After The Order, what's your take of Until Dawn and R&C?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Before you ask, Bloodborne will probably be awesome and get a 9 on GS, and around 90 on MC, so that's an easy one.

So The Order 1886 reviews are out, and it's getting torn apart with a 66 on Metacritc right now. In the latter year, there'll be Uncharted 4, which is good.

But according to info, the 2 other AAA PS4 exclusives, Until Dawn and the new Ratchet and Clank are set to release sometime around the summer.

Until Dawn: I can see this game getting mix to good scores. A "David Cage"/"movie" type of game. The decision making mechanics looks fun and it seems to be a great party game. However, i could also see the "teen slasher" story and characters being horrible and cringe worthy. I guess this one will "live or die" by it's narrative.

Ratchet and Clank Remake: Now, i like R&C, but have fallen out of love for the series since the Future Trilogy ended. Recent games haven't been great, going by reviews. I hope it can turn out a great revival for the series. However, i have a feeling that, with Sunset Overdrive appearing to be their main project, the fact that it's suppose to be a movie tie-in game and that we haven't seen a single gameplay video, i'm sadly expecting mixed impressions.

So SW, what say you about these 2 upcoming ps4 exclusives?

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

FLOPS INCOMING

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

I LOVE Insomniac, bought Sunset Overdrive day 1 and will buy the new Ratchet game day 1 as well. Not sure about Until Dawn, need more info and gameplay footage for me to make an honest opinion.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Until Dawn? Meh.

R&C Remake... Meh. I liked Tools of Destruction back in the day but there are so many games in this series and all of them basically the same too.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

until dawn sounds like a pee c game, not even heard of that shit

r&c is a remake of the original so it will be good

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Bloodborne looks like it could be a hit. Plus its not technically first party so it won't be dragged down by the mediocre Sony worldwide studios.

Until dawn will be average.

Not really excited over the R&C 'remake'. Would much prefer they put their resources into making a new, proper exclusive.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45084 Posts

lol

AAA? Don't think anyone consider those games AAA, really. The Order is a big budget game with the purpose of being a graphical and cinematic showcase for the PS4. I wouldn't be surprised if this game sold well as it will appeal to a more casual audience. But that's the great thing about Sony, there's a ton of games aimed at all types of people. Uncharted 4 is AAA. The next God of War is AAA. These games have traditionally sold in the millions. R&C? maybe it'll be a hit with the kids, as this will be on par with the movie's audience.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Console exclusives are completely losing to PC this gen in quantity and quality. Last gen there was at least room for some debate, assuming sufficient ignorance concerning PC's available library was in place.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DEadliNE-Zero0

@Heil68 said:

I LOVE Insomniac, bought Sunset Overdrive day 1 and will buy the new Ratchet game day 1 as well. Not sure about Until Dawn, need more info and gameplay footage for me to make an honest opinion.

There's a video from PSX that showcase the game. Hope it helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3c8p2sRI9c

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@deadline-zero0:

I have a feeling Until Dawn will be a surprise. If they can pull it off, it has some potential. Depends on how well they handle the variations within the story according to the players choices. It would be pretty cool to have, for example, "failed" ending in which the killer wins, "semi-success" wins in which you escape but the killer also escapes, "full-success" wins in which you escape and the killer dies/gets caught and other variations of that sort.

I think that if they pull that off, it'll be a fun little game (sort of a "Make your own thriller" experience).

R&C is a remake from what I know, so it should be the same game but on the PS4. Not expecting anything overly amazing from that, however Tools of Destruction and Crack in Time (the last 2 main games) were pretty fun!

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RR360DD

Also calling the R&C 'reimagining' an exclusive is a stretch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

Until Dawn looks kind of boring like The Order does, at least based on the 24 minutes of gameplay here. It has a lot of potential to be good though.

Loading Video...

Ratchet and Clank usually does well at least on GameSpot, so it'll probably get a 7 or 8.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45084 Posts

@Desmonic: I don't think R&C will be the same, as it is meant to tie in with the movie.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DEadliNE-Zero0

@Desmonic said:

@deadline-zero0:

I have a feeling Until Dawn will be a surprise. If they can pull it off, it has some potential. Depends on how well they handle the variations within the story according to the players choices. It would be pretty cool to have, for example, "failed" ending in which the killer wins, "semi-success" wins in which you escape but the killer also escapes, "full-success" wins in which you escape and the killer dies/gets caught and other variations of that sort.

I think they actually do have full lose/won state.

I think that if they pull that off, it'll be a fun little game (sort of a "Make your own thriller" experience).

That's what it is. I'm just wondering if the story itself will be actually good. The character i've seen in the demos came off has annoying, to me atleast, so i'd probably just get them all killed. :P

R&C is a remake from what I know, so it should be the same game but on the PS4. Not expecting anything overly amazing from that, however Tools of Destruction and Crack in Time (the last 2 main games) were pretty fun!

Isn't it a whole new game, just like the movie? It's not suppose to be the first game with new graphics, but a "re-imagening" of the original. Different, which is why i wonder if they can pull it off well.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Now you could go with this...........or you could go with that.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Desmonic  Moderator

@deadline-zero0:

You evil bastard! lol

Hmm, the story will likely be fairly simple to make sure the player can take many routes (without breaking it). But I guess part of the fun will indeed be acting as a "God" and deciding who lives and who dies in the end :P

Yeah, about R&C I don't know. Honestly haven't followed what little info there is. I'm assuming we'll get the full blowout this E3.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

As XB1 owner MICROSOFT needs something RIGHT NOW to come out

some AAA i want the order I want blood borne

heres what i don't want random multiplats that looks like crap

microsoft U DIDNT deliver crap this month or last month or the next few months

this is sick whats happening they get 2 amazing games back to back while i get nothing i want the ORDER i want bloodborn i want that

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

lemmings talking more about PS4 games than their own. smdh.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DEadliNE-Zero0

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Desmonic: I don't think R&C will be the same, as it is meant to tie in with the movie.

You mean in terms of making choices? Because i don't see that happening. The movie connection s just to helps sell the game

@Desmonic said:

@deadline-zero0:

You evil bastard! lol

Don't worry, i'd actually save if you where in the game..............................maybe

Hmm, the story will likely be fairly simple to make sure the player can take many routes (without breaking it). But I guess part of the fun will indeed be acting as a "God" and deciding who lives and who dies in the end :P

That's actually a great point. Since it's suppose to be a movie game, the different level of choices might break the narrative pacing and lead to a convulsed storyline and awkward characterization. We'll have to see.

Yeah, about R&C I don't know. Honestly haven't followed what little info there is. I'm assuming we'll get the full blowout this E3.

We have to. The movie is in the summer.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Desmonic  Moderator

@deadline-zero0: Which is why I assume the overall plot will be somewhat simple (friends go for a snow vacation in isolated place, killer goes along/follows, killer "has fun", good/bad/mixed ending). Most of the choices should have little impact in the actual story but mostly on the path that leads to a specific ending (and mostly during the "killer has fun" part lol). That or they'll make a Kojima plot which will make no sense no matter how you look at it lol

Yeah, kinda weird we haven't seen anything yet about the game. It's also possible the next Sly Cooper game will also be used as "promotion" for it's respective movie.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#21 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I'll probably really enjoy Until Dawn, but I don't think it will do very well. I think Uncharted 4 will do really well but I will hate it.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

@deadline-zero0:

Im not putting much faith in Until Dawn. The game looks like a clumsily put together horror-themed Heavy Rain. And it also seems to be a grab bag of every done-to-death horror/slasher cliche.

Ratchet & Clank however I'm interested in.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

So your argument is that the opinions of a handful of people on some Sony exclusives aren't stellar so they must all be shit.

I suppose the question that should be asked is if you would rather something than nothing if you were to be... oh, in the Xbox camp.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RR360DD

@Telekill said:

So your argument is that the opinions of a handful of people on some Sony exclusives aren't stellar so they must all be shit.

I suppose the question that should be asked is if you would rather something than nothing if you were to be... oh, in the Xbox camp.

So instead of having nothing last year, the cows now have garbage this year. Congrats?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@Telekill said:

The thing is, Playstation has always been know for it's exclusives. It's the lifeblood of cows to hype up their first party studios and projects, both traditional IPs aswell has new ones.

Plus, Phantom Dust is "semi cancelled", and with Scalebound and Crackdown not looking like 2015 games, only Quantum Break remains. Sony still has these 2, plus NMS (sort of), Everybody's Gone to Rapture, RIME, Alienation, ect, etc.

But these 2 are the main AAA games besides Bloodborne and Uncharted 4.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#27  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Until Dawn seems like the next dogshit. Never played a R&C game before.

@deadline-zero0 you're trying to stir up the roach nest (cows)? lol, you evil person you...

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

A developer is only as good as their most recent game. So while it's understandable to have doubts that the next project will be good if their recent one isn't, I think they deserve a chance to do a better job. I mean look at Shadow of Mordor. If people just looked at the developers and judged them because they had some bad scoring games, they would have or probably already did, overlook Shadow of Mordor which became GoTY on various gaming outlets. So devs should just learn and try to make better games.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Considering cows have Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 to look forward to this year, it's still more than what Lemmings have to look forward to XD.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DEadliNE-Zero0

@remiks00 said:

Until Dawn seems like the next dogshit. Never played a R&C game before.

@deadline-zero0 you're trying to stir up the roach nest (cows)? lol, you evil person you...

Yes i am, but i'm actually curious aswell. After all, cows always scream about how Sony has the best exclusives, and these 2 seem to be the next upcoming games after Bloodborne, but, unlike BB, they're potential is still uncertain.

Also, you should play the Future Saga. The first 3 games atleast.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46216 Posts

@RR360DD said:

Also calling the R&C 'reimagining' an exclusive is a stretch.

Ratchet and clank is only on Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation Vita and soon Playstation 4

Bu...bu...bu it's exclusive :'(

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Also R&C sucks, what they need is a JaK and Daxter

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@deadline-zero0: Until Dawn will probably be another flop. I actually thought The Order 1886 looked better and would have more worthwhile gameplay then Until Dawn. I'm not really hyped for UD at all. It's a game I would grab off EBay for $20 or less some many months later if I was bored and wanted something different to play. Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 and No Man's Sky are really the must have games for me on the PS4 this year. HellDivers is out March 3rd, so I'm definitely grabbing that one. Sure it's an Indie, but so are other games like Below and Ori and the blind Forest. All must have games for me.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Heil68 said:

There's a video from PSX that showcase the game. Hope it helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3c8p2sRI9c

I did like Heavy Rain and have yet to play QD, but I would be interested in playing this.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

On gamespot? Not well but that won't mean they are good games. I personally have no interest in "Until Dawn" I think R@C will be good though. I'm also still looking forward to "The order 1886".

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@GhoX: It's been one year bro.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

I havent even looked at Until Dawn at all, and probably wont either.

Rachet and Clank games have never been anything I cared for.

The only games I cared for since the PS4's release are still the same games Im still wanting on:

MGS5

Uncharted 4

The Division

Batman

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#38 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

I don't even know what Until Dawn is.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@RR360DD: Better that than the Master Chief collection being the only hyped X1 exclusive that fell flat, not just by one or two reviewers buy by nearly all.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RR360DD

@Telekill said:

@RR360DD: Better that than the Master Chief collection being the only hyped X1 exclusive that fell flat, not just by one or two reviewers buy by nearly all.

Nearly all yet its sitting at a very respectable 85 on metacritic despite the online issues.

Keep crying

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#41 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Until Dawn looks like QTE trash for/from noobs. Not so sure about the R&C at this point.

Avatar image for snapcracklenpop
snapcrackleNpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By snapcrackleNpop
Member since 2015 • 274 Posts

ps4 has nothing of interest ... people bought it for its hardware now they can enjoy movie games with high story and less game play ... 5 hr games with no multiplayer in 2015 ... smh ... even if sony figures out the right balance like naughty dog has its still got that never update never changing psn .. for me psn cripples ps4 and its not worth the box they put the system in

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#43  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Hopefully Ratchet turns out great, but i'm cautious. The first in the series needed the most work. Part of me would rather see a new game, but given the series age, this will be a good refresher for new players. Beyond that I hope We see the Ratchet future games on Ps4 at some point, they looked great but were sub HD and not 60fps locked. The last one was just flat out 30fps.

New games would be great too! :p

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DEadliNE-Zero0

@Chozofication said:

Hopefully Ratchet turns out great, but i'm cautious. The first in the series needed the most work. Part of me would rather see a new game, but given the series age, this will be a good refresher for new players. Beyond that I hope We see the Ratchet future games on Ps4 at some point, they looked great but were sub HD and not 60fps locked. The last one was just flat out 30fps.

New games would be great too! :p

I'm not counting on the new R&C being 60fps, sadly. Gotta push those graphics. :P

@Ballroompirate said:

Also R&C sucks

no

, what they need is a JaK and Daxter

yes

COVAtheNOVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 COVAtheNOVA
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts

They have the presentation and graphics down pat. Too bad they miss horribly on everything else.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#46 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@PikminWorld said:

Until Dawn looks kind of boring like The Order does, at least based on the 24 minutes of gameplay here. It has a lot of potential to be good though.

Loading Video...

Ratchet and Clank usually does well at least on GameSpot, so it'll probably get a 7 or 8.

Where is the gameplay?

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts

Three different devs, three different games.

Nice try to spread FUD thought.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#48 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

@speedfog: ? Isn't the video in my post? If not, that's weird. Here's a link to it if the vid wasn't popping up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCpES5O5pvo

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

Before you ask, Bloodborne will probably be awesome and get a 9 on GS, and around 90 on MC, so that's an easy one.

So The Order 1886 reviews are out, and it's getting torn apart with a 66 on Metacritc right now. In the latter year, there'll be Uncharted 4, which is good.

But according to info, the 2 other AAA PS4 exclusives, Until Dawn and the new Ratchet and Clank are set to release sometime around the summer.

Until Dawn: I can see this game getting mix to good scores. A "David Cage"/"movie" type of game. The decision making mechanics looks fun and it seems to be a great party game. However, i could also see the "teen slasher" story and characters being horrible and cringe worthy. I guess this one will "live or die" by it's narrative.

Ratchet and Clank Remake: Now, i like R&C, but have fallen out of love for the series since the Future Trilogy ended. Recent games haven't been great, going by reviews. I hope it can turn out a great revival for the series. However, i have a feeling that, with Sunset Overdrive appearing to be their main project, the fact that it's suppose to be a movie tie-in game and that we haven't seen a single gameplay video, i'm sadly expecting mixed impressions.

So SW, what say you about these 2 upcoming ps4 exclusives?

I'm excited for Until Dawn as it has that Heavy Rain/ Beyond: Two Souls vibe.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#50  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I'm actually concerned about The Witcher 3. Mainly the combat and the performance. Although all performance issues I have heard of so far have been console issues (i.e. I don't care)... And I suppose CD Projekt RED has always been very good with patching their games.
I wouldn't call the previous combat systems a strength of the series, and I did hear murmurs that The Witcher 3 combat is uncannily similar to The Witcher 2 combat. I kinda hope they somehow made combat feel a little nicer and more fluid with less ability spamming. (Shield shield shield SHIELD!)
As a big fan of the series I pre-ordered this game (and because it was lowered in price quite a bit).