An Only Digital Future is not Good for Anybody

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

just got my account hacked again in less than 3 days and whoever did it changed all my profile info (except for my birthdate because that one can't be changed) and now those bastards at Sony think I'm lying. I give them my info and they say it's incorrect... Of-course it's incorrect you idiots, the account was fucking hacked, don't you see the name? Who the hell is Fhara Mahad? Of-course is not me I'm freaking Puertorrican goddammit!

Then they ask for the serial number of my original PS3 and I'm like, dude, that thing went YLOD like 4 years ago, what else can I do? And you know what those bastards tell me? That they can't do anything about it... WHAT?! Hundreds of dollars in digital games all fucking gone because the PSN security it's as ASS as it gets because I know it's not my fault because after the first reset 2 days ago I changed EMAIL and PASSWORDS but it got hacked again just as easily.

After hearing my story and in hopes of my topic not getting locked, do you guys really think that gaming going all digital is worth all this crap?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

not on consoles

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

perhaps don't use 12345 as a password

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CrownKingArthur
@lostrib said:

spaceballs?

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gue1

@CrownKingArthur said:

not on consoles

dude I'm desperate and I know many Steam accounts has been hacked too.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Steam+Account+Hacked

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:
@lostrib said:

spaceballs?

What else?

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CrownKingArthur
@MonsieurX said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@lostrib said:

spaceballs?

What else?

pizza the hutt? may the scwartz be with you? and possibly my very favourite line from the movie

"WHATS THE MATTER COLONEL SANDERS? CHICKEN?"

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@lostrib said:

spaceballs?

What else?

Lol

That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage

Loading Video...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61466 Posts

Thread thoroughly derailed lol.

I did respond to you in the lounge though, TC. Still, if you are Puerto Rican, how come you can't spell it right?

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

3 years with my steam account, same password and same e-mail, no hacks

11 years with the same e-mail, no hacks

You should start considering what kind of places you browse on the internet and what kind of people you are hanging out with online if you are getting hacked so easily

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CrownKingArthur

@lostrib: haha. great movie. "AND CHANGE THE COMBINATION ON MY LUGGAGE"

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

i dont understand, they hacked your account, changed details so u cant access ur account anymore, then u ring up sony who dont believe u, is this correct?

@lundy86_4 said:

Thread thoroughly derailed lol.

I did respond to you in the lounge though, TC. Still, if you are Puerto Rican, how come you can't spell it right?

english isnt his first language? maybe

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

So? Someone broke into my house a few weeks ago and stole my ps3 and games? I wasn't able to get them back either.

To answer your question: I much prefer a digital collection. To be honest though I'm getting sick of consoles with their non-backwards-compatible, make-you-pay-for-games-multiple-times attitude. I'm mostly gaming on PC these days and a digital collection makes much more sense. As account security is important in all things, I try to have a phone number associated with any accounts I could not bear to lose control of. That way if anyone tries to change my information I will have to confirm with a code I get via text. I don't think Sony offers phone confirmations, but they definitely should. ...that and I have all the game data saved to my computer.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Gue1 said:

just got my account hacked again in less than 3 days and whoever did it changed all my profile info (except for my birthdate because that one can't be changed) and now those bastards at Sony think I'm lying. I give them my info and they say it's incorrect... Of-course it's incorrect you idiots, the account was fucking hacked, don't you see the name? Who the hell is Fhara Mahad? Of-course is not me I'm freaking Puertorrican goddammit!

Then they ask for the serial number of my original PS3 and I'm like, dude, that thing went YLOD like 4 years ago, what else can I do? And you know what those bastards tell me? That they can't do anything about it... WHAT?! Hundreds of dollars in digital games all fucking gone because the PSN security it's as ASS as it gets because I know it's not my fault because after the first reset 2 days ago I changed EMAIL and PASSWORDS but it got hacked again just as easily.

After hearing my story and in hopes of my topic not getting locked, do you guys really think that gaming going all digital is worth all this crap?

LMAO!! Greatness Await!!

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/ed/ed33ec53a9837af05c901d309f47447d7f54a4e19ecfdf25e399ee222ae96fe5.jpg

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

If you got hacked, don't blame digital distribution.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I would never go all digital on consoles ever, unless I had no choice...but then I might also consider not buying consoles at all at that point.

Besides being a collector, I also value being able to sell, trade, borrow, lend, and rent games.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lundy86_4

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Spanish and English are their languages. Still, it was misspelled in both languages.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CrownKingArthur
@lundy86_4 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Spanish and English are their languages. Still, it was spelled correctly in Spanish, so that's my bad.

to be fair to you Lundy - nobody expects a spanish inquisition.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lundy86_4

@CrownKingArthur said:

to be fair to you Lundy - nobody expects a spanish inquisition.

Hey-oh.

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:
@MonsieurX said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@lostrib said:

spaceballs?

What else?

pizza the hutt? may the scwartz be with you? and possibly my very favourite line from the movie

"WHATS THE MATTER COLONEL SANDERS? CHICKEN?"

There is a better one:

DO SOMETHING!

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

What has your account security failings have to do with the risks of digital only games?

It would be like me saying "OH NO, I left a window open and some chav stole my console and games! SHOULD GAMES REALLY BE PHYSICAL?!"

If you got hacked again, you are compromised in another form like I said the damn first time.... did you format whatever device you use to look at email? I bet you didn't... I bet you just recovered the PSN account and thought "phew... thye can't possible do it again" ... seriously man?

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gue1

man, I'm even afraid of making a new account and start over because what if the same thing happens again? More games and money lost... My only option left is to learn how to hack accounts and try to hack my account back to me.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

You mean to tell me you sony doesn't have any real counter measures against this sort of thing? thats fucking terrible for a corp like sony if that's true

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Why don't you try contacting them again instead of making a hissy fit about the whole thing? There are far more possibilities of losing your games in the physical world instead of digital.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

So basically Sony's customer service suck .

The games you download from steam are all on your Hard Disk . Even if you somehow loose your account , the only thing that those games are missing is .exe , you can get that from internet and you won't even need steam to play games .

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Oh well. Some guys have all the luck. I've had Steam since HL2 first released. No hacking yet.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#30 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Aw, dude, that sucks. :/

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

So what do you guys like those game-sites that want you to link your PSN account to their web page, like that Infamous 2nd Son site to access DLC?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@Gue1: If someone is hacking you they are not getting your information from PSN. Think carefully if you let anyone know your password or if you did one that was obvious.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

It could be someone you might have had some interaction with online perhaps maybe a person on your friendlist that you don't really know. And possible unsecured websites you are visiting that have things like viruses and etc.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

You get what you pay for. Sony is awesome at getting hacked.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Wait so there's no way you can get your PSN account back? Thats suck. PSN is more prone in getting hacked. I can't imagine how much worse it will be when they introduce PS Now and whatever that rental service will be. After PSN was crippled on the PS3, it's ridiculous they still didn't fix their shit and make it more hacker resistant like Xbox Live. Why did they even charge for that PSN crap anyway is beyond me.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

I used to hack ModernWarfare 2 for the last Prestige... Since i got bored of it and wanted That shiny rotating symbol.

PS3 was easy to fool. And so far it seems PS4 network security is beyond joke.

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BloodyTides
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

Tt might be someone that you met like a person on PSN who you befriended or you accidentally posted some sensitive information online without releasing it. Who knows like someone said it could be the website you visit you never know.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Dude, I've never been hacked in my 13 year digital life. Start making long passwords that only you can think of. Like, IamthelawXmegaROCKZer0n3twork

I would also suggest making a new email strictly for games and keep your bank and personal information in another email address. That way if the gaming one gets hacked, you aren't screwed for other more important things. That's what I do.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@-paranorman- said:

Dude, I've never been hacked in my 13 year digital life. Start making long passwords that only you can think of. Like, IamthelawXmegaROCKZer0n3twork

I would also suggest making a new email strictly for games and keep your bank and personal information in another email address. That way if the gaming one gets hacked, you aren't screwed for other more important things. That's what I do.

Take this dude advice, Gue1 it definitely helps.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Same thing happened to me on Xbox 360. Luckily, I hacked and got my account back from the fucker. Only thing I lost was all my friends. I can't remember all the extra numbers and x's in their names to find them again. :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
Member since 2013 • 355 Posts

I am not surprised that Sony thought you were lying, companies operate like that and even if they believed you, they probably still would have told you that there was nothing they could do; as there is no way to prove anything, but there would be if they were smart enough to have a system to keep record of stuff that was changed; such as email address, real name. I agree, going all digital is not the answer, as many will ruin it for others like what happened here. I guess if I decided to get a PS4, I will not have an Online ID, unless it is for online multi-player and nothing else. Sony should have something like a 2 step verification process for PSN accounts; but I do not see this happening or people will not use it.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

A friend of mine actually got it worse, he got hacked, called those fuckers ("support") and they gave him the account back, but then realized all his digital purchases were gone.

Calls them back and he's told that since he bought all the stuff outside of the region of supposed residence (he's not from the US) they'd have to ban his account for infringement of the ToS.

Lost like $1000 in digital shit.

And please, use non-stupid passwords.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

The most I've had happen to me is, getting an e-mail stating that I wanted to change my password when I didn't. My Steam password is so complex and random I need to look at it on the piece of paper it's written on. An example of what it's like "Ag4SSS3nb76HG34nbJhG23"

I'm not taking a chance with my Steam account :P

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

Lol. If anything Digital makes it all the more easier to recover your account.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I put a condom on my modem so I'm safe.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13659 Posts

TC, make complex passwords for your email account and your PSN account and make the answers to your security questions on both, different complex passwords.

I'm sorry to hear about your games. I'm surprised you're sticking with Sony. When I got Half Life 2 at launch, I didn't play it and I lent it to my brother only to find out it became bound to his account, I was PISSED THE **** OFF. It took me a heck of a long time before I started using steam again after that.

I know herms like to lay into ME for that, but they have to remember, locking licences to an account was a new concept back then. And it's not up to me to have to research that shit. I'm the end consumer, they make it, I buy and play it. And I'm not an asshole, if someone wants to borrow a game I'm not playing, I'm not used to having to say "no, it's bound to my account" like a fucking nerd.

And after the latest shit with MS and Kinect, I'm kinda put off them too. Now if I lost a shit ton of games, I'd throw the fucking thing out of the window, but that's just me.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

That seriously sucks ass and TC has every right to be pissed. Not sure what I would do.

Would probably spit the dummy and go to the opposition just out of spite (although being forced to have the Xboner as your only console is a punishment in itself).

One thing I would do is not give up easily. Keep on Sony's ass and keep demanding to speak to someone higher up. Quite often if you talk to the right person these things can be fixed quite easily.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13659 Posts
@EducatingU_PCMR said:

A friend of mine actually got it worse, he got hacked, called those fuckers ("support") and they gave him the account back, but then realized all his digital purchases were gone.

Calls them back and he's told that since he bought all the stuff outside of the region of supposed residence (he's not from the US) they'd have to ban his account for infringement of the ToS.

Lost like $1000 in digital shit.

And please, use non-stupid passwords.

**** man. What platform was this?