AC Syndicate is a better Super Hero game than Spider-Man....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

Call me a lem or say its not a super hero game but hear me out. Syndicate is an amazing open world game and does make you feel like a Super Hero...or Super Villain. Playing as Evie and Jacob, feels like if someone like Two-Face got Batman's tool belt, and went back in time to take control of Victorian London, so set in a much more realistic version of Arkham, starting by taking over boroughs with gangs, and gaining support of other major figures in the city, like you'd do in real life, and kind of like what they do in Batman.

In Syndicate, climbing up the buildings is fun and intuitive as ever, way better than just running straight up a building. Now the introduction of that grappling hook just made climbing even funner, and just can't run down a street and fly away, but have to be close to places to actually go up them. Maybe chasing farts and pigeons in the skies is fun, but finding the right spot to zipline to get the helix's is so much more fun than any side-mission in Spider-Man. Basic beat em ups and car chases are fine, but stealing carriages from bad guys and freeing children from factories, feels way more rewarding, and stuff heroes should be doing, aka leaving basic stuff for cops to handle real shit. I also found grappling hook a ton of fun in combat, doing ziplines to drop assassinations, or using it for quick escapes, while in Spider-Man almost all my actual combat is on the ground, and normally just chasing something if I ever get to swing.

Ubisoft made mistake and saturated the market with 2 mainline games the prior year, so basically critics shit on Syndicate despite how good it actually is, Spider-Man is clearly way more popular and critically a better game, still, I'm enjoying myself much more in AC cause its not so repetitive, but also, can't believe how much I feel like a superhero. Point being, Syndicate is better route I'd like to see an Arkham like game to go, like replace Evie with Punisher or Daredevil, and not Spider-Man's route, I rather Insomiac go back to drawing board and use Sunset Overdrive as basis for new Super Hero game, cause Sunset Overdrive would be a perfect start for a Hulk or Silver Surfer game.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2 Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

I'm a big AC fan, Unity and Syndicate were by far the worst of the series.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Syndicate was underrated/underappreciated I think.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#4 madrocketeer  Online
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Syndicate was okay. I liked Evie as a character, and the gameplay was fine. However, the obvious collect-athon padding was horrendous. When you feel relieved that you don't have to play a game again when you complete it, that's not a good a sign.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

@todddow said:

I'm a big AC fan, Unity and Syndicate were by far the worst of the series.

I thought the same thing, and skipped them after AC4, despite AC4/Unity coming bundled with my old Xbox. Unity was troubled and was only playable with One X after it fixed frame issues, doing just the campaign was nice, but yes very flawed and bad, and no where near as good as AC4, I don't recommend the game, unless you just gonna do the campaign missions and skip everything else, yet the murder mysteries were quite a bit of fun....freaking chests killing AC games the way Korok seeds killing Zelda's game.

However, Syndicate takes all the things I liked about old AC, and just did all these neat new things. I don't feel Spider-Man did enough neat new things, I think reason it fell short with me cause I had grandiose expectations, and with Syndicate, I expected muff cabbage yet enjoying myself so much. Ever since I got that grappling hook, I couldn't help but compare the feeling to Arkham, and since this is System Wars, its the 1 place I feel comfortable talking about my dumb ideas.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts
Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Syndicate was one of the few AC games I would replay.

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

But it's not a superhero game

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

You can have your opinion... I guess...

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

I actually just beat Spiderman and I started playing A.C. syndicate the other day and I'm about 20% sync. I can't say I agree with you. Both are good games but web slinging through the city is much more satisfying than the zip line for me, and the story so far is standard A.C. fare. I also think the horse carriages segments are worse than any batmobile segment in Arkham Knight. It's like Ubisoft just used the driving engine for a semi truck from watchdogs and added a new skin to it.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

Bizzare thread.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

I know what it took to get every chest in AC4, and saw the daunting task of 100% sync in Unity, I thought I wouldn't bother. In AC Syndicate, I've enjoyed chasing down all the pickups, cause for 1, the game is crafted much better, so as long as I grab them while on activities and missions I get majority of them. But even cleaning up first area, I can fly down street in carriage and grapple hook off the carriage onto building, and can zip line like 100 meters to a kitty corner building, yet in any other AC game, that is completely out of the way. I've also noticed that when grappling, I tend to take in the view more than I can when zipping by as Spider-Man, and really enjoy it cause I love old London. This sounds familiar, cause I said same things about Arkham, that I enjoyed chasing down collectibles, cause I could it wasn't a lot of trouble to get into nooks and crannies, and enjoyed the slow glide and looking at details. I really think Ubisoft could do a super-hero game.

I think things will get interesting when Rocksteady's next DC game comes and we see Crystal/Eidos's Avengers game. I'd like to see Xmen Legends get remastered, and would like a X-Men or Dead Pool game.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Syndicate is solid game all round, with great and atmospheric sandbox.

FAr better sandbox than Spider-Man will ever be. Despite nice looks, the city in Spider-Man felt very last gen.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Everybody has their shitty opinions on something I guess...

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

Glad someone else enjoyed Syndicate.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Wouldn't watch dogs 2 be better than syndicate?

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Zappat
Member since 2018 • 1592 Posts

Every now and then, lemmings try to convince themselves that a poor man's version trying to imitate one of Sony's exclusive masterpieces is better than the real deal to ease their butthurt. But it doesnt work. They're still missing some of the best experiences of this gen and theyll be even worst gamers for that.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24914 Posts

Syndicate is terrible. Too easy that you cant fall down from building. waste of time.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Syndicate is terrible. Too easy that you cant fall down from building. waste of time.

You actually can fall, and force your character to jump from fatal height, just like in other ACs.

What a silly troll you are. Go away.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24914 Posts

@henrythefifth said:
@ghosts4ever said:

You actually can fall, and force your character to jump from fatal height, just like in other ACs.

What a silly troll you are. Go away.

you can jump but you cant fall down to building and die. thats my point.