Activison planning more remasters

#1 Edited by uninspiredcup (34257 posts) -

Aside from being very bad people, adding microtransactions, can't really say anything bad in regards to their remasters.

Crash sold 10 million units as well, clearly it's what the people want.

Activision wants to remaster other franchises after the success of Crash and Spyro

In recent years Activision has been taking us on a welcome nostalgia trip with remasters of some of its much loved classic games like Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy and Spyro Reignited Trilogy. Off the back of the success of reviving these golden oldies, the studio has plans to release more remasters of its older IPs in future. During a recent Q&A call the studio held answering questions relating to its financial earnings for the 2nd Quarter, Activision president Rob Kostich answered a question about the studio’s plans to remaster more titles given the success of its previous releases.

Kositch said both remasters have been incredibly well received by players and sales have been strong since both games launched, which reaffirms “the enduring nature of these franchises.” Due to the overwhelming success of the games, the studio is apparently set on bringing us more in future. "Stay tuned for future announcements on remasters of other franchises,” Kositch said.

There are so many games the studio could give a new lease of life to on today’s consoles. Reviving the Tony Hawk Pro Skater series would no doubt go down a storm, and lots of folks are also keen to get their hands on a remaster of the fan favourite Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, which has been rumoured for some time. While we don’t know what to expect just yet, knowing the studio have set plans to revamp some of its classic games library is welcome news.

#2 Posted by svaubel (4136 posts) -

Oh goody. Cant wait for other remasters to have cash shops/lootboxes crow barred into them.

#3 Edited by getyeryayasout (12382 posts) -

When reached for a quote, a spokesperson for the game pulisher stated, "Free money is great!".

Keep up the great work, Activision.

#4 Posted by Ant_17 (12695 posts) -

COD BLOPS remaster confirmed.

What else they got except COD? Sekiro?

#5 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (19127 posts) -

Yawn

#6 Posted by MirkoS77 (14341 posts) -

Tenchu please.

#7 Posted by Archangel3371 (28342 posts) -

Well aside from them adding lootboxes to these remasters a little while after release I guess the remasters were good on a technical level. Crash and Spyro weren’t really games that I was interested in playing again though. If they can remaster a game that I would like to play again I guess I would get it although I can’t really think of anything they have that I’d like to play again.

#8 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (15780 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

clearly it's what the people want.

But how many people honestly knew they were gonna cram microtransactions in the game two weeks after it released, and after all the reviews for it were already published?

#9 Edited by uninspiredcup (34257 posts) -

@hallenbeck77 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

clearly it's what the people want.

But how many people honestly knew they were gonna cram microtransactions in the game two weeks after it released, and after all the reviews for it were already published?

N Sane Trilogy never had microtransactions implemented.

One of the best remasters made (alongside Homeworld) if we're being honest.

Surprised they never done it from the start. That they eventually done it should be of no surprise to anyone.

Although they arguably did with Modern Warfare.

As long as they don't change the core gameplay to push them, none issue.

#10 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31402 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

N Sane Trilogy never had microtransactions implemented.

One of the best remasters made (alongside Homeworld) if we're being honest.

Surprised they never done it from the start. That they eventually done it should be of no surprise to anyone.

Although they arguably did with Modern Warfare.

Well, the devil wouldn't be the devil if he weren't two-faced.

#11 Posted by Telekill (8537 posts) -

@MirkoS77: Do they own Tenchu? I'd enjoy a new Tenchu with an added mission editor like in the second game.

#12 Edited by robert_sparkes (3218 posts) -

Still not played spyro or crash remasters might give them a go for a change in pace after the witcher dlc. A new tenchu would definitely be great if handled correctly.

#13 Posted by ProtossRushX (5591 posts) -

Disgusting company is disgusting.

I hope reviewers redid reviews when they added in MTX to innocent old remasters like crash team racing.

#14 Posted by my_user_name (10 posts) -

What else could they remaster outside of CoD?

A Blur remaster would be cool, but I doubt they'd do that.

#15 Posted by warmblur (2753 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:
#16 Edited by R4gn4r0k (31402 posts) -

This is always the first picture I find of Bobby Kotick:

#17 Posted by R-Gamer (407 posts) -

Outside of Tenchu they have nothing I care about.

#18 Posted by DaVillain- (37411 posts) -

Tony who again?

Give me Skate remaster series over Tony.

#19 Posted by uninspiredcup (34257 posts) -

@r-gamer said:

Outside of Tenchu they have nothing I care about.

Series sold 10 million, Japan content different, Activision still with distribution rights for the original titled.

Makes total sense this would be next.