Analysis: PS3 vs Xbox 360 which controller is better for games

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wwedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 wwedx
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts
The age old debate of which controller is better, the PS3 Dualshock 3 or the Xbox 360 gamepad has raged on for years. Today, I will take the time to settle all the misconceptions and break down which controller is better for what type of game. I have performed an analysis on shooters, fighters and racers using various games to perform the shake-down test.

I will first start off with the actual dimensions, and then move onto the different game genres the controllers might be better suited for.

Dimensions

Contrary to popular belief, both the PS3 dualshock 3 (DS3) and the Xbox 360 gamepad are quite similar in size. With both controllers laid out, the dimensions of the controllers are roughly 6 x 3.5 x 2 inches. There is a misconception that the Xbox 360 controller is bigger than the PS3 controller which is false. The Xbox 360 controller however does have slightly more girth around the handle area causing you to cradle the controller instead of grasping it like the DS3.

Fighters - Soul Calibur (Xbox 360 & PS3 versions)

Fighters such as Street Fighter, Tekken and Soul Calibur require the use of the d-pad to execute precise moves. However, due to the finicky nature of executing a move, exact precision is required. When observing the d-pad of both the Xbox 360 and the PS3, gamers will notice a significant difference between the two.

On the Xbox 360, the d-pad is utterly useless due to its odd design. Moves are extremely hard to execute because you literally feel like you are trying to move a single piece of plastic, versus having independent up, down, left and right angles.

This is where the PS3 dualshock controller excels. The d-pad on the DS3 is actually quite good. The angles are very easy to hit on the d-pad to execute special moves in games. Despite being on a single piece, the d-pad actually feels like the up, down, left, and right angles are on separate buttons due to its partitioned bending design. When you press down, the character will actually squat or sidestep down, instead of starting to walk forward or backwards due to inaccuracy.

Before you go off blaming Microsoft on the poor d-pad design, blame Sony and Nintendo for holding two of the best d-pad patents on the market.

Winner - PS3

Racers: Forza Motorsports 2 (Xbox 360) vs. Gran Turismo Prologue (PS3)

Racers rely on two important things, horizontal movement and acceleration and deceleration. Considering that the horizontal movements in racers are always gradual turns, twitchy analog stick reaction is not necessarily important. However, the acceleration and deceleration does play an important role in playing racers.

Most racers utilize the Xbox 360 triggers or L2 and R2 on the DS3 to accelerate and decelerate. I can see that Sony wanted to make the L2 and R2 buttons more like race car pedals, where you experience increasing pressure or resistance the more you press the L2 and R2 buttons.

The Xbox 360 triggers are a single solid spring action press, similar to that of a trigger of a gun, hence the name triggers. Once fully depressed you actually experience less resistance.

In theory, the PS3's DS3 'triggers' look good on paper, but perform poorly in practice. Due to the increasing resistance of the buttons, a gamer will start to tire from holding on the the trigger for too long. Gamers will even start to lose grip of the buttons after holding on for a long time. In contrast the Xbox 360 gamepad's triggers, once fully depressed offer very little resistance ensuring less fatigue and longer gameplay time.

Winner - Xbox 360

Shooter - Call of Duty 4 (PS3 & Xbox 360 versions)

Analyzing controller performance for shooters is extremely difficult because a huge part of it relies on gamer preference. Traditional console gamers who have used the dualshock controller since the days of PS1 over 10 years ago, will swear that the dualshock is the best controller for shooters. However, more recent entrants to console gaming within the past few years may find the Xbox 360 gamepad better for shooters.

(Ironically the original PS1 analog sticks had a similar design to that of the Xbox 360's gamepad)

Since I am a hardcore PC gamer, I will analyze the controllers from that perspective. In PC gaming the mouse offers near zero 'dead zone.' A dead zone is the area where the mouse or analog stick sits a rest and does not register any movement. An easy way of understanding this is if there was no dead zone in a controller's analog stick, the reticule (or aim) would constantly move around the screen.

The dead zone is an area around the center of the analog stick which allows for the aim to rest without the on screen reticule moving all over the place. After careful analysis of both controllers, the PS3 has a slightly smaller dead zone than the Xbox 360's gamepad.

This means that the Xbox 360's gamepad has a larger dead zone, or area where little to no movement is registered. The PS3's DS3 has a smaller dead zone, meaning that it takes less effort to register a movement using the analog stick. The PS3's analog stick is also noticeably loose compared to that of the Xbox 360's analog stick, which offers a bit of resistance.

So, you may be asking - what does the size of the dead zone have to do with anything?

The simple answer is precision. With a larger dead zone it takes more effort and motion to make a movement. Coupled along with higher resistance or friction to the analog stick, it can lead to over compensation for gamers. Also sloppy aiming occurs due to greater motion required to achieve a movement.

Since the PS3's DS3 has a smaller dead zone the analog stick is much more responsive. Also, with the analog stick being looser, it is more akin to a mouse's movement.

However, there is a price for a smaller dead zone. Controllers can malfunction more easily because wear and tear eats away at the analog stick's rest position. After a few years the analog stick may not sit dead center, causing the on screen reticule to move by itself. I have experienced this on several occasions with the DS2. Since the Xbox 360's analog sticks have a larger dead zone it takes more wear and tear for this to happen.

Also, another price you pay for a smaller dead zone is it may be harder to use the PS3's analog stick to aim for gamers who have slower reflexes. The larger dead zone can actually act as a handicap or cheat for gamers with faster reflexes on the Xbox 360.

In conclusion, if two gamers with fast reflexes, one with an Xbox 360 controller and the other with a PS3 controller played against each other, more then likely the PS3 gamer would out-twitch the Xbox 360 gamer in pure response time.

For further reference, here is Matt Peckhan's take on it. He is a writer for PC World, Variety, 1UP, and PC Gamer UK, who actually came to the same conclusion as I did.

Winner - PS3

Conclusion

So there you have it. Both controllers have pros and cons, but unless you are hyper sensitive you won't really notice the difference. I am sure this won't settle anything but I hope I have provided some food for thought for you gamers out there.

There are many other game genres besides racers, fighters and shooters. If any of our readers out there are able to perform their own analysis and have found a new game genre a controller is better for, make sure to write about it in our comments section. If the games are available multiplatform or is comparable, and I am able to reproduce your findings I just might make a part two, including your findings. http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/11/22/analysis-ps3-vs-xbox-360-controller-comparison/
eklineage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 eklineage
Member since 2008 • 2413 Posts
I believe both controllers are great. There are some games where I would prefer the 360 controller and others where I would prefer a ps3 controller.
jharv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jharv
Member since 2007 • 1774 Posts
I generally like the 360 more for FPS but the other day I played GTA4 on my friend's 360 and it just felt so awkward and clunky. Depends really on the game.
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
I honestly feel no difference, even if I play one after the other
Avatar image for ULTIMATEZWARRIO
ULTIMATEZWARRIO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 ULTIMATEZWARRIO
Member since 2004 • 6026 Posts
both are good controllers, the end
wwedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wwedx
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts
I generally like the 360 more for FPS but the other day I played GTA4 on my friend's 360 and it just felt so awkward and clunky. Depends really on the game.jharv
yea when i had my ps3 B4 i was playing NHL 08 it felt great but i played the demo on the 360 the contrllers were horrible
kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2307 Posts
The analog sticks are too close together on the PS3 (I've had this issue since the first dual shock controller) and I also can't stand how the L2 and R2 shoulder buttons curve back instead of coming straight back into the controller. My fingers tend to slip off and I find it kind of annoying when it happens right in the middle of gameplay. Only time I notice the analog sticks being too close together is mostly in FPS games when I'm trying to do alot, but overall I think the 360 is a much better controller hands down, though I do wish they would rework the D-Pad but it still gets the job done.
CTUDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CTUDude
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts
I really like the joysticks on the 360, they feel so great on your fingers and seem very smooth compared to the DS3. Although I'm OCD about symmetry so I perfer the DS3 more.
DonMarkito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DonMarkito
Member since 2008 • 455 Posts
PS3 controller wins for shooter? Are you kidding me?
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
I feel no difference. When I hold one after another it feels the same to me. I like them both.
Can-o-Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Can-o-Mark
Member since 2005 • 3844 Posts
I like them both. I prefer the 360 controller though. Apart from the d-pad, which is terrible.
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

I agree. The D pad on the ps3 is better, though the triggers on the 360 are nicer. But then the analouge sticks on the ps3 are better.

Also I have that analouge stick problem on my ps3 controller. After sprinting loads in COD4, I find the contrller sometimes sticks forwards so I keep mving forwards.

Very annoying in farcry 2 if you like sneaking :P

RABicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RABicle
Member since 2004 • 529 Posts

I got the biggest laugh from the very first sentence. "this debate has raged for years!"... How long has the Dual Shock 3 been out for again? Is it even a full year?

Xbox controller wins for two reasons

1. It's much more confortable. The first time I picked up a 360 controller it felt just right, the only other controller that has felt as right is the Gamecube controller. Now I'm probably on the perimeter here and I would say my usage of Playstations over the years has been less than frequent but the Dual Shock has never felt right. I thought Sony were onto a good thing with that boomerang controller but nerds on the internet made fun of Sony who capitulated like weak, spineless dogs, reverting back to their SNES controller with afterthoughts tacked on. It's just a joke.

2. The position of the left analogue stick. Sony can't be serious about this **** There is a good reason why the N64, Saturn, Dreamcast, Xbox, Xbox 360 and 90% of PC gamepads put the left joystick in the dominant location, mirroring the buttons. BECAUSE IT'S BETTER.

Concerns abou the Xbox d-pad are laughable. IT'S A D-PAD. WE LIVE IN THE YEAR TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHT. D pads were proved irrelavent by Mario 64. Any game still using them as their primary movement is an old game from the primitive. past. Fighters? If you're serious about fighters you should be plaing with an arcade stick.

tok1879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tok1879
Member since 2005 • 1537 Posts
I prefer the 360 controllers for FPS's. The trigger on DS3 is rarely even used anymore for its intended purpose(shooting, i assume), it's more comfortable to use R1 for shooting. And for racing games, my fingers are killing me after playing Motorstorm:PR using that darn R2 button. I had to use my DS2 which is much more comfortable. Yeah, but all that aside, when it comes to fighting games, for controllers, the DS's reign.
-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts
No way in hell is the dualshock more suitable for FPS. The only thing the dualshock has going for it is the D-pad, and i dont even like fighters so i never get any use out of it. The 360 controller is much much better for FPS, and better for racing games too.
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

360 hands down, PS3 controller is made for small boy and female hands

and the analog sticks suck so bad nobody likes to use them 

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Couth_
No way in hell is the dualshock more suitable for FPS. The only thing the dualshock has going for it is the D-pad, and i dont even like fighters so i never get any use out of it. The 360 controller is much much better for FPS, and better for racing games too.-DrRobotnik-
Did you read? It's true the DS3 sticks have more precise sensitivity
tok1879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tok1879
[QUOTE="RABicle"]

I got the biggest laugh from the very first sentence. "this debate has raged for years!"... How long has the Dual Shock 3 been out for again? Is it even a full year?

Xbox controller wins for two reasons

1. It's much more confortable. The first time I picked up a 360 controller it felt just right, the only other controller that has felt as right is the Gamecube controller. Now I'm probably on the perimeter here and I would say my usage of Playstations over the years has been less than frequent but the Dual Shock has never felt right. I thought Sony were onto a good thing with that boomerang controller but nerds on the internet made fun of Sony who capitulated like weak, spineless dogs, reverting back to their SNES controller with afterthoughts tacked on. It's just a joke.

2. The position of the left analogue stick. Sony can't be serious about this **** There is a good reason why the N64, Saturn, Dreamcast, Xbox, Xbox 360 and 90% of PC gamepads put the left joystick in the dominant location, mirroring the buttons. BECAUSE IT'S BETTER.

Concerns abou the Xbox d-pad are laughable. IT'S A D-PAD. WE LIVE IN THE YEAR TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHT. D pads were proved irrelavent by Mario 64. Any game still using them as their primary movement is an old game from the primitive. past. Fighters? If you're serious about fighters you should be plaing with an arcade stick.

Dude, some of us prefer d-pads to sticks, believe it or not. And your claim that 90% of PC gamepads and the N64 have their left joystick in the dominant location is argueable.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts
360 controller is better for everything except fighters.
-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Mad_Rhetoric-
Member since 2008 • 1765 Posts

I read this 10 minutes ago and iot made me laugh, I can see the ps3 controller being better for fighters but shooters? :lol:

its just some fanboys personal opinion.

Legend-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Legend-Gamer
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts
360 is slightly better but 360s d-pad is quite horrible
Legend-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Legend-Gamer
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts
360 is slightly better but 360s d-pad is quite horrible
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Couth_
[QUOTE="tok1879"] Dude, some of us prefer d-pads to sticks, believe it or not. And your claim that 90% of PC gamepads and the N64 have their left joystick in the dominant location is argueable.

The Funny thing is no one complains where the right stick is, even though in FPS you use it as much as the left stick. Fanboy arguments fail
CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts

360s analog sticks are in the right place and it has better triggers. It actually forms to your hand unlike the dinky dual shock.

The only thing the ps3 controller is better for is fighters. 360 controller rapes it in everything else.

tok1879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tok1879
[QUOTE="johnnyblazed88"]

360 hands down, PS3 controller is made for small boy and female hands

and the analog sticks suck so bad nobody likes to use them 

Since i'm not female, i must be a 25 yr old 6'2 200 lb small boy. and i do use the analog sticks which nulls your argument that nobody uses it.
SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts
The analog sticks are too close together on the PS3 (I've had this issue since the first dual shock controller) and I also can't stand how the L2 and R2 shoulder buttons curve back instead of coming straight back into the controller. My fingers tend to slip off and I find it kind of annoying when it happens right in the middle of gameplay. Only time I notice the analog sticks being too close together is mostly in FPS games when I'm trying to do alot, but overall I think the 360 is a much better controller hands down, though I do wish they would rework the D-Pad but it still gets the job done.kejigoto
Agreed. The only time I prefer the PS3 controller is for games which require intensive use of the D-pad (which is why I'm getting SFII Turbo HD Remix on the PS3). I find the PS3's triggers awkward (every once in a while my finger slips off them if I hold them down too long), and I HATE the placement of the analog sticks. They also seem a bit too sensitive to me, and honestly, whether or not that means better response time sometimes, the majority of the time it means less accuracy. Both controllers are excellent, but I definitely prefer the 360 one in most aspects.
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 19452 Posts
I admit the 360's controller is slightly more comfortable, but I don't mind the PS3's one either. The 360's is good for racing games, but I like the PS3's for shooters.
Utensilman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 Utensilman
Member since 2006 • 1566 Posts
PS3 pad makes any shooter horrible to play, the analog sticks are god awful for shooters
yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 yoyo462001
Member since 2005 • 7535 Posts
PS3 pad makes any shooter horrible to play, the analog sticks are god awful for shootersUtensilman
yh pretty much, i think 360 definitely wins on FPS.
BoutDat26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BoutDat26
Member since 2008 • 296 Posts
The ps3 controller is wayyyyy better hands down the 360 contoller is so clunky and odd
RABicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RABicle
Member since 2004 • 529 Posts
[QUOTE="Couth_"][QUOTE="tok1879"] Dude, some of us prefer d-pads to sticks, believe it or not. And your claim that 90% of PC gamepads and the N64 have their left joystick in the dominant location is argueable.

The Funny thing is no one complains where the right stick is, even though in FPS you use it as much as the left stick. Fanboy arguments fail

I dunno MGS avatar. There seems to be a general consensus here that even shooters on PS3 are a disaster.
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Couth_
[QUOTE="RABicle"][QUOTE="Couth_"][QUOTE="tok1879"] Dude, some of us prefer d-pads to sticks, believe it or not. And your claim that 90% of PC gamepads and the N64 have their left joystick in the dominant location is argueable.

I dunno MGS avatar. There seems to be a general consensus here that even shooters on PS3 are a disaster.

Is that why they all score 2-3? Is that why Resistance 2 got AAA? Why CoD4 and Bioshock scores the same as the 360 version. Why Warhawk scored equal to Left4Dead? I don't know level 1, the only people that worry about the controller are fanboys
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25863 Posts
Since when is the DS 3 better for FPS's? It is better for everything else though.
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BobHipJames
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts

I read this 10 minutes ago and iot made me laugh, I can see the ps3 controller being better for fighters but shooters? :lol:

its just some fanboys personal opinion.

-Mad_Rhetoric-
Likewise. Do you see an exception to this general rule?
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts

the dualshock better for shooters? :?

i respectfully disagree

Xalaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Xalaten
Member since 2006 • 965 Posts

Quite frankly the only people who post in this thread whose opinions should matter are people who own both the PS3 and a 360.  I own both.

My view?

They're both great.  I go from playing Fable 2 or World at War for an hour on 360 and then go to Dead Space and Valkyria Chronicles on PS3 and it's completely natural to me.  I really don't notice a difference.  There are too many fanbois in this thread stating definitively one is better than the other.  It's nothing more than blatant bias.

Now two things I WILL say.  I think it's quite clear that the PS3 pad is superior to the 360.  I also do like the 360 triggers a bit more.  Quite frankly I prefer how racing games play on the 360 (I prefer using triggers to accelerate and reverse).

Everything else though feels natural to me and I don't prefer one or the other.  They're both great controllers.

One final thing.  When playing shooters I will always, always, always prefer mouse and keyboard over any controller =)

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
360- FPS, adventures, RPG's, 3rd person shooters Ps3- Fighters, and crap flops like Lair.
t3hrubikscube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 t3hrubikscube
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
I much prefer the 360 controller. It feels much more comfortable to me. It fits in my hands perfectly. The only thing I have a tiny problem with is the D-pad, of course, but it still works alright.
SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts

[QUOTE="RABicle"][QUOTE="Couth_"] The Funny thing is no one complains where the right stick is, even though in FPS you use it as much as the left stick. Fanboy arguments failCouth_

Is that why they all score 2-3? Is that why Resistance 2 got AAA? Why CoD4 and Bioshock scores the same as the 360 version. Why Warhawk scored equal to Left4Dead? I don't know level 1, the only people that worry about the controller are fanboys

I'm pretty sure he was talking about how FPS games play on the PS3's controller vs. the 360's controller, not about the quality of the actual titles. He was just saying that the PS3's controller isn't as suited to FPS as the 360's is.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Couth_

[QUOTE="Couth_"][QUOTE="RABicle"]I dunno MGS avatar. There seems to be a general consensus here that even shooters on PS3 are a disaster. SeanBond

I'm pretty sure he was talking about how FPS games play on the PS3's controller vs. the 360's controller, not about the quality of the actual titles. He was just saying that the PS3's controller isn't as suited to FPS as the 360's is.

I'm pretty sure hes just a fanboy with an argument like that, so does it matter?
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Ahhh I read this the day before yesterday or so, and the article cites this.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/153332/is_the_xbox_360s_thumbstick_in_gears_of_war_2_too_sticky.html/

I've argued with Matt Peckham about the article all ready in the comments area but surfice to say he talks about design flaw in the 360 controller and strictness of movement but says that he notices this DIRECTLY after playing resistance 2 on a sixaxis....okay? someone is obviously going to notice a difference in control if they've sat for hours playing resistance 2 with the sixaxis and its very loose control analog and the 360's stiffer control he talks of overcompensation well it would only stand to reason that someone going from consistant play with a 360 controller to a sixaxis would overcompensate with the sixaxis loose control he provides no real factual backup only speculation and claims based on his own opinions.

FACT: 360 owners would destroy ps3 owners In Cod4 or COD waw if they could play againest each other on their respective systems.

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5776 Posts

My take:

D-Pad oriented games: PS3

Everything else: 360

And I believe that the general consensus is that the 360 controller is superior, I don't see how this "debate has raged on for years" at all.

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts
I wonder how many people are using their index fingers for the triggers on the DS3. I know they're "triggers", but I've always used my middle fingers for L2 and R2 and the triggers on the DS3 are very comfortable that way.
episubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 episubs
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Wow this war has gone on for ages...geez stop giving fanboys something to live for.

You can't be objective about these kinds of things. It is a matter of personal preference. It doesn't matter how many tests,research,experiment you do it always comes down to personal preference. If it works for you then fine no need to make a big fuss and proclaim to the world that you have the best controller.

This statement takes the cake for fanboy hypocrisy....

"I read this 10 minutes ago and iot made me laugh, I can see the ps3 controller being better for fighters but shooters?

its just some fanboys personal opinion."

1.) Having a personal opinion doesn't make you a fanboy. It's an opinion take it or leave i, no one is forcing you to believe it.

2.) Aren't you making a "biased" PERSONAL OPINION yourself by saying the XBOX360 controller is better for shooter games? I didn't even see proof(scientific or not) about your claim in your post...not even your PERSONAL REASON on why you think that the XBOx360 controller is better for shooters. That my friend is FANBOY Hypocrisy.

HERE's another FANBOY

"And I believe that the general consensus is that the 360 controller is superior, I don't see how this "debate has raged on for years" at all."

General consensus? Where? Care to share some proof? Superior in what regards? I don't see how your statement would end the "debate that has raged on for years"

BOTTOMLINE:

Controllers are just controllers, Gaming consoles are just gaming consoles. It's the games that matter so it's better to talk about the games instead of pointless stuff like this. At the end of the day you're still stuck to the gaming console/controller that you have. Lucky if you have both :)

So you think that the Xbox360 is better? So what? I don't give a flying F, the games are the reason why I bought this in the first place

So you think that the PS3 is better? So what? I don't give a flying F, the games are the reason why I bought this in the first place

So you think that the Xbox360 controller is better? So what? I don't give a flying F, the games are the reason why I bought this in the first place

So you think that the PS3 controller is better? So what? I don't give a flying F, the games are the reason why I bought this in the first place

sammysalsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sammysalsa
Member since 2004 • 1832 Posts
Both are really quite similar though i prefer the 360's for its ergonomic design which is comfortable to hold and suits my larger hands better.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#46 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
I can pick up any controller and it'll do fine, I honestly don't see much point in arguing over this.
ZeldaMaster32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 ZeldaMaster32
Member since 2005 • 9263 Posts
I've never understood people's fascination for the D-Pad for utilization in fighting games. I'm more of an analouge/arcade stick guy.
episubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 episubs
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

Ahhh I read this the day before yesterday or so, and the article cites this.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/153332/is_the_xbox_360s_thumbstick_in_gears_of_war_2_too_sticky.html/

I've argued with Matt Peckham about the article all ready in the comments area but surfice to say he talks about design flaw in the 360 controller and strictness of movement but says that he notices this DIRECTLY after playing resistance 2 on a sixaxis....okay? someone is obviously going to notice a difference in control if they've sat for hours playing resistance 2 with the sixaxis and its very loose control analog and the 360's stiffer control he talks of overcompensation well it would only stand to reason that someone going from consistant play with a 360 controller to a sixaxis would overcompensate with the sixaxis loose control he provides no real factual backup only speculation and claims based on his own opinions.

FACT: 360 owners would destroy ps3 owners In Cod4 or COD waw if they could play againest each other on their respective systems.

How is this a FACT? In your own words you said "IF THEY COULD PLAY AGAINST EACH OTHER ON THEIR RESPECTIVE SYSTEMS" so you claim that 360 owners would destroy PS3 owners but you don't have proof since PS3 and 360 owners can't play against each other (as you said). You are true FANBOY my friend

Another example of TRUE FANBOY HYPOCRISY.

"he provides no real factual backup only speculation and claims based on his own opinions."

William make that statement but makes his own statement with "no real factual backup only speculation and claims based on his own opinion"

"FACT: 360 owners would destroy ps3 owners In Cod4 or COD waw if they could play againest each other on their respective systems. "

Does this stament have REAL FACTUAL BACKUP? Nope...Is this only speculation and based on Williams opinion? HELL YEAH!
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
In the end it all comes down to whatever you prefer, I dislike a few things on the DS3 and a few on the 360 pad. I overall prefer my PS3 controller because I have grown accustomed to the design over the years I played the first Playstation controller My only real dislike is the back triggers should have been beveled inwards to keep your hand on them better while using them but it's a minor inconvience at best.
Avatar image for dark-warmachine
dark-warmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 dark-warmachine
Member since 2007 • 3476 Posts
[QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]No way in hell is the dualshock more suitable for FPS. The only thing the dualshock has going for it is the D-pad, and i dont even like fighters so i never get any use out of it. The 360 controller is much much better for FPS, and better for racing games too.Couth_
Did you read? It's true the DS3 sticks have more precise sensitivity

LoL man, I knew the DS3 had a better precision than the 360 controller. I found this out when I played halo 3 and gears 1 on my bro's 360. Let the truth be told. And I would like to add that when it comes to FPS, in the case of COD4 and Resistance, the devs set the configuration for the DS3 differently than the 360. For example instead of the using triggers of the DS3 to shoot (knowing that the fingers will slip off) they instead set it to where you are able to shoot comfortably in R1 and aim in L1. A lot of lemmings think that the triggers buttons are used to shoot in FPS but that's not always the case.