Amazon takes dig at Microsoft and Xbox One

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@OhSnapitz said:

@misterpmedia said:

@OhSnapitz said:

oh.. ok

So now that Sony is shafting it's previous userbase between the buttocks.. the new argument is that.. "well at least Nextflix..ect..ect.. is not behind a pay wall"

Sony is still the lesser of the two evils. No matter how you slice it. The bone is a brick without Live, the PS4 isn't without PS+.

Oooh ok. So Sony fans are getting a reach around. Got it!

Not entirely sure what you're trying to imply lol but I don't think anyone is happy there's a multiplayer gate to go through but at least that's the only gate. People can play happily offline with a fully functional console.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@misterpmedia said:

@OhSnapitz said:

oh.. ok

So now that Sony is shafting it's previous userbase between the buttocks.. the new argument is that.. "well at least Nextflix..ect..ect.. is not behind a pay wall"

Sony is still the lesser of the two evils. No matter how you slice it. The bone is a brick without Live, the PS4 isn't without PS+.

Not entirely sure what you're trying to imply lol but I don't think anyone is happy there's a multiplayer gate to go through but at least that's the only gate. People can play happily offline with a fully functional console.

Oh.. you know what I'm implying.

..but that's why I'm glad there's an influx of single player games right now.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@OhSnapitz said:

@misterpmedia said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@misterpmedia said:

@OhSnapitz said:

oh.. ok

Oh.. you know what I'm implying.

..but that's why I'm glad there's an influx of single player games right now.

Agreed, single player ftw.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

$43

LOL

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live?xr=shellnav#fbid=3uCZ39a4-bq

MS own xbox page $60 dollars..lol

http://www.gamestop.com/dlc/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership/40944

Gamestop.lol

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-live-12-month-gold-membership/1272129.p?id=1218245812240&skuId=1272129&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=1272129&extensionType=pla:g&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!52664219319!g!!25763237199&kpid=1272129&k_clickid=1d945e1f-4024-66a8-f208-000050107aec

Best buy.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/30246569?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227022200312&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=34358013301&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=62452775701&veh=sem

Walmart.

http://www.target.com/p/xbox-live-12-month-gold-membership-59-99-email-delivery/-/A-14982426

Target.

So yeah you can fin a deal doesn't mean the actual price isn't $60 and that many people pay that price period.

@OhSnapitz said:

oh.. ok

The problem is that this thread isn't about online play you butthurt lemming,is about amazon taking a shot at MS for hiding apps under a pay wall which sony doesn't to,even features that don't require xbox live like video recording which is done by the CPU and GPU and HDMI pass which is also done by hardware are hidden under it,which is a joke.

This thread isn't about online play now go make a thread about paying for online play and there you an talk about that,on this one stop your damage control,because as hard as sony is shafting their user base,sony fans have 4 months of been shafted while you lemming have 12 years and counting...Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

@OhSnapitz said:

No matter what you say,you have 12 years paying for xbox live and you have defend it,so now stop been a hypocrite and defend sony charging for PSN+,because we all know online cost money to maintain right.? Like you lemmings use to say.? How MS was force to charge because they could not give it free..lol Yeah apply that to sony know,meanwhile i keep calling it a rip off on sony's part.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#155 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tyloss said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tyloss said:

@StormyJoe said:

@misterpmedia& @tormentos: And you two are the perfect Sony patsies, because you both drink the kool-aid by the gallon.

• Fun fact #1 Netflix has been behind the XBL paywall since it had been on an MS console.
  • Fun fact #2 - the only people who complain about it are Sony fanboys.
  • Fun fact #3 - The only people who talk about XBL Gold costing $60 are Sony fanboys. I have never paid that much, nor do I know anyone who has.

The stupidity is strong in this one.

I always laugh when people like you call other people stupid.

Stupid and Ignorant. Damn.

Again, laughing.

Why are you even responding to any of my posts? When will you get it through your thick melon that I don't give a damn what dolts like you think?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

$43

LOL

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live?xr=shellnav#fbid=3uCZ39a4-bq

MS own xbox page $60 dollars..lol

http://www.gamestop.com/dlc/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership/40944

Gamestop.lol

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-live-12-month-gold-membership/1272129.p?id=1218245812240&skuId=1272129&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=1272129&extensionType=pla:g&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!52664219319!g!!25763237199&kpid=1272129&k_clickid=1d945e1f-4024-66a8-f208-000050107aec

Best buy.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/30246569?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227022200312&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=34358013301&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=62452775701&veh=sem

Walmart.

http://www.target.com/p/xbox-live-12-month-gold-membership-59-99-email-delivery/-/A-14982426

Target.

So yeah you can fin a deal doesn't mean the actual price isn't $60 and that many people pay that price period.

@OhSnapitz said:

oh.. ok

The problem is that this thread isn't about online play you butthurt lemming,is about amazon taking a shot at MS for hiding apps under a pay wall which sony doesn't to,even features that don't require xbox live like video recording which is done by the CPU and GPU and HDMI pass which is also done by hardware are hidden under it,which is a joke.

This thread isn't about online play now go make a thread about paying for online play and there you an talk about that,on this one stop your damage control,because as hard as sony is shafting their user base,sony fans have 4 months of been shafted while you lemming have 12 years and counting...Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

@OhSnapitz said:

No matter what you say,you have 12 years paying for xbox live and you have defend it,so now stop been a hypocrite and defend sony charging for PSN+,because we all know online cost money to maintain right.? Like you lemmings use to say.? How MS was force to charge because they could not give it free..lol Yeah apply that to sony know,meanwhile i keep calling it a rip off on sony's part.

Wow. You can find stuff at full price. That's awesome. Congrats. I noticed that you linked to best buy. What's the matter? Didn't want to bother showing all the $59.99 game + 12 month bundles? Oh, that would have ruined your fantasy, huh?

It;s the same with your other links about Netflix. I said XB users don't care - the only people bitching are Sony fanboys and opinion articles. So, what do you do? Link to a bunch of opinion pieces about "Evil Microsoft and their bad, bad, paywall". You completely ignore all the comments at the end where 360 owners essentially say "we don't care".

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

Wow. You can find stuff at full price. That's awesome. Congrats. I noticed that you linked to best buy. What's the matter? Didn't want to bother showing all the $59.99 game + 12 month bundles? Oh, that would have ruined your fantasy, huh?

It;s the same with your other links about Netflix. I said XB users don't care - the only people bitching are Sony fanboys and opinion articles. So, what do you do? Link to a bunch of opinion pieces about "Evil Microsoft and their bad, bad, paywall". You completely ignore all the comments at the end where 360 owners essentially say "we don't care".

Fact is most places you walk in is $60 period the official price is $60 and you can find a deal,just like you can find an xbox one for less than $500 doesn't mean that is the official price or close.

So when MS say the official price is $46 then you have a point.

No i actually onwed your sorry ass over i AM AN AXBOX 360 OWNER and i hate apps been hidden under a pay wall,i could link 100 pages of forums full with thread about people complaining you will just call then Sony fans and claim they don't even own an xbox 360,much like you people did with the Price hike of xbox live from $50 to $60 which you claim only PS fans complained,when MS forums and even Major nelson was bombarded by people with 60,000,40,000+ ad even more gamerscore complaining about the price hike,saying things like the service is already to expensive when you take into notice that is free on PS3,and things like that,not all people who had an xbox is as blind and biased as you people are.

Many were force to the xbox brand because the xbox 360 was cheaper,but then they had to pay for online once your in there is no scape unless you sold your unit and games for almost nothing.

Yeah fanboys like you say we don't care many do care..

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Yes paying 90$ for Amazon Prime and it's lame tv/movie library and 1 book a month is way better.

If you buy items from Amazon, the free 2-day shipping more than pays for itself.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 bforrester420

@StormyJoe said:

@misterpmedia: Because there are just so many people out there who pay for Xbox Live so that they can use Netflix...

I do all of my TV through streaming services, save for the other-the-air network broadcasts. I don't have a smart TV and I use my PS3 for my optical discs and streaming services. Fortunately I don't have to pay Sony extra money on top of what I pay to Amazon, Netflix, and Redbox Instant.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Yes paying 90$ for Amazon Prime and it's lame tv/movie library and 1 book a month is way better.

If you buy items from Amazon, the free 2-day shipping more than pays for itself.

If I buy something from Amazon it's usually a big enough amount to get free shipping and I can wait an extra 2 days for it.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By bforrester420

@chikenfriedrice said:

@bforrester420 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

If I buy something from Amazon it's usually a big enough amount to get free shipping and I can wait an extra 2 days for it.

I try to buy as much from Amazon as I can in order to avoid paying sales tax. Plus I dropped cable and do all of my TV through streaming. It makes for a nice supplement to Netflix and it costs in a year what cable does in a month.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

Fact is most places you walk in is $60 period the official price is $60 and you can find a deal,just like you can find an xbox one for less than $500 doesn't mean that is the official price or close.

So when MS say the official price is $46 then you have a point.

No i actually onwed your sorry ass over i AM AN AXBOX 360 OWNER and i hate apps been hidden under a pay wall,i could link 100 pages of forums full with thread about people complaining you will just call then Sony fans and claim they don't even own an xbox 360,much like you people did with the Price hike of xbox live from $50 to $60 which you claim only PS fans complained,when MS forums and even Major nelson was bombarded by people with 60,000,40,000+ ad even more gamerscore complaining about the price hike,saying things like the service is already to expensive when you take into notice that is free on PS3,and things like that,not all people who had an xbox is as blind and biased as you people are.

Many were force to the xbox brand because the xbox 360 was cheaper,but then they had to pay for online once your in there is no scape unless you sold your unit and games for almost nothing.

Yeah fanboys like you say we don't care many do care..

Then give me the links. I was not lying when I said "I have not heard anyone on XBL complain". It certainly has not been an issue to make people want to leave XBox for Playstation. So no, you didn't own anything.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 StormyJoe

@bforrester420 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@misterpmedia: Because there are just so many people out there who pay for Xbox Live so that they can use Netflix...

I do all of my TV through streaming services, save for the other-the-air network broadcasts. I don't have a smart TV and I use my PS3 for my optical discs and streaming services. Fortunately I don't have to pay Sony extra money on top of what I pay to Amazon, Netflix, and Redbox Instant.

Well, that's super. My point at the beginning was "there is a remedy for that, buy a PS3/4". You did just that. Nothing wrong with it either. My point has been that those who have a 360/XB1 aren't leaving the XBox brand for a PS3/4 in droves because Netflix is behind the XBL paywall.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@juarbles said:

Hopefully by the time the xbone gets canceled at the beginning of next year Amazon can take over and fill the gap but this time with real games.

Is that around the same time someone buys Sony :)

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#166  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Amazon Fire TV, isn't a true game console. Its a media device with gaming competing against the likes of Apple TV, Chromecast, and Roku

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

^^Speaking of which.

I've had a Prime trial for about a month now. My verdict? Completely underwhelming and overhyped. I know there are people that benefit and there is a market there. But I saw no real discernible reason to pay for it. The service works great WHEN it works. But many items don't get shipped as quick, and then their streaming service is pretty horrid compared to Netflix and even Hulu.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@juarbles said:

Hopefully by the time the xbone gets canceled at the beginning of next year Amazon can take over and fill the gap but this time with real games.

Butthurt Rhetoric

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@tyloss said:

@shawn30 said:

@juarbles said:

Butthurt Rhetoric

What is the Cow obsession with ass? Everythings butthurt to you guys, lol. Can you talk like an adult ever?

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By tyloss

@shawn30 said:

@tyloss said:

@shawn30 said:

@juarbles said:

Butthurt Rhetoric

What is the Cow obsession with ass? Everythings butthurt to you guys, lol. Can you talk like an adult ever?

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

It still boggles my mind how Microsoft gets away with this stuff. I am totally ok with Microsoft making an online service for Xbox, but why does it require 60$ yearly to access 1/2 of my game which I already paid for?

Nobody puts emphasis on this, it's crazy.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Lol amazon trying to get a dig? They better bring more than just mentioning a pay wall to compete in this realm.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 tyloss

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Lol amazon trying to get a dig? They better bring more than just mentioning a pay wall to compete in this realm.

Loading Video...

This Video alone destroyed the Xbox brand.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@tyloss: Sony just trolls, they don't know how to be a real company. Enjoy them while they still exist Ty.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 tyloss

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@tyloss: Sony just trolls, they don't know how to be a real company. Enjoy them while they still exist Ty.

Seems I struck a nerve.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#177 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

So wait. You're saying that I'm paying $60/year to watch netflix on top of my netflix bill?

If that's the case it wouldn't be 3yrs. before I'd have spent enough to get a Amazon Fire TV and a couple controllers.

I have not another netflix-capable stream device and I'm thinking of cancelling Live Gold on account of it's exorbitant movie streaming paywall fees.

This puppy might fit the bill. I'll have to consult martha, my wife, first. Thank you, Amazon.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@misterpmedia: That's exactly what I've been thinking for a good while now, can't see anyone defending this BS.