NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

https://www.pcgamer.com/anthems-biggest-upcoming-features-are-all-being-delayed-until-god-knows-when/

This game might actually be the biggest disaster of this gen. Its only a matter of time until

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

Dumb online only games.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Upcoming features, I remember a time when you bought a game you got the whole thing upon release.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#4  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10583 Posts

Well, you gotta put out the fire before you can rebuild the house.

And yes, the game is still burning. After accidentally fixing and/or ruining it at least three times, the loot system still isn't fixed. BioWare have even taken to trying to hire someone specifically for the task. I'm frequently seeing complaints that Freeplay is still a wasteland. The vanity chest was a huge disappointment. And as for the new Stronghold that just dropped recently, the first actual piece of content for this game? You know what they did for its boss? They literally took an existing enemy, scaled it up a bit, and bam, a new boss. At least we know BioWare recycles.

I didn't think of it this way when the game first launched, but it's now official and has been for a while: Anthem is this year's Fallout 76.

I also think BioWare Edmonton, the so-called "real" BioWare, will survive to make Dragon Age 4 a.k.a. "Anthem with Dragons," at least. But if things don't pick up for this game soon, I suspect EA will heap all the blame on BioWare Austin, the so-called "B team," send them to the chopping block, and call that "problem solved." They did it before to BioWare Montreal.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

It’s really sad imo, anthem is doing a lot of things really really good, but unfortunately it is being overshadowed by all the bad things about it... it becomes even more obvious when it releases close to goty Division 2.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By madrocketeer

Update: LOL. Even though I don't play the game, I still check in on their livestreams to see its progress: I said I would give the game six months to get in shape before deciding, and that's what I'm doing. It's only just now that I had the time to watch the latest one.

Anyway, it was a disaster. The devs told the chat that they would answer any question from them, and the chat was immediately flooded with demands to address the loot and the roadmap. But instead of answering the questions, the devs basically told them to f*** off and tried to talk about level design, which nobody gave two shits about. The chat became so disgruntled by the end of the stream they demanded Ben Irving be fired. Probably why unlike previous streams, it's currently not available to re-view on YouTube.

And I've went and read the Reddit post referenced in the PC Gamer article, which started the meat of it with "It’s been 10 weeks since the early access release of Anthem." The replies immediately latched on to this with variations of "wait, this has been in Early Access all this time?"

ROFL. Ah, Anthem, the neverending shitshow that keeps on giving. It's sad and hilarious all at the same time. Sadlarious.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56025 Posts

I stop playing Anthem when my Origin Premier expired, the core gameplay was fun, but the rest however, is disappointing and Bioware never bother to address crashes on various stages, loots disappeared as soon as you defeating sub-boss.

Until Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order releases, I'll be renewing Origin Premier and I'll also use it to see if Anthem has improved if ever.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Although I enjoyed my time with it overall at launch, despite several glitches, it has been a while I touched it and it is unfortunate to hear such news, I will look into it again every few weeks to see what is new...I like the core gameplay and I hope over time it can be something better...but I am keeping my expectations low just in case.

Fortunately, the Divison 2 released shortly after and destroys Anthem and is an excellent example of what this kind of game should be. It is easily, imo, the best loot shooter on the market today and one of the most impressive PVE coop games I've ever played. The game set the benchmark for this genre as far as Im concerned.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15558 Posts

It really is the saddest shit to see play out. Once one of the greatest RPG makers around, a company behind several classics, Bioware today can't even manage stability or DLC for what is already a completely generic looter-shooter.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: I'm so glad that between the fiasco that was Fallout 76 and SW, I cancelled my pre-order of this game.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61471 Posts

Played it on Premier, and unless there is a severe overhaul, I just won't be going back. BW shit the bed, and so did EA.

Avatar image for GiveMeSomething
GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GiveMeSomething
Member since 2007 • 1323 Posts

This game is listed for $15 NEW on amazon. That should give u an idea how much support the game is gonna get. :)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#13 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58830 Posts

Watching bad shit happen to EA is always a good laugh.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

The meme should say "some months from now". I can't believe this is outdoing fallout 76 now.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

This game has been a total disaster. It will be a miracle if Bioware survives this.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Bioware has been a shadow of what it once was. Bioware in name only. Done. Finished. Ended. Another casualty of EA.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Anthem tried to make a Destiny killer. It even had the advantage since Destiny 2 came out before Anthem and Anthem still failed to kill Destiny. I would say Destiny 2 to be a better loot shooter even tho Anthem was in development for 7 years. EA still didn't learn their lesson, as of now their are working on Dragon 4 which would be the same thing as Bioware employees said it will "Anthem but with dragons". Its no wonder why Casey Hudson is working on the next chapter of Mass effect game. He probably doesn't have much hope in Dragon age 4 so he's working the next mass effect game while EA will be busy with ruining dragon age 4. I doubt the game will be good since EA controls the funds and the Frostbite engine isn't suitable for RPG games.

Bioware needs to do the same thing what Bungie did with Activision.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1840 Posts

Bioware makes Bethesda look like they know what they were doing.

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EvanTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 1550 Posts

Anthem for the Damned!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34558 Posts

LOL, I had already forgot this game existed.

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DoomNukem3D
Member since 2019 • 445 Posts

I'm not that familiar with this kind of game but why does anyone still play this if it's such a piece of crap? Legit question I dont get why anyone wouldn't have jumped ship especially ially if it's showing no signs of improving.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@doomnukem3d: Its lost most of its players already, I think a month after launch it had already lost 55% of its playerbase.

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DoomNukem3D
Member since 2019 • 445 Posts

@vfighter: I was asking more so why the other 45% stayed.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By madrocketeer
@doomnukem3d said:

I'm not that familiar with this kind of game but why does anyone still play this if it's such a piece of crap? Legit question I dont get why anyone wouldn't have jumped ship especially ially if it's showing no signs of improving.

From what I can gather, some still genuinely enjoy the game, but most are just sticking around in vain hope that it will get better.

Anyway, I found a 100% accurate visual summary of that excruciating livestream I described:

"Unmemeable." LOL!

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts
@Litchie said:

LOL, I had already forgot this game existed.

I think most people did. I'm gonna make it a personal motto not to invest in games that require a "road map" towards its existence.

mumunaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mumunaro
Member since 2015 • 162 Posts

Bioware Edmonton needs to go. End of.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56025 Posts

Do gamers really blame EA more so then Bioware? From my understanding and reading that Kotaku article weeks ago, Bioware did this to themselves and EA hardly had anything to do with Anthem. I'm gonna put the blame on Bioware because they clearly had no idea what they wanted to do with Anthem and they had what, 7 years and didn't put anytime with it? Yeah, all respects lost for Bioware alright. Not to mention, they lost me with the newest Dragon Age if they can't get their shit together.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

That's not good....

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#30 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69353 Posts

@davillain- said:

Do gamers really blame EA more so then Bioware? From my understanding and reading that Kotaku article weeks ago, Bioware did this to themselves and EA hardly had anything to do with Anthem. I'm gonna put the blame on Bioware because they clearly had no idea what they wanted to do with Anthem and they had what, 7 years and didn't put anytime with it? Yeah, all respects lost for Bioware alright. Not to mention, they lost me with the newest Dragon Age if they can't get their shit together.

I wouldn't be surprised this is the case with most EA studios. Self management. It can be great but it also can lead to many studios self destructing.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@davillain-: kind of hard to blame them when every higher up was just goofing around and they had no clue what they were making. They banned them from talking about destiny, who does that?

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Sounds like they have given up on the game and are cutting their losses lol

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Dumb online only games.

IMO thi sis the achilles of anthem...

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Games as a service isn't doing too well is it...

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

The main reason I didn't not purchase Anthem was because Bioware made it. Just didn't think it would work well considering how terrible ME: Andromeda was and Bioware has not had a great track record as of late. Lo and behold, that is exactly what happened.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Biowares shit track record goes back to 2011.

SWOTR flopped and was never supported properly imo

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44538 Posts

They probably realized whatever money they have left should go to new Dragon Age game. Anyhow, I gave studio too much credit after Andromeda, thought like - oh, of course it sucked, they had the ME3 MP B-team make it, but surely their A-list staffers were hard at work with Anthem... OMG, I just realized I easily liked the last Mass Effect game more than Anthem, I mean like A LOT more. This studio has issues, sure it's easy for the dimwits in the gaming community to use the opportunity to shit on EA and beat that dead horse like they're so fucking clever each time they do it, but no, the studio has to own up to this.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Watching bad shit happen to EA is always a good laugh.

This.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

Meanwhile at Digital Extremes

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15897 Posts

They gonna pump more money into Dragon Age 4 if Bioware is saved but last DA game, DA Inquisition storytelling is so inspiried and the game is a repetitive mess. I think Bioware problem is that they don't have the talent anymore after ME3.

Everything Bioware did after the ME3 was mediocre as heck and lets be honest, DA:I only manages to win GOTY because 2014 was a terrible year. And if they use frostbite for DA4, ew fk that.

Year 2014 so weak even DLC like left behind got nominated GOTY by Gamespot.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14888 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Biowares shit track record goes back to 2011.

SWOTR flopped and was never supported properly imo

No it didn't. And it is getting an expansion in September.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#42 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

Upcoming features, I remember a time when you bought a game you got the whole thing upon release.

Good times indeed.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

lol what a turd

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

I saw this coming when they started pulling devs away from Mass Effect Andromeda's development to work on Anthem. I'm glad this piece of shit has been nothing but trash. I really, really hope the top leadership at Bioware gets axed and blacklisted so they never work in the game industry again. Those assholes take incompetence to a whole 'nother level. They shouldn't even be allowed to run a lemonade stand.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#45 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@Pedro said:
@davillain- said:

I wouldn't be surprised this is the case with most EA studios. Self management. It can be great but it also can lead to many studios self destructing.

It's hard to know the truth, I've heard that Anthem was something Bioware actually wanted to do, whereas that wasn't always the case with EA as they were acquiring then dismantling studios by forcing them to be corporate players. It would just be a crazy irony if EA kills off one of their bigger studios because they gave them too much freedom/autonomy to do what they want. While I've heard the talk Anthem was supposed to be a "passion project", I just find it hard to believe a knock off of a loot based online-only shooter was a dream project of Bioware. It just screams corporate suits all over it. Problem is all the original Bioware leadership is long gone anyway, so regardless it is a failure of leadership both at the studio and at EA.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

How could this happen? They brought in Anita Sarkeesian to help them make more diverse NPC's. I mean it seems they had all their priorities right.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44021 Posts

Poor Bioware. Not so long ago Bioware and Bungie were my favs. How the mighty have fallen. :(

I hope that new studio MS created is making a superb AAA Mass Effect knock off. :D

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@texasgoldrush: lmao you’re a nut if you think it didn’t flop

It was a wow killer and hit over a million subs at one point, but the shitty engine and decisions by bioware killed it and made it go f2p, and its still not doing as well as eso or black desert

Don’t expect you to understand though

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#50 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14888 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

@texasgoldrush: lmao you’re a nut if you think it didn’t flop

It was a wow killer and hit over a million subs at one point, but the shitty engine and decisions by bioware killed it and made it go f2p, and its still not doing as well as eso or black desert

Don’t expect you to understand though

No, it didn't flop, and its still going. Nice try though