Acquisition in trouble? MS makes webpage..

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

That describes why the acquisition is "good for gamers".

https://news.microsoft.com/activision-blizzard-acquisition/

https://n4g.com/news/2512082/microsoft-launches-web-page-dedicated-to-activision-blizzard-buyout-and-how-it-will-benefit-gamers

Seems this deal may not go through if MS is this worried. Maybe they should make their games organically?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

Well, I thought cows aren't worried about AB acquisition. The past some weeks definitely imply otherwise.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

Honestly, we, sony fans, we just want HZD remake followed by a HZD show on HBO. This is what we want, and that's all that matters to us right at this moment.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PC_Rocks

@hardwenzen said:

Honestly, we, sony fans, we just want HZD remake followed by a HZD show on HBO. This is what we want, and that's all that matters to us right at this moment.

I'm disappointed that you're waiting for HZD show. It's a betrayal to GoW and Youtube.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@pc_rocks: not getting into that, just reporting what I see

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7196 Posts

Seems Cows are now worried about some competition.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34565 Posts

Sure, MS. It can't be that you wanted all the profits from Acti/Blizz while luring people to game pass, for even more profits. No no no. It's all because you care about us gamers.. somehow.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mesome713

@Litchie: Giving us all this day 1 on GamePass. Id say they care more than any other. GamePass cant be beat, subscribe for 1 month at $14.99 and play your favorite games for 30 days. Thats as proconsumer as it gets.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Jim Ryan is in Brussels on his hands and knees begging to stop the deal and cows think this web page has the deal in trouble 🤣🤣🤣

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46187 Posts

I'mma go meet Jim Ryan in Brussels and tell him to stop remastering games that came out last year.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34565 Posts
@mesome713 said:

@Litchie: Giving us all this day 1 on GamePass. Id say they care more than any other. GamePass cant be beat, subscribe for 1 month at $14.99 and play your favorite games for 30 days. Thats as proconsumer as it gets.

About profits? Yeah. Or no, but they have the most money and can do this. If Sony had that money, they'd do it.

And I personally pay $1 a month for game pass and still don't use it. If I had to pay 14.99.. That would suck, lol. Renting games for 15 bucks a month? **** that shit.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mesome713

@Litchie: You can also buy the games at a nice discount. So you could be playing the new CoD for $1, or buy it at a discount cheaper than greedy Sony will offer.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hardwenzen

@pc_rocks said:
@hardwenzen said:

I'm disappointed that you're waiting for HZD show. It's a betrayal to GoW and Youtube.

We're already watching gow on youtube together. Why not add some spice, and watch some HZD as well? I think it could be very exciting, and i think you'd agree.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 12897 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

https://n4g.com/news/2512082/microsoft-launches-web-page-dedicated-to-activision-blizzard-buyout-and-how-it-will-benefit-gamers

Seems this deal may not go through if MS is this worried. Maybe they should make their games organically?

I think Jim Ryan groveling to the board after a flight to Brussels speaks volumes as to the direction of the acquisition.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

When all you got left is hope and prayers..

Poo bovine brigade. lol :P

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16534 Posts

Well, there's a chance the EU blocks it, especially since they are a bunch a hard-core commies when it comes to these sorts of things, and it doesn't help that most of the EU is a bunch of Playstation nut huggers. If this were only US, the acquisition would have gone through long ago. But I really have to question the EU ...they've allowed Sony to aquire a bunch of companies, including bungie without any fuss. All those exclusive deals Sony made over the years, the EU didn't step in then either. I think this has more to do with the fact that most of the EU owns a ps5 over the Xbox.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blaznwiipspman1

@girlusocrazy said:

@blaznwiipspman1: Maybe the consideration has to do with the market valuation of each company?

that makes no sense. Microsofts gaming sector is in direct competition with sony, not their operating system / software / cloud services. In fact, MS provides sony with their cloud service lol. The EU are a bunch of bums. Bill Gates needs to call up president Joe Biden and ask for some favours to step on the EU like bugs they are.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mesome713

@blaznwiipspman1: EU is in shambles. Brother Biden should call and threaten to withdraw aid if they even think about stopping America Microsoft from better competing. Also EU just voted in a conservative PM. They are already trying to lower taxes for the rich.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#21 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69358 Posts

@mesome713 said:

@blaznwiipspman1: EU is in shambles. Brother Biden should call and threaten to withdraw aid if they even think about stopping America Microsoft from better competing.

🙄

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17420 Posts

This is typical of large acquisitions and mergers, gamers just aren't used to it because there's never been a deal of this magnitude in gaming.

What MS is doing is garnering PR support and keeping people engaged.

It would be irresponsible if they didn't. It's not a sign that they aren't confident in the deal. It's like running for public office, if you don't do interviews and speeches then nobody knows what your positions are or that you're even running.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
@mesome713 said:

@blaznwiipspman1: EU is in shambles. Brother Biden should call and threaten to withdraw aid if they even think about stopping America Microsoft from better competing. Also EU just voted in a conservative PM. They are already trying to lower taxes for the rich.

you have to be dumb to vote for these "lower taxes" for the rich conservative. They already benefit massively from the patent/IP commie laws that governments give away for free. But thats another topic. Besides, I thought you were fromt he EU?? Doesn't matter either way, anybody can join team America. F YEAH.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17420 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:
@navyguy21 said:

This is typical of large acquisitions and mergers, gamers just aren't used to it because there's never been a deal of this magnitude in gaming.

What MS is doing is garnering PR support and keeping people engaged.

It would be irresponsible if they didn't. It's not a sign that they aren't confident in the deal. It's like running for public office, if you don't do interviews and speeches then nobody knows what your positions are or that you're even running.

Like "Get the Facts", their PR campaign here doesn't even pass the smell test... It might be irresponsible running a PR campaign that anyone can tell is blatant lies

I'm not here to debate the truthiness* (anyone know the reference?) of a PR statement. I just came here to say that this is typical in large acquisitions or mergers. I have no doubt that MS is spinning the facts in their favor, it's what PR is and does.

This deal will go through and MS will definitely keep some of ABKs games exclusive but I believe CoD will be multiplatform

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8848 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

Wanna bet?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44098 Posts

@navyguy21: Nice Colbert reference. 👍

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56026 Posts

At this point, I really don't care if MS/Activision goes through with it or not as I don't have any love for Call of Duty anyway. I just want this deal to go through so gamers can shut up about the issue...especially Sony fans.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@girlusocrazy: you really think bill gates doesn't have friends in the EU...lol. Thats him shaking hands with a really big official in the french government. Theres another one below where hes shaking hands with EU after pledging $100m euro funds for climate. Jim Ryan is going to turn into Jim CRYING once again.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that MS thinks they should explain why consolidating most of the console gaming industry is great for anyone but MS. 🤣🤣🤣 Yes, MS. Your altruism knows no bounds

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

$69B later and, they still plan on being in third place. lol

But in all seriousness, every company in the conversation is trying to paint it for their own needs.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PC_Rocks

@hardwenzen said:
@pc_rocks said:
@hardwenzen said:

We're already watching gow on youtube together. Why not add some spice, and watch some HZD as well? I think it could be very exciting, and i think you'd agree.

What spice? There are no waifus in HZD.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen

@pc_rocks said:
@hardwenzen said:
@pc_rocks said:
@hardwenzen said:

What spice? There are no waifus in HZD.

You won't find better