Am I the only one not impressed with Vita's Game Library?

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ProtossX (2880 posts) -

i mean no offense or anything but i hate waiting to get a system so i decided to just buy the vita an so im gonna have it the whole life span etc

well the games on it are pretty bad

im playing alot of psp originals like gow / square-enix games

but psp Vita games are all meh to me so far this thing has so much potential ppl just gotta make some big hits on here an will buy them were waitin for them ya kno?

#2 Posted by tagyhag (15874 posts) -
Well it barely came out...Give it a few years and if it sells well enough it should have some noteworthy exclusives. Starting with Gravity Rush.
#3 Posted by Slashless (9528 posts) -

There are 7,000,000,000 people in this world.

So probably not.

#4 Posted by Big_Pecks (5973 posts) -

You have a ton of people behind you in this forum.

#5 Posted by ProtossX (2880 posts) -

the PSP original had some great exclusives

ghost of sparta / chains of olympus

crisis core

metal gears

these things are real great i just don't see nany vita exclusives right now tho that are worth shelling 40 bux for

DEVS MAKE US SOME VITA GAMES this system feels great an theres none out now that are must buys if u make one good will buy it in masses

#6 Posted by Eponique (17918 posts) -
It looks pretty horrible in terms of exclusives.
#7 Posted by tjricardo089 (7429 posts) -

Well it barely came out...tagyhag

/thread

#8 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (23625 posts) -
I am unimpressed with how much the Vita memory cards cost. 100 dollars for a 32 GB card? F*cking ridiculous. So I ordered a 3DS instead.
#9 Posted by Silverbond (16130 posts) -
Obviously.
#10 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

I still plan on getting one, but only when the libary gives me a good reason too.

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
#11 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -
sony systems are always slow on launch lineups but this is due to the fact that they bring quality software afterwards and not last gen shovelware like perfect dark zero which was an xbox game released on the 360 to create an illusion of a launch line up (and thats only 1 example of their sorry pathetic near launch lineup)
#12 Posted by _SWAG_ (2674 posts) -

last time i check the vita is becoming the fastest best selling handheld all over the world and got the best games. its been two days in a row now and i cant find it in stores, its selling like cakes that are hot

#13 Posted by Badosh (12770 posts) -
Yeah, the line-up is lackluster.
#14 Posted by ProtossX (2880 posts) -

swag what are the "best" games are they out now or when are they comin u didnt list anything for me

#15 Posted by Frostbite24 (4538 posts) -

last time i check the vita is becoming the fastest best selling handheld all over the world and got the best games. its been two days in a row now and i cant find it in stores, its selling like cakes that are hot

_SWAG_

LMAO! "fastest best selling handheld all over the world and got the best games." I like your style man, hahahaha. +20 points for making squirt ginger ale out my nose.

#16 Posted by MonsieurX (37415 posts) -

_SWAG_
That's cute.
#17 Posted by ArchoNils2 (9809 posts) -

lol it's the guy saying SS is the better than any PS3/x360 game xD Anyway, I love the launch title, mainly because some of my fav. franchises were launch titles (Disgaea, Dynasty Warriors, katamari) which justified an import for me. I also like other series like Lumines or MNR which launched later at the EU/US launch. So both launches combined it's my personal fav. launch ever, but that's just me. Objectivly spoken, it actually is still very strong with varied titles for different genres and pretty strong first party IPs

#18 Posted by Videodogg (12611 posts) -

I love every one of the 14 games i have on the Vita. I am more than satisfied. They are all high quailty with great controls and deep game play. Just how many games do i need to play at one time? Much better than my 3DS collection at this time, i only have 6 games for that. They are good games too, but not as good as what i have on my Vita.

#19 Posted by lamprey263 (35174 posts) -
I'm not impressed with the library yet but I am impressed with the device, saw the demo at the game store I'm rather impressed with the large screen size, but don't plan on getting one anytime soon. Persona 4: The Golden would interest me if I didn't already have the PS2 game, but if one hasn't played those then it'd make for one of the best RPG games available on a handheld.
#20 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22928 posts) -
well no duh. As to be expected of a launch linup. I mean it's better than what the 3ds had at launch but that's still not saying much
#21 Posted by finalstar2007 (27942 posts) -

Well it just came out recently, new platforms are always like this, we should be able to see more being announced during E3 but yeah after i beat uncharted:golden abyss i really dont know what else i should play :P.. escape plan got all boring on me so i prbably will play psp games on it till more games get announced

#22 Posted by princemarth23 (9229 posts) -

Yeah it has pretty much nothing for me right now. I'll be holding out for quite a while instead of picking one up early and barely playing it, like my PSP.

#23 Posted by madsnakehhh (16266 posts) -

I'm not either but to each of his own.

#24 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -
Yeah, the line-up is lackluster.Badosh
#25 Posted by todd2r (2615 posts) -
I think the Vitas library is pretty good actually. I have Uncharted, Wipeout, Hot Shots Golf, Motorstorm RC, and MLB the show 12. I've had a great time with it. Portable MLB the show is worth the price of admission alone.
#26 Posted by freedomfreak (50297 posts) -

Golden Abyss looks pretty cool.

Some people have said it's the best UC game yet.

#27 Posted by LovePotionNo9 (4751 posts) -
I know what you mean in a way. I like what's available on it, but most of the games don't seem different enough from the previous games in each series. But then again it's nice to have portable high quality versions of those games and not watered down ones. I'm waiting until the prices of current games drop and some newer, interesting ones start releasing. I like some of the downloadable games like Tales From Space and Super Stardust Delta. Waiting on Rayman Origins to drop in price or have a sale, since I would double dipping on it. Gravity Rush looks pretty good. Army Corpse of Hell looks interesting, but I'm not really in the mood to play that kind of game right now (maybe later), but it looks very interesting.
#28 Posted by finalstar2007 (27942 posts) -

freedomfreak

Golden Abyss is great! but i wouldnt say the best UC.. UC3 is the best UC game yet imo but Golden Abyss is up there.. its a long game too it took me 2 weeks to finish and it takes a great advantage of what the Vita can do escpially spining, you move around and you can aim using your vita like your really holding a gun

#29 Posted by tagyhag (15874 posts) -

freedomfreak

It looks just like Uncharted 1 so I highly doubt that. :P

#30 Posted by gensigns (1487 posts) -

Most people are not impressed with the Vita's library, thats why it sells so badly.

#31 Posted by freedomfreak (50297 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]

tagyhag

I liked the first Uncharted :(

#32 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

But the thing is, you don't have a PSVita.

#33 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]

freedomfreak

You sir, are awesome for that.

#34 Posted by freedomfreak (50297 posts) -

You sir, are awesome for that.

Blabadon

#35 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -
I think the Vitas library is pretty good actually. I have Uncharted, Wipeout, Hot Shots Golf, Motorstorm RC, and MLB the show 12. I've had a great time with it. Portable MLB the show is worth the price of admission alone. todd2r
it is excellent, just not by sony standards...by microsoft standards maybe, but i compare it to what it will be down the line, and it will be amazing, much much better than it is now.
Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
#36 Posted by Jolt_counter119 (4226 posts) -

It has a ridiculous lineup. Lumines, Wipeout, Uncharted plus good ports like Ninja Gaiden, UMvC, Rayman Origins, plus Gravity Rush, Little Big Planet, and Resistance coming in the next few months. 3DS didn't get anything notable until Ocarina of Time.

Vita launch spanked 3DS launch but I'm still not getting one because of stupid memory card costs.

#37 Posted by WTA2k5 (3999 posts) -

There are more games that interest me that are coming out for the Vita by the end of the year than there are for the 3DS.

#38 Posted by ArchoNils2 (9809 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]

tagyhag

I actually ddinished all Ucs, including GA as my first imported JP game. Wheter you call it the best or not depends on what you search in a game. If it is gameplay, GA easely wins. If it is "oh my got he just enters a vehicle, it's gotta be destroyed in a flashy effect" you're searching for, then you won't like it ^^

#39 Posted by gensigns (1487 posts) -

what it will be down the linePinnacleGamingP

#40 Posted by tarzanell (1503 posts) -
If you're talking about current lineup, then yeah, other than UC and Rayman, the rest are niche / mediocre. If you're talking about upcoming lineup, then wait for Gravity Daze, Persona 4, FFX, Bioshock, and all the other crap that hasn't been announced, and I'm sure you'll be a-slapping them butt cheeks with glee before long.
#41 Posted by Blake135 (3994 posts) -

The 3DS just NOW has good games worthwhile, the Vita hasn't been out for very long..stop complaining, people have no patience these days.

#42 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -
cant wait for bioshock, persona, final fantasy and other great releases on the vita!!
#43 Posted by CooperThief (648 posts) -

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]

freedomfreak

But Golden Abyss actually does improve on some things from the series. The treasure system is phenominal imo. You actually have a reason to be collecting treasures.

#44 Posted by todd2r (2615 posts) -

The 3DS just NOW has good games worthwhile, the Vita hasn't been out for very long..stop complaining, people have no patience these days.

Blake135
This^. The 3DS' library still isn't great. People just want to hate the Vita cause it's Sony without ever having tried the thing.
#45 Posted by tagyhag (15874 posts) -

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]

freedomfreak

Meh, I found the bullet sponge enemies very boring and it wasn't as cinematically entertaining as 2 was.

#46 Posted by CooperThief (648 posts) -

If you're talking about current lineup, then yeah, other than UC and Rayman, the rest are niche / mediocre. If you're talking about upcoming lineup, then wait for Gravity Daze, Persona 4, FFX, Bioshock, and all the other crap that hasn't been announced, and I'm sure you'll be a-slapping them butt cheeks with glee before long.tarzanell

#47 Posted by blacktorn (8299 posts) -
Well it barely came out...Give it a few years and if it sells well enough it should have some noteworthy exclusives. Starting with Gravity Rush.tagyhag
+1
#48 Posted by themajormayor (25726 posts) -

There are 7,00,00,000 people in this world.

So probably not.

Slashless
70 million?
#49 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -

:lol: Handhelds usually have the weakest library out of all the systems. You're not the only one dude.

#50 Posted by babycakin (1597 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blake135"]

todd2r

This^. The 3DS' library still isn't great. People just want to hate the Vita cause it's Sony without ever having tried the thing.

IMO, The Vita doesn't have that great of a selection, the 3DS is better. But it's all just preferences, no opinion is the correct answer in these forums anyways ^.^

And yes TC, the Vita has just released, what did you expect :O Can't wait for Final Fantasy Type-0