Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 1555 Posts

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/dreams

Eventhough the GS review isn't out yet it seems it's doing well. It's also completely different then single player story driven games that alot of people on this forum hate.

Are you all excited about this ?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 37060 Posts

You are late.

And I don't think anyone should spend time developing anything on Dreams in its current state because your work is locked to the PS4. Time to port it to PC or it will die.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 R-Gamer

@Pedro: It would still be successful on the PS4 but of all games that I would be ok with porting to PC it would be this.

briguyb13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 3471 Posts

Nah.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 25018 Posts

@Pedro: while I agree it should come to PC, saying it would die is extreme. LBP was successful on PS3 and also had a title on Vita. There are 110 million PS4s out there. It will find a home.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 5870 Posts

I don't see the point when you could learn how to use real game dev tools.

I guess it's a cool toy.

I think anyone considering spending a lot of effort using this should re-evaluate the tools at their disposal though.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1537 Posts

Not sure what you mean by “creations locked to PS4”, but before you start playing the game you are asked if you want your creations to be visible on their website. Plus it’s a PlayStation exclusive game. It’s not supposed to be on PC or Xbox/Switch.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 29407 Posts

Not interested in this myself. I tried to get into the Little Big Planet games but just couldn’t plus I‘m just not digging the art style.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R-Gamer

@Archangel3371: You can do just about whatever art style you want for dreams.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 29407 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@Archangel3371: You can do just about whatever art style you want for dreams.

Everything that I’ve seen on it just hasn’t seemed appealing to me though.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 4526 Posts

Amazing what qualifies as an AAA game these days.....

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4000 Posts

I create game art for a living, the last thing I want to do when I unwind is use an inefficient game dev tool to make more games.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 40452 Posts

*Scatches head*

I mean, we already have a thread praising Dreams like not too long ago. Why do we need another one?

Link: Dreams first review

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R-Gamer

@davillain-: That thread shows one review. It is now 90+ on Metacritic.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 40452 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@davillain-: That thread shows one review. It is now 90+ on Metacritic.

Errr okay.

Anyways, I did play it from the Early Access, I would wish Dreams was Little Big Planet 4 since it's a well known brand name. I don't expect Dreams to be a solid mega hit but I'm sure it'll do fine on it's own I hope. To tell you the truth, I don't think Sony fans aren't hype for Dreams, we are all waiting for TLOU2, the true AAA Sony exclusive we all want to play this very badly.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 2697 Posts

not really my cup of tea. i may have to wait for ff7 remake to undust my ps4

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 14378 Posts

I pay devs to make games for me, not pay devs for creation tools to make my own games, and the stupid part is that people will buy this smh.

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ProtossRushX  Online
Member since 2007 • 5945 Posts

Mario Maker 2 is better than this game

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 29636 Posts

@i_p_daily:

That is one of the most moronic and stupid ass excuse to downplay a game I have read in quite a while.

If dreams was name Forza and allowed you to create your own damn tracks,cars and extras you would be all over it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pedro

@tormentos said:

@i_p_daily:

That is one of the most moronic and stupid ass excuse to downplay a game I have read in quite a while.

If dreams was name Forza and allowed you to create your own damn tracks,cars and extras you would be all over it.

The difference is, what you described is a game that allows you to customize versus Dreams which can barely be consider a game. Its almost akin to calling Unreal Engine a game and being annoyed that some gamers are not interested in making their own games but rather play games.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54851 Posts

@Pedro said:
@tormentos said:

@i_p_daily:

The difference is, what you described is a game that allows you to customize versus Dreams which can barely be consider a game. Its almost akin to calling Unreal Engine a game and being annoyed that some gamers are not interested in making their own games but rather play games.

Yeah, there is a gaping difference between a game you wish to play, and a game in which you wish to solely create a game. Can you play MM made levels/games? If not, it's entirely different from creating custom tracks/cars.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tormentos

@Pedro:

There is no difference the point is you Create the customisation just like you create a game.

This type of games are not new and in fact Minecraft is one of the biggest create your shit games put there and didn't see many lemmings crying about it.

So you see customizing or entirely creating a game is are tied and require hours of effort either way.

Again games like this have existed for ages,I remember RPG maker for PS1 this type of games obviously are not for everyone but again if the game was me Forza I am sure it would be tag as the most innovative racer.

By the way define what a game is.

Do have enjoyment and fun while making the game? So you are playing with it?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pedro

@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

There is no difference the point is you Create the customisation just like you create a game.

This type of games are not new and in fact Minecraft is one of the biggest create your shit games put there and didn't see many lemmings crying about it.

So you see customizing or entirely creating a game is are tied and require hours of effort either way.

Again games like this have existed for ages,I remember RPG maker for PS1 this type of games obviously are not for everyone but again if the game was me Forza I am sure it would be tag as the most innovative racer.

By the way define what a game is.

Do have enjoyment and fun while making the game? So you are playing with it?

Dreams is not comparable to Minecraft. Dreams is closer to Project Spark. Minecraft is a game in which you can manipulate the pre-existing world and not the actual game. Dreams is a software that allows you to make "any" game. You are trying to redefine things to fit your argument but that is not how things work. It is in Dreams best interest to promote it for what it is rather than trying to promote it for what it is NOT.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 7018 Posts

Congrats to MM. I do am a bit pissed at Sony for not spending more money to promote the game.

xHedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xHedon
Member since 2018 • 223 Posts

I’ll get the impending PC version.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 I_P_Daily

@tormentos said:

@i_p_daily:

No you muppet I want to play games, that's what I PAY money for.

I don't want to sit there for hours upon hours to create something from the ground up as I will then know everything about it and thus not really want to play it.

Your Forza comparison is stupid but that's par for the course with you. In Forza there is a game world already created, and it also allows you to make you own races, but the world is still there you only choose to race around it in different ways.

You're just salty because I have no interest in this and think i'm just having a go at your mum Sony so you need to run in and defend her.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#27 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2687 Posts

This is not AAA lol...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tormentos

@Pedro:

Stop.

Any game that require you to create something or even customize could be seen that way.

Is just a shitty way to downplay a game period.

Can you physically input lines of code to actually create something on dreams?

No you are given a pre made set of tools to make soemthing,just like you are given tools to create and modify things on Minecraft.

So no is not different,you are not coding a game you are using tools already made for YOU.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-forge

Because creating is great but only on Xbox.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 5986 Posts

@i_p_daily: You can still play the game, its time to stop being such a dipshit IP. I bought LBP not because I wanted to create but because I wanted to play potentially millions of newly created content. Same with Mario Maker, and now Dreams. You don't have to spend time creating you can just enjoy other peoples creations which can be at times better then the devs stuff.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tormentos

@i_p_daily said:

I don't want to sit there for hours upon hours to create something from the ground up as I will then know everything about it and thus not really want to play it.

Your Forza comparison is stupid but that's par for the course with you. In Forza there is a game world already created, and it also allows you to make you own races, but the world is still there you only choose to race around it in different ways.

You're just salty because I have no interest in this and think i'm just having a go at your mum Sony so you need to run in and defend her.

You calling me a muppet? You who defend any crap MS does and cry rivers of tears for anything sony does?

Your excuse is that just a damn shitty excuse to downplay a game that until now is getting good scores.

Same thing with you downplaying metacritic because it doesn't serve your argument because the xbox outside of Forza has basically sucked this gen score wise on its so call exclusives.

A game is a Game period,you can cry all you want about it all you want,games such a little big planet proved how great it can be and how was even embrase by a community who shared those GAMES they created.

On dreams you are creating with tools already create for you,it just have a deeper level of custominzation than other games,but you are not freaking coding the game on the fly or close.

You have no interest on anything sony lemming so what cow would be salty because a die hard lemming is not interested in something playstation?

Again 92% as of now and only on PS4..lol

When was the last time the xbox saw a game with those 2 parameters.

By all means keep your tears flowing,oh and still to come FF7 and TLOU 2 damn just like in 2013 sony is moving to a new platform with force.

@vfighter said:

@i_p_daily: You can still play the game, its time to stop being such a dipshit IP. I bought LBP not because I wanted to create but because I wanted to play potentially millions of newly created content. Same with Mario Maker, and now Dreams. You don't have to spend time creating you can just enjoy other peoples creations which can be at times better then the devs stuff.

Please don't bring logic into this thread as both Pedro and I_cry_daily can't see that even if you don't create shit you can still play thounsad of games and content created yes PLAY.

But some how is not a game for them..lol

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By I_P_Daily

@vfighter said:

So you payed money to devs who were too lazy to create content and waits for the general public to do it for them, and you have the nerve to call me a dipshit.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 I_P_Daily

@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

You calling me a muppet? You who defend any crap MS does and cry rivers of tears for anything sony does?

Your excuse is that just a damn shitty excuse to downplay a game that until now is getting good scores.

Same thing with you downplaying metacritic because it doesn't serve your argument because the xbox outside of Forza has basically sucked this gen score wise on its so call exclusives.

A game is a Game period,you can cry all you want about it all you want,games such a little big planet proved how great it can be and how was even embrase by a community who shared those GAMES they created.

On dreams you are creating with tools already create for you,it just have a deeper level of custominzation than other games,but you are not freaking coding the game on the fly or close.

You have no interest on anything sony lemming so what cow would be salty because a die hard lemming is not interested in something playstation?

Again 92% as of now and only on PS4..lol

When was the last time the xbox saw a game with those 2 parameters.

By all means keep your tears flowing,oh and still to come FF7 and TLOU 2 damn just like in 2013 sony is moving to a new platform with force.

I've always said metashitic is just that SHIT, even though my favourite games have scored highly on it, its shit no matter what, now you can stick metashitic where the sun doesn't shine.

The only one crying in here is you, I mean look at what i'm quoting, I mean if a Kleenex rep saw it they would sponsor you, imaging the ad, Kleenex so soft even a man with baby thumbs can use them lol.

As for the bold part, well you just described yourself to a tea.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 25231 Posts

Wow! Yet another AAA exclusive for the amazing PS4! Incredible!

But if I'm gonna be serious, no. I'm not excited.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Pedro

@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

Stop.

Any game that require you to create something or even customize could be seen that way.

Is just a shitty way to downplay a game period.

Can you physically input lines of code to actually create something on dreams?

No you are given a pre made set of tools to make soemthing,just like you are given tools to create and modify things on Minecraft.

So no is not different,you are not coding a game you are using tools already made for YOU.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-forge

Because creating is great but only on Xbox.

Its always funny reading things from folks like you who are always in fanboy mode.

There is FACTUALLY no software on any console like Dreams. Key word software because it focuses on the creation of games rather than playing a an a pre-existing game. That is the strength of Dreams. You being incapable of understanding its strengths is shows how you are fanboy just cause.

With all of that said, you are a genuine fool if you think Dreams is equivalent to Halo Forge (Halo Forge is only PC). Stop being a fanboy. You have suckled on your fan-hood so much that you don't even realize you are undermining Dreams by classifying it with games that just allow you to customize a pre-existing game. What an idiot.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 R-Gamer

@KillzoneSnake: 9+ is AAA. Sorry I meant it in that way.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 R-Gamer

@Pedro:

"There is FACTUALLY no software on any console like Dreams."

Isn't that a good thing? Sony gets ripped on this forum for not having enough diversity in their genres.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pedro

@r-gamer said:

@Pedro:

"There is FACTUALLY no software on any console like Dreams."

Isn't that a good thing? Sony gets ripped on this forum for not having enough diversity in their genres.

Yes! That is why it should be promoted as such. Promoting it as just a game is not only misleading but underselling what it offers. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who wants to play a game but its a killer app for people who always wanted to make games but other means made it inaccessible. This is why I think having a PC version which gamers can more effectively create their games that can be shared on both PC and Playstation would be a positive more for it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tormentos

@i_p_daily said:

So you payed money to devs who were too lazy to create content and waites for the general public to do it for them, and you have the nerve to call me a dipshit.

Now this is total bullcrap and stupidy on your part.

DO you have to code your self the damn game?

How the developers were lazy when they created the tool you will use to creat your own game?

Again do you know how in hell games are made.?

Do you know how much a freaking devepment kit is worth?

You are not a dipshit you are a cry baby as simply as that,you simply will make the most pathetic ass excuses i have seen here since the days of Blackace and Dynamitecop.

This kind of games have existed before the xbox brand even existed,in fact what the fu** do you think Mods are?

Loading Video...

This is UT3.

Loading Video...

This is a mod for the PS3 version.

Loading Video...

Do i even have to say more? What is this? Isn't UT3 a FPS?

How come you can play on a mario like level with Master chief on PS3?

This is user created content Dreams is like this but with a deeper level of customization.

The whole lazy developer excuse is a joke,you do know the kind of work developers most do to ensure you can created your own content and that it work?

In fact how long has dreams been in development?

It has been in deveploment since 2015,is close to 5 years on the damn making one thing those developers are not is lazy.

The problem here is simple you are a die hard xbox fan,you have zero knowledge on what take to make a game,how costly it is and how hard,because you are only on the receiving end.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#39  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 29753 Posts

@i_p_daily: Some people enjoy building things. You are not a creative person, fair enough, but being against creativity is just sad...

Anyway, i told you that Dreams would get very positive reception. You just prefered to ignore the word of someone who had been experiencing if for a year, and focus on your own blind hate.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By tormentos

@Pedro said:

Its always funny reading things from folks like you who are always in fanboy mode.

There is FACTUALLY no software on any console like Dreams. Key word software because it focuses on the creation of games rather than playing a an a pre-existing game. That is the strength of Dreams. You being incapable of understanding its strengths is shows how you are fanboy just cause.

With all of that said, you are a genuine fool if you think Dreams is equivalent to Halo Forge (Halo Forge is only PC). Stop being a fanboy. You have suckled on your fan-hood so much that you don't even realize you are undermining Dreams by classifying it with games that just allow you to customize a pre-existing game. What an idiot.

Well that is the problem almost everyone has here including your self.

Just like LBP was focus on creating,and even to a lesser extent Mod Nation Racers.

Loading Video...

This is something that has been happening for a LONG time,and now all of the sudden people want to complain about it.

LBP was basically that and was quite popular and very good rated as well.

Actually i don't even need to create anything to play Dreams and you can't grasp that because your are incapable of seen the bigger picture.

You will have access to thousands of levels created so even if you don't feel like creating anything i am sure you will find things to play,this is not a game for everyone just like Halo isn't or God of War some people can't stand FPS other can't stand adventure games,or RPG,most lemmings here by odd coinsidence don't like Japanese RPG because well we know how BLAND the xbox has been on this department so rather than not liking something because it doesn't appeal to them,they do so because they have nothing of that sort.

And dreams is only on Playstation,you are the one who need to stop trying to outsmart people everytime you simply don't have what it take.

Fact is i have reference several games already,and i can even dive deeper bringing PC mods and other games that were sold on PC so you could create games as well,so again what were are looking here is the classic lets downplay this because we don't have it argument that you lemmings adore.

Like BC is king,or cross play now matter,or how now and all of the sudden exclusives don't matter to YOU,yeah this gen.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 me2002
Member since 2002 • 2196 Posts

Another 90+ game!

Sony haters am cry.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By tormentos

@Pedro said:

Yes! That is why it should be promoted as such. Promoting it as just a game is not only misleading but underselling what it offers. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who wants to play a game but its a killer app for people who always wanted to make games but other means made it inaccessible. This is why I think having a PC version which gamers can more effectively create their games that can be shared on both PC and Playstation would be a positive more for it.

Define what a game is.

If i buy something that let me create a game but i don't creat anything could it stil be market as a game? What if the marketing say play tons of games created by other players,how Dreams can't be consider a game if you wil play those levels?

@PAL360 said:

@i_p_daily: Some people enjoy building things. You are not a creative person, fair enough, but being against creativity is just sad...

Anyway, i told you that Dreams would get very positive reception. You just prefered to ignore the word of someone who had been experiencing if for a year, and focus on your own blind hate.

It could not be say any better. 👌

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pedro

@tormentos:

All of that babble and you still can't counter below instead you double down on being wrong

Maybe next time you will have a solid argument. :)

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 I_P_Daily

@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

So you payed money to devs who were too lazy to create content and waites for the general public to do it for them, and you have the nerve to call me a dipshit.

Now this is total bullcrap and stupidy on your part.

DO you have to code your self the damn game?

How the developers were lazy when they created the tool you will use to creat your own game?

Again do you know how in hell games are made.?

Do you know how much a freaking devepment kit is worth?

You are not a dipshit you are a cry baby as simply as that,you simply will make the most pathetic ass excuses i have seen here since the days of Blackace and Dynamitecop.

This kind of games have existed before the xbox brand even existed,in fact what the fu** do you think Mods are?

Loading Video...

This is UT3.

Loading Video...

This is a mod for the PS3 version.

Loading Video...

Do i even have to say more? What is this? Isn't UT3 a FPS?

How come you can play on a mario like level with Master chief on PS3?

This is user created content Dreams is like this but with a deeper level of customization.

The whole lazy developer excuse is a joke,you do know the kind of work developers most do to ensure you can created your own content and that it work?

In fact how long has dreams been in development?

It has been in deveploment since 2015,is close to 5 years on the damn making one thing those developers are not is lazy.

The problem here is simple you are a die hard xbox fan,you have zero knowledge on what take to make a game,how costly it is and how hard,because you are only on the receiving end.

Honestly I wouldn't waste my time as you are a lost cause.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 8873 Posts

I'm glad this game is releasing to acclaim. Media molecule is such a great developer.

I look forward to getting this game.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 I_P_Daily
@PAL360 said:

You know what they say when one assumes right? I am actually a creative person as I like to draw/sketch.

So imagine Dreams being like a comic book where they sell you blank pages (creation tools) and you need to do the sketches and the story yourself, then you know the start beginning, middle & end, that is not exciting to me and one shouldn't have to pay for it either.

Then you have the option to sift through everyone else's creations to try & find something interesting while playing loads of crap in the process.

Then there's the issue where Sony are making money off of other peoples creations, because people have taking their time to create worlds within the game that one pays money to Sony to have access to them.

I also don't care about scores as I have said from when I first joined here, and again you are assuming accusing me of blind hate, I do not hate Dreams, I just take exception to people calling it a game and Sony are making money off of others who are creating the content for the game while having the nerve to charge people for it.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PAL360

@i_p_daily: We all knew from the start that Dreams would rely on the community to succeed. Also you are not necessarily working if you like what you are doing. That's what hobbies are for.

You compared Dreams to a comic book, but why not compare it to the tools you use to make your draws ans sketches? I'm sure those tools are not for free either.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 3799 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Congrats to MM. I do am a bit pissed at Sony for not spending more money to promote the game.

This. Dreams is the best game on Ps4 imo, and the game I have been most interested in. I'm into building games, so this is so great that Ps4 finally has something that has truly justified my purchase of the Ps4 Pro (took them long enough lol)

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By I_P_Daily

@PAL360 said:

@i_p_daily: We all knew from the start that Dreams would rely on the community to succeed. Also you are not necessarily working if you like what you are doing. That's what hobbies are for.

You compared Dreams to a comic book, but why not compare it to the tools you use to make your draws ans sketches? I'm sure those tools are not for free either.

No they're not free, but everyone knows that you purchase them for a specific use. Now where talking about a video game where the game part is missing waiting for you or other people to create the content, that's totally different.

Also if someone wanted to use my drawings/sketches than I could let them or make them compensate me for it, with Dreams Sony is making money off of the publics work.

Playing games is not work, creating games is considered work which is why the people who make them get paid a wage.

I'm not saying Dreams is shit or the like, just that it isn't a game, just tools to help aid the user to create their own work and Sony is making money off of it.

I wanted to ask since you are the SW resident Dreams expert, with this content that is created by the user is it full campaigns full of texts (I assume safely there is no voice overs) with bosses etc lasting for 10hrs or so, or is it just one level where you wonder around like what I've seen when ever a video was produced for the game?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By PAL360

@i_p_daily: You keep using wrong arguments like 'Dreams is not a game'. Lets pretend that there weren't building tools, and hundreds of thousands of community projects already available, Dreams came out with a short, yet fantastic campaign, and many mini-games made by Mm (a shoot em up, some platformers, etc). That alone would be worth the 40 euros. But then again, you would be ignoring the best part of Dreams.

As for your question, there are a ton of great looking, polished, voice acted, and fairily long games made by users already. I just released the third area of my beat 'em up, which already had many enemy types, 3 bosses, etc.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Genesis8012/status/1228022423280345088

It's insane to imagine what people will manage to do in years ;)