About graphics and physics

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
    imagine if the wii wasn't created and nintendo is out this gen. microsoft and sony will be focusing on hardware and graphical powerhouses. graphics, AI, physics will be awesome like all you cows mentioned. if this continues there will be a time when the graphics in a game will be like the pics in a camera or even the environment and things we see in our eyes and the physics will be like real. after this what other things should be improved when the graphics and physics have come to an extent wherein its already like real?reality.? sorry for my bad english just want to hear some answers. i know i'm being futuristic but i'm just imagining.
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts

But Sony and Microsoft are focusing on great graphics and physics. And games will continue to get more and more photo-realistic anyway. Point?

callmewaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 callmewaffle
Member since 2007 • 905 Posts

imagine if the wii wasn't created and nintendo is out this gen. microsoft and sony will be focusing on hardware and graphical powerhouses. graphics, AI, physics will be awesome like all you cows mentioned. if this continues there will be a time when the graphics in a game will be like the pics in a camera or even the environment and things we see in our eyes and the physics will be like real. after this what other things should be improved when the graphics and physics have come to an extent wherein its already like real?reality.? sorry for my bad english just want to hear some answers. i know i'm being futuristic but i'm just imagining. lordlors

Animation and Voice acting?

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lordlors
what if the time comes wherein the graphics and physics are already like REAL not just photorealistic?? what will be the next step?
reaperstoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 reaperstoll
Member since 2006 • 918 Posts
Just because graphics are getting better doesn't mean that there won't be games with non-realistic art styles. Games like okami and kameo will continue to be made even once you can achieve photo-realism.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
The next step would be to surpass those of real life, but it would definately be difficult to, because I doubt anyone can comprehend what looks "better" than reality.
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lordlors

[QUOTE="lordlors"] imagine if the wii wasn't created and nintendo is out this gen. microsoft and sony will be focusing on hardware and graphical powerhouses. graphics, AI, physics will be awesome like all you cows mentioned. if this continues there will be a time when the graphics in a game will be like the pics in a camera or even the environment and things we see in our eyes and the physics will be like real. after this what other things should be improved when the graphics and physics have come to an extent wherein its already like real?reality.? sorry for my bad english just want to hear some answers. i know i'm being futuristic but i'm just imagining. callmewaffle

well IMO, voice acting is already realistic it doesnt need to be improved

King_Of_Spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 King_Of_Spam
Member since 2006 • 1263 Posts

But Sony and Microsoft are focusing on great graphics and physics. And games will continue to get more and more photo-realistic anyway. Point?

nyoroism
Have you ever seen Grand Theft Auto? Bad graphics.
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
Your point? We aren't even close to that point yet. New forms of control will obviously be the only route until we have total Matrix quality VR. The Wii is doing something unique, but they jumped the gun in completely abandoning improving graphics and physics.
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lordlors

Just because graphics are getting better doesn't mean that there won't be games with non-realistic art styles. Games like okami and kameo will continue to be made even once you can achieve photo-realism.reaperstoll

Oh i see. can i ask a question? i just want to know what are the games with non-realistic art styles that are being made for the next gen systems. i want to know about those new art style games.

nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nyoroism
[QUOTE="nyoroism"]

King_Of_Spam
Have you ever seen Grand Theft Auto? Bad graphics.

Have you seen other games for the PS3 and 360? Good graphics.
MR_SMI13Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MR_SMI13Y
Member since 2006 • 828 Posts
I dont know if u guys have seen the ps9 adds but if they get to the point where ur put into the game a la matrix I will love that. Too bad ill probably be like 60+ by the time that happens.
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lordlors

Your point? We aren't even close to that point yet. New forms of control will obviously be the only route until we have total Matrix quality VR. The Wii is doing something unique, but they jumped the gun in completely abandoning improving graphics and physics.Lazy_Boy88

yeah sigh... as i said, i was just imagining even if its still far far away. sorry for making this topic.

MR_SMI13Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MR_SMI13Y
Member since 2006 • 828 Posts

Hey guys I found the video I was talking about. If this happens I will be one of the few 80 year old gamers because theres no buttons to press.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An7CaJIYKEU

callmewaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 callmewaffle
Member since 2007 • 905 Posts
[QUOTE="callmewaffle"]

[QUOTE="lordlors"] imagine if the wii wasn't created and nintendo is out this gen. microsoft and sony will be focusing on hardware and graphical powerhouses. graphics, AI, physics will be awesome like all you cows mentioned. if this continues there will be a time when the graphics in a game will be like the pics in a camera or even the environment and things we see in our eyes and the physics will be like real. after this what other things should be improved when the graphics and physics have come to an extent wherein its already like real?reality.? sorry for my bad english just want to hear some answers. i know i'm being futuristic but i'm just imagining. lordlors

So your saying Oblivion is okay with just 10 repeated lines?

nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nyoroism
[QUOTE="lordlors"][QUOTE="callmewaffle"]

[QUOTE="lordlors"] imagine if the wii wasn't created and nintendo is out this gen. microsoft and sony will be focusing on hardware and graphical powerhouses. graphics, AI, physics will be awesome like all you cows mentioned. if this continues there will be a time when the graphics in a game will be like the pics in a camera or even the environment and things we see in our eyes and the physics will be like real. after this what other things should be improved when the graphics and physics have come to an extent wherein its already like real?reality.? sorry for my bad english just want to hear some answers. i know i'm being futuristic but i'm just imagining. callmewaffle

Starfox 64 was.
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lordlors

Hey guys I found the video I was talking about. If this happens I will be one of the few 80 year old gamers because theres no buttons to press.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An7CaJIYKEU

MR_SMI13Y

cool 

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lordlors
[QUOTE="lordlors"][QUOTE="callmewaffle"]

sorry i was thinking the best voice acting this gen doesn't need to be improved much longer only the bad voice acting of some games. i'm even pretty contented with the voice acting of NWN2. anyawy i said "in my opinion."