Am i mental, or just a fat brat?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SystemWarsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SystemWarsMan
Member since 2007 • 913 Posts
I have the PS3 hooked up to my 37 inch Westinghouse 1080P, this monitor HDTV is also hooked up to my AMD 3700+ 6800 Ultra 1 Gig of 2,2,2,2 ram and I overclock the mother off of it.  Then I have a 32 Inch Bravia XBR, the newest model, hooked up to a 360 with wireless adapter.  I then Have my living room where I have a Wii hooked up via components, and a 360 hooked up ethernet matched with a Sony 42 inch Grand Wega that also has Hd-dvd drive with the 360.  I have a 30 mb pipe coming to the house, yet I feel that I am worthless without IPTV. 
SystemWarsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SystemWarsMan
I'm surprised you managed to get PoS3 to work on a westinghouseXboxUnderground
Why is that????
Avatar image for XboxUnderground
XboxUnderground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XboxUnderground
Member since 2003 • 20965 Posts
anywho i've got PS3, 360, and my PC hooked up to a 56" 1080p tv :D
SystemWarsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SystemWarsMan
Its HDMI but it does have issues. Expect stupid issues when you buy a 1080p for 1000 bucks. Overall, the Monitor is a steal because the picture is great.
Avatar image for secretsaiyan007
secretsaiyan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 secretsaiyan007
Member since 2006 • 4508 Posts
I don't believe you. A screen would be good.
XboxUnderground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XboxUnderground
[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]I'm surprised you managed to get PoS3 to work on a westinghouseSystemWarsMan
Why is that????

because the vast majority of them have issues synching up w/ teh HDCP and you are left with a signal that flashes in and out the only known fix is unplugging the cable from your PoS3 and plugging it back in after you turn it on every time
SystemWarsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SystemWarsMan
[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]anywho i've got PS3, 360, and my PC hooked up to a 56" 1080p tv :D

Nice kid, what kind of HDTV is it?
SystemWarsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SystemWarsMan
[QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]I'm surprised you managed to get PoS3 to work on a westinghouseXboxUnderground
Why is that????

because the vast majority of them have issues synching up w/ teh HDCP and you are left with a signal that flashes in and out the only known fix is unplugging the cable from your PoS3 and plugging it back in after you turn it on every time

Yeah I deal with it, Im thinking about putting back the 360 which I had running 1080P on this via component and just put the PS3 on the Bravia, its 32 inches so its not a 1080p.
XboxUnderground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XboxUnderground
[QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]anywho i've got PS3, 360, and my PC hooked up to a 56" 1080p tv :D

Samsung HLS5687w  PC games look crazy good on it :)
SystemWarsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SystemWarsMan
[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"][QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]anywho i've got PS3, 360, and my PC hooked up to a 56" 1080p tv :D

Wow very impressed... that is sweetness. How much was the TV?
Huff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Huff
Member since 2003 • 2132 Posts
[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"][QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]I'm surprised you managed to get PoS3 to work on a westinghouseSystemWarsMan
Why is that????

Yeah I deal with it, Im thinking about putting back the 360 which I had running 1080P on this via component and just put the PS3 on the Bravia, its 32 inches so its not a 1080p.

i know some samsung dlp's accept 1080p through component.  I didnt know that the westys did.
SystemWarsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SystemWarsMan
[QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"][QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]I'm surprised you managed to get PoS3 to work on a westinghouseHuff
Why is that????

i know some samsung dlp's accept 1080p through component.  I didnt know that the westys did.

Yep and its looks good. The remote and the speakers are major garbage, but they did a good job with the picture and inputs.
XboxUnderground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 XboxUnderground
[QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"][QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]I'm surprised you managed to get PoS3 to work on a westinghouseHuff
Why is that????

i know some samsung dlp's accept 1080p through component. I didnt know that the westys did.

ya, it's not something they advertise but all of their 1080p sets do I had a 42w2 for like 2 weeks but then the friggan HDCP synching issue with PS3 pissed me off so much I returned it :D
XboxUnderground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XboxUnderground
[QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"][QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]anywho i've got PS3, 360, and my PC hooked up to a 56" 1080p tv :D

I got it in a bundle on boxing day(in canada) for $2500 CAD with a Samsung HD960 1080p upconverting DVD player(which retails for $250) but I've got that on my other DLP :D w/ my 2 sats
SystemWarsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SystemWarsMan
[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"][QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"][QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]anywho i've got PS3, 360, and my PC hooked up to a 56" 1080p tv :D

I got it in a bundle on boxing day(in canada) for $2500 CAD with a Samsung HD960 1080p upconverting DVD player(which retails for $250) nice day, you must of loved hooking that bad boy up. Upconverting DVD lol I remember I was so into them. I purchased a Oppo player for 250 and now I wanna throw the thing out cause I have Blue Ray and HD-DVD. I love this stuff so much, my wife thinks im insane. but I've got that on my other DLP :D w/ my 2 sats

SystemWarsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SystemWarsMan
I was really impressed with the Bravia. I mean Sony does make really good HDTV's. I wonder what a Fujisui HDTV looks like.
SystemWarsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SystemWarsMan
What kind of sound do you have hooked up to the Samsung.
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
I want a new TV. I can't take good screenshots from an older Wega 720p tube. :| I like the midrange Bravias, they look good.
XboxUnderground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 XboxUnderground
[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]I'm surprised you managed to get PoS3 to work on a westinghouseSystemWarsMan

oh hell man I don't know it's a few years old Sony 5.1 HTIB right now I've got my better sound system on the other tv
SystemWarsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SystemWarsMan
[QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]I'm surprised you managed to get PoS3 to work on a westinghouseXboxUnderground

oh hell man I don't know it's a few years old Sony 5.1 HTIB right now I've got my better sound system on the other tv

well I know you can do some crazy stuff with the PS3 sound scheme, run 7.1 uncompressed Audio which is impressive. Need a 800 to 1000 dollar amp though.
XboxUnderground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 XboxUnderground
[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"][QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]I'm surprised you managed to get PoS3 to work on a westinghouseSystemWarsMan

well I know you can do some crazy stuff with the PS3 sound scheme, run 7.1 uncompressed Audio which is impressive. Need a 800 to 1000 dollar amp though.

ya, I'll never invest enough in a theatre system to make it worth while sound isnt' nearly as important to me as the video is
SystemWarsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SystemWarsMan
[QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"][QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]I'm surprised you managed to get PoS3 to work on a westinghouseXboxUnderground

ya, I'll never invest enough in a theatre system to make it worth while sound isnt' nearly as important to me as the video is

I would if I had the money. Cool stuff though. Good night and enjoy your 1080p 55 inch ...