Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 3008 Posts

Source

I don't even understand it. How is it possible or makes any sense that publishers has to approve games to be played with Geforce Now. Isn't Geforce Now just renting the hardware or did I miss something there? The games themselves are not rented or even bought through Geforce Now. How can a company decide how a product that a customer has paid for can utilize? Is this even legal?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 0

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 37126 Posts

@pc_rocks: Licensing. I am amaze people are still unaware of how licensing for software works.

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 5956 Posts

GEForce Now > Stadia and Xcloud who cares about Activision Blizzard games like war3 reforged and crap like that

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 131

#4  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 11405 Posts

Game streaming is shit.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 3008 Posts

@Pedro:

I know about it and as mentioned in the article no company apart from Blizzard has EULA that active prevents it. Furthermore, it doesn't make any sense at all. You already sold the license and the user is not reselling it or renting it as per the norm. Only he can use it or at the very least has the same options as that of inhouse systems. How could anyone prevents me from using the hardware I want?

Apart from all of that EULAs also have to comply with consumer laws. Having an EULA doesn't supersedes the laws. I mean there's definitely a technical reason/legal loophole that Nvidia removed those but I'm just trying to understand what am I missing.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1381 Posts

Who cares? It’s streaming lol

You can still play the damn game normally.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 29439 Posts

Greed. Just like how streaming services for movies and tv are going the same will happen with gaming. Each company wants their own service so they can make all the money. I certainly won’t be partaking in any game streaming services myself, sticking to physical as long as possible for me.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45657 Posts

they probably have their own streaming system in the works and, in the end, it is their property and no one else's

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#9 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 37126 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

@Pedro:

I know about it and as mentioned in the article no company apart from Blizzard has EULA that active prevents it. Furthermore, it doesn't make any sense at all. You already sold the license and the user is not reselling it or renting it as per the norm. Only he can use it or at the very least has the same options as that of inhouse systems. How could anyone prevents me from using the hardware I want?

Apart from all of that EULAs also have to comply with consumer laws. Having an EULA doesn't supersedes the laws. I mean there's definitely a technical reason/legal loophole that Nvidia removed those but I'm just trying to understand what am I missing.

My guess is that they have a deal with someone. But that is just me guessing.