a totally subjective reason why i'm avoiding the PC this gen

• 151 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@SEANMCAD said:

@drekula2 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

The Difference with Consoles and PC Gaming . You only get out of a PC as Much as you put into it. You can alleviate some of that discomfort if only you wanted to or can afford to, and if you can afford a console then you can afford to.

Pretty much. Maintaining a PC is like maintaining a car or maintaining a pet. The good thing about a console is that you just set up the box and come home to it with no problems. No need to update, research about specs, but extra equipment, toggle some settings on your computer if the audio doesnt work, and such.

wrong!

PC does not require a lot of update and maintaining unless you screw around with everything and from what I have heard as it turns out consoles also do updates....dang!

Lol, seating arrangements do seem to come up an awful lot in this kind discussion :)

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Honestly, it's probably the real reason why PC gaming hasn't replaced consoles. The console has a place under your TV. A PC has a place on a desk. Sure you can mix it up and make your PC your TV too, but this is not convenient and not what most people do.

In the end, most people use computers for general use. A lot of people get tired of being on the PC. Console gaming allows people to move away and relax and play games on the couch. It's honestly the strongest reason for consoles being better than PCs. It's the convenience and relaxation factor.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

When I game on my PC it feels like I'm gaming.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@trugs26 said:

Honestly, it's probably the real reason why PC gaming hasn't replaced consoles. The console has a place under your TV. A PC has a place on a desk. Sure you can mix it up and make your PC your TV too, but this is not convenient and not what most people do.

In the end, most people use computers for general use. A lot of people get tired of being on the PC. Console gaming allows people to move away and relax and play games on the couch. It's honestly the strongest reason for consoles being better than PCs. It's the convenience and relaxation factor.

1. There are more pc gamers than any single system unless you combine all 5 consoles.

2. There is more pc gaming revenue than any single system unless you combine all 5 consoles.

3. Consoles are not better than PC in any facet unless you combine all 5 consoles.

4. PC is now the king of the living room thanks steambox and other formfactors.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By trugs26

@Jankarcop said:

@trugs26 said:

1. There are more pc gamers than any single system unless you combine all 5 consoles.

2. There is more pc gaming revenue than any single system unless you combine all 5 consoles.

3. Consoles are not better than PC in any facet unless you combine all 5 consoles.

1, 2 and 3 has nothing to do with anything I said.

4 is stipulated and without basis. You need to wait before sayings stuff like that.

Stop wasting my time with comments like that.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Jankarcop

@trugs26 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@trugs26 said:

4 is stipulated and without basis. You need to wait before sayings stuff like that.

Read the bolded. Better constitutes sales and gamers, as well as games.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@drekula2 said:

I spend enough time on the computer (whether it's for my job, checking emails, surfing the internet), it's much harder to relax and enjoy a game for a few hours. To be perfectly honest, playing video games on the PC (a lot of the time) feels like work.

It is, especially if you want to instal modes, use a controller or have to optimize and download crap just to get the bloody thing to run. Gone are the days when you could just throw a disc in the PC and play it. Yeah sure the graphics are better for AAA games if you want to run out and drop a 1000$ but I'm just not having fun with PCs like I used to. Also lmao at all the hermits butt hurt just because someone prefers console gaming.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#58 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

PC Gaming is a hobby, not so different from tuning cars or buying guitars.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@drekula2 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

The Difference with Consoles and PC Gaming . You only get out of a PC as Much as you put into it. You can alleviate some of that discomfort if only you wanted to or can afford to, and if you can afford a console then you can afford to.

Pretty much. Maintaining a PC is like maintaining a car or maintaining a pet. The good thing about a console is that you just set up the box and come home to it with no problems. No need to update, research about specs, but extra equipment, toggle some settings on your computer if the audio doesnt work, and such.

What do you mean no updates? I've seen my PS3 sit idle for almost an hour so many times just because there's a system or game patch it needed to download. Besides that, I've had my own issues with the PS3 unable to decide between wired and wireless controllers plus the PS3 remote control.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#60 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

When you already spend 6-8 hours a day in an office chair, sometimes the last thing you want to do is unwind in an office chair. That really isn't terribly difficult to understand. I like PC gaming, but some days after work I want to lay down on the couch with a wireless controller.

Having your PC hooked up to your TV is not an ideal solution for everyone, myself included. In fact, it's a deal breaker.

You spend your day sitting in a chair doing something that reminds you of gaming, and then need to "unwind" on a sofa.

Sounds like the story of the laziest human on Earth.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Jankarcop

@Shielder7 said:

@drekula2 said:

I spend enough time on the computer (whether it's for my job, checking emails, surfing the internet), it's much harder to relax and enjoy a game for a few hours. To be perfectly honest, playing video games on the PC (a lot of the time) feels like work.

It is, especially if you want to instal modes, use a controller or have to optimize and download crap just to get the bloody thing to run. Gone are the days when you could just throw a disc in the PC and play it. Yeah sure the graphics are better for AAA games if you want to run out and drop a 1000$ but I'm just not having fun with PCs like I used to. Also lmao at all the hermits butt hurt just becuse someone prefers console gaming.

Optimization and controller 3rd party installation takes 3minutes. Installing a game on xbox one takes 30+ minutes. Facts > Shielder.

Both my psn/xbl updates or game patches also take considerably longer.

PC is easier atm, until they work out these console kinks.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

@trugs26 said:

Well besides the convenience aspect, i think initial cost has alot to do with it.

Sure you can goto the supermarket buy a 8 pack of buns, a pound of ground beef, and a head of lettuce etc. and ultimately have cheaper, healthier burgers... but fast food offers greater convenience and a lower initial cost... as a result, its pretty damn popular.

Granted i base the long term cost observation off the stories of others. For me PC gaming costs a fortune compared to consoles, im too competitive, i want to buy the best of everything and have every competitive edge on my online competition. Not just in system hardware but constantly buying gaming keyboards/mice/gameboards and other expensive peripherals looking for that competitive edge.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

pc is and will always be superior,

because of the duke nukem 3d source port eduke 32,

and will remain so until it is ported to other systems

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Jankarcop

I can reformat my PC and install a game faster than I can just install a game on xbox one....

Where is this console convenience nonsense comming from?

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@Shielder7 said:

@drekula2 said:

It is, especially if you want to instal modes, use a controller or have to optimize and download crap just to get the bloody thing to run. Gone are the days when you could just throw a disc in the PC and play it. Yeah sure the graphics are better for AAA games if you want to run out and drop a 1000$ but I'm just not having fun with PCs like I used to. Also lmao at all the hermits butt hurt just becuse someone prefers console gaming.

Optimization and controller 3rd party installation takes 3minutes. Installing a game on xbox one takes 30+ minutes. Facts > Shielder.

games don't download any faster on my PC but they sure do install faster. But also I've never had an update I've seen on my X1 yet. they download and install while i'm at work sleeping etc when its off. When i turn it on, its always ready to go. For PC i have to turn it on wait for start up, then start up steam/origin etc. wait for that program to update then go to the game and download more updates there. PC gaming might give better graphics, but in no way is it more convenient to me and i imagine most people, then console gaming.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Jankarcop

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-xbox-one-install-times-need-to-improve/1100-6417201/

A. If you are familiar with PCs, PC is considerably more convenient than current gen consoles.

B. If you suck or are inept at PCs, obviously console is more convenient. This goes without saying.

It depends on the person. I'm A, great with PCs, so it's far more convenient. 30 minute+ installs are the biggest convenience offenders I've ever heard about in gaming next to unfix-able Skyrim on PS3 and psn/xbl going down or equally as atrocious patch times.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

If playing games on your PC feels like work, maybe you should take a break from gaming for a while.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By darkangel115

@Jankarcop said:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-xbox-one-install-times-need-to-improve/1100-6417201/

A. If you are familiar with PCs, PC is considerably more convenient than current gen consoles.

B. If you suck or are inept at PCs, obviously console is more convenient. This goes without saying.

It depends on the person. I'm A, great with PCs, so it's far more convenient. 30 minute+ installs are the biggest convenience offenders I've ever heard about in gaming next to unfix-able Skyrim on PS3 and psn/xbl going down or equally as atrocious patch times.

XBL is never down? not sure where you get that from.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

@blangenakker said:

If playing games on your PC feels like work, maybe you should take a break from gaming for a while.

but i enjoy playing them on consoles. example, i had la noire on steam sale for $5. i played like 5 missions and got tired of it. bought it for $20 for ps3 and beat it in a week.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@drekula2 said:

@blangenakker said:

but i enjoy playing them on consoles. example, i had la noire on steam sale for $5. i played like 5 missions and got tired of it. bought it for $20 for ps3 and beat it in a week.

So what you're telling us is that you make poor decisions

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@drekula2 said:

@blangenakker said:

is that a true story about la noire?

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Good for you, why should we care?

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Okay. Enjoy.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

@drekula2 said:

@blangenakker said:

Fair enough then, its your preference. But it just seems odd because depending on the game, play it on console or PC it shouldn't make much of a difference. Unless the game work sluggishly on your PC making it annoying to play.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I'm probably the exception, but I lie down next to my bed with a ton of pillows and game on my 32inch with a custom mouse pad I made out of my cpu fan box, lol. With a cordless keyboard and mouse.

It sounds horrible I know, but it's actually really comfortable.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@Jankarcop said:

XBL is never down? not sure where you get that from.

Not sure where you did, either. Read... more closely-er.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 CrownKingArthur
@darkangel115 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Shielder7 said:

@drekula2 said:

games don't download any faster on my PC but they sure do install faster. But also I've never had an update I've seen on my X1 yet. they download and install while i'm at work sleeping etc when its off. When i turn it on, its always ready to go. For PC i have to turn it on wait for start up, then start up steam/origin etc. wait for that program to update then go to the game and download more updates there. PC gaming might give better graphics, but in no way is it more convenient to me and i imagine most people, then console gaming.

if xbox one is doing something it cannot be 'off', it must be in a low power state - sorry, i'm sure this is what you mean, but i just want to clarify. and, well, sure pc gaming can be that inconvenient if you choose it to be that inconvenient. allow me to demonstrate.

i've never seen an update on steam, they download and install while I'm at work, sleeping etc - my pc is on all the time for file sharing anyway. when i wiggle the mouse - all my pc games are ready to go. if for some reason i ever restart my pc, it automatically logs on, and starts steam / origin etc - i've configured it that way deliberately.

whereas with my xbox 360, the last time i turned it on it required a system update, and gears of war 2 required a software update. everyone waiting2horde.

so, would you be willing to agree that these days - all platforms can achieve similar convenience?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#78 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

For PC i have to turn it on wait for start up, then start up steam/origin etc. wait for that program to update then go to the game and download more updates there.

You shouldn't turn your PC off unless you're going to be away for a while. There's a reason 'hibernate' mode exists.

Cold starts are hard as hell on any electronic component, and hibernate keeps just enough juice flowing so the traces don't contract.

Think of a road, and how it cracks and develops potholes in the winter and can buckle under extreme heat. Same thing with electronics: they expand when hot, and shrink when cold. You want to keep these cycles to a minimum.

Your 360/Xbone/PS3/PS4 aren't truly off when you turn it off, why force your PC off?

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By CrownKingArthur
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I'm probably the exception, but I lie down next to my bed with a ton of pillows and game on my 32inch with a custom mouse pad I made out of my cpu fan box, lol. With a cordless keyboard and mouse.

that sounds awesome. originally set up for watching media in bed or was it for gaming from the get go?

i'm right handed, my gf's a leftie. i sit on the right of the couch and use the right armrest as a mousepad. being a leftie she's on the left with the left armrest.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

Comfy couch, OPTIMISED controller, surround sound and great games FTW.

Surely cows and lems can agree on this.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

that sounds awesome. originally set up for watching media in bed or was it for gaming from the get go?

i'm right handed, my gf's a leftie. i sit on the right of the couch and use the right armrest as a mousepad. being a leftie she's on the left with the left armrest.

My rooms fairly small, and my tv's elevated a bit off the ground with the stand I have so it works perfectly for me. I just bring a bunch of pillows down to foot of my bed and lounge. It's freaking great.

Originally this was my console setup/tv. But I converted it to PC gaming once I built my own PC back in high school. I already watch practically all my tv shows/anime on my pc to begin with so this works perfectly,

I used to have a pc desk and a computer chair and all that jazz, but I've gotten so used to this comfort that it's hard to go back.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 CrownKingArthur

@ReadingRainbow4: that sounds like a good comfortable workable setup you've achieved. nice one.

i even do a bit of photoshopping / spreadsheeting from the couch. feels ergonomic.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@drekula2 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

I hope when you say update you mean hardware, because right now consoles are probably pushing more patches than windows.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

@lostrib said:

@drekula2 said:

I think you're doing it wrong

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By topgunmv
@br0kenrabbit said:

@darkangel115 said:

For PC i have to turn it on wait for start up, then start up steam/origin etc. wait for that program to update then go to the game and download more updates there.

You shouldn't turn your PC off unless you're going to be away for a while. There's a reason 'hibernate' mode exists.

Cold starts are hard as hell on any electronic component, and hibernate keeps just enough juice flowing so the traces don't contract.

Think of a road, and how it cracks and develops potholes in the winter and can buckle under extreme heat. Same thing with electronics: they expand when hot, and shrink when cold. You want to keep these cycles to a minimum.

Your 360/Xbone/PS3/PS4 aren't truly off when you turn it off, why force your PC off?

Unless you're buying a 200$ emachine, cold starts won't be a factor.

In fact, the only reason I've heard to leave a computer on all the time aside from quicker start up is that hard drives get most of their wear when the read heads rest/raise from the platter from powering up/shutting down, and hibernate would cause that to happen anyways.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 br0kenrabbit

@topgunmv said:

In fact, the only reason I've heard to leave a computer on all the time aside from quicker start up is that hard drives get most of their wear when the read heads rest/raise from the platter from powering up/shutting down, and hibernate would cause that to happen anyways.

The heads NEVER touch the platter. If they do, it's called a 'headcrash' (which is where the term 'crash' comes from, a software crash isn't a true crash).

If your HDD crashes, you're in trouble.

The arms park at rest toward the outside of the platter, but they never touch it.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By topgunmv

@br0kenrabbit said:

@topgunmv said:

The heads NEVER touch the platter. If they do, it's called a 'headcrash' (which is where the term 'crash' comes from, a software crash isn't a true crash).

If your HDD crashes, you're in trouble.

The arms park at rest toward the outside of the platter, but they never touch it.

http://www.datarecovery.com.sg/data_recovery/hard_disk_head_crash.htm

"While the platter is idle, the head typically rests on the surface of the disk or on parking bay. When the disk powers up and the platter starts to spin, the head rubs along the surface of the platter briefly before a cushion of air is strong enough to hover the head above its surface. During a power down, the process is reversed till the platter finally stalls. Damage can likely set in after a prolonged period of wear and tear."

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@topgunmv said:

"While the platter is idle, the head typically rests on the surface of the disk or on parking bay. When the disk powers up and the platter starts to spin, the head rubs along the surface of the platter briefly before a cushion of air is strong enough to hover the head above its surface. During a power down, the process is reversed till the platter finally stalls. Damage can likely set in after a prolonged period of wear and tear."

Bolded.

I haven't known HDDs to rest on platters since the days you had to type park. That went out with the RLL/MFM and Winchester type drives.

Crack open a spare HDD some day and have a look.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By trugs26

@Jankarcop said:

@trugs26 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@trugs26 said:

Read the bolded. Better constitutes sales and gamers, as well as games.

It's a reason for the console being better than a PC. Yes. That is a reason. There is no objective truth to the matter. Some people exist (such as TC, most families, and every casual gamer I know which includes all of my friends) that prefer consoles over PCs. And I outlined the reason being that it's just so much more relaxing and easier to use a console than a PC.

I'm not going to debate with you on the objective truth of "which is better" (which if I did have to argue, it'd be that it doesn't exist). I'm just stating that there is a very good reason why people prefer consoles.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By trugs26

@BeardMaster said:

@trugs26 said:

Well besides the convenience aspect, i think initial cost has alot to do with it.

Sure you can goto the supermarket buy a 8 pack of buns, a pound of ground beef, and a head of lettuce etc. and ultimately have cheaper, healthier burgers... but fast food offers greater convenience and a lower initial cost... as a result, its pretty damn popular.

Granted i base the long term cost observation off the stories of others. For me PC gaming costs a fortune compared to consoles, im too competitive, i want to buy the best of everything and have every competitive edge on my online competition. Not just in system hardware but constantly buying gaming keyboards/mice/gameboards and other expensive peripherals looking for that competitive edge.

I agree, but to clarify, I consider cost to be a convenience factor too (much like your burger example - it's cheaper and convenient in terms of budgeting).

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 topgunmv

@br0kenrabbit said:

@topgunmv said:

Bolded.

I haven't known HDDs to rest on platters since the days you had to type park. That went out with the RLL/MFM and Winchester type drives.

Crack open a spare HDD some day and have a look.

Well I distinctly remember shows on techtv in the late 90's mentioning disk wear through that process in contemporary machines.

Either way, you aren't likely to damage your modern computer from powering it completely down.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 darkangel115

@the_bi99man: I was pointing out that it is never down and I have no clue why you would think it goes down a lot. You misread my reaction

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By darkangel115

@CrownKingArthur: yes In standby mode and no. Until the day my PC can turn on and off via a voice command, also turn on my tv. Allow me to control it without a mouse and or keyboard and switch games instantly from a voice command etc it can't be as convienant as my x1. I guess it can be as much as my ps4 but it would require me leaving it on.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 CrownKingArthur
@darkangel115 said:

@CrownKingArthur: yes In standby mode and no. Until the day my PC can turn on and off via a voice command, also turn on my tv. Allow me to control it without a mouse and or keyboard and switch games instantly from a voice command etc it can't be as convienant as my x1. I guess it can be as much as my ps4 but it would require me leaving it on.

interesting.

that's good you agree pc's pretty much on par with ps4, but i guess in terms of convenience the xbox one with kinect is a cut above.

damn. xbox platform is the most technologically convenient. a winner is you!

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@bforrester420: I totally get this, but unfortunately the internet refuses to understand logic that doesn't align itself to theirs. The last thing I want to do when I get off work is sit in a desk chair, and my PC isn't anywhere near my TV.

I'm totally on board with wanting to have a dedicated gaming console to relax on the couch with, something that boots up the game you're playing the second you turn it on.

Sadly, PC-centric gamers won't ever understand why anybody would ever play video games on anything other than a PC.

560ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 560ti
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

PC is more relaxing for me. Playing games on a consoles for me feels like work because:

• 30 fps or below. 900P. Strains my eyes. Feels like work

Whats funny is that I was playing games at 60FPS at 1600x1200 12 freaking years ago (not only that but neither my monitor or hardware was considered highend or groundbreaking at the time).

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

This only sounds like a problem if you're going straight from sitting at a desk at work to a desk at home...

Maybe get some other hobbies.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@Cobra_nVidia said:

@bforrester420 said:

When you already spend 6-8 hours a day in an office chair, sometimes the last thing you want to do is unwind in an office chair. That really isn't terribly difficult to understand. I like PC gaming, but some days after work I want to lay down on the couch with a wireless controller.

Having your PC hooked up to your TV is not an ideal solution for everyone, myself included. In fact, it's a deal breaker.

You spend your day sitting in a chair doing something that reminds you of gaming, and then need to "unwind" on a sofa.

I don't know what you're talking about. I don't know where you got the idea that my sitting at my desk at work reminds me of gaming.

If I chose to unwind with a game after work, and this time of year there aren't too many outdoor activities you can partake, I'd rather do it on my couch that at my home office desk. During spring, summer, and fall, I spend most of my afternoons at the golf course.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@bforrester420: I totally get this, but unfortunately the internet refuses to understand logic that doesn't align itself to theirs. The last thing I want to do when I get off work is sit in a desk chair, and my PC isn't anywhere near my TV.

I'm totally on board with wanting to have a dedicated gaming console to relax on the couch with, something that boots up the game you're playing the second you turn it on.

Sadly, PC-centric gamers won't ever understand why anybody would ever play video games on anything other than a PC.

They're just not very well-rounded people. Sometimes I'll game on my PC, sometimes I'll game on my console. Most days I don't game at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#100 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

@Cobra_nVidia said:

@bforrester420 said:

I don't know what you're talking about. I don't know where you got the idea that my sitting at my desk at work reminds me of gaming.

If I chose to unwind with a game after work, and this time of year there aren't too many outdoor activities you can partake, I'd rather do it on my couch that at my home office desk. During spring, summer, and fall, I spend most of my afternoons at the golf course.

First of all, your entire post was essentially "sitting at my desk at home reminds me of sitting at my desk at work." For most of us, our jobs are easily distinguishable from gaming, even if we are staring at the screen the whole day.

Secondly, the weather doesn't explain why you feel the need to "unwind" on a sofa instead of a chair. You can always go to the gym, exercise at home, or walk outside. All of those, however, will require more effort than "spending afternoons at the golf course"