Am i REALLY this naive??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17457 Posts

Ok, ive given this alot of thought before posting, and i just couldnt figure it out. Now i can understand people defending their console of choice, i can even begin to understand how one can avoid the flaws of that system. But i seriously cannot understand how someone rationalizes actively bashing another console. Like, what drives one to create a hate thread?? Why would anyone bash a console based of false information?? Am i the only one who notices that its childish BEFORE posting it?? What do you think people's reasons are for creating troll threads?? What do you think drives fanboyism?? Do you consider console bashing childish?? Explain..........

pl

TehSonofUgly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TehSonofUgly
Member since 2008 • 1643 Posts

This is the internet, we will not tolerate your "logic" and "reasoning."

:P

Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Unforgiven2870
Member since 2004 • 6386 Posts

Ok, ive given this alot of thought before posting, and i just couldnt figure it out. Now i can understand people defending their console of choice, i can even begin to understand how one can avoid the flaws of that system. But i seriously cannot understand how someone rationalizes actively bashing another console. Like, what drives one to create a hate thread?? Why would anyone bash a console based of false information?? Am i the only one who notices that its childish BEFORE posting it?? What do you think people's reasons are for creating troll threads?? What do you think drives fanboyism?? Do you consider console bashing childish?? Explain..........

pl

navyguy21

Look what forum your posting in...This is SW stick around long enough as i have its endless but a good bit of it is very very comical

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
because it gets responses like this from people like you..plus its what the forum is about..
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Probably because they're pre-teens, and it's only normal for them to act childish.

I mean it's not like you "have" to be 18 to join this site you know?

FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts

Am i the only one who notices that its childish...??

navyguy21

There are lots of kids on this site. Kids going through puberty.

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts
lulz from the pic. I love that movie. :lol: Just immaturity and a borderline prejudice against something that doesn't suit them.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 navyguy21
[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]lulz from the pic. I love that movie. :lol: Just immaturity and a borderline prejudice against something that doesn't suit them.

lol, its one of my favorites also :P on topic - maybe i just try to make sense where there is none?? lol. Im just confused as to how so many people can believe all the PR bullcrap going around so easily, and how they tell themselves it ok to troll :P
Valiant_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Valiant_Rebel
Member since 2009 • 4197 Posts

You should ask them how much money the company they are defending pays them.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Sometimes, when people argue, they are not aiming to persaude the other, but also to make himself look more powerful and dominant. They talk down the other to make themselves not only to appear to have the "right" opinion, but the one worthy and smart enough to hold that opinion, while those who do not share that opinion are lesser of importance or intelligence compared to those who have "justified" themselves.

*sometimes.

This could be a possibility? I dunno, just a theory, there could be other reasons.

Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Unforgiven2870

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]lulz from the pic. I love that movie. :lol: Just immaturity and a borderline prejudice against something that doesn't suit them.navyguy21
lol, its one of my favorites also :P on topic - maybe i just try to make sense where there is none?? lol. Im just confused as to how so many people can believe all the PR bullcrap going around so easily, and how they tell themselves it ok to troll :P

It is quite tricky but give a few months you'll be use to it trust me i been around on GS forums for about 6 years almost haha

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Some do it to try to justify themselves not buying and enjoying them all, some do it out of boredom or spite, some (like me) just come here to laugh at all the contradictions.

Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Unforgiven2870

Some do it to try to justify themselves not buying and enjoying them all, some do it out of boredom or spite, some (like me) just come here to laugh at all the contradictions.

Bigboi500

of course you would :P

DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts

This is the internet, we will not tolerate your "logic" and "reasoning."

:P

TehSonofUgly
This. People abandon logic, reasoning, and rationale in order to justify their purchase. I'm assuming many on here are teenagers and/or don't make too much money or can afford to have all the systems (or more than one), so they feel as if they need to make sure what they purchased is superior in order to not feel left out or feel as if they made the wrong choice. Others that have multiple systems (or claim to, anyway) are just bias - which is completely fine, it's human nature to be bias. And the others? Well, it's the internet, they'll do anything to get a rise out of people.
zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
Without those same people SW would be boring. It would just be "(Insert game here) got a 9.0". Some people take it too far, but we're all just here to have fun and laugh
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I will occasionally write a RROD bash but that is because I had 4 in a little over 2 years and no longer own a 360 because of it. I will always say it is a great console with a good game lineup but it will always have its Achilles' heel.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
because it gets responses like this from people like you..plus its what the forum is about..daveg1
This, this -Indeed.
whatisazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 whatisazerg
Member since 2009 • 2371 Posts

Some people feel the need to validate their purchase. Others are just insecure and want to feel manly by putting someone else down (internet courage, gotta love it). Some people just aren't nice people, it's in their nature. And people like me just hate certain fanboys so much that we'll make fun of and laugh at a particular piece of hardware just to annoy that faction of fanboyism.

salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 salxis
Member since 2009 • 4280 Posts
You guys are taking this way too seriously, the forum title said it all "System war" what posts were you expecting :? I am sure the majority of posters here aren't truly a fan boy, but just posting it to stir up some "heated" discussion, and having a good time
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

lulz from the pic. I love that movie. :lol: Just immaturity and a borderline prejudice against something that doesn't suit them.SpiritOfFire117

I forgot wich one of Jim Carrey´s movies this is, is it "Dumb & Dumber"?

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 navyguy21

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]lulz from the pic. I love that movie. :lol: Just immaturity and a borderline prejudice against something that doesn't suit them.aroxx_ab

Yep, and some kind soul has uploaded th whole movie to youtube :D

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

navyguy21

Well, we DO have more than a healthy amount of adolescent members... and that's gonna have an effect on stuff like that. And yeah, fanboys are fanboys. It's pretty easy to ignore the negative spin a fanboy puts on something after you've already gotten so used to ignoring all the positive stuff he says about the object of his desire :P

What trips me out is seeing people who consider themselves unbiased - who actively advertise themselves as against such fanboyish acts even - so commonly lose their veneer of impartiality when the object of their scorn seems vunerable. If haters were considered their own fanboy contingent, they'd be the largest SW group on here by far.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]lulz from the pic. I love that movie. :lol: Just immaturity and a borderline prejudice against something that doesn't suit them.navyguy21

Yep, and some kind soul has uploaded th whole movie to youtube :D

Haha ok, i just put an order on the movie from a internet store, cant wait to see that again. Thx :D

gamewhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gamewhat
Member since 2007 • 926 Posts

Lets put it this way mr.navy. WHy do you really care? You actually come to system wars and think you're gonna find love. Cmon now. Yes you are naive, and I'm here to tell you why. It goes by a song called.........Cmon you know man..............Lookin for love in all the wrong places! Thats all it is, and if there is nothing to post about to bash another system then I think you should take a pick on another forum and leave this one alone. Please.........with sugar on top.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
(Sgt. Apone voice): I love System Wars, every opinion is a fact, every argument is a flamebait! :lol:
VeryGnawty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 VeryGnawty
Member since 2009 • 148 Posts

You're taking this way too seriously

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
People who like one console don't necessarily hate the other, they bash it to make their console look better is all.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#28 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

You should ask them how much money the company they are defending pays them.

Valiant_Rebel
Now that makes sense...
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#29 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
What do you think people's reasons are for creating troll threads??navyguy21
They think it's funny. Isn't that why they're trolls and not just fanboys?
Kleeyook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#30 Kleeyook
Member since 2008 • 5213 Posts
As long as there's more than ONE system, system war will never end.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 navyguy21

Lets put it this way mr.navy. WHy do you really care? You actually come to system wars and think you're gonna find love. Cmon now. Yes you are naive, and I'm here to tell you why. It goes by a song called.........Cmon you know man..............Lookin for love in all the wrong places! Thats all it is, and if there is nothing to post about to bash another system then I think you should take a pick on another forum and leave this one alone. Please.........with sugar on top.

gamewhat

You're taking this way too seriously

VeryGnawty
lol, i think you guys may be right lol. I guess you cant really make sense out of nonsense :P
glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10311 Posts

I have been reading GS forums for like 6 years now(including SW) and I can just say, you get used to it. Anyways it's not just a SW thing, it's an interwebz thing.

Wings_008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 173

#33 Wings_008
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
fanboys are like car problems, no matter what they will always show up at the worst moment