Age of Empires and STALKER fans, Cossacks 3 Finally Gets Release Date!

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#1 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

DSOGaming States:

GSC Game World (developers behind STALKER) announced today the release date of the sequel to the award winning Cossacks series, Cossacks 3. Cossacks 3 will launch worldwide on the September 20th, exclusively for PC at retail.

This remake of the classic game, that originally launched in 2000, contains all of the elements that distinguish the successful Cossacks games and combines them with contemporary 3D-graphics.

Cossacks 3 aims to provide the player with infinite tactical options, including not only the construction of buildings, the production of raw materials, but also the broad selection of various units and the influence of the landscape.

Cossacks 3 will sport twelve nations, 70 different unit types, 100 research opportunities, and over 140 different historical buildings. Players will be also able build an armada and attack their enemies at sea.

Cossacks 3 will offer five historic single player-campaigns and up to eight players can fight each other in multiplayer-mode on one map.

Here are the game’s key features:

• 12 nations
  • 70 different types of units
  • 100 research opportunities
  • 140 different historic buildings
  • Battles ashore and at sea
  • Five historic singleplayer campaigns
  • Multiplayer mode for up to 8 players

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/cossacks-3-to-be-released-on-september-20th/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqTYxwJ-rhk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_joorUflL4U

Can't wait for this game. And I hope this game becomes a huge success, so they can work on some kick ass expansion packs and STALKER 2 next.

Keep in mind that GSC Game World closed its doors few years after the release of STALKER: Call of Pripyat. They reopened their studio back in 2014 and started working on Cossacks 3, the re-imagination of first Cossacks which was highly popular in a lot of European countries back then. This is the return of one of the best developers.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#2 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24960 Posts

Im massive STALKER fan and i dont care. GSC please give us STALKER 2!!!!!

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Yeah, cause games that require more than just pushing a few buttons aren't exactly meant to be played by simple minded people like yourself.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cloud_imperium

@ghosts4ever said:

Then you are not true GSC fan. And you should care. If this game fails then there is no future for GSC Game World.

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ABtoxin
Member since 2014 • 438 Posts

A least this studio was able to make games again can't say the same for lol other studios thou

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

With a bit of luck, if this does well we could potentially see STALKER 2 from the proceeds. I'll be doing my part but I want Cossacks anyway :)

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

Looks like fun, but when it comes to proper line infantry warfare I usually keep myself to games like napoleon and empire total war.

Empire total war is quite a old game, but it's still fun to play from time to time especially with mods.

Loading Video...

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ghosts4ever

@thepclovingguy said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Yeah, cause games that require more than just pushing a few buttons aren't exactly meant to be played by simple minded people like yourself.

What? Stalker is not your typical run and gun shooter. it require insane amount of brain.

its been a decade and no game manage to be as immersive as Stalker was. GSC become great developer because of Stalker. many recognize GSC as Stalker developer. cossack is nobody compare to.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@Cloud_imperium said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Then you are not true GSC fan. And you should care. If this game fails then there is no future for GSC Game World.

there is 0.001% of chance of stalker 2 happening in future. either with cossack or not since GSC left many of guys who worked on Stalker. and was working on canclled Stalker 2.

Next Metro sandbox game will be new Stalker of our generation with insane 4A engine. and many of ex GSC guys working on 4A too.

there is more future for 4A than GSC as developer. it would be miracle if Stalker 2 happen in future.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

Can't wait, I loved Cossacks, it was a really good RTS at its time.

The massive armies and speed of the game made this like Age of Empires x1.5

This sequel/remake looks really good and I will look into buying this, there really aren't a lot of historic RTS like Age of Empires or Cossacks anymore.

@thepclovingguy said:

Looks like fun, but when it comes to proper line infantry warfare I usually keep myself to games like napoleon and empire total war.

Empire total war is quite a old game, but it's still fun to play from time to time especially with mods.

If you like Empire and Napoleon total war you will love Cossacks.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cloud_imperium

@ghosts4ever said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@ghosts4ever said:

there is 0.001% of chance of stalker 2 happening in future. either with cossack or not since GSC left many of guys who worked on Stalker. and was working on canclled Stalker 2.

Next Metro sandbox game will be new Stalker of our generation with insane 4A engine. and many of ex GSC guys working on 4A too.

there is more future for 4A than GSC as developer. it would be miracle if Stalker 2 happen in future.

They can always hire new more talented developers or bring back old ones with more resources. It's none issue.

Metro games are nothing like STALKER. They only have dark atmosphere of STALKER and nothing else. Gameplay and quest system is nothing like STALKER and same goes for exploration, faction system and survival elements.

Even the new sandbox Metro game just won't magically bring grid inventory and other stuff from STALKER games. It's multiplatform series where they have to keep controller limitation in mind. It's a great series but STALKER is different.

Even if they don't develop STALKER 2 next, as a fan of GSC World, I'll be looking forward to their next project.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

Cool, but I'd much rather have another Stalker. :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points