Alice: Madness Returns looks amazing

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shake_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Shake_McGee
Member since 2011 • 58 Posts
http://gdc.gamespot.com/video/6302656/?tag=gumballs;img;3 As long as they don't screw up the gameplay with crappy platforming and simple repetitive hack n' slash mechanics, this could be some GOTY material. I'm hyped... Btw, I'm totally getting a Hellraiser vibe from that "now it's time to put your blade to work" guy. Dude sounds just like Pinhead.
LankyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LankyKong
Member since 2011 • 2678 Posts

Hope it's as good as the first game.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

It does look quite good. I'll most likely be getting it.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
Looks quite good to me, can't imagine them screwing it up. :D, that'd easily be the biggest upset in history ('least in my book), much more so than the mere 'consolization' of Crysis 2
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

I'm quite impressed in the gameplay I've seen so far. Specially the combat. Never did play the first game though.

xsatyr86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xsatyr86
Member since 2010 • 601 Posts

http://gdc.gamespot.com/video/6302656/?tag=gumballs;img;3 As long as they don't screw up the gameplay with crappy platforming and simple repetitive hack n' slash mechanics, this could be some GOTY material. I'm hyped... Btw, I'm totally getting a Hellraiser vibe from that "now it's time to put your blade to work" guy. Dude sounds just like Pinhead.Shake_McGee

skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#7 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts

My goodness this game looks beautiful :D

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Battlefield 3, Portal 2, Alice 2 all look so impressive... I feel like the bigger developers are suddenly starting to 'get it' again.

DreamCryotank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DreamCryotank
Member since 2011 • 1829 Posts

Seeing as the original had mediocre gameplay, I'm not too fussed about the gameplay mechanics. Aslong as it keeps the bizzare, macabre atmosphere and superb level design, it'll be just as good as the original, which was an amazing experience. :) And yes, the visuals are beyond beautiful.

alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 alfredooo
Member since 2007 • 2664 Posts

Considering its coming out for the PC I expect a slow and shallow hack and slash combat system along with simplistic platoforming. Hopefully the rest of the game delivers and meets the higher standards of consoles when it comes to platformers and hack and slash.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
This seems like the kind of game that I would solely play for the atmosphere.
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

Considering its coming out for the PC I expect a slow and shallow hack and slash combat system along with simplistic platoforming. Hopefully the rest of the game delivers and meets the higher standards of consoles when it comes to platformers and hack and slash.

alfredooo
You do know it's a sequel to a PC exclusive right?
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Inconsistancy

alfredooo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8_cly2dgXY&feature=related

Combat doesn't look too horrible tbh, better than what I remember from the first, however my memory of the first is quite fuzzy..
haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 haberman13
Member since 2003 • 2414 Posts

[QUOTE="alfredooo"]

SAGE_OF_FIRE

Whoa - you've been trolled!

On a more serious note, hopefully consoles don't ruin this game. The first was great.

alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 alfredooo
Member since 2007 • 2664 Posts

[QUOTE="alfredooo"]:|

SAGE_OF_FIRE

yes I did look it up after I saw the clip.... don't see how that's relevant, tho. All I said was it would probably be a better game if was console exclusive. Pc has lower standards for this kind of game, the first one would have been a 5.0 on consoles.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Inconsistancy

[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"][QUOTE="alfredooo"]:|

alfredooo

yes I did look it up after I saw the clip.... don't see how that's relevant, tho. All I said was it would probably be a better game if was console exclusive. Pc has lower standards for this kind of game, the first one would have been a 5.0 on consoles.

Uhh, no way for a 5.0 x.x, I think fable would be in range of a 5.0 with how lacking it's combat is, but it seems to have scored much higher... Games have to be pretty amazingly bad to score under 7.

Previous gen, I could understand a lower standard of combat for a beat 'em up on pc, considering game pads were kinda rare, sure you could buy a horrible one.. but ps2/xbox wasn't compatible.. luckily, ps3 and 360 controllers are compatible, so there's no excuse for simplistic left click spamming games ::cough:: elder scrolls.

Don't think any game should be exclusived away from pc, Bayonettta woulda been so much better as even a bad port to pc, than the bad port to ps3 x.x. I've still not played it since I'm stupid and didn't buy an xbox... /regret, I'm not buying one just to play one game.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18256 Posts

Man, i was about to make this thread, anyway, the game looks really interesting, i don't know about the gameplay, the first one wasn't very good in this department, however if it deliver the same amount of great design and atmosphere, then it will be amazing (despite the leading platform).

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#18 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Looks nice, and quite fresh. I don't know if I'm interested in playing it, but I'm glad it's getting made.