An anecdotal argument that Xbox One is going to win the console war

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for harnessthepower
HarnessThePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HarnessThePower
Member since 2017 • 267 Posts

Here on SW, we rely so much on stats and "reliable" data to claim victory for our respective consoles. I would like to take a more anecdotal approach by noting that I have seen a tremendous uptick in interest in the Xbox One over the past year or so.

Go into a Microsoft store, and each Xbox kiosk is being used and has people standing waiting to play great new games. I was at Best Buyer and saw 4-5 people in the Xbox One aisle, with only 2 younger kids look at Nintendo games, and not a soul looking at or playing the PS4 kiosk. On top of this, on my way to the register (with 2 Xbox One games in my hand I should add), I saw 2 different families buying an Xbox One S, along with a couple extra controllers and games.

This is a dramatic change to what was going on 2-3 years ago. It was the Xbox One aisle which was empty, and the PS4 areas were packed. Does anyone else share the same experience as me? Obviously hard data is important, but anecdotal evidence points you to where the data is going in the future!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Yeah, I certainly don't think Xbox is as "unpopular" as cows & some in the media will have you believe.

The manager at my local games store says that they sell just as much Xbox product as PS or Nintendo.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Nope.

This year they mirged the Xbox one shelves with the 360 and the used xbox one/360 games to make room for the Switch.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

Is X1 selling? Absolutely. Is it going to win the console war this gen? Absolutely not.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#5 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

The issue is more that most individuals here look at units sold. There is always so much more information beyond a single number (or even the meaning behind said number). I will still disagree about the X1 winning. However, I do think that the X1 is moving in a positive direction overall. The momentum Sony started with the PS4 was unstoppable. The Wii U was a complete bust, leaving millions of Nintendo owners the option to jump ship. The X1's original marketing message was a complete disaster. With that kind of momentum, Sony was able to do whatever they wanted. They locked up 3rd party deals, and really didn't release anything special for the first little while. They didn't have to. Now, their developers are actually working full speed and every game that comes out is hitting sales milestones (not necessarily difficult with a 60M install base). From a sales standpoint, Microsoft will have to deal with sitting in second, and potentially third if the Switch maintains its momentum long-term.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#6 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@harnessthepower: Xbox already lost this gen. As long as they continue their trend of listening to their fans I'm cool with that.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69426 Posts

Stop bashing your face on the keyboard OP, you're making shit threads.

HarnessThePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HarnessThePower

@Pedro said:

I disagree. Maybe you can create a stimulating thread one of these days instead of just being a backseat commentator. Try bringing some value to these discussions for once.

Avatar image for 666BumbleBee666
666BumbleBee666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 666BumbleBee666
Member since 2012 • 140 Posts

Sony pays off outlets to say they sold more PS4's than they actually have. If anything Xbox One is really selling more.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@666BumbleBee666 said:

Sony pays off outlets to say they sold more PS4's than they actually have. If anything Xbox One is really selling more.

Lol.

@oflow said:

@harnessthepower: Xbox already lost this gen. As long as they continue their trend of listening to their fans I'm cool with that.

Hear, hear!

HarnessThePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HarnessThePower

@666BumbleBee666 said:

I would not be surprised, but i'm not sure Sony even has the funds to do that. Besides their gaming division, they are really struggling right now. I like your thinking, but I think the false reporting of Sony sales is more likely due to Sony fanboys working at the outlets who are simply fudging the numbers for their own personal satisfaction. Make me sick to even think about.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69426 Posts

@harnessthepower said:
@Pedro said:

I disagree. Maybe you can create a stimulating thread one of these days instead of just being a backseat commentator. Try bringing some value to these discussions for once.

Its a forum and a forum is built on back seat commentators. You make shit threads and I respond. Try not making shit threads and I will consider adding value to your invaluable contribution.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#13 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I promise you I will ban you if you keep this up.