Affordable Space Adventure on Wii U

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Out of no where, this little game shows up and it has blown my mind. This game. ladies and gentlemen, is the real deal. Its a "real" pure video game, the type of game that made video games fun and engaging back 20 years ago. Most of you will dismiss it a indie crap or something, but that would be a big mistake on your part. If you dont have a Wii U, buy one just for this game. This is what separates Wii U from the other systems, I have wasted time playing Destiny, and a bunch of over bloated, over hyped AAA disappointments this year, and finally something special like this comes along...it just gives me a little hope. Are you gonna give this game a shot, or pass it up?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I'm giving it a shot. I was convinced by the people at IGN who put up a video.

I'm gonna play it 2 player co-op, which sounds really fun. FYI to others, it has up to 3 player co-op.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

i'll give it a shot.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Fiddlesticks. Totally forgot about this. My WiiU is not in sight though.

Eh.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

It kinda just looks like a baby version of sub-terrania to me, but with with co-op.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

How much is it?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@Kaze_no_Mirai: $19.99

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44559 Posts

I was day one on it. Hell, you can't blame everybody for ignoring it, not even Nintendo had the good sense to promote it on Twitter even though they paid for this exclusive and it turned out to be a well rated game. They were wasting too much of their social media efforts on promoting Code Name STEAM and continually promoting Smash Bros and Amiibos well after its launch.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iandizion713

@lamprey263: To be fair why would Nintendo really promote a game that is not theirs. I understand it would help them out, but its the companies responsible to promote themselves. And with Youtube and other devices nowadays they shouldnt have to much of a hard time. I think the game looks awesome, not sure if im ready to get yet, but i might down the road. I have too much on my list right now being a new owner, but its great to know about it incase i need to recommend it.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44559 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@lamprey263: To be fair why would Nintendo really promote a game that is not theirs. I understand it would help them out, but its the companies responsible to promote themselves. And with Youtube and other devices nowadays they shouldnt have to much of a hard time. I think the game looks awesome, not sure if im ready to get yet, but i might down the road. I have too much on my list right now being a new owner, but its great to know about it incase i need to recommend it.

Because making a few Tweets on isn't all that much work. I'm not saying a paid commercial or anything. But the weight of Nintendo using their social media channels is something they do utilize.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iandizion713

@lamprey263: Yeah, that makes since. They could have done some more.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
@Videodogg said:

the real deal. Its a "real" pure video game, the type of game that made video games fun and engaging back 20 years ago

Lol what the hell does that even mean

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

@iandizion713: Thanks. I usually dont buy DD games at full price when they're priced that high. I bought. Axiom Verge though and was planning on double dipping on Shovel Knight but I may get this instead.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

I was day one on it. Hell, you can't blame everybody for ignoring it, not even Nintendo had the good sense to promote it on Twitter even though they paid for this exclusive and it turned out to be a well rated game. They were wasting too much of their social media efforts on promoting Code Name STEAM and continually promoting Smash Bros and Amiibos well after its launch.

Well they did at least promote it anyway (though not on social media). It was on their last Nintendo Direct. And because it was on their Nintendo Direct, other places that cover the Direct also talk about this game (e.g IGN, Nintendo World Report, etc.).

There's also a promotional banner right at the top of the eShop home page.

I think this is pretty good of Nintendo to this much for a game they don't own.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts

@Renegade_Fury said:

It kinda just looks like a baby version of sub-terrania to me, but with with co-op.

A good game for Lulu then...