An additional year wasn't enought to add Ray Tracing in Halo Infinite it seems LOL

• 81 results
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#51 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: I just typed my gamertag on their site, and it doesn't show anything. If its tracking since the xbone came out, and i played 1,2,3,reach on the original xbox or the 360, i am not too sure how its supposed to track that.

"But now you're saying 343i game's aren't good regardless via solo or cooperative so why would you even bring up cooperativeif you don't even their games?What about Infinite reminded you of Halo 3?"

Because i felt like playing a Halo game since i pretty much skipped H4 and H5. That is it. When they announced the fact that its a new engine, reboot of the series and has a Halo 1 feel in the level design and art direction, it became one of my most anticipated titles, and probably the game i was most curious at seeing some gameplay for. Its after the capaign demo that the hope was lost. BUT i was still planning on getting the game on gamepass, and run through the game in coop on legendary. Now that there's no coop and i don't even have a gpu still, the plans are canned.

It shows my history in every online Halo game back to Halo 2; however, after Bungie's server information was transferred to Halo Wavepoint a couple years back, the Halo 2 game details were all purged so it only shows kills/deaths. But Halo 3 and on up shows allmultiplayer and campaign stats including games played, difficulty, kills, and time played. Hm, for someone who played every iteration, why wouldn't it show your stats?

Pretty much skipped them, or didn't play them? Again, very curious on the cooperative being a definitive feature for you here when you skipped the previous entries regardless of level of content available. And interesting, so now it's more like Halo 1 and not Halo 3? And it's the art direction and level design, but after the demo, it was the "gameplay" which turned you off? What about the gameplay in the demo did not appear to be Halo-esque?

You seem to be all over the place. Perhaps unfair to use trite earlier because that implies (poor) experience, it's actually more completely unfounded. Two threads now with rather bizarre opinions, beginning to be a trend.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38713 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@hardwenzen said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: I just typed my gamertag on their site, and it doesn't show anything. If its tracking since the xbone came out, and i played 1,2,3,reach on the original xbox or the 360, i am not too sure how its supposed to track that.

"But now you're saying 343i game's aren't good regardless via solo or cooperative so why would you even bring up cooperativeif you don't even their games?What about Infinite reminded you of Halo 3?"

Because i felt like playing a Halo game since i pretty much skipped H4 and H5. That is it. When they announced the fact that its a new engine, reboot of the series and has a Halo 1 feel in the level design and art direction, it became one of my most anticipated titles, and probably the game i was most curious at seeing some gameplay for. Its after the capaign demo that the hope was lost. BUT i was still planning on getting the game on gamepass, and run through the game in coop on legendary. Now that there's no coop and i don't even have a gpu still, the plans are canned.

It shows my history in every online Halo game back to Halo 2; however, after Bungie's server information was transferred to Halo Wavepoint a couple years back, the Halo 2 game details were all purged so it only shows kills/deaths. But Halo 3 and on up shows allmultiplayer and campaign stats including games played, difficulty, kills, and time played. Hm, for someone who played every iteration, why wouldn't it show your stats?

Pretty much skipped them, or didn't play them? Again, very curious on the cooperative being a definitive feature for you here when you skipped the previous entries regardless of level of content available. And interesting, so now it's more like Halo 1 and not Halo 3? And it's the art direction and level design, but after the demo, it was the "gameplay" which turned you off? What about the gameplay in the demo did not appear to be Halo-esque?

You seem to be all over the place. Perhaps unfair to use trite earlier because that implies (poor) experience, it's actually more completely unfounded. Two threads now with rather bizarre opinions, beginning to be a trend.

Back when Halo 2 came out, i couldn't play it online because i had no xbl, but i played it a ton in 4 players spliscreen. When the 360 came out, i played it a bit online, but i wasn't anywhere near as obsessed with the series as i was during the Halo 1 and early halo 2 days. I have played a good amount of Halo 3 online, but we're talking about 2007-2008 here (last achievement unlocked in 2008). If this waypoint app was a thing back then, i've never even heard of it.

And yes, the coop IS the defining feature of its campaign. The coop is the definition of replayability, and the reason why i replayed h1, h2 and h3 so many times. Remove it, and there's no replayability worthwhile. If that's not important to you, its important to me, and i am sure to many others.

"Pretty much skipped them, or didn't play them? Again, very curious on the cooperative being a definitive feature for you here when you skipped the previous entriesregardlessof level of content available. And interesting, so now it's more like Halo 1 and not Halo 3?"

Its 343i/MS that was saying that the game will be more like Halo 1, not me. To me, after seeing the gameplay of its campaign demo, it looked like Halo 3, not H1. And yes, gameplay felt old. Not because i enjoyed Halo 3 in 2007 that this is the kind of experience i want to have in 2021. I was told this is a reboot, remember? Where is the reboot at? Nowhere to be fund, and their new engine might as well be their old one because i see zero improvements whatsoever.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:

Back when Halo 2 came out, i couldn't play it online because i had no xbl, but i played it a ton in 4 players spliscreen. When the 360 came out, i played it a bit online, but i wasn't anywhere near as obsessed with the series as i was during the Halo 1 and early halo 2 days. I have played a good amount of Halo 3 online, but we're talking about 2007-2008 here (last achievement unlocked in 2008). If this waypoint app was a thing back then, i've never even heard of it.

And yes, the coop IS the defining feature of its campaign. The coop is the definition of replayability, and the reason why i replayed h1, h2 and h3 so many times. Remove it, and there's no replayability worthwhile. If that's not important to you, its important to me, and i am sure to many others.

"Pretty much skipped them, or didn't play them? Again, very curious on the cooperative being a definitive feature for you here when you skipped the previous entriesregardlessof level of content available. And interesting, so now it's more like Halo 1 and not Halo 3?"

Its 343i/MS that was saying that the game will be more like Halo 1, not me. To me, after seeing the gameplay of its campaign demo, it looked like Halo 3, not H1. And yes, gameplay felt old. Not because i enjoyed Halo 3 in 2007 that this is the kind of experience i want to have in 2021. I was told this is a reboot, remember? Where is the reboot at? Nowhere to be fund, and their new engine might as well be their old one because i see zero improvements whatsoever.

Halo Wavepoint is maintained by 343 Industries and is the official Halo online portal/hub for community content, news and stat collection. If you ever played a Halo game online (with the exception of Gearbox Software's Halo CE port), there is a record of it hence why I'm asking for you to put up some receipts and not beat around the bush.

Again, I don't think you're understanding my point. You begin to state how you value cooperative modes, but in terms of "replayability", okay, meaning after you already play through the game. However, you do not value 343's development because you didn't like the previous two entries (which you "practically skipped").

Yet somehow Halo Infinite captured your attention, (yet lost it after the demo from over a year ago?) but it's the cooperative mode not being available at launch now, again in terms of "replayability", that is the final nail?

lol. Circus is in town.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 hardwenzen

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@hardwenzen said:

Halo Wavepoint is maintained by 343 Industries and is the official Halo online portal/hub for community content, news and stat collection. If you ever played a Halo game online (with the exception of Gearbox Software's Halo CE port), there is a record of it hence why I'm asking for you to put up some receipts and not beat around the bush.

Again, I don't think you're understanding my point. You begin to state how you value cooperative modes, but in terms of "replayability", okay, meaning after you already play through the game. However, you do not value 343's development because you didn't like the previous two entries (which you "practically skipped").

Yet somehow Halo Infinite captured your attention, (yet lost it after the demo from over a year ago?) but it's the cooperative mode not being available at launch now, again in terms of "replayability", that is the final nail?

lol. Circus is in town.

Nope, played and owned all the halo games (1,2,3,reach) on my og xbox and 360, and there's no results of any kind on the waypoint thingy. Does that mean i have never played them? Well, i still happen to have halo 1, halo 2 and the halo 2 multiplayer map pack on disc after all these years lmao, and i usually get rid of all my games when i am done playing them. SInce these were "special", i kept them.

I understand your point perfectly fine. Yes, after "skipping" (i've tried them during a short duration a few times from a buddies house, but never puchased them myself nor beaten them) H4 and H5, i felt like playing a new Halo game because its been a long while. After the demo, coop is what i cared for the most, yes. What's so hard to believe here? I care about the first playthrough, and if the game feels stale/outdated, in coop, its still has a chance of being fun because of all the chaos on Legendary, and if it is, then that's where the replayability comes into play.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@hardwenzen: lol Ah, the ol' "played it at a friends house" mantra hence why there's no receipts. That's a good System Wars staple for I have no clue what I'm talking about.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By hardwenzen
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@hardwenzen: lol Ah, the ol' "played it at a friends house" mantra hence why there's no receipts. That's a good System Wars staple for I have no clue what I'm talking about.

You wanted me to buy something i know for a fact isn't great? Or am i supposed to own the game, complete it on all difficulties, get all the achievement before i am able to say anything about it? I played the tdm beta for Infinite at the same place🤷‍♂️ Not too sure what's so hard to believe here. You make a receipt anology, but do you keep a receipt after buying a pack of gum? I think i know the answer to that.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

They know people aren't gonna give two shits about the campaign, so why even waste the effort? No one is really gonna pay attention to RT in MP. Those graphics aren't worth the coat of paint killing performance regardless

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@hardwenzen:

RT will either be utterly lackbusting implemented because AMD, or simple PC only.

AMD cards can't RT for shit.

Seems like the game is sponsored by AMD tho. So its probably going ot have some jank version of RT that does nothing.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 hardwenzen

@Gatygun said:

@hardwenzen:

RT will either be utterly lackbusting implemented because AMD, or simple PC only.

AMD cards can't RT for shit.

Seems like the game is sponsored by AMD tho. So its probably going ot have some jank version of RT that does nothing.

Yea, that's what i am expecting as well. Still, they said a year ago that it will be available after launch. Delay the game by a whole year, and then repeat exactly what they said last year as if an additional 12 months wasn't a thing.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts
@NoodleFighter said:

It's an AMD title so I imagine the raytracing will be pretty underwhelming. We'll likely just get sone low level implementation of RT shadows and at best some hybrid RT reflections.

Definitely, RDNA 2 is not good at that. I wonder if it's worse that the RTX 20 series even at RT.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 HalcyonScarlet
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

This is actually REALLY old news, what is going on. I've been saying it for sometime.

343i are going to be working on Halo Infinite for the next 10 years, including bringing Ray Tracing next year.

So, when they were planning to release the game last year, and told us that the RT patch will be available after launch, they were aiming to release the RT patch 2 years plus after the launch of the game? How is it that this game has been in production for what? Six years? And there's no rt, coop, forge and god knows what else?

You kind of just answered your own question. It was planned for after launch, because they'll have to re-work the engine a little to get it working. Right now it makes more sense to focus on getting the game out.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Honestly I would be fine with RT never coming to Infinite. It has zero impact in my enjoyment of a game.

Have they added RT to Demon's Souls yet?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 hardwenzen

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

This is actually REALLY old news, what is going on. I've been saying it for sometime.

343i are going to be working on Halo Infinite for the next 10 years, including bringing Ray Tracing next year.

So, when they were planning to release the game last year, and told us that the RT patch will be available after launch, they were aiming to release the RT patch 2 years plus after the launch of the game? How is it that this game has been in production for what? Six years? And there's no rt, coop, forge and god knows what else?

You kind of just answered your own question. It was planned for after launch, because they'll have to re-work the engine a little to get it working. Right now it makes more sense to focus on getting the game out.

With the additional year they had, it being included shouldn't even be a question. Doesn't matter if it looks bad or kills the performance. Twelve months is enough to have it ready for 2021. I might have missed it, but i don't recall reading anywhere for when this is planned. It could take them an additional year just to release an RT patch, or even more than a year for all we know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@hardwenzen: Have they added RT to Demon's Souls yet?

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

You wanted me to buy something i know for a fact isn't great? Or am i supposed to own the game, complete it on all difficulties, get all the achievement before i am able to say anything about it? I played the tdm beta for Infinite at the same place🤷‍♂️ Not too sure what's so hard to believe here. You make a receipt anology, but do you keep a receipt after buying a pack of gum? I think i know the answer to that.

Value is relative, and what you do with your time or money is on you. However, your opinion has as much depth as a puddle as clearly demonstrated. Normally, I'm inclined to give the benefit of the doubt when it comes to credibility but you're clearly blowing smoke.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 hardwenzen

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Value is relative, and what you do with your time or money is on you. However, your opinion has as much depth as a puddle as clearly demonstrated. Normally, I'm inclined to give the benefit of the doubt when it comes to credibility but you're clearly blowing smoke.

Blowing smoke for playing a game at a buds house instead of buying it myself? lol okay. I guess i need to take pics and record myself playing some old ass title for you to believe me, otherwise no receipt.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By hardwenzen
@ghost_of_phobos said:

@hardwenzen: Have they added RT to Demon's Souls yet?

Would love that, but Bluepoint never did say that its coming. As a matter of fact, they pre damage controlled not having RT support by saying that RT doesn't make much sense in a game with little reflective surfaces, as if puddles of water, lakes, armors made of metal weren't a thing. Not to mention that RT is not just about reflections. If this game comes out on pc, i am pretty sure that it will support RT, and literally has a chance of being the graphics king if it does and is well implemented.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:

Blowing smoke for playing a game at a buds house instead of buying it myself? lol okay. I guess i need to take pics and record myself playing some old ass title for you to believe me, otherwise no receipt.

Again, it's a SW staple especially for those with loyalties to inanimate objects. Don't sweat it, you're not the first and certainly won't be the last.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@hardwenzen: So no RT

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#70 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@eoten said:

Why would you want to halve your framerate for a 0.001% improvement in reflections on water?

Because the game looks ugly, and with visuals like this, it should be running without RT at an easy 120fps plus. But that's not the case because it was optimized by monkeys.

I should have been more clear. My post was directed at people credible enough to give an honest answer. You certainly do not fit that description.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 hardwenzen

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@hardwenzen said:

Again, it's a SW staple especially for those with loyalties to inanimate objects. Don't sweat it, you're not the first and certainly won't be the last.

I am sweating my balls off, and if i didn't care about the franchise, i wouldn't have these almost 20 years later.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I am sweating my balls off, and if i didn't care about the franchise, i wouldn't have these almost 20 years later.

That's special. Lol

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 hardwenzen

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

That's special. Lol

It is. And what's more special is randomly coming by to a buds house and play a game he had🤷‍♂️

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:

It is. And what's more special is randomly coming by to a buds house and play a game he had🤷‍♂️

It's 2021, no one should judge what special time is performed on your accord.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 hardwenzen

@eoten said:
@hardwenzen said:
@eoten said:

Why would you want to halve your framerate for a 0.001% improvement in reflections on water?

Because the game looks ugly, and with visuals like this, it should be running without RT at an easy 120fps plus. But that's not the case because it was optimized by monkeys.

I should have been more clear. My post was directed at people credible enough to give an honest answer. You certainly do not fit that description.

Don't forget to be clearer next time around.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 HalcyonScarlet

@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

With the additional year they had, it being included shouldn't even be a question. Doesn't matter if it looks bad or kills the performance. Twelve months is enough to have it ready for 2021. I might have missed it, but i don't recall reading anywhere for when this is planned. It could take them an additional year just to release an RT patch, or even more than a year for all we know.

No, do tell us how it works with your extensive experience in AAA game development. :-S

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 hardwenzen

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

No, do tell us how it works with your extensive experience in AAA game development. :-S

Their engine sucks. 343i is incompetent. Here, and no development time was needed.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

Seems only cows really care about these missing things that will be added later. Eh, par for the SW course I suppose.

Halo: Infinite, is going to be the only new Halo around for the next 10 years or more and will be handled much like the super successful Sea of mofo Thieves, receiving Yuuuge updates keeping it fresh as today's headlines and I'll be loving all of it. :P

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@theam0g: didn't say it wasn't...

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 HalcyonScarlet

@hardwenzen said:

Their engine sucks. 343i is incompetent. Here, and no development time was needed.

And what do you know about their engine? :-S

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#81 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@gifford38: we’ll said.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Raytracing looks neato, but it's not a huge deal for me. But the lack of coop is BS. Just delay the campaign until you fix this stuff, ffs.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

Sony Fan continues to obsess over the best console shooter they don’t get to play.