Another AAe for the Wii, rounding the total number of Wii AA's up to 80.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fried_Shrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Fried_Shrimp
Member since 2009 • 2902 Posts

NHL Slapshot - one for the Canadians, eh?

Yet another bullet in the "Wii has more highly rating exclusives than any other console" canon.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

You forgot that this is nhl 11 for wii and the ps3/360 version got a 9

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts

nhh18
o lol :lol:
Fried_Shrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fried_Shrimp
Member since 2009 • 2902 Posts

nhh18

No, NHL11 was released on the Wii as well, but it was a poor version. This is a different game and it is exclusive.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

Is this counted as exclusive?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lundy86_4  Online

No, NHL11 was released on the Wii as well, but it was a poor version. This is a different game and it is exclusive.

Fried_Shrimp

Isn't that NHL 2K11?

stvee101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 stvee101
Member since 2006 • 2953 Posts

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

Fried_Shrimp

No, NHL11 was released on the Wii as well, but it was a poor version.

So you got another hockey game thats not quite as good as the HD versions.

Thats cool.

kobraka1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kobraka1
Member since 2009 • 890 Posts

wow. wii fanboys really will hype up anything.

15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 15strong
Member since 2007 • 2806 Posts

A perfect example of how numbers lie. You can say it has 80 aa games but a lot of them don't really count or aren't relevant enough to warrent a prasie for the wii software lineup.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

The game does sound like fun though! I wouldn't mind picking it up.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

80 AA's is pretty meh, 360 and Ps3 have 177/119 respectively. Wii has less than half of 360's total.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

80 AA's is pretty meh, 360 and Ps3 have 177/119 respectively. Wii has less than half of 360's total.

angelkimne
I think TC meant exclusives.
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts
And this is why I have little respect for the AA or AAE category. Games like this sit right next to games like Mass Effect 1, Uncharted 1 and Heavenly Sword??? I am sorry but the AA-A category has been so overly watered down that it's hard to respect that score. The average score for games is anywhere from AA-A and those scores are thrown around like nothing. It takes a game to be completely BROKEN for it to be less then an A. Nintendo and PC fans can be proud of their AA totals but for me, I know when you break it down to a game by game comparison, it's not nearly as impressive.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

And this is why I have little respect for the AA or AAE category. Games like this sit right next to games like Mass Effect 1, Uncharted 1 and Heavenly Sword??? I am sorry but the AA-A category has been so overly watered down that it's hard to respect that score. The average score for games is anywhere from AA-A and those scores are thrown around like nothing. It takes a game to be completely BROKEN for it to be less then an A. Nintendo and PC fans can be proud of their AA totals but for me, I know when you break it down to a game by game comparison, it's not nearly as impressive.Javy03
I don't even consider a lot of GameSpot AAA games impressive. Look at the some of the games they consider AAA: Assassin's Creed, No More Heroes, God of War 3, Halo 3 ODST et cetera. Nobody should harp on GameSpot scores for anything other than the hype/flop game that is here just for crude fun.

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts
another "exclusive" that about 10 people care about. Congrats.
glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10311 Posts

nhh18

Oh snap! This thread backfired. Poor Wii, it would seem as if standards wise stuff is like this PC>PS3/360>Wii

mysterj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mysterj
Member since 2010 • 928 Posts
It's technically a exclusive, nothing to be proud of though cuz HD consoles got an AAA game.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

Yet another bullet in the "Wii has more highly rating exclusives than any other console" canon.

Fried_Shrimp

yet still behind the pc. no need to ignore it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

And this is why I have little respect for the AA or AAE category. Games like this sit right next to games like Mass Effect 1, Uncharted 1 and Heavenly Sword??? I am sorry but the AA-A category has been so overly watered down that it's hard to respect that score. The average score for games is anywhere from AA-A and those scores are thrown around like nothing. It takes a game to be completely BROKEN for it to be less then an A. Nintendo and PC fans can be proud of their AA totals but for me, I know when you break it down to a game by game comparison, it's not nearly as impressive.Javy03

I agree. This is why I have a huge problem with how Gamespot (and many other sites) review "on the curve." They don't utilize the whole scale, they just have a lot of games at the B-AA level, and a few at the 5/10 and AAAA level... 1-5/10 is almost non-existent, despite 5/10 meaning "average," which from how many they hand out, 7.5/10 seems to be GS's "average."

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#21 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

I can't believe people keep count of what games have earned what scores. How lame.

You keep your silly hockey game, I'm still playing Galaxy 2. :P

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#22 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts

Is this counted as exclusive?

lundy86_4
From the GS review: "But nothing about this EA Sports Wii exclusive stands out as much as the fact that you play with the remote and nunchuk crammed into a black contraption that sort of looks like a real hockey stick."
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lundy86_4  Online

From the GS review: "But nothing about this EA Sports Wii exclusive stands out as much as the fact that you play with the remote and nunchuk crammed into a black contraption that sort of looks like a real hockey stick."Stevo_the_gamer

Bah, I forgot to edit. Thanks for the info Stevo.

If I liked hockey games I might have actually looked into it.

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 oldkingallant
Member since 2010 • 4958 Posts

A perfect example of how numbers lie. You can say it has 80 aa games but a lot of them don't really count or aren't relevant enough to warrent a prasie for the wii software lineup.

15strong
But let me guess, all the AA games on the PS3 are worth it right?
15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 15strong

[QUOTE="15strong"]

oldkingallant

Not evne close. I hated modnation racer, never played yakuza, and never played valkyria chronicals. You don't see me making threads about sports champions being another single a game in the bag for sony becasue I don't care about it. Never judge a person by what they have in their sig.

kobraka1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kobraka1
Member since 2009 • 890 Posts

the sad part is they will buy it for $50. the real consoles will get it a few months later as a $10 to $15 download.

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

[QUOTE="Javy03"]And this is why I have little respect for the AA or AAE category. Games like this sit right next to games like Mass Effect 1, Uncharted 1 and Heavenly Sword??? I am sorry but the AA-A category has been so overly watered down that it's hard to respect that score. The average score for games is anywhere from AA-A and those scores are thrown around like nothing. It takes a game to be completely BROKEN for it to be less then an A. Nintendo and PC fans can be proud of their AA totals but for me, I know when you break it down to a game by game comparison, it's not nearly as impressive.Bigboi500

I don't even consider a lot of GameSpot AAA games impressive. Look at the some of the games they consider AAA: Assassin's Creed, No More Heroes, God of War 3, Halo 3 ODST et cetera. Nobody should harp on GameSpot scores for anything other than the hype/flop game that is here just for crude fun.

I am not saying that Gamespot's scores are always spot on. Not by any stretch of the word. All I am saying is AAA games are much fewer and further between and for the most part they do tend to be fantastic games. The problem with AA-A GS games is that most games that don't get a AAA score go there so you either have to sift for gems in the small AAA pile or the very large AA-A pile. I see a better chance of finding a quality AAA game by your standards in GS's AAA pile as opposed to GS's AA-A pile.
Avatar image for SexySasquatch11
SexySasquatch11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SexySasquatch11
Member since 2008 • 500 Posts

[QUOTE="Fried_Shrimp"]

CaseyWegner

yet still behind the pc. no need to ignore it.

Where did anyone say anything about the PC here? Were talking about console games here. Wait why dont you post some Crysis screen shots to compair then against the Wii because that'll be about as productive to this thread as your post...

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

15strong

I don't think you get to decide what counts as relevant. This is the only hockey game I'm getting.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

The Wii still has the worst overall library.... so yeah, not exactly anything to celebrate.

15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 15strong

[QUOTE="15strong"]

goblaa

I don't think you get to decide what counts as relevant. This is the only hockey game I'm getting.

This game is not relevant, wii fit plus is not relevant. Of course I can.I find it crazy that someone will try to claim ownage for a game that is inferior to other hockey games. The problem with system wars is we look at the numbers too much and not at the games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#34 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Wow 80, suddenly my lack of caring is well...still lack of caring.
Phaze-Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Phaze-Two
Member since 2009 • 3444 Posts

[QUOTE="angelkimne"]

bobcheeseball

I think TC meant exclusives.

read the topic title again there, bud

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 oldkingallant

[QUOTE="oldkingallant"][QUOTE="15strong"]

15strong

Not evne close. I hated modnation racer, never played yakuza, and never played valkyria chronicals. You don't see me making threads about sports champions being another single a game in the bag for sony becasue I don't care about it. Never judge a person by what they have in their sig.

So you only play AAA games? That's not exactly something to be proud of...
oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 oldkingallant

The Wii still has the worst overall library.... so yeah, not exactly anything to celebrate.

Shirokishi_
It's a quality vs. quantity question. In quantity it definitely gets crushed, but its AAA titles on Metacritic easily have the highest average score of any platform.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
[QUOTE="15strong"]

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

[QUOTE="15strong"]

This game is not relevant, wii fit plus is not relevant. Of course I can.I find it crazy that someone will try to claim ownage for a game that is inferior to other hockey games. The problem with system wars is we look at the numbers too much and not at the games.

This game is relevent as any other game. It got a good score, and for those for be interested in a game like this, its very much relevent. There are many games better or worse than others, don't make them not worth playing. Your last statement is a bit of contradiction, you look at numbers too much but not the games, yet with this, you be judging it based on it number compared to other games of catagory.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Geez, forget the review scores for a minute. Bottom line; it looks like a fun game, especially for two people. I cant wait for a PS3 Move version, or hell, even Kinect...you could use a real hocky stick with that if you wanted to.....

This is a video game....please try to have some fun will ya?

antifanboyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 antifanboyftw
Member since 2007 • 2214 Posts

[QUOTE="15strong"]

[QUOTE="oldkingallant"] But let me guess, all the AA games on the PS3 are worth it right?oldkingallant

quality over quantity. and it was mentioned earlier in here but only a few AA games (like uncharted 1 and Mass effect 1) are worth it. some random hockey game when the HD versions got a 9? if i cared about hockey, i wouldn't choose the AA version.

EDIT: now i see you already mentioned the metacritic argument, but remember we go by this site and i seriously don't even feel like looking at all the numbers again today. be back tommorrow.

15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 15strong

[QUOTE="15strong"]

[QUOTE="oldkingallant"] But let me guess, all the AA games on the PS3 are worth it right?oldkingallant

Becasue me hating 3 AA games really means I only like AAA games. I like Final fantasy 13, heavy rain, Mafia 2, red faction, just casue 2, bioshock 2, rachet and clank, and mirrors edge. Why would you even take a statement about me not liking some AAE's and turn it into "I only play AAA's."

This game is probably fun but it is not worthy of mentioning when talking anout quality exclusives.

JonSnow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JonSnow777
Member since 2009 • 787 Posts

I can't believe that Wayne Gretzky let that picture be used as the cover art.