't like it, such as yourself cry troll as it's the only comeback you have :(