After playing Control Im pretty much done with Third person games.

• 69 results
Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 10992 Posts

Hello friends,

So currently i played control for like 2 and half hour and i feel like this is easily worst remedy game ever from a developer who made Best TPS game ie Max payne and best third person horror game that is Alan wake. even Quantum break was better.

gameplay mechanics absolutely suck. the shooting with one gun (which can upgrade or modify) is not fun, shooting bullet sponges enemies are not fun etc. it does looks nice and shiny but it run like crap.

It make me realized that third person games today absolutely suck and dont really want to play them anymore. more and more i tried end up hating them. at this point i dont even think I will like RDR2 if it hit PC despite it has wild west setting.

imo Hitman is only a great Third person game released this gen so far. RE2 was simply ok but RE7 was lot lot better. First person just add so much immersion factor. I liked just cause 2 alot back then but didnot liked 3 and 4. tried vanquish on PC and ended up hating it. ever since Max payne 3 no good third person game released imo. I

anyone else feel same?

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#2  Edited By phbz
Member since 2009 • 4755 Posts

Ok.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 31922 Posts

I thought you were Hardcore Ghosts, instead you buy games on the Epic store.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 4259 Posts

No. Looking forward to Gears 5, hasn't stopped me enjoying Spiderman, or Uncharted. A good game is a good game, a poor 3rd person game is a poor game because it's poor, not because it's 3rd person.

Gamerno6666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gamerno6666
Member since 2013 • 6979 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

He didn't. He pirated it.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 7492 Posts

Well if you don't like it, I might like it then.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 36095 Posts

Epic store, won't need to bother with it.

Good shit.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 13844 Posts

Soooo, what you’re actually telling me...is that it’s good! Perfect, I’ll pick it up this week!

Thanks!

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#9 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1199 Posts

Remedy is hit and miss for me.

Max Payne 1&2 suck.

Alan Wake was okay.

Quantum Break was good.

I would hope this is their best game yet control wise(no pun intended). Their old games had bad controls/shooting. They slowly got better with each game every gen.

I don’t believe you when you say control has bad shooting. It can’t possibly be worse than the older games.

I will still buy control when it’s $20 and I am confident I will like it.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 3570 Posts

Can someone please tell me what’s wrong with the epic store? Why do people seem to hate it other than having to click an icon other than steam to launch games?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#11 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 35842 Posts

@goldenelementxl: Its not Steam. Plain and simple. Also this has nothing to do with being a Steam fanboy cause PC gamers aren't as juvenile as console gamers. ?

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 13345 Posts

@Pedro: No they're more juvenile, the hate over a simple store proves it ?

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 I_P_Daily

@ghosts4ever: That's awesome news, one less genre for you to open your pie hole about lol

Ezekiel43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ezekiel43
Member since 2017 • 1980 Posts

Just gonna repeat everything I've already said about this overrated game.

I'm so tired of modern tutorials. It takes so long to get all the abilities needed to have fun.

Old game: Press C to crouch.

2019 game: After thirty minutes, have crouching unlocked by a specific crouching situation.

The crouch is pretty terrible too. Here's a proper crouch:

Control standing you up whenever you shoot is so dumb.

I do generally like the controls so far, including the accurate running and gunning, the visually powerful melee (which I've mapped to mouse button four) and the simple shoulder swapping (which I've mapped to key Z, just like in Max Payne 3). But I'm already getting kind of bored of the building. Doesn't help that all the combat music is so unexciting.

I like the cool down reload mechanic. No reload button needed.

It's taking way to long to unlock other weapons and abilities. I tried using the dodge feature (Ctrl) after looking at the button mapping two hours ago and still cannot dodge. This is some dreadful progression.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the journals. Can we get a western AAA game without audio logs and journals? What a lazy, tedious, unrealistic way to tell a story.

Loading Video...

Thank god Max Payne came out before all these western morons started bloating their games with tedious, unrealistic journals, letters, briefings, logs, notes and audio logs. Remedy told Max Payne's story through narrations, dialogue and cutscenes instead of assuming their players would constantly stop playing for lengthy texts and recordings. They have a place in games, but there is a limit.

The story is boring me. Typical fetch quest story so far. Go here and fix this, then go over there and fix that. The way the dialogue between characters is handled is so uninteresting. Whereas a movie or cutscenes ten years ago would make the conversations feel cinematic and seductive, closing in on things in the room, using different angles, making the characters sit down, walk around or interact with furniture, playing with depth of field, the modern game just, very boringly, alternates back and forth between the protagonist's face and the other character's, like some Mass Effect dialogue. They drone on about stuff I can hardly give a damn about, to the point where I couldn't listen to them anymore and decided to skip the latest back and forth.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 8672 Posts

Ghost... you haven't been a fan of third person games this entire gen. We're opposites. I can't stand most first person games.

Embrace the knowledge and move away from what you don't like. It's your money. It's your time. Spend them how you wish.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 5520 Posts

@ajstyles: Max Payne 1 and 2 had bad shooting and controlls? Lol, that's one of the dumbest things I've heard all week.

sleepnsurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sleepnsurf
Member since 2009 • 3237 Posts
@vfighter said:

@ajstyles: Max Payne 1 and 2 had bad shooting and controlls? Lol, that's one of the dumbest things I've heard all week.

I mean he did say basically all those games except quantum break was bad lmao. Honestly must be dumb lol.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ghosts4ever
@Telekill said:

Ghost... you haven't been a fan of third person games this entire gen. We're opposites. I can't stand most first person games.

Embrace the knowledge and move away from what you don't like. It's your money. It's your time. Spend them how you wish.

These 2 are two of most perfect games and some of my fav games of all time. perfect games.

its not like TPS is bad genre. it has too much potential but developers decide not to make quality third person game. why? gears of war and tomb raider sell. thats why.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ghosts4ever
@i_p_daily said:

@ghosts4ever: That's awesome news, one less genre for you to open your pie hole about lol

shenmue 3 is only third person game im looking forward to. and thats it.

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 12680 Posts

I'm enjoying the game, and gunplay and abilities really improve the further you get. Story is intriguing, game looks good and sound great.

Still there are a lot of little things that start stacking up against the game, primarily for me, is the nearly useless map. There's too much backtracking and aimless wandering simply because you have no idea where to go next or how to get there.

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#21 phbz
Member since 2009 • 4755 Posts

At this point it will probably be my goty.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54191 Posts
  1. Blog it.
  2. Not many people care about your opinion on video games. It's lackluster.
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pedro

@getyeryayasout said:

I'm enjoying the game, and gunplay and abilities really improve the further you get. Story is intriguing, game looks good and sound great.

Still there are a lot of little things that start stacking up against the game, primarily for me, is the nearly useless map. There's too much backtracking and aimless wandering simply because you have no idea where to go next or how to get there.

I agree. Add the following to the complaints.

Why do they do this?
Why do they do this?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44827 Posts

I don't know what you are talking about @ghosts4ever, Control is a brilliant game. Really nice gameplay, incredible level design, really great art direction, and a very psychedelic approach to the story. It's a combination of whimsical, sci-fi, horror, and film noir.

Did anyone here ever see the incredible movie Dark City? Reminds me of that. Floating aliens, telekinesis, world-bending.

@ajstyles said:

Remedy is hit and miss for me.

Max Payne 1&2 suck.

Alan Wake was okay.

Quantum Break was good.

I would hope this is their best game yet control wise(no pun intended). Their old games had bad controls/shooting. They slowly got better with each game every gen.

I don’t believe you when you say control has bad shooting. It can’t possibly be worse than the older games.

I will still buy control when it’s $20 and I am confident I will like it.

Dude, you are like the antigamer.

Max Payne 1 and 2 suck? Quantum Break was good?

Are you from a different earth? A different reality? Do you all have mustaches?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54191 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Did anyone here ever see the incredible movie Dark City? Reminds me of that. Floating aliens, telekinesis, world-bending.

Great movie. I'll be picking up Control once it leaves Epic.

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 getyeryayasout

@Pedro: It reminds me of the strawberry jam damage screens from Modern Warfare 2.

Also, playing on Xbox One X, kinda longish loading screens after dying, I'm sure it varies on PC.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mrbojangles25

@ezekiel43 said:

The crouch is pretty terrible too. Here's a proper crouch:

Control standing you up whenever you shoot is so dumb.

I do generally like the controls so far, including the accurate running and gunning, the visually powerful melee (which I've mapped to mouse button four) and the simple shoulder swapping (which I've mapped to key Z, just like in Max Payne 3). But I'm already getting kind of bored of the building. Doesn't help that all the combat music is so unexciting.

I like the cool down reload mechanic. No reload button needed.

It's taking way to long to unlock other weapons and abilities. I tried using the dodge feature (Ctrl) after looking at the button mapping two hours ago and still cannot dodge. This is some dreadful progression.

Yeah I just got the dodge mechanic, I agree, took too long. I feel dodge is a pretty basic thing. I get they wanted you to unlock via a story device but at the same I think they maybe could have done it earlier.

I too enjoy how the gun is handled. Morphing it into different variants and not reloading is a neat twist, and is very fresh. There's also a bit of spontaneous strategy involved as you need to use bullets on the weak folks, save the object throws for the armored people, and sort of juggle the two tactics.

The aim seems a little off to me, though, like the hit boxes aren't quite what they should be.

The crouch? Meh, it keeps you out of danger. Purpose served. It's better than sticky cover, at least.

@ezekiel43 said:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the journals. Can we get a western AAA game without audio logs and journals? What a lazy, tedious, unrealistic way to tell a story.

Personally, I like journals. It makes you feel more like an observer, a witness, and a historian to read all these things that have happened, to people that are probably dead and gone or place that will remain a mystery to you (or maybe not?...).

With that said, I do understand what you are staying. It would be nice to be part of that mystery and contribute your own story, at least more than you do. In Control you're reading about the things other people did, and then "Oh hey look I just stumbled off the street, now I'm the boss. Guess I'll run around and read things, maybe save a few people".

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 31922 Posts
@Gamerno6666 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

He didn't. He pirated it.

What a hardcore PC gamer, doesn't even buy the games he likes.

livingdeadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By livingdeadman
Member since 2016 • 385 Posts

Ya'll better not be pirating your games or a Demigoddess will telekinetically throw the hot soup you were eating at your face.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 1350 Posts

@ghosts4ever: I'm more in the boat of replacing "third person" with "all" games...so I'm kinda with you on that, but when you said RE 2 (my favorite game this gen) was ok and vanquish was terrible... you're on your own pal.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 I_P_Daily

@getyeryayasout said:

This explains why ghosts doesn't like it, he needs to have his hand held throughout the levels so he doesn't get lost.

Also thinking in a game is bad???

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@i_p_daily said:
@getyeryayasout said:

This explains why ghosts doesn't like it, he needs to have his hand held throughout the levels so he doesn't get lost.

Also thinking in a game is bad???

you got lost in STALKER too many times. a game you never and will never play.

but your hand holding on racing games all the time.

you have been praising mindless open world games so what thinking man game you played?

come on. I have been praising games like Deus Ex and STALKER and its far more thinking man than any game you played.

map n this game is incredibly dumbed down compare to

1999 system shock 2 map.

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 getyeryayasout

Hmmmm...interesting notes on a whiteboard in the research center have names and referenses related to a previous Remedy/MS partnership. This just got interesting.

Ya know, I just knew that her jacket looked a little too good. I knew it!

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#34 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2558 Posts

After poor Quantum Break i dont care about Control. Watched some gameplay.. the way she runs looks so weird, that big jaw woman. Remedy are dead to me.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#35 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 36983 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

Good to read. I'll pick it up when Im flush with $$

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 36095 Posts

Hmm who to trust?

Ghost or Cloud imperium?

He's talking shit about RE2 again, on the other hand, Cloud imperium name is directly related to Star Citizen.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ghosts4ever
@uninspiredcup said:

Hmm who to trust?

Ghost or Cloud imperium?

He's talking shit about RE2 again, on the other hand, Cloud imperium name is directly related to Star Citizen.

In last gen. i enjoyed far and few third person games. Max payne 3 being best of bunch. other than I enjoy Mafia 2 too. great game with great storyline. but today. third person games just disappoint me.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 3547 Posts

Gears of war was the best TPS last gen

This gen, Gears of war is still the best TPS.

The MP alone give it more content than any horizon/uncharted.

I dont even own an xbox one and can admit this.

Gears does not get the respect it deserves in the the TPS genre

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39108 Posts

Goodbye, you won't be miss.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Pedro

@davillain- said:

Goodbye, you won't be miss.

Who is leaving?

BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 913 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: I chuckled.

WESTBLADE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WESTBLADE
Member since 2006 • 568 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

Can someone please tell me what’s wrong with the epic store? Why do people seem to hate it other than having to click an icon other than steam to launch games?

Virtually zero features. Hell even EA's shitty Origin is a state of art software compared to Epic's launcher.

WESTBLADE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 WESTBLADE
@i_p_daily said:

@Pedro: No they're more juvenile, the hate over a simple store proves it ?

Most people aren't pissed at the store, it's over that terrible launcher. Just basic common sense. Peasants (and especially Xbots) like you will never understand though...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 44901 Posts

He didn't pay for the game but he is complaining about it?

WESTBLADE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 WESTBLADE
@Chutebox said:

He didn't pay for the game but he is complaining about it?

LMAO, still don't know if i should laugh at the irony/hypocrisy or feel puzzled by his stupidity.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 12977 Posts

Remedy are hacks. They haven't made a good game since Max Payne 2.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1199 Posts

@vfighter: @mrbojangles25: @sleepnsurf:

Have any of you played Max Payne 1 recently? I have!

It controls like trash. How can you honestly say you enjoy those controls in 2019 is beyond me. The level design sucks too. Boring bland corridors. Just a bunch of gray, black and browns.

At times Max Payne reminds me of a awful N64 game. It is like Perfect Dark levels type of bad.

I swear you guys are the crazy ones. Stop living in nostalgia. The game sucks today. Fact.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mrbojangles25

@ajstyles said:

@vfighter: @mrbojangles25: @sleepnsurf:

Have any of you played Max Payne 1 recently? I have!...

...I swear you guys are the crazy ones. Stop living in nostalgia. The game sucks today...

Do you know what "frame of reference" is? Perspective?

Any game that is almost 20 years old is not going to be fun, or at least as fun. So Max Payne 1, which was outstanding at release, is still not going to be any where near as fun as the most mediocre third-person shooter today.

This is why we judge things based on the standards of their time.

As much as we want to think certain video games are timeless, the fact is they are not. At least not for players; there are still a lot of things developers can learn from older game design.

With that said, if you were around for their initial release (as I said, frame of reference), they're a lot easier to enjoy because you can forgive their dated visuals and gameplay. This is why I can still play and enjoy the original Deus Ex, but I don't expect some 16 year old who's oldest game he played is Fortnite to enjoy it.

But you still need to respect it and give credit where credit is due.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#49 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 36983 Posts

@ajstyles: have u watched wizard of oz recently? It’s old. It doesn’t compare with today’s fantasy films. But intelligent people can use their brains while watching it to take into account it released in 1939 and is a classic for its place in history.

Max Payne is the same.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 2830 Posts

There is a reason 3rd person games are so common/preferred on console.

Can you guess what it is