All games are buggy mess at launch. So why do we keep whining about it for HECKS SAKE?!?!?

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

We all know that games are buggy as heck at launch.

We all know that if we just waited one month for the proper updates, we would get to play new games as they were meant to be played, without bugs.

We all know this.

Yet, we keep buying games at launch. We keep playing them in this buggy, crappy state.

And then we come to System Wars to complain about these bugs, shouting that Metro or Anthem or whatever is a buggy mess.

Why the heck do we keep doing this to ourselves? Are we masochists? Are we insane???

I mean if we just waited one month after launch, we would get these new games properly patched, and could then actually enjoy our new games.

I've seen this with countless games. AC Unity and Syndicate were terrible bug fests at launch. Practically unplayable. Same with F4, Digimon, Spider-Man and FFXV. And so on.

But all these games were ok few months later, once they were properly patched.

So, if you tried to play those games at launch, you were sorely disappointed and prolly hate them now.

But if you gave them a chance later, when they were patched, you would like them.

Sorry for the long rant, but this is really starting to piss me off. People insisting on playing new games right at launch, knowing the games will be full of bugs, and then coming here to whine about it like petty juveniles.

Lets all get a grip. Lets wait till games are updated properly, then judge them. Not before. I mean you would not judge an art piece if it was still unfinished, now would you?

Thank you for listening.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

I am used to buggy messes on PC because there is no accounting for what is practically a near-infinite variation is machine specifications--all you can do is try your best and hope it works for most--but on console? No excuse. There is zero variation (with a few minor exceptions).

But yeah, quality assurance is getting a little lazy these days it seems.

Thankfully I can generally fix it on PC. Console? Not so much, at the whim of the developer/publisher.

@henrythefifth said:

Lets all get a grip. Lets wait till games are updated properly, then judge them. Not before. I mean you would not judge an art piece if it was still unfinished, now would you?

Thank you for listening.

Satire?

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Because whining is just a traidtion and because buggy games are no fun to play.... it's a simple and pure standard but people continually flail about it...

One reason I learned is because A&A te er Q&A teams are actually considered to be somewhat expendabe expned expne expendable... jeez what a weird word.... anyway

yeah the people responsible for debg debugging aren't hihgly paid and are often recycled so that's one oft he main reasons why they disappear.

It should be the reverse game companies neeed to pro prioritize Q&A teams on the payscale and strategically.l

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34567 Posts

@henrythefifth: Yes I would judge an unfinished art piece, if they sold it. Same with games. I think games really should get a reduction in score and complaints for not being good on launch. If it's not ready, don't release it and don't ask money for it.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Because they aren’t. Titanfall 1, Halo 5, and all the Forza/CoD games launched bug free.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

What?

I bought Dark Souls 3 on launch, not a buggy mess. Neither was Uncharted 4. Nor Spiderman. Nor God of War. Nor Apex Legends. Nor The Last of Us (btw The Last of Us 2 2019).

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2028 Posts

Because people like complaining. There is nothing perfect out there, because there is always some idiot that is gonna complain

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#8 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

The very clear thing is, publishers know by now that gamers will buy the same thing with shinier graphics every year, with bugs at launch that get ironed out over time. We piss and moan in places like this but its like a heroin addict crying that he cant get that first high feeling again. He's still fvckin buying though. We are as much responsible for this industry as anyone else.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Many games that were 6.0 during day one, are now solid 8.0 games.

Mafia 3 is perfect example of this. I tried it just after launch, and back then it was absolutely horrible mess, with more visual glitches than your average Star Trek movie. Man, I hated it.

But when I tried Mafia 3 again few months later, it was much better. Gone were the glitches and bugs, and the game turned out to be solid fun all round.

And I've experienced the same with many other games too.

Point is, if you only play games during day one, and never visit them again, then you miss out big time, and also, then you will have no idea what current gen games are really like. So you should always revisit games later on, to experience them in their patched form, as stated above.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@henrythefifth said:

We all know that if we just waited one month for the proper updates, we would get to play new games as they were meant to be played, without bugs.

Then if this is the case then the devs should just put the release date back a month and release an unbroken game.

/thread.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

The majority of games are not buggy messes at launch. It's only really a handfull of AAA copanies that release buggy messes. And people should tell them that they don't agree with this practise.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@henrythefifth: Your threads are stupid messes, maybe you should wait a few months and just not post them.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46188 Posts
@cainetao11 said:

The very clear thing is, publishers know by now that gamers will buy the same thing with shinier graphics every year, with bugs at launch that get ironed out over time. We piss and moan in places like this but its like a heroin addict crying that he cant get that first high feeling again. He's still fvckin buying though. We are as much responsible for this industry as anyone else.

People expect better graphics, better tech, destructability, drivable vehicles, etc ...

The more tech is required to power a game or the more advanced the tech is, the more prone it is to bugs I think.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I remember not being able to see the end of Road Rash 2 on Megadrive because of a bug that made it crash every time. I am still a bit miffed about that because the last level was hard as ****.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

Yeah I don't know what idiots out there still buy games Day 1, when there is endless examples of why you shouldn't do that.

Some like Special Editions but I think most want to pretend they're bigger fans than anyone, as if waiting 3-6 months makes you less of a fan.

I think most just don't have will power, and literally can't wait. Yet half the games people complain about, are like the most high risk games for buggy crap.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#16 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@cainetao11 said:

People expect better graphics, better tech, destructability, drivable vehicles, etc ...

The more tech is required to power a game or the more advanced the tech is, the more prone it is to bugs I think.

And the more expensive game development gets

goodzorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 goodzorr
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts
@i_p_daily said:
@henrythefifth said:

Then if this is the case then the devs should just put the release date back a month and release an unbroken game.

/thread.

Exactly this. You're fully entitled to complain about something that isn't complete. More than happy for devs to postpone games for 1/3/6 months in order for them to be ready.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

It’s simply untrue that all games release buggy.

I’d agree that people should speak with their wallets and not buy a game until its fixed, but if a developer releases a game and asks for money, their game should be judged in its current state.

I also wouldn’t list Spider-Man with those titles. I’m not saying the game had no bugs, but I simply never encountered any and never read anything about it being a common issue. Game felt very polished.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58837 Posts

Depends on the developer.

Bethesdas games are generally in a worst state than the majority of games, and never get fixed. Yet, they get a pass. "expected", after dozens of games.

Then BOTW comes along with it's first attempt at open world, highly polished with almost no bugs and shows that was all bullshit.

And then with Fallout 76, two decades later people realize Bethesda games being buggy is not ok.

True_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 True_Link
Member since 2019 • 243 Posts

Nintendo and Sony games do not, sorry.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

False. Many games work out of the box.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Makes no sense to me why video game jouralism websites like Gamespot don't do a "one year later" review of some of the bigger games. Talk about bug fixes, talk about how the game has aged, how it feels different now that it's not their first playthrough. Even give it a new score if you want.

True_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 True_Link
Member since 2019 • 243 Posts

@drummerdave9099: because there's the next big things that will reward you clicks. Old games patched are last year news that people won't be really interested in reading.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
@XVision84 said:

What?

I bought Dark Souls 3 on launch, not a buggy mess. Neither was Uncharted 4. Nor Spiderman. Nor God of War. Nor Apex Legends. Nor The Last of Us (btw The Last of Us 2 2019).

Can't say the same for Anthem on PS4.

https://bgr.com/2019/03/05/anthem-ps4-crashes-hard-reset-bricking-consoles/

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

Well, that's just not true.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Because we should get the final product. I don't care if it's a day one patch or if the release date is pushed back but it shouldn't be a buggy mess.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95: Heard about that. Unfortunate for those that play Anthem on PS4.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

By "we" you mean the uninformed, corporate slaves and low IQs

Not me