Angry Joe reviews Killzone: Shadow Fall

  • 125 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for nervmeister
#1 Edited by nervmeister (15378 posts) -

Going in, be aware that this review is brutally honest. However, it's done thoughtfully and isn't blatantly flaming either the game or PS4. That said, Angry Joe was left disappointed overall with the final product.

Avatar image for Razor_defiace
#2 Posted by Razor_defiace (1618 posts) -

I would be too. The game has too many boring segments.

They tried to do a sandbox game, but failed to include good encounters and situations. The story is also quite bland and doesn't pull you in from the start. It's good that they branched off from completely linear corridor shooting, but next time they should do more work on the gameplay and story pacing.

Can't believe how boring the launch titles are for this generation. Both Microsoft's and Sony's 1st party/2nd party launch titles are quite disappointing.

Avatar image for Nengo_Flow
#3 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -

Angry Joe.... that dude tries way too hard. He's been at it for years still trying to make a name of himself, but he still in the category of Youtube Poop.

Avatar image for casharmy
#4 Posted by casharmy (9388 posts) -

amazing review

justified his 6.0 review much better than GS justified their 7.0 and it was fvcking hilarious to boot. I hope he does more reviews.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#5 Posted by nintendoboy16 (33235 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

Angry Joe.... that dude tries way too hard. He's been at it for years still trying to make a name of himself, but he still in the category of Youtube Poop.

I like Angry Joe personally. If you want a gamer on YT that tries too hard these days, see: DarkSydePhil.

Avatar image for XxR3m1xInHDn3D
#6 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

Hopefully cows don't get too emotional over this review and do something stupid like send him parcels

Avatar image for JohnF111
#7 Posted by JohnF111 (14187 posts) -

He's not a bad reviewer, but if he could do away with the pointless humour and overreactions then I might take him seriously as a reviewer, at least he isn't a fanboy which I commend.

Avatar image for jhcho2
#8 Posted by jhcho2 (4998 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

Angry Joe.... that dude tries way too hard. He's been at it for years still trying to make a name of himself, but he still in the category of Youtube Poop.

He has a million subscribers, as many as Boogie. By what criteria do you judge whether someone has made a name for himself on Youtube?

Avatar image for Nengo_Flow
#9 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -

LOL he complained that the game didnt have aim assist in multiplayer.

WTF??????????????

Avatar image for padaporra
#10 Posted by padaporra (3508 posts) -

Angre Joe might be the best reviewer out there. He actually takes the time to explain the game and what and why he didn't like.

Avatar image for Nengo_Flow
#11 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -

@JohnF111 said:

He's not a bad reviewer, but if he could do away with the pointless humour and overreactions then I might take him seriously as a reviewer, at least he isn't a fanboy which I commend.

eh................. Im not saying hes is a fanboy, but........... he went an entire gen without reviewing any Playstation games... just PC 360

Avatar image for BluRayHiDef
#12 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

I think this guy's a cornball, so I couldn't care less about his opinion. Also, his accent is terrible.

Avatar image for kaealy
#13 Edited by kaealy (2118 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Angry Joe.... that dude tries way too hard. He's been at it for years still trying to make a name of himself, but he still in the category of Youtube Poop.

I like Angry Joe personally. If you want a gamer on YT that tries too hard these days, see: DarkSydePhil.

His more popular reviews usually get more than 1 million views, how is that youtube poop? He makes less videos but get a lot of views, that how he's making a living of it instead of all the other shit on youtube that releases 2-3 videos a day.

Avatar image for casharmy
#14 Posted by casharmy (9388 posts) -

@padaporra said:

Angre Joe might be the best reviewer out there. He actually takes the time to explain the game and what and why he didn't like.

agreed.

He doesn't try to disguise his opinion as fact just gives an honest in-dept review of the game and his experience and how he feels about it over all. don't have to agree with his opinion of the over-all game but he give a much better view of what the games offers and why he felt that way than just saying "the campain was lacking" and then tossing a score down.

easily much better review than the one done here on GS.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#15 Edited by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

Joe is usally pretty damn honest. Good review

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#16 Posted by uninspiredcup (24321 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

Angry Joe.... that dude tries way too hard. He's been at it for years still trying to make a name of himself, but he still in the category of Youtube Poop.

I know who he is. Who are you?

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#17 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (4925 posts) -

Great review. He's so funny.

Avatar image for Flubbbs
#18 Edited by Flubbbs (4792 posts) -

i like AJ.. its about time time, its been a while since his last review

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#19 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

About halfway through.... this is a great review.

Cows will likely try to dismiss what he's saying though but it sounds like this Killzone has the same problems as all the others. Good gameplay and stunning visuals but sinfully boring on a narrative level

Avatar image for killzowned24
#20 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

His ryse review should be great. he was already calling it a pos in 5 minutes of his stream and quit playing within 30 min..lol

Avatar image for Ninja-Hippo
#21 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23434 posts) -

Who cares? Legitimately though, who gives even a tiny fraction of a shit about what some clown on YouTube thinks of a game?


Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#22 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

His ryse review should be great. he was already calling it a pos in 5 minutes of his stream and quit playing within 30 min..lol

Would you blame him? It looked awful

Avatar image for AtariKidX
#23 Posted by AtariKidX (6991 posts) -

Funny....lol

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#24 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (4925 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

LOL he complained that the game didnt have aim assist in multiplayer.

WTF??????????????

I would too, since analog sticks for aiming aren't that accurate.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#25 Edited by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef said:

I think this guy's a cornball, so I couldn't care less about his opinion. Also, his accent is terrible.

What a great way to refute what he's saying.

Avatar image for Ninja-Hippo
#26 Edited by Ninja-Hippo (23434 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

I think this guy's a cornball, so I couldn't care less about his opinion. Also, his accent is terrible.

What a great way to refute what he's saying.

How do you refute an opinion? All you can do is point out what an insufferable chasm of noise the source is.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#27 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

I think this guy's a cornball, so I couldn't care less about his opinion. Also, his accent is terrible.

What a great way to refute what he's saying.

How do you refute an opinion? All you can do is point out what an insufferable chasm of noise the source is.

You could at least listen to what he says and then react to it rather than just writing him off because you dislike him for petty personal reasons.

Sure he's loud and can be obnoxious at times but the stuff he says is decent and worth paying attention to

If you're not even gonna listen to what he has to say then what's the point of being here? To let us all know just how much you dislike him?

Avatar image for Newhopes
#28 Posted by Newhopes (4756 posts) -

Why do you think I call it borezone?

Avatar image for Ninja-Hippo
#29 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23434 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

I think this guy's a cornball, so I couldn't care less about his opinion. Also, his accent is terrible.

What a great way to refute what he's saying.

How do you refute an opinion? All you can do is point out what an insufferable chasm of noise the source is.

You could at least listen to what he says and then react to it rather than just writing him off because you dislike him for petty personal reasons.

Sure he's loud and can be obnoxious at times but the stuff he says is decent and worth paying attention to

If you're not even gonna listen to what he has to say then what's the point of being here? To let us all know just how much you dislike him?

I cannot listen to his insufferable whiney screaming for 30 straight minutes. The summary he gives of why he doesn't like it is exactly what every other review says; it looks nice but it's boring, by-the-numbers and the story is poor.

Read an actual intelligible review and spare yourself the torture of having to listen to him.

As for your last sentence - yes? Isn't that obvious?

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#30 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

I cannot listen to his insufferable whiney screaming for 30 straight minutes. The summary he gives of why he doesn't like it is exactly what every other review says; it looks nice but it's boring, by-the-numbers and the story is poor.

Read an actual intelligible review and spare yourself the torture of having to listen to him.

As for your last sentence - yes? Isn't that obvious?

I do read those reviews. I do both. I like Joe because he actually explains things in more detail where normal reviewers just give a few sentences and he usually has a lot of relevant clips to show that relate to what he says.

If you dislike him so much then why not just ignore the thread? Seems a bit pointless to come in and tell us that you dislike him

Avatar image for Suppaman100
#31 Posted by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

@casharmy said:

amazing review

justified his 6.0 review much better than GS justified their 7.0 and it was fvcking hilarious to boot. I hope he does more reviews.

This.

Avatar image for Ninja-Hippo
#32 Edited by Ninja-Hippo (23434 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

I cannot listen to his insufferable whiney screaming for 30 straight minutes. The summary he gives of why he doesn't like it is exactly what every other review says; it looks nice but it's boring, by-the-numbers and the story is poor.

Read an actual intelligible review and spare yourself the torture of having to listen to him.

As for your last sentence - yes? Isn't that obvious?

I do read those reviews. I do both. I like Joe because he actually explains things in more detail where normal reviewers just give a few sentences and he usually has a lot of relevant clips to show that relate to what he says.

If you dislike him so much then why not just ignore the thread? Seems a bit pointless to come in and tell us that you dislike him

Why are you getting so butthurt? Sometimes people dont like the same things you like.

Avatar image for PS360Wii4eva
#33 Edited by PS360Wii4eva (297 posts) -

This fvcking attitude is why kz was so ill received.

Should've stayed with Xbox, not welcome in PS community

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#34 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

Why are you getting so butthurt? Sometimes people dont like the same things you like.

I don't mind if people don't like the same things as me. But to dislike it for such petty reasons doesn't seem right.

Also "butthurt"? really?

Avatar image for rjdofu
#35 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

Joe's contents are as great as usual, though I wish he could stop all those bullshit at the beginning of all of his videos.

Avatar image for edidili
#36 Posted by edidili (3449 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

Angry Joe.... that dude tries way too hard. He's been at it for years still trying to make a name of himself, but he still in the category of Youtube Poop.

I really don't care if he didn't become this whatever superstar you think he should be. I like the guy.

Avatar image for KillzoneSnake
#37 Posted by KillzoneSnake (2186 posts) -

What a casual. Spends most of the time talking about single player and then says online is better but complains online has no aim assist. lol

Avatar image for jeffmonster
#38 Posted by jeffmonster (511 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

LOL he complained that the game didnt have aim assist in multiplayer.

WTF??????????????

I would too, since analog sticks for aiming aren't that accurate.

Analog sticks = closer to reality. Shooting accurately should be difficult. Aiming with a mouse is just plain dumb......point and click.....yea!!!!!

Avatar image for edidili
#39 Posted by edidili (3449 posts) -

@jeffmonster said:

Analog sticks = closer to reality. Shooting accurately should be difficult. Aiming with a mouse is just plain dumb......point and click.....yea!!!!!

Not this again.

Avatar image for KillzoneSnake
#40 Posted by KillzoneSnake (2186 posts) -

@edidili said:

@jeffmonster said:

Analog sticks = closer to reality. Shooting accurately should be difficult. Aiming with a mouse is just plain dumb......point and click.....yea!!!!!

Not this again.

He is right. I used to be PC gamer, i dominate it. Just check my blog, i had more than 4 KDR on small elimination games of AA... thats higher than any console FPS i played. Aiming with mouse takes skill too but its way easier, controller IMO is more of a challenge and fun.

Avatar image for edidili
#41 Posted by edidili (3449 posts) -

@KillzoneSnake said:

He is right. I used to be PC gamer, i dominate it. Just check my blog, i had more than 4 KDR on small elimination games of AA... thats higher than any console FPS i played. Aiming with mouse takes skill too but its way easier, controller IMO is more of a challenge and fun.

Of course it's way easier but then again you're playing against other mouse users so that is not an advantage anymore.

If you want to do it like real men do it you play FPSs with steering wheels.

Avatar image for cain006
#42 Edited by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Those levels do look boring. I played like 3 hours of Killzone 3 and it just wasn't fun. I'm guessing the whole series is like that.

Avatar image for KillzoneSnake
#43 Edited by KillzoneSnake (2186 posts) -

@edidili said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

He is right. I used to be PC gamer, i dominate it. Just check my blog, i had more than 4 KDR on small elimination games of AA... thats higher than any console FPS i played. Aiming with mouse takes skill too but its way easier, controller IMO is more of a challenge and fun.

Of course it's way easier but then again you're playing against other mouse users so that is not an advantage anymore.

If you want to do it like real men do it you play FPSs with steering wheels.

Not sure if possible lol. With controller you can play just fine, you just dont have the insane accuracy you can get with a mouse.

Avatar image for Heil68
#44 Posted by Heil68 (57461 posts) -

I havent watched him in a long time. The novelty of it is wearing off.

Avatar image for edidili
#45 Posted by edidili (3449 posts) -

@KillzoneSnake said:

Not sure if possible lol.

Well do you want to make it even harder to be closer to reality? I mean sure real soldiers don't kill people with wheels but they don't use controllers and mice either unless they control drones.

These are games. What matters in the end is if they're fun or not. Their end goal is not to mimic the reality but to create fun gameplay mechanisms. There is a reason Mario is not a kinect-like game where you have to jump in real to make the character jump. Sure is closer to reality but is not fun, just tiring after the fourth jump.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#46 Edited by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I havent watched him in a long time. The novelty of it is wearing off.

I'd say the novelty wore off LONG ago. He still has some great insights into some games though and reviews them very honestly.

It's a shame so many people can't get passed his loud obnoxious youtube persona though

Avatar image for dvalo9
#47 Posted by dvalo9 (1301 posts) -

He is more of an rpg fan and his review is pretty fair. But he is a bit obnoxious and it can be hard to watch his reviews some times

Avatar image for dvalo9
#48 Posted by dvalo9 (1301 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin:

Yeah he does have great insights and valid points in his reviews but it can be a pain and cringeworthy to watch him sometimes.

Avatar image for drekula2
#49 Posted by drekula2 (3349 posts) -

keep in mind with angry joe, 5 for him is average (not 7).

his 6 is equal to many people's 7.5's

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
#50 Posted by foxhound_fox (96419 posts) -

Nobody sits that close to a TV.