madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18250 Posts

Saw this amazing line on an Alanah Pearce video ... bunch of nerds who got a cool job and now think they are the shiet ...

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Highly doubt it. Likely an out-of-court settlement and restructuring. If mediation isn't agreed upon by both parties, then it's gonna be a mud-slinging contest.

Yeah, I kinda knew I was being too hopeful.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61471 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Highly doubt it. Likely an out-of-court settlement and restructuring. If mediation isn't agreed upon by both parties, then it's gonna be a mud-slinging contest.

Yeah, I kinda knew I was being too hopeful.

Such a shitty merger, I know. Big corps in the legal system is just a slip-and-slide fun day.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

Activision sounds like a trash fire of a company to work at. When you cause employees to kill themselves you need to be razed to the ground and start again

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@kingtito: @onesiphorus:You do know the WNBA is the NBA, right? The NBA started the WNBA, and tied the original franchises to NBA counterparts. Over the years, the teams have become more independent, and as a result have become more popular. (And profitable) There are many reasons why the sport isn’t as popular as the NBA counterpart. Marketing, exposure, and yes, the product. But acting like the WNBA is some hopeless failure that needed to be bailed out by another company is like saying Microsoft had to save the Xbox from going under. They’re in fact the same company, just a division of that company if you will.

The problem pay-wise is, female players can go overseas and triple their salaries in smaller markets with franchises that make far less money. That’s a problem. But mark my words, at some point the CBA will even the profit-sharing across both leagues. Women will still make less compared to men, but their cut will be proportionate to the revenue their league brings in. Again, they players cut is only 20% vs 50% for the men in their league. The NBA can more than afford to kick in the 30%. He’ll, that might bring more talent back from overseas. Which would make the league better and more watchable

BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 1070 Posts

I'm not surprised that these things happens because to me, at times a work environment is like an adult version of elementary or secondary school.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58268 Posts

I wonder how much is Activision and how much is Blizzard.

In either case, this is pretty terrible and I am genuinely surprised shit like this still continues. I thought we were beyond this kind of stuff in this day and age.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58268 Posts
@Juub1990 said:

So is there any chance of the company going under because of that?

Nah, too big to fail and all that.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

@kingtito: @onesiphorus:You do know the WNBA is the NBA, right? The NBA started the WNBA, and tied the original franchises to NBA counterparts. Over the years, the teams have become more independent, and as a result have become more popular. (And profitable) There are many reasons why the sport isn’t as popular as the NBA counterpart. Marketing, exposure, and yes, the product. But acting like the WNBA is some hopeless failure that needed to be bailed out by another company is like saying Microsoft had to save the Xbox from going under. They’re in fact the same company, just a division of that company if you will.

The problem pay-wise is, female players can go overseas and triple their salaries in smaller markets with franchises that make far less money. That’s a problem. But mark my words, at some point the CBA will even the profit-sharing across both leagues. Women will still make less compared to men, but their cut will be proportionate to the revenue their league brings in. Again, they players cut is only 20% vs 50% for the men in their league. The NBA can more than afford to kick in the 30%. He’ll, that might bring more talent back from overseas. Which would make the league better and more watchable

The WNBA has never turned a profit since it's inception and has decreased in popularity over the years. I have serious doubts the CBA goes how you expect it to.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@fedor said:

The WNBA has never turned a profit since it's inception and has decreased in popularity over the years. I have serious doubts the CBA goes how you expect it to.

Viewership has grown 200% because the markets have expanded and so has the number of televised games. The attendance is down like 10% over it's most popular seasons, but channels like ESPN are seeing notable ratings increases in their telecasts. But, like I said earlier in this thread, visibility is a problem. There are only 16 televised WNBA games a year. But viewership in its last televised season was the highest since 2013. So your point isn't even remotely accurate unless you're solely talking arena attendance

Source

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts
Loading Video...

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1454 Posts

@hardwenzen: Well, I just watched it and had to push the like button like the other 30k people.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

It's the women's version of the NBA so yes we know.

They're still an independent league.

But it did need to get bailed out or the league would have folded decades ago. That's a fact.

No that's not true. They're not the NBA they're it's own league and business. The NBA is under no obligation to support it financially but they do anyway because the WNBA can't stand survive on it's own.

Obviously the teams that pay them triple overseas are making a lot more profit than the teams here in the states or else they'd go bankrupt as well.

Not until the WNBA because of a profitable league

It's 20% to 50% for good reason. The NBA makes billions while the WNBA needs millions from the NBA to survive. So until the WNBA starts making serious profit the players won't get that 50% they want.

It's not the NBAs responsibility to subsidize the WNBA and they're under no obligation.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 kingtito
@goldenelementxl said:
@fedor said:

Viewership has grown 200% because the markets have expanded and so has the number of televised games. The attendance is down like 10% over it's most popular seasons, but channels like ESPN are seeing notable ratings increases in their telecasts. But, like I said earlier in this thread, visibility is a problem. There are only 16 televised WNBA games a year. But viewership in its last televised season was the highest since 2013. So your point isn't even remotely accurate unless you're solely talking arena attendance

Source

and yet the WNBA cost 70M a year to run while brining in only 60M. That's a net loss of 10M per year. Players getting 30% of the share isn't going to happen.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7196 Posts

@kingtito: Of course not, they’re women. Women get paid less than men in America. And do the same job.

The NBA is sexist. It makes men and women play in different leagues cause of their gender, and not based on skill. It’s disgusting.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 kingtito

@mesome713 said:

@kingtito: Of course not, they’re women. Women get paid less than men in America. And do the same job.

The NBA is sexist. It makes men and women play in different leagues cause of their gender, and not based on skill. It’s disgusting.

Except that has nothing to do with it. They play in a league that loses<--- 10M per year and somehow they're supposed to get more of the profit share? Umm there is no profit since they're actually losing money.

Well they play basketball but hardly do the same job. Have you actually watched some of the games?

Are you serious? You think women can hang with the NBA players? The NBA players are the best in the world. They're faster, stronger and more skilled. Now I'm for equal rights but there is no way women would be able to compete with the men in the NBA. Not even up for debate

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

So is there any chance of the company going under because of that?

LOL no. When has a corporation ever been fined even a significant amount let alone going out of business because of it. The fine will mostly be a chump change in comparison that these corporations could just assume it as a cost of running business.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Mesome713

@kingtito: Tons of WNBA players are better than NBA players. And WNBA loses money cause sexist America don’t watch women sports. It’s NBAs fault women get paid so much less. Mix the leagues and give women a fair chance to compete. NBA needs to stop being sexist.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 kingtito

@mesome713 said:

@kingtito: Tons of WNBA players are better than NBA players. And WNBA loses money cause sexist America don’t watch women sports. It’s NBAs fault women get paid so much less. Mix the leagues and give women a fair chance to compete. NBA needs to stop being sexist.

Name 1?

That's a lie but I see where your head is at.

It's the NBA's fault for people not wanting to watch the women play? It's the NBA's fault the WNBA loses 10M a year?

Oh please. The women would get destroyed playing against NBA players. Do you even watch the games in either league?

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Mesome713

@kingtito: Breanna Stewart can out ball about all of them. She is a beast. Put her in the Bucks and they’ll be unstoppable.

Yes it’s the sexist NBAs fault. Women and men should be in the same league on the same teams. I want to watch Candace Parker passing alley hoops to Lebron James.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Well now people are just trolling…

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@kingtito: The NBA Board of Directors made the WNBA. The WNBA IS the NBA. Saying the WNBA and the NBA are separate is like saying Xbox and Microsoft are separate. The WNBA “division” of the NBA loses money, sure. They also only televise 16 games out of the entire season, and don’t market the game at all. Today its like they use NBA 2K as the sole marketing arm of the WNBA. It’s silly.

Xbox doesn’t make nearly as much money as other divisions in Microsoft. Is Phil getting paid in proportion to the money he makes with Xbox, or is he paid like a Microsoft executive? I promise you Phil, and other Xbox employees don’t make only 1% of what their Microsoft counterparts make…

Lothor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Lothor
Member since 2021 • 5 Posts

@Juub1990: Not at all.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@mesome713 said:

@kingtito: Breanna Stewart can out ball about all of them. She is a beast. Put her in the Bucks and they’ll be unstoppable.

Yes it’s the sexist NBAs fault. Women and men should be in the same league on the same teams. I want to watch Candace Parker passing alley hoops to Lebron James.

The NBA has open tryouts, she should give it a shot. I'm sure she'd have 0 issue with G leaguers.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 kingtito

@mesome713 said:

Hahaha umm no she can't. She's a monster against WNBA players but she'd get schooled against NBA players easy
1. she plays with a smaller ball
2. she's slow and wouldn't be able to stand in front of any NBA player aside from maybe a center
3. she'd get out muscled on the block and she's not quick enough on the perimeter

They already were unstoppable.

I get it, you're being sarcastic hahaha you got me

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By kingtito
@goldenelementxl said:

@kingtito: The NBA Board of Directors made the WNBA. The WNBA IS the NBA. Saying the WNBA and the NBA are separate is like saying Xbox and Microsoft are separate. The WNBA “division” of the NBA loses money, sure. They also only televise 16 games out of the entire season, and don’t market the game at all. Today its like they use NBA 2K as the sole marketing arm of the WNBA. It’s silly.

Xbox doesn’t make nearly as much money as other divisions in Microsoft. Is Phil getting paid in proportion to the money he makes with Xbox, or is he paid like a Microsoft executive? I promise you Phil, and other Xbox employees don’t make only 1% of what their Microsoft counterparts make…

And the teams were sold to individuals or to their counter parts. They're no longer a part of the NBA

It's own league and like I said the NBA isn't responsible to keep it afloat. They subsidize it which is great but they don't have to.

Who's fault is that? Not the NBA's. The WNBA is responsible for marketing their league as well as trying to get more games on TV. That's doesn't fall on the NBA

Well ok good for MS I guess but the WNBA is no longer part of the NBA. Not sure how you're not understanding that the NBA sold the teams to individual investors and to their teams counter parts. The NBA no longer controls the WNBA nor does it have any say so in what happens to the league. It's not a "division" of the NBA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
@kingtito said:

And the teams were sold to individuals or to their counter parts. They're no longer a part of the NBA

It's own league and like I said the NBA isn't responsible to keep it afloat. They subsidize it which is great but they don't have to.

Who's fault is that? Not the NBA's. The WNBA is responsible for marketing their league as well as trying to get more games on TV. That's doesn't fall on the NBA

Well ok good for MS I guess but the WNBA is no longer part of the NBA. Not sure how you're not understanding that the NBA sold the teams to individual investors and to their teams counter parts. The NBA no longer controls the WNBA nor does it have any say so in what happens to the league. It's not a "division" of the NBA

WNBA teams being independently owned is the exact same model the NBA teams follow. The NBA created the league, and helped it along during its early years. They ran the early 8 teams with the intention of them becoming independent when they were able to do so. They’ve done the same, or similar with NBA expansion teams in the past. Are the Pistons not part of the NBA because Tom Gores owns them? Dan Gilbert owns the Cavs, not the NBA. Teams being privately owned doesn’t mean anything...

And the NBA has always worked hand in hand with the WNBA in marketing and their TV deals. But we’ve seen, the more independent the WNBA operates, the better off they are. They just signed big deals with ESPN and Amazon. TV ratings are up with the measly 16 televised games of the past. The ratings will rise again, and revenue will improve.

This is the exact type of success Xbox has seen as they’ve become more independent from big Microsoft. But they’re both under a bigger umbrella

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 kingtito

@goldenelementxl said:
@kingtito said:

WNBA teams being independently owned is the exact same model the NBA teams follow. The NBA created the league, and helped it along during its early years. They ran the early 8 teams with the intention of them becoming independent when they were able to do so. They’ve done the same, or similar with NBA expansion teams in the past. Are the Pistons not part of the NBA because Tom Gores owns them? Dan Gilbert owns the Cavs, not the NBA. Teams being privately owned doesn’t mean anything...

And the NBA has always worked hand in hand with the WNBA in marketing and their TV deals. But we’ve seen, the more independent the WNBA operates, the better off they are. They just signed big deals with ESPN and Amazon. TV ratings are up with the measly 16 televised games of the past. The ratings will rise again, and revenue will improve.

This is the exact type of success Xbox has seen as they’ve become more independent from big Microsoft. But they’re both under a bigger umbrella

Yeah except the NBA washed it's hands at owning the WNBA. They have no responsibility in financing that league.

Bad analogy is bad. The Pistons and Cavs ARE actual NBA teams NOT WNBA teams. The WNBA ISN'T a part of the NBA any longer.

Sure the NBA started the WNBA and were responsible at the time but the times have changed. The NBA no longer has any financial interest in the WNBA yet they still help them out yearly.

The league losing 10M per year is somehow better off? If not for the NBA helping out the WNBA would have folded years ago.

Nobody is saying it won't. What I'm saying is the NBA has no responsibility to finance any part of the WNBA. They're not the same other than they're both basketball leagues.

You really should stop using this analogy. MS Xbox isn't the same as NBA and WNBA. The NBA doesn't own any part of the WNBA like MS does with Xbox. The NBA has no financial responsibility to the WNBA like MS does to the Xbox division. This is just a bad example

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@pc_rocks said:

LOL no. When has a corporation ever been fined even a significant amount let alone going out of business because of it. The fine will mostly be a chump change in comparison that these corporations could just assume it as a cost of running business.

@lothor said:

@Juub1990: Not at all.

Yeah, I figured this. Too bad.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1454 Posts

Blizzard Co-Founder Mike Morhaime apologized to the women at Blizzard, and I think this is a small but positive step forward.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#82  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58830 Posts

"We need some PR, go out and be humble as all shit. It worked with the China thing"

Ironically the guy behind him looks like he's contemplating sexual assault.

What a twist.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#83 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41525 Posts

Chris Metzen had a late response.

Yeah... more I think about it, isn't it kind of sketchy he would have a later response than Bill Roper and even grift enabler Mark Kern? Come to think of it, Jeff Kaplan left just before these were made to light similar to Michel Ancel at Ubisoft when THOSE allegations were made to light.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#84 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

I wouldn't call this "frat boy behavior". I would call it "maladjusted insecure nerds emulating frat boy behavior".