tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/sackboy-a-big-adventure-ps5-interview-preview-feature/

Dynamic resolution to keep at 60fps, dont know what resolution is (I reck the do know and they dont want to say).

If this game is dynamic 4k, wonder how many others will be.

Series X will show its strength in that resolution will be higher but it sounds like another generation of fake 4k claims.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39834 Posts

On a crossgen game...ouch

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1301 Posts

Well the PS5 is not much more powerful than the XSS so it’s expected.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 5122 Posts

To be fair, Nvidia with DLSS kinda proves how silly the native 4K target is. It’s too resource heavy.

That being said, console fanboys (Lems) and their native 4K claims with the Scorpio/One X look even more silly now that the 2020, “most powerful console ever made” Series X still doesn’t do native 4K. That faction fell for buzzword marketing harder than any faction in System Wars history.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 5949 Posts

4k you say? What about the 8k that is in the front of the box 🤣

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 14941 Posts

And yet - there are some who claim the XSS should be a 4K machine

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#7 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 46273 Posts

I saw a gold 8k logo dwarfing 4k. Get with the times.😎

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 37432 Posts

@goldenelementxl:

Could have sworn FH4 native 4K on X1X. Eh, guess they were liars or..... :P

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 5122 Posts

@SecretPolice: I believe, “no doubt the majority of games will be 4K/60” was floating around on this board. And “lol fauxK” as well. Then it was “all 1st party games will be native 4K.” Now they’re all in hiding again...

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 14941 Posts

@SecretPolice: to be fair, you can play FH4 in 4K on a GTX970

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 3548 Posts

4k is just a buzzword. They should focus on 1440p with higher fidelity and upscale it. With today's upscaling, it's almost impossible to tell the difference between native 4k and upscaled. Look at Demon's Souls a an example. It looks great at 1440p upscaled.

Sony putting 8k on the box is laughable.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SecretPolice

@goldenelementxl:

Surprisingly I recall that differently during that time and don't remember anyone saying All games would run native 4K. :P

I'm pretty sure some were saying many 1st party games could likely do it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pedro

@goldenelementxl: No one should have been wasting time with Ron and his foolishness.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SecretPolice

@xantufrog:

Nothing to be fair about since it was never about PC but rather I was just responding to the assertion that X1X wasn't running any games native 4K.

And mostly just stirring the pot a bit anyway. lol :P

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 20692 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

To be fair, Nvidia with DLSS kinda proves how silly the native 4K target is. It’s too resource heavy.

That being said, console fanboys (Lems) and their native 4K claims with the Scorpio/One X look even more silly now that the 2020, “most powerful console ever made” Series X still doesn’t do native 4K. That faction fell for buzzword marketing harder than any faction in System Wars history.

This is about a game on the PS5, and you're rambling on about the Series X not doing native 4k, it seems lems have plenty of free rent in that mind of yours LOL.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 15990 Posts

I mean, native 4K/60 is still a struggle on PC. Not many were expecting every title to be 4K/60 except the hardcore fanboys. You know who you are...

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 152

#17  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 13355 Posts

This is to be expected with the consoles only peaking at 12TF. Native 4K is still very demanding and will overwhelm the next-gen consoles. Even an RTX 3090 can't run all games at 4K/60fps max settings. Best to keep expectations in check.

https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/nvidia-geforce-rtx3090-cannot-run-watch-dogs-legion-with-constant-60fps-in-4k-ultra/

Loading Video...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pedro

@BassMan: Lol, you are so ignorant at times with your PC nonsense. PC has bottlenecks, consoles don't. More specifically PS5. Its I/Os are superior to the bottleneck infested PC you praise so often. Everyone knows the SSD easily compensates for the GPU deficiency. It's like DLSS.😛

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SecretPolice

@Pedro:

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33689 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/sackboy-a-big-adventure-ps5-interview-preview-feature/

Dynamic resolution to keep at 60fps, dont know what resolution is (I reck the do know and they dont want to say).

Series X will show its strength in that resolution will be higher but it sounds like another generation of fake 4k claims.

Yeah the series X is already showing its strength which is why there are games that drop to 1080p.

Don't feel bad about this, at least this gen you say with your head held high that even PC will not be able to deliver 4k/60FPS with all bells and whistles.😊

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BassMan

@Pedro said:

@BassMan: Lol, you are so ignorant at times with your PC nonsense. PC has bottlenecks, consoles don't. More specifically PS5. Its I/Os are superior to the bottleneck infested PC you praise so often. Everyone knows the SSD easily compensates for the GPU deficiency. It's like DLSS.😛

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 10948 Posts

On consoles developers are going to push graphics fidelity over frame rate and resolution, that's just how it is.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tdkmillsy

@tormentos said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Yeah the series X is already showing its strength which is why there are games that drop to 1080p.

Don't feel bad about this, at least this gen you say with your head held high that even PC will not be able to deliver 4k/60FPS with all bells and whistles.😊

I do feel bad as I'm getting a PS5 and and the game will only run worse unless locked on both. Even then I'll know the Series X could run higher if allowed.

That will soon change when I played the games I want to play on PS5, did it on PS3 for a couple of games and sold off for the better Xbox.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 2507 Posts

I wonder when people are actually going to realize 4K is a gimmick, and start demanding console manufacturers improve in areas that are actually relevant?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BassMan

@eoten said:

I wonder when people are actually going to realize 4K is a gimmick, and start demanding console manufacturers improve in areas that are actually relevant?

It's not a gimmick. It's just very demanding and unrealistic unless you have the highest end PC hardware. Even then, you shouldn't expect to achieve it with all games. Sub 4K is fine, but sub 60fps is not. So, dynamic resolution or lower target resolutions are the way to go on these consoles.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zero_epyon

@BassMan said:
@eoten said:

It's not a gimmick. It's just very demanding and unrealistic unless you have the highest end PC hardware. Even then, you shouldn't expect to achieve it with all games.

This. Every screen in my place is 4K. Once I saw it first hand I didn't want to go back. Side effect is playing games at lower settings than I'm used to but that will hopefully change when I get my hands on that 3080...

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BassMan

@Zero_epyon: 3080 does really well at 4K, but you will have to lower some settings on demanding games to achieve 4K/60fps. Then there are other games like Forza Horizon 4 that I can play at 4K/120fps max settings on my OLED with HDR and it is an amazing experience.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 3350 Posts

we have the option this gen at least, most of the time we are getting 4k/30 or 1440p/60. not every game but 90% of them.

at least consoles gamers have choices now on which fps we want. yet console gamers still bitch and moan. but we expect 4k/30 and 4k/60 on every game.

no offence but gamers around the world have become such bitches. bitch and moan over every little thing. omg its 1440p not 4k this developer sucks ass and don't know what there doing. Im not buying that game.

we don't want to pay more than 500 but we want top pc components inside.

we go from 1.82 teraflops to 10 to 12 teraflops but its not enough we expect the same as 3080 gpu cards that came out the same year as next gen.

I feel bad for developers and these companys sony, xbox, nin. the way we talk about them. the hate we give them. nothing is good enough to us.

gamers are the problem in the gaming community not the companys.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zero_epyon

@BassMan said:

@Zero_epyon: 3080 does really well at 4K, but you will have to lower some settings on demanding games to achieve 4K/60fps. Then there are other games like Forza Horizon 4 that I can play at 4K/120fps max settings on my OLED with HDR and it is an amazing experience.

Yeah I'm not doing 4K ultra at 60. I'll try DLSS on the games that support it for that.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BassMan

@gifford38 said:

we have the option this gen at least, most of the time we are getting 4k/30 or 1440p/60. not every game but 90% of them.

at least consoles gamers have choices now on which fps we want. yet console gamers still bitch and moan. but we expect 4k/30 and 4k/60 on every game.

no offence but gamers around the world have become such bitches. bitch and moan over every little thing. omg its 1440p not 4k this developer sucks ass and don't know what there doing. Im not buying that game.

we don't want to pay more than 500 but we want top pc components inside.

we go from 1.82 teraflops to 10 to 12 teraflops but its not enough we expect the same as 3080 gpu cards that came out the same year as next gen.

I feel bad for developers and these companys sony, xbox, nin. the way we talk about them. the hate we give them. nothing is good enough to us.

gamers are the problem in the gaming community not the companys.

The issue is that many people are uneducated on how things work and lack experience. They just get caught up in the hype, buzzwords, marketing, etc. without being realistic about it. Gotta keep the expectations in check. Especially with a $500 console.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6192 Posts

It is two lying companies which are pressured by each other to over hype their products and it end up disappointing most of the time.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2170 Posts

bu bu bu the SSD

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 8425 Posts

That's a shame, I really felt everything would be 4k/60 easy with these super boxes.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 10161 Posts

Or... we can wait for numerous examples from different developers like rational people.

Oh wait... it's 2020 and on top of it this is system wars. The idea of being rational is out the window. *shrugs*

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@fedor said:

That's a shame, I really felt everything would be 4k/60 easy with these super boxes.

Give it time. These systems are being held back by... old games.🤔

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gifford38

@tdkmillsy said:

so having either 4k/30 or 1440p/60 = fake 4k gen again? some games are 4k/60.

again they are giving us options this time around and yet we are still bitching.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gifford38
@Pedro said:
@fedor said:

yeah give it time they just got these developer kits within this year. it takes a few games to get the bugs out. developers aren't going to get 100% out of these console in the first wave of games.

was killzone and ryse last gen on the ps4 and xbox one the best we would of got all gen? games always get better after the first wave of games.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 8425 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:
@fedor said:

yeah give it time they just got these developer kits within this year. it takes a few games to get the bugs out. developers aren't going to get 100% out of these console in the first wave of games.

was killzone and ryse last gen on the ps4 and xbox one the best we would of got all gen? games always get better after the first wave of games.

When should I start expecting the 4k/60 AAA games? Do you have a time frame?

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gifford38
@bluestars said:

bu bu bu the SSD

bu bu bu the 12 teraflops which makes every game 4k/60 next gen. ssd has nothing to do with framerates and resolutions. its the teraflops remember and ps5 is to weak to do 4k/60 which every xbox fan in here said ps5 will be checker board because its only 9 teraflops.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 33403 Posts

That’s why I’m getting the Xbox Series X first myself. Gotta have those 12Tflops and that glorious 4K. 😎

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

You seem to be under this false belief that there is some secret sauce to be unlocked. When would you learn that there is no such thing. The transition from current gen to next gen is near identical to base consoles to mid gen upgrades.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

You seem to be under this false belief that there is some secret sauce to be unlocked. When would you learn that there is no such thing. The transition from current gen to next gen is near identical to base consoles to mid gen upgrades.

they can't better optimizing there games more? look at last of us one going from 2 min load screen to 13 sec load screen is not better optimizing using the ps4 hdd?

there is no secret sauce but the can find better ways to use the sauce the have.

there is more head room to play with going from 4 or 6 teraflops to 10 or 12 teraflops.

they can't find ways to use less gpu by coding there code a bit differently? or use better techniques to get more raytracing in future games?

or update the game engine more than the first wave of games.

your saying that launch games looks just as good as late gen games? i hope not because history shows other wise. there is no secret sauce but they will get better.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tdkmillsy

@gifford38 said:
@tdkmillsy said:

again they are giving us options this time around and yet we are still bitching.

claiming and actually doing are two different things.

4k dynamic is not 4k native

they lie about 4k time and time again.

Hopefully it will be less next gen but this isnt a real demanding game and its not true native 4k. So there isnt much hope.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Gifford38

@tdkmillsy said:
@gifford38 said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Hopefully it will be less next gen but this isnt a real demanding game and its not true native 4k. So there isnt much hope.

fact is not all will be 4k. some will some may not be. the ones that are 4k/30 are 4k there is no lie there. if people want 60 fps then you have to play at 1440p.

i rather have 1440p/60 with raytracing etc. (yes sackboy has raytracing) than locked at 4k/30 with raytracing etc like spiderman.

wish other developers used this method instead. keep it at 1440p/60 with raytracing.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tdkmillsy

@gifford38 said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@gifford38 said:
@tdkmillsy said:

fact is not all will be 4k. some will some may not be. the ones that are 4k/30 are 4k there is no lie there. if people want 60 fps then you have to play at 1440p.

i rather have 1440p/60 with raytracing etc. (yes sackboy has raytracing) than locked at 4k/30 with raytracing etc like spiderman.

wish other developers used this method instead. keep it at 1440p/60 with raytracing.

You need to educate yourself.

I'd estimate 75% of games this gen advertised as 4k where a combination of dynamic or checkerboard.

When dynamic they rarely hit the actual native 4k figure for any length of substantial time.

4k/30 does NOT mean they will be native 4k for the length of the game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

they can't better optimizing there games more? look at last of us one going from 2 min load screen to 13 sec load screen is not better optimizing using the ps4 hdd?

there is no secret sauce but the can find better ways to use the sauce the have.

there is more head room to play with going from 4 or 6 teraflops to 10 or 12 teraflops.

they can't find ways to use less gpu by coding there code a bit differently? or use better techniques to get more raytracing in future games?

your saying that launch games looks just as good as late gen games? i hope not because history shows other wise. there is no secret sauce but they will get better.

Last of Us, having shitty load times is purely on the developer. That issue could have been resolved 5 years ago, instead of now. Load times have been on the back burner for developers for such a long time. I am not sure how that relates or change anything I have stated.

Each company is hyping 4k and in some cases 8k with only double the performance of current gen that was struggling to maintain 4k. There really isn't any head room at higher resolutions and this is made worse if RT is enabled.

Being better at writing code is independent of the hardware.

I don't know why you perpetually set yourself up for disappointment. Its rather bizarre.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gifford38

@tdkmillsy said:
@gifford38 said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@gifford38 said:
@tdkmillsy said:

You need to educate yourself.

I'd estimate 75% of games this gen advertised as 4k where a combination of dynamic or checkerboard.

When dynamic they rarely hit the actual native 4k figure for any length of substantial time.

4k/30 does NOT mean they will be native 4k for the length of the game.

does it matter if its checkerboard or not? series x will be using it to. there will be more 4k games next gen than previous gens. so I don't see this as a lie. the box does not say all games will be 4k. it just says 4k.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

Last of Us, having shitty load times is purely on the developer. That issue could have been resolved 5 years ago, instead of now. Load times have been on the back burner for developers for such a long time. I am not sure how that relates or change anything I have stated.

Each company is hyping 4k and in some cases 8k with only double the performance of current gen that was struggling to maintain 4k. There really isn't any head room at higher resolutions and this is made worse if RT is enabled.

Being better at writing code is independent of the hardware.

I don't know why you perpetually set yourself up for disappointment. Its rather bizarre.

so how come games later in the gen look better than launch games if they get 100% out of the system out of the gate?

so your saying when unreal 5 comes we are not going to see better looking games over launch games?

if not then we should just not bother and make unreal 4 the last one to come out.

look guys demon souls is using 100% ps5 and we will not see better looking game all gen long. right thats what your saying.

these machine don't get better over time but there software and game engines do. this is how we get better looking games as the gen goes on.

last of us could not be done years ago. the compression software zlib was not to that level yet. they improved there compression software and how to manage it.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 5816 Posts

I've made the same post so many times. People clamouring for 8k or 120 fps or both. And, well, we can't even do 4k/60fps standard yet.

I don't care about the "upgrade" this gen, when 4k/60fps is not standard. It's ridiculous if you ask me.