Am I the only one not impressed with Vita's Game Library?

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts
agree. the vita library is full of shooters/sequel/prequels/console ports....i want a platformer
EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

It hasnt been out for a month, and it had one of the best launch lineup i've ever seen actually

ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts
agree. the vita library is full of shooters/sequel/prequels/console ports....i want a platformernarutosup
Little Big Planet (incoming)
HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13636 Posts

To be fair the 3DS has only just come into it's own. I know the problem for the Vita is that there is a cheaper alternative that has decent games, at the same time any console takes about a year until it's actually worth getting.

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"][QUOTE="p4s2p0"] 7 and and 4 are the only 2 final fantasy's on psn for vita right now.sSubZerOo

Huh? If 7 plays, then surely 8 and 9 do aswell?

Vita can't play PSone classics yet unfortunatley, cant' wait til I can.. I didn't psp.. So even if I got the vita it would stil have a huge library for me with PSone classics and PSP titles.

Thats a deal breaker for me. If it never plays PS1 games, I wont buy one. Hope they sort that out soon.
Valentino07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#106 Valentino07
Member since 2005 • 1601 Posts

Yeah it is because 1. I enjoy them on my ps3 2. I don't have time to sit and play ps3 10 hours a day. So portable versions of some of my favorite franchises are exactly what I want. As far as them not being close to the home console versions, you obviously havent even tried the Vita. Uncharted, Wipeout, and MLB the show 12 are damn close to the home versions. They are perfect for a busy person such as myself. todd2r

Console ports for $40-$50 then, that's even worse. And actually yes I have owned a Vita but didn't like it so I sold it on ebay. Paying over $300 for something that doesn't even have a great lineup of games is a ripoff.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Nope, I'm pretty sure half of the forum is with you.

And the other half are cows, so...

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
the only vita game that interests me is wipeout and I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually ported it to the PS3
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
It already has more games for it that I want than the 3DS does. Too bad I don't think the Vita is worth the current price due to the memory cards. I am holding off for a few years. By then there will be even more games.
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

No you're not the only one but you are in the minority big time. The launch lineup was downright amazing!

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"] Huh? If 7 plays, then surely 8 and 9 do aswell? BibiMaghoo

Vita can't play PSone classics yet unfortunatley, cant' wait til I can.. I didn't psp.. So even if I got the vita it would stil have a huge library for me with PSone classics and PSP titles.

Thats a deal breaker for me. If it never plays PS1 games, I wont buy one. Hope they sort that out soon.

I don't get it honestly, the PSP can.. Why the hell doesn't the vita?

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 SRTtoZ

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

sSubZerOo

I don't get it honestly, the PSP can.. Why the hell doesn't the vita?

Sony already made a statement saying its coming and they are working on getting it implemented ASAP. Its just something that wasnt ready in time for launch, it happens all the time. At least they acknowledged it and its coming.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

No you're not the only one but you are in the minority big time. The launch lineup was downright amazing!

SRTtoZ

A good launch line up does not mean there are good games for Vita right now.

Just that it didn't launch without anything "heavy".

And the line up is trash, now. Waiting on both a price drop and something worthwhile before I pick one up.

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 SRTtoZ

[QUOTE="SRTtoZ"]

mmmwksil

A good launch line up does not mean there are good games for Vita right now.

Just that it didn't launch without anything "heavy".

And the line up is trash, now. Waiting on both a price drop and something worthwhile before I pick one up.

Considering the Vita just launched with a 'good launch lineup' means the Vita has good games right now. If we were talking about 2 years from now, the launch lineup would mean nothing, but your statement makes ZERO sense.

Uncharted, Wipeout. Lumines, MLB, UMvC3, Motorstorm RC, Blazblue, Virtua Tennis, Super Stardust Delta, Fifa and Rayman all have good Metacritic ratings, thats pretty impressive for a LAUNCH. Launch lineups usually have 1 good game and then you need to wait around for the rest, this wasnt the case with Vita. Great launch lineup and now we wait for major events and announcements. If this doesnt appeal to you then thats fine, its not going to appeal to everyone, but it doesnt mean because you dont like it then its trash. Just deal with it.

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

the PSP original had some great exclusives

ghost of sparta / chains of olympus

crisis core

metal gears

these things are real great i just don't see nany vita exclusives right now tho that are worth shelling 40 bux for

DEVS MAKE US SOME VITA GAMES this system feels great an theres none out now that are must buys if u make one good will buy it in masses

ProtossX

Unless you count Metal Gear Acid then none of those games that you just mentioned came out within the first year of it being out. Most didn't even appear in the first 4 years. Ghost of Sparta came out 6 years after the PSP did.

Why do you somehow expect the Vita to have a comparable library in 1 month that took the PSP 6 to 7 years to reach? Calm down. This is the price of being an early adopter. There isn't a system released to date that hasn't had a lull in its releases.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

Just deal with it.

SRTtoZ

Seems I hit a nerve. :roll:

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#118 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Nah. The launch lineup is good, can't deny that. But that doesn't make it a good lineup overall which is why I didn't buy it and got a 3DS which is a lot cheaper and has games I wanted to play already.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

No, it has good games, I just have and could already play many of them. The 3DS library was similar for a while.

PinnacleGamingP

hows the PS3 coming along :)

I don;t game at school so I haven't played many games but I love the thing needless to say. It sits proudly beside my Wii and I'm getting even more gaming goodness out of it than expected. (I do despise how every game has 800 updates though since its hard to get my friends together even just for online)

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts
[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

No, it has good games, I just have and could already play many of them. The 3DS library was similar for a while.

hows the PS3 coming along :)

I don;t game at school so I haven't played many games but I love the thing needless to say. It sits proudly beside my Wii and I'm getting even more gaming goodness out of it than expected. (I do despise how every game has 800 updates though since its hard to get my friends together even just for online)

yes the games do update often and frequently, which is actually a good sign, they are being taken care of :)
mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 mysticstryk
Member since 2008 • 1709 Posts

The Vita had a very strong launch lineup but I was only interested in Uncharted. The only game that Sony has officially announced for a future release is Gravity Rush, so I'll be holding off on one for awhile.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"] hows the PS3 coming along :)PinnacleGamingP

yes the games do update often and frequently, which is actually a good sign, they are being taken care of :)

I'm not a fan of a game released like a month before having 30 minutes worth of updates but that's just me.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#123 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

The Vita had a very strong launch lineup but I was only interested in Uncharted. The only game that Sony has officially announced for a future release is Gravity Rush, so I'll be holding off on one for awhile.

mysticstryk

you mean the only game you are interested in? Because there are loads of games announced coming this year.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#124 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
You're not alone. I've seen absolutely nothing that strikes me as particularly interesting at launch besides Uncharted. Honestly the only games I sorta have interest for on the Vita are Persona 4: The Golden and Gravity Rush.
Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts
Huzzah for opinions, opinions are great and I'm glad everyone likes to voice it. But opinions are not facts, it's great that some of you don't like the launch lineup because of your preference but it still doesn't change the fact that the Vita lineup was pretty great. Alot more decent games to come out this year for it too.