Alpha Dog Jimbo wants cross play in more games

  • 54 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

17086

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17086 Posts

https://www.axios.com/playstations-fortnite-minecraft-sony-22acafe7-86c7-4a37-b6cd-b1789fd40c46.htm

Sony wants cross-platform multiplayer, or cross-play, in more games, PlayStation chief Jim Ryan told Axios in a recent interview.

Why it matters: Times have changed. Market-leading PlayStation notoriously dragged its feet in allowing multiplayer games to connect PlayStation fans with players on other devices.

"We support and encourage cross-play," Ryan told us, noting cross-play with PlayStation works on numerous big games such as "Fortnite," "Rocket League," "Call of Duty," "Minecraft," and, soon, "Destiny 2."

"That number will continue to grow," he said.

It's great to see Sony pushing for pro-gamer features and policies. As the market leader it ain't even in their best interest to have cross-play, but they are thinking about the ghost town community on Xbox and want to give Xbox users a full lobby to play with during these dark times for lemmings after a brutal E3.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

11178

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 11178 Posts

They better start with BL3. I hear there was a massive backlash just a few weeks ago because playstation was the only system not being able to play with the others.

I want crossplay in every multiplayer game with no exceptions. Its an important feature. Diablo 2 remake better have this shit. ITS NEEDED. Same applies to Elden Ring.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

35600

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 35600 Posts

Great to hear. I knew that trying to hold back cross-play was just trying to hold back the inevitable. It’s just too beneficial to consumers and developers. Nice to see this continue to push forward.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

53062

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#4 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 53062 Posts

Microsoft forced them in a corner. πŸ˜‚ I remember the days where Sony fannies were against cross-play and now they are for it like true shills. 🀣

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

58901

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 58901 Posts

Imagine being last to the fight, and thinking it's a win.

Avatar image for regnaston
regnaston

3202

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 3202 Posts

"Alphadog" ??? do your threads always have to have stupid titles?

Avatar image for Telekill
Telekill

11468

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#7 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 11468 Posts

I'm still not a fan of cross play. I like that many games allow the ability to turn it off.

Avatar image for WitIsWisdom
WitIsWisdom

7656

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#8 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 7656 Posts

Nothing at all is wrong with cross play, they just need to separate input devices. This should be standard practice moving forward.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

46514

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 46514 Posts

If any genre needs them, it's fighting games.

Avatar image for clone01
clone01

29061

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29061 Posts

Why would you call a businessman an "alpha dog?" That's kinda sad.

Avatar image for regnaston
regnaston

3202

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#11 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 3202 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

Nothing at all is wrong with cross play, they just need to separate input devices. This should be standard practice moving forward.

agreed controllers together and M&K together

Avatar image for girlusocrazy
GirlUSoCrazy

14003

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#12 GirlUSoCrazy  Online
Member since 2015 • 14003 Posts

So long as I can turn it off to avoid PC cheaters that's fine

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

12496

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 12496 Posts

They also ask to pay for crossplay. Its quite a shrewd endgame profit tactic. Hope we can turn off crossplay btw, no way mixing with cheaters.

Avatar image for regnaston
regnaston

3202

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#14 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 3202 Posts

@clone01 said:

Why would you call a businessman an "alpha dog?" That's kinda sad.

I am guessing it is because he is 12 and he thinks it is cool to do that

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

11178

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#15 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 11178 Posts

@regnaston said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Nothing at all is wrong with cross play, they just need to separate input devices. This should be standard practice moving forward.

agreed controllers together and M&K together

Why would you do that? Everyone on consoles uses controllers. Everyone on pc uses kb/m. If you split, pc crowd will be playing alone, and the whole point of having a larger community will not exist on pc.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

53062

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 53062 Posts

@clone01 said:

Why would you call a businessman an "alpha dog?" That's kinda sad.

Alpha dogs needs their bitches to sing them praises. πŸ˜‰

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

6047

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#17 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 6047 Posts

I like crossplay. Especially when I’m playing on Switch and owning Xbox and PS players in Fortnite and Apex.

But this is strange coming from Sony. They were dragged into cross play kicking and screaming. Now it’s a good thing? GTFO

Avatar image for navyguy21
navyguy21

16090

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#18 navyguy21  Online
Member since 2003 • 16090 Posts

Aren't they still charging developers and publishers for cross play?

Of course they would want MORE

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

35600

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#19 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 35600 Posts

@Pedro said:
@clone01 said:

Why would you call a businessman an "alpha dog?" That's kinda sad.

Alpha dogs needs their bitches to sing them praises. πŸ˜‰

Avatar image for DragonfireXZ95
DragonfireXZ95

26352

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#20 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26352 Posts

I encourage crossplay, even in games where it might be uneven. They should just have their own leaderboards or something if it's an FPS or something where frames, controls and other things might matter. I have a couple friends who are diehard console players, so it would be nice to be able to play with them in some way in games. Here's to hoping BF6 has crossplay.

Avatar image for StrongDeadlift
StrongDeadlift

5978

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#21 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 5978 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Imagine being last to the fight, and thinking it's a win.

Just like Cows thinking Sony not showing up to E3 is a dick-swinging move, instead of Sony not having enough content to fill a press conference.

Avatar image for WitIsWisdom
WitIsWisdom

7656

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 7656 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@regnaston said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Nothing at all is wrong with cross play, they just need to separate input devices. This should be standard practice moving forward.

agreed controllers together and M&K together

Why would you do that? Everyone on consoles uses controllers. Everyone on pc uses kb/m. If you split, pc crowd will be playing alone, and the whole point of having a larger community will not exist on pc.

There are plenty of people on PC using controllers just the same as people on console using m/kb. Let those who choose to use similar input devices play together. You are still pulling from one large pool and dividing that rather than pulling from several smaller pools and dividing them. It makes perfect sense. People on console don't mind playing against other platforms.. that was never the issue besides the cheating.


Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

11178

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 11178 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:
@hardwenzen said:
@regnaston said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Nothing at all is wrong with cross play, they just need to separate input devices. This should be standard practice moving forward.

agreed controllers together and M&K together

Why would you do that? Everyone on consoles uses controllers. Everyone on pc uses kb/m. If you split, pc crowd will be playing alone, and the whole point of having a larger community will not exist on pc.

There are plenty of people on PC using controllers just the same as people on console using m/kb. Let those who choose to use similar input devices play together. You are still pulling from one large pool and dividing that rather than pulling from several smaller pools and dividing them. It makes perfect sense. People on console don't mind playing against other platforms.. that was never the issue besides the cheating.

You're are still dividing the playerbase. Having a playlist that is controller only or kb/m only makes sense, but there needs to be one where everyone plays together.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

17086

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#24 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17086 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:
@Pedro said:
@clone01 said:

Why would you call a businessman an "alpha dog?" That's kinda sad.

Alpha dogs needs their bitches to sing them praises. πŸ˜‰

So which role are you and Pedro assuming on each other in this scenario? πŸ€”

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

53062

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#25 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 53062 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

So which role are you and Pedro assuming on each other in this scenario? πŸ€”

There is no need to be upset Jim Ryan's bitch. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

17086

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17086 Posts

@Pedro said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

So which role are you and Pedro assuming on each other in this scenario? πŸ€”

There is no need to be upset Jim Ryan's bitch. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Aww, that one stung you huh? πŸ˜†πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

It was funny how your BFF came right behind you like a good little...🀭

You 2 should really keep your fantasies to yourselves though. This is a video game forum 😎

Avatar image for xhawk27
xhawk27

11656

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#27  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 11656 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: Phil made Sony his bi@ch 🀣

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

17086

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#28 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17086 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: Phil made Sony his bi@ch 🀣

With last place sales and having no games?

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

11178

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#29 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 11178 Posts

Its funny how xhawk27 come by, overheats on SW from being owned all day every day, leaves for weeks and comes back before leaving overheated again 🀭🀭🀭🀭🀭🀭🀭🀭

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

53062

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#30 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 53062 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Aww, that one stung you huh? πŸ˜†πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

It was funny how your BFF came right behind you like a good little...🀭

You 2 should really keep your fantasies to yourselves though. This is a video game forum 😎

Seems like Jim Ryan's bitch is upset. 😎

Avatar image for xhawk27
xhawk27

11656

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#31  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 11656 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: Yeah Sony didn’t want anything to do with Cross-play, Phil Big Baller forced them into it. 🀣

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

17086

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17086 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: Yeah Sony didn’t want anything to do with Cross-play, Phil forced them into it. 🀣

You should be grateful to Sony. Before cross-play there wasn't enough Xbox players for full matches. Now Sony is putting the choice in the hands of real gamers of whether or not they want to enable cross-play to play with Xbox fanboys. You better hope PS users are feeling generous lol.

Avatar image for xhawk27
xhawk27

11656

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#33 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 11656 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: Halo is going to be full of players. Xbox knows how to make great MP games unlike Sony. 🀭

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

17086

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#34 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17086 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: Halo is going to be full of players. Xbox knows how to make great MP games unlike Sony. 🀭

You better hope so because Halo 5 sure ain't.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

Avatar image for regnaston
regnaston

3202

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#35 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 3202 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@xhawk27 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: Halo is going to be full of players. Xbox knows how to make great MP games unlike Sony. 🀭

You better hope so because Halo 5 sure ain't.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

it is a 6 year old game and it is still in the top 50 for the month

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

17086

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#36 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17086 Posts

@regnaston said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@xhawk27 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: Halo is going to be full of players. Xbox knows how to make great MP games unlike Sony. 🀭

You better hope so because Halo 5 sure ain't.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

it is a 6 year old game and it is still in the top 50 for the month

While we can't see the exact player count for Battlefront 2 on Xbox, we can see it on Steam and the peak players it had in the last 30 days was 2,092. That game is 5 spots ahead of Halo 5.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

50688

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#37 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 50688 Posts

Good, more crossplay. This is needed and a very pro-consumer move.

Avatar image for regnaston
regnaston

3202

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#38  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 3202 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@regnaston said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@xhawk27 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: Halo is going to be full of players. Xbox knows how to make great MP games unlike Sony. 🀭

You better hope so because Halo 5 sure ain't.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

it is a 6 year old game and it is still in the top 50 for the month

While we can't see the exact player count for Battlefront 2 on Xbox, we can see it on Steam and the peak players it had in the last 30 days was 2,092. That game is 5 spots ahead of Halo 5.

And??? still a 5 year old game and so now we know that it has steam players as well as XBOX players. Not bad for 5 year old game, I do not think you are making your point there well Einstein

Avatar image for vfighter
VFighter

9135

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#39 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 9135 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Fighting games are the only genre where I leave cross play turned on, any other game it's the first feature I turn off and leave off.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

35600

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#40 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 35600 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: We’re both playing the role of laughing at you? I mean this is your thread of singing the praises for β€œAlpha Dog” Jim Ryan after all. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

17086

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#41 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17086 Posts

@Archangel3371: You kinda just sit in the shadows waiting for your BFF to post before you run in to pat him on the back. No need to be insecure about it, Archie. You should be proud of your white knight lol.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

35600

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#42 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 35600 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: Sure thing there chum. πŸ˜…

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

46514

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 46514 Posts

@vfighter: On this end, playing PC side, if it ain't the big 3-4, it's DOA. Either have to hunt down discords or personally invite people for what amounts to 1-2 hour matches, never to be touched again.

Which sucks. Because a lot of the games, namely SNK, make great fighting games. But refuse to invest in crossplay.

In the case of Samurai Shodown, was released on Steam like, a year later, with from what I read Steam users, not even able to play whatever previous Epic user base existed. Lauching at the same time a Strive, which promises crossplay.

In most cases happily be an asshole a laugh at companies misfortune, but it's a company that legitimately makes great games fucking itself over again and again.

Avatar image for zerothehero
ZeroTheHero

519

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#44 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 519 Posts

I'm so glad when a market leader wants cross-play unlike microsoft during the 360 days that tried to rise above everyone elses online.

Avatar image for wonderwinner
WonderWinner

2001

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#45 WonderWinner
Member since 2021 • 2001 Posts

@Pedro: "Microsoft forced them in a corner."

🀭 That alternate universe must be nice.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

17086

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#46 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17086 Posts

@zerothehero said:

I'm so glad when a market leader wants cross-play unlike microsoft during the 360 days that tried to rise above everyone elses online.

Indeed. Microsoft wanted to divide the industry in their failed bid to compete with Sony in the console race. Now Sony is leading the way to bring gamers together regardless of what platform they choose to play on. #4ThePlayers is the code that Sony lives by.

@wonderwinner said:

@Pedro: "Microsoft forced them in a corner."

🀭 That alternate universe must be nice.

That must be the one where he is a teacher and has former students who work at Insomniac.

Avatar image for simple-facts
simple-facts

280

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#47 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 280 Posts

Alpha dog?

Fucking hell,how embarrassing

Avatar image for clone01
clone01

29061

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#48 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29061 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Archangel3371 said:
@Pedro said:
@clone01 said:

Why would you call a businessman an "alpha dog?" That's kinda sad.

Alpha dogs needs their bitches to sing them praises. πŸ˜‰

So which role are you and Pedro assuming on each other in this scenario? πŸ€”

0/10. Put a little more effort into it. All that fanboying has worn you out.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

53062

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#49 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 53062 Posts

@wonderwinner said:

@Pedro: "Microsoft forced them in a corner."

🀭 That alternate universe must be nice.

You mean the universe in which MS pushed for cross-play, Sony resisted and finally caved?😎

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

53062

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#50 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 53062 Posts
@simple-facts said:

Alpha dog?

Fucking hell,how embarrassing

Bitches got to tout their alpha dog. 😎