Alien Isolation PC vs PS4 comparison video

• 129 results
#51 Posted by Nanomage (2371 posts) -

Damn,the PS4 version looks kinda awful in comparison to the PC.

#52 Edited by lawlessx (48753 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

This looks completely boring as shit compared to AVP 2000.

One is a FPS and the other is trying to focus more on the horror aspect of the franchise.

so why even try to compare?

#53 Posted by naz99 (2805 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

One is a FPS and the other is trying to focus more on the horror aspect of the franchise.

Because Uninspiredcup that's why..!

#54 Edited by mikhail (2697 posts) -

@naz99 said:

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Because Uninspiredcup that's why..!

More like Uninspiredpost, am I right?

#55 Posted by Vecna (3425 posts) -

@-Unreal- said:
@Heil68 said:

I'll still get and play the PS4 version and wait for a under $10 sale on Steam for PC version.

I can't think of why you would do that.

It's the suck Sony's pole mantra. Love, suck, swallow.

#56 Posted by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

You know someone will come in here and claim they can't tell the difference.

@lglz1337 said:

i see no 1000$ difference

@lglz1337 said:

@walloftruth: no really just change the contrast on both and we have the same version!

Found it

#57 Posted by -Unreal- (24650 posts) -

@mikhail said:

@-Unreal- said:

@mikhail said:

I can't wait for YouTube to roll out 60 fps support so we can start showing some real comparisons.

If I had a PS4 and a means to capture uncompressed video from it, I would happily do comparisons at 60 FPS.

With which games? I hope not The Last of Us Remastered because it barely maintains 40-50fps in scenes with any number of characters or post processing on the screen.

Which PS4 games do you think can actually maintain a stable 1080p/60fps?

All games which are on PS4 and PC. I'm not understanding the necessity of PS4 maintaining 60 FPS.

#58 Posted by MrYaotubo (2880 posts) -

That PS4 footage is laughable in comparison to the PC.

#59 Posted by pelvist (6656 posts) -

Cinematic fog.

#60 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

The usual trolls no where to be seen, lol.

#61 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

@pelvist said:

Cinematic fog.

roflmao

#62 Posted by Tessellation (9003 posts) -

PC version looks best,the ps4 looks like is note even 1080p.

#63 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14291 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

PS4 clearly wins with its next gen fog effects.

seriously..that's a pretty big difference.

Meh . Teh PS4 version is more cinematic .

#64 Edited by hehe101 (730 posts) -

I love the game 'fog'. Might have to pre order

#65 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (7805 posts) -

PC had the edge during the first part....PS4 side still looked good.

But at the second part where the characters were talking.....I saw no difference. PS4 looked good.

#66 Posted by uninspiredcup (24988 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

PC had the edge during the first part....

By that you mean the "all" part?

#67 Posted by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

But at the second part where the characters were talking.....I saw no difference. PS4 looked good.

Probably because that was a cutscene.

#68 Posted by Edge_Plus (135 posts) -

LOL PS4 looks better than PC. You master race nubs mad?

#69 Posted by Vecna (3425 posts) -

At least the shitty console versions will come with fog at no extra cost. Oh wait...

#70 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

But console gamers like @m3dude1, @mr_huggles_dog , @AM-Gamer, @Pray_to_me , @Shielder7 ,@kinectthedots , @amazonangry said: told me PS4 was going to be gfx king.....

#71 Posted by gpuking (3914 posts) -

PC version has black crush thus making everything more saturated, PS4's brightness might be too high on the other hand, aside from that I see no major difference at all. Textures, lighting, effects, models are virtually the same. Will wait for DF for a better comparison.

#72 Edited by buhzy (25 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

But console gamers like @m3dude1, @mr_huggles_dog , @AM-Gamer, @Pray_to_me , @Shielder7 ,@kinectthedots , @amazonangry said: told me PS4 was going to be gfx king.....

cinematic king

#73 Edited by buhzy (25 posts) -

@edge_plus said:

LOL PS4 looks better than PC. You master race nubs mad?

#74 Posted by Sollet (8074 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Clueless people.

#75 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

@gpuking said:

PC version has black crush thus making everything more saturated, PS4's brightness might be too high on the other hand, aside from that I see no major difference at all. Textures, lighting, effects, models are virtually the same. Will wait for DF for a better comparison.

So wait for DF to tell me the pc version is better like they do for 95% of the multiplats they review?

k.

#76 Posted by happyduds77 (1688 posts) -

The PC obviously looks better but it's negligible.

#77 Posted by gpuking (3914 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus

Are you dense? I'm waiting for properly calibrated uncompressed captures, I know PC would be the better version in the end but this vid isn't donig PS4's version any favor. Would look and sound better on my setup anyway.

#78 Posted by Micropixel (1296 posts) -

Wow... this is a really HUGE difference. Way bigger than I expected.

I was always planning to get this on PC anyway, but after seeing this, there's no question about it.

#79 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (7926 posts) -

Looks nice, not quite as stunning as I imagined it would be.

#80 Edited by adamosmaki (10557 posts) -

@Wasdie: and probably PS4 is using 4 or 8x anisotropic ( as was the case with a lot of games so far ) as opposed to 16x on pc

#81 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (6607 posts) -

I'm surprised how big the difference is considering YT's compression. On average, most maxed out pc versions don't tend to have this direct level of difference. Assuming this is ultra on pc.

It's mainly a difference is color and lighting, as well as hidding some assets using fog, but you can clearly see a difference with a side by side without needing to scan the video for small instances of differences.

PS4 still looks good, and i imagine xb1 version will look about the same. So, nice for pc version on this one.

#82 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (7805 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Get off your fucking high horse....and get off my nuts.

I never fucking said that shit and don't put words in my mouth and don't say I said shit I didn't say. I specifically said the PC version had the better GFX at the start.

Don't get all grudgy on me just b/c I call your ass out for coming into every fucking console thread and whipping out your epeen about how PC is better and saying that you'd drink the piss from you PC if it went to the bathroom.

You're like a fucking child.

#83 Posted by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

@gpuking said:

Fanboyism would do that to you. Poor little cow.

#84 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

I specifically said the PC version had the better GFX at the start.

Nice. Its good to see PS4 fans recognize PC as the gfx champion.

#85 Edited by blackace (23576 posts) -

I may have to go with PC on this one or just completely pass on it all together. Save my $60 for next years "AAA" titles.

#86 Edited by pelvist (6656 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@pelvist said:

Cinematic fog.

roflmao

:)

On a more serious note: I actually played all three versions (XBONE, PS4 and PC) at EGX Rezzed earlier this year and apart from the resolution and frame rate I didnt notice much difference.

That said I never got to see them side by side as the areas where you played each version where in individual rooms. There is no denying the difference when you see them side by side like in this video, but even thought he PS4 version looks noticeably worse it doesn't really take anything away from the game play experience. People should stop putting graphics first when they think about what games to buy or we may as well all go back that Night Trap remake on Kickstarter and play interactive FMV games for the next ten years.

#87 Posted by parkurtommo (28295 posts) -

@deadline-zero0 said:

I'm surprised how big the difference is considering YT's compression. On average, most maxed out pc versions don't tend to have this direct level of difference. Assuming this is ultra on pc.

It's mainly a difference is color and lighting, as well as hidding some assets using fog, but you can clearly see a difference with a side by side without needing to scan the video for small instances of differences.

PS4 still looks good, and i imagine xb1 version will look about the same. So, nice for pc version on this one.

It's not fog man. There is no extra fog. It's literally just higher gamma for some odd reason (possibly also to hide lower detailed assets).

#88 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

I never fucking said that shit and don't put words in my mouth and don't say I said shit I didn't say. I specifically said the PC version had the better GFX at the start.

Don't get all grudgy on me just b/c I call your ass out for coming into every fucking console thread and whipping out your epeen about how PC is better and saying that you'd drink the piss from you PC if it went to the bathroom.

(just putting that in the right place)

#89 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (7805 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Dude....aaaaaall you do is butt into other ppl conversations....ALL THE TIME.

You're like that kid who tried to hang out with the cool crowd and always talked to them and whatnot and they just sat there going "Why the **** is this kid here??"

You'd be fucking mad too if someone said you did or said things that you didn't do. It's a fucking lie and YOU might be ok with ppl lying about you.....but I'm not.

I have respect for myself.

#90 Posted by parkurtommo (28295 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

And no one else.

#91 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@lostrib said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Damn me for commenting on a public forum!

#92 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (7805 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

And no one else.

B/c you know me so well.

And don't do that bullshit where you say "Well, what I've seen of your posts blah blah".....b/c if you would have seen at least half my posts...you would know that what you said would be untrue.

@lostrib said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@lostrib said:

Might be a public forum....doesn't mean every conversation involves you....does it?

#93 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (2620 posts) -

game looks like shit either way but the pc version looks better.

#94 Posted by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

You're doing it again, you know that thing where you lie and try and say people said thing that they didn't.

#95 Posted by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -

@Sollet said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Clueless people.

more like clueless accusations.

#96 Posted by parkurtommo (28295 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@parkurtommo said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

And no one else.

B/c you know me so well.

And don't do that bullshit where you say "Well, what I've seen of your posts blah blah".....b/c if you would have seen at least half my posts...you would know that what you said would be untrue.

Dude, you already have enough salt if you put more it will taste bad.

#97 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@lostrib said:

Might be a public forum....doesn't mean every conversation involves you....does it?

But it could

#98 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@parkurtommo said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

And no one else.

B/c you know me so well.

seriously unhealthy

#99 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (7805 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@parkurtommo said:

And no one else.

B/c you know me so well.

At least I'm not a troll with no life.

Anyway....this thread obviously is dead other than the 2 nimrods keeping this alive fort he sake of them having nothing better to do and me defending myself.

So, yeah....reply if you want I'm done with this thread.

PS: Notice how Robo didn't even reply to my little rant but you 2 numbskulls had 0 life and did.

#100 Posted by parkurtommo (28295 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@parkurtommo said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@parkurtommo said:

And no one else.

B/c you know me so well.

At least I'm not a troll with no life.

Anyway....this thread obviously is dead other than the 2 nimrods keeping this alive fort he sake of them having nothing better to do and me defending myself.

So, yeah....reply if you want I'm done with this thread.

PS: Notice how Robo didn't even reply to my little rant but you 2 numbskulls had 0 life and did.

No!!!! I regret everything come back!