A Top Tier PC Exclusive just received a major expansion

Avatar image for XVision84
#1 Posted by XVision84 (16210 posts) -

Source: http://expansivedlc.com/old-school-runescape-receives-first-major-multiplatform-content-update-with-kebos-lowlands/

The legendary Runescape is back, mates. New quests, a new town, and a whole new region. Can Runescape get any better? The answer is yes.

It's okay to be jealous, consolites. Maybe it'll get ported at a lower resolution and framerate one day.

Avatar image for techhog89
#2 Posted by Techhog89 (3739 posts) -

There's a mobile Runescape. Not exclusive.

Avatar image for The_Stand_In
#3 Posted by The_Stand_In (1065 posts) -

It says "multiplatform" right in the title.... because, you know, it's on phones too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8
#4 Posted by deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8 (75 posts) -

This game is really ugly.

Avatar image for XVision84
#5 Posted by XVision84 (16210 posts) -

@The_Stand_In: @techhog89: Mobile phones are just smaller PC's. Runescape isn't on consoles.

Avatar image for sovkhan
#6 Posted by sovkhan (1271 posts) -

@XVision84:

In what world???

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#8 Posted by Archangel3371 (28116 posts) -

All I can do is just shake my head in response. So sad.

Avatar image for XVision84
#9 Posted by XVision84 (16210 posts) -

@Xabiss: So if the author of the article said that you should jump off a bridge, you would do so? Don't believe everything you read on the internet, Xabiss. You need to extract fact from fiction, as I have.

Here are the facts: Mobile phones are miniature PC's. Runescape isn't on consoles.

Resorting to ad hominem attacks isn't helping your case and only makes you look foolish.

Avatar image for XVision84
#10 Posted by XVision84 (16210 posts) -

@sovkhan: Is Runescape a legendary game? Runescape is a global sensation. What game is so popular after all this time? Exactly. Pinnacle of open world design.

Avatar image for XVision84
#11 Posted by XVision84 (16210 posts) -

@Archangel3371: Me too, it saddens my heart that console users won't be able to experience Runescape. It's not only a revolutionary game, it also teaches bartering and economics which are critical life skills. It taught me how to make bread.

Avatar image for vfighter
#12 Posted by VFighter (4996 posts) -

10's of people are mildly excited by this news.

Avatar image for ajstyles
#13 Posted by AJStyles (904 posts) -

Runescape is 90’s trash lol.

Avatar image for XVision84
#14 Posted by XVision84 (16210 posts) -

@vfighter: The world population is 7 billion people. 10% of that is 700 million players. Seems like a resounding success!

Avatar image for xantufrog
#15 Posted by xantufrog (11503 posts) -

@XVision84: if mobile phones count as PCs, then consoles should too. At least they explicitly share typical PC hardware and OS architecture now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8
#16 Posted by deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8 (75 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

@Archangel3371: Me too, it saddens my heart that console users won't be able to experience Runescape. It's not only a revolutionary game, it also teaches bartering and economics which are critical life skills. It taught me how to make bread.

Minimum system requirements

Listed below are the minimum system requirements as stated by Jagex:[1]

High detail

  • Processor: Intel i5 or i7 or AMD Athlon X2
  • Graphics: ATi Radeon HD, 512MB Nvidia GeForce G 100 or better
  • Memory: 4GB DDR3
  • Video Settings: Graphic Details on High. All options turned on.
  • Renderer: DirectX or OpenGL [ DirectX (32-bit/ 64-bit) or OpenGL (64-bit only) ]

Medium Detail

  • Processor: Intel i3 or AMD Phenom II X4
  • Graphics: Most ATi HD and nVidia video cards
  • Memory: 4GB DDR3
  • Video Settings: Medium. Particles set to medium. Water detail set to low. Shadows set to static.
  • Renderer: DirectX or OpenGL [ DirectX (32-bit/ 64-bit) or OpenGL (64-bit only) ]

Low Detail

  • Processor: Intel Dual Core, Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD A series, C series, E series
  • Graphics: ATi Radeon Mobility, Radeon Xseries, nVidia M and Go series
  • Memory: 2GB DDR2
  • Video Settings: Low
  • Renderer: DirectX (Windows) or OpenGL (Mac) [ DirectX (32-bit/ 64-bit) or OpenGL (64-bit only) ]

Safe Mode

  • Processor: Intel Pentium, Intel Celeron, Intel Core, Intel Mobile or AMD Mobile series/single and Dual core.
  • Graphics: SiS, Matrox, Intel GMA series, Intel HD series, Via Chrome, GeForce 4, ATi Radeon 9000 Series
  • Memory: 1GB DDR
  • Video Settings: Safe Mode
  • Renderer: Safe Mode (runs directly off CPU)

I really believe that every console user has a PC and almost any modern pc can run it, I don't know what you're talking about.

Avatar image for XVision84
#17 Edited by XVision84 (16210 posts) -

@xantufrog: This is true, however consoles are made primarily for specific entertainment purposes. You wouldn't see a console with full workstation capacity and they have limited browsing/application capabilities. Mobile phones are more general in their capabilities and can be used for very general purposes. They're just a bit more limited than PC's but still maintain the general functionality purpose.

Avatar image for XVision84
#18 Posted by XVision84 (16210 posts) -

@gamer_lover: Not everybody has a pc capable of running that on max settings and not everybody games on their pc. It's a separate platform that must be engaged with hence exclusive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8
#19 Posted by deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8 (75 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

@gamer_lover: Not everybody has a pc capable of running that on max settings and not everybody games on their pc. It's a separate platform that must be engaged with hence exclusive.

Why would anyone care about max setting on RuneScape? I wouldn't use my 1080ti equipped PC to play it, I'd use my laptop instead.

Avatar image for XVision84
#20 Posted by XVision84 (16210 posts) -

@gamer_lover: It's best to appreciate artistry in its most suitable environment. You wouldn't display an art piece like Starry Night inside of a run down garbage can, would you? It's best in a gallery.

Avatar image for dagubot
#21 Posted by dagubot (1328 posts) -

...

Avatar image for Xabiss
#22 Edited by Xabiss (2686 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

@Xabiss: So if the author of the article said that you should jump off a bridge, you would do so? Don't believe everything you read on the internet, Xabiss. You need to extract fact from fiction, as I have.

Here are the facts: Mobile phones are miniature PC's. Runescape isn't on consoles.

Resorting to ad hominem attacks isn't helping your case and only makes you look foolish.

I am not the one looking foolish here. The mobile phone platform is NOT the same as PC no matter how much you say it. Sorry that crappy ass game you are bragging about is multiplatform and that is FACT!

BTW you have to be trolling, no one is this damn stupid.

Avatar image for XVision84
#23 Edited by XVision84 (16210 posts) -

@Xabiss: Xabiss, you can claim that you aren't looking foolish but surely you must back it up with evidence. A claim without evidence is like wine without taste. Hardly a point. Ad hominem attacks are a one way ticket to foolery.

You cannot pass something off as a fact without being able to provide evidence. I provided concrete evidence to back up my facts. Yours seem founded on emotion which shouldn't be the driving point of your argument.

Runescape isn't crappy, there are many people playing it even today and many who swear by it. That, my good lad, is an undeniable fact.

I understand being incorrect is difficult at times. I suggest meditation and tea to soothe the nerves and help the ache.

Avatar image for techhog89
#24 Posted by Techhog89 (3739 posts) -
@XVision84 said:

@The_Stand_In: @techhog89: Mobile phones are just smaller PC's. Runescape isn't on consoles.

By that logic consoles are also PCs, especially since Xbox One runs on the Windows 10 kernel, which would also invalidate your previous thread. And people are always talking about how mobile is killing PCs, which makes them competitors.

Avatar image for XVision84
#25 Posted by XVision84 (16210 posts) -

@techhog89: As I previously stated, consoles are mainly entertainment machines rather than agents of general use (as PC and mobile are). PC and mobile are as much work stations and browsing stations and even hacking stations as they are gaming stations. Mobile may be more limited initially (unless unlocked), but they still carry the same general use purpose as a PC. Consoles, even with their limited internet browsers, are not the same. You don't have PS4s in offices for your work.

A PC is fully capable of legally running a mobile device platform and there are many functionalities that work between them as designed (far more than any console). Therefore their competition is unique/different, but pc and mobile apps can again be run on one machine. This puts them very close to one another. I can call it PC/mobile exclusive if you wish but the two are so similar it almost seems superfluous. The point is that it is not on consoles.

Avatar image for Xabiss
#26 Posted by Xabiss (2686 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

@Xabiss: Xabiss, you can claim that you aren't looking foolish but surely you must back it up with evidence. A claim without evidence is like wine without taste. Hardly a point. Ad hominem attacks are a one way ticket to foolery.

You cannot pass something off as a fact without being able to provide evidence. I provided concrete evidence to back up my facts. Yours seem founded on emotion which shouldn't be the driving point of your argument.

Runescape isn't crappy, there are many people playing it even today and many who swear by it. That, my good lad, is an undeniable fact.

I understand being incorrect is difficult at times. I suggest meditation and tea to soothe the nerves and help the ache.

Still multiplatform, so get over it! Can I install my steam library onto my phone? Two different platforms so quit already you are really making yourself look bad. Your evidence is not a fact because you say it is. A Xbox is more Windows PC like then a phone is currently by OS and architecture of the hardware. So you really should just stop because at this point your are trolling.

Avatar image for XVision84
#27 Edited by XVision84 (16210 posts) -

@Xabiss: Refer to my most recent post replying to techhog. I outlined factually why a PC can subsume mobile platforms. I called it a PC exclusive for an explicit reason. You can, of course, choose not to look at my post. However, you would then be forfeiting this argument by way of willful ignorance rather than acknowledging my correct points. I would fully understand if you did so because it's difficult to argue something without concrete evidence, as you are attempting to.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#28 Posted by I_P_Daily (12018 posts) -

Insert yawning gif here for the OP.

Avatar image for XVision84
#29 Posted by XVision84 (16210 posts) -

@i_p_daily: Glad I could be of service. Just trying to look out for your sleep schedule.

Avatar image for Xabiss
#30 Edited by Xabiss (2686 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

@Xabiss: Refer to my most recent post replying to techhog. I outlined factually why a PC can subsume mobile platforms. I called it a PC exclusive for an explicit reason. You can, of course, choose not to look at my post. However, you would then be forfeiting this argument by way of willful ignorance rather than acknowledging my correct points. I would fully understand if you did so because it's difficult to argue something without concrete evidence, as you are attempting to.

I am not forfeiting shit. I don't have to read your stupid shit to know the PC and Mobile are two different platforms so get over it. No one agrees with you because the real truth is that game is multiplatform and PC/mobile are two different platforms. That is the facts to the matter. If what you are saying was true then Windows PCs/Xbox are the same platform because they share a hell of a lot more similarities by OS and architecture then mobile to PC.

So I guess Xbox, PS4s, and Switches are all the same platform now because you use all of those devices in the same manner right? Your argument is just trash man. Oh and your trolling is even worse!

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#31 Posted by I_P_Daily (12018 posts) -

@XVision84: I'm at work and need to stay awake, so could you disguise your trolling better as its so obvious its sleep inducing.

Either that or just let your trolling be known from the start as the hostility towards you from other posters would be more entertaining :)

Avatar image for davillain-
#32 Posted by DaVillain- (36884 posts) -

Meh to this.

Avatar image for XVision84
#33 Edited by XVision84 (16210 posts) -

@Xabiss: Again arguments with baseless evidence. How can you know that my argument is shit without reading it? You can certainly claim to know, but you don't really know. This invalidates the rest of your argument because we don't know what you're really passing off as "fact" and what are baseless assumptions.

I addressed every concern you brought up in my post to techhog. Nobody has addressed them yet. Unfortunately, actions speak louder than words and your unwillingness to view my arguments places you in a position of ignorance regarding my position. This proves you do not want to engage in discussion, potentially by fear of being incorrect. That is akin to forfeiting.

Some have also used your logic to assume the Sun revolves around the Earth.

Avatar image for XVision84
#34 Posted by XVision84 (16210 posts) -

@i_p_daily: Hey, people believed me in my threads. Even you did at first :P. If you let everyone know you're trolling it ruins all the fun :(.

Try pinching yourself real hard to keep awake. :)

Avatar image for Xabiss
#35 Posted by Xabiss (2686 posts) -
@XVision84 said:

@Xabiss: Again arguments with baseless evidence. How can you know that my argument is shit without reading it? You can certainly claim to know, but you don't really know. This invalidates the rest of your argument because we don't know what you're really passing off as "fact" and what are baseless assumptions.

I addressed every concern you brought up in my post to techhog. Nobody has addressed them yet. Unfortunately, actions speak louder than words and your unwillingness to view my arguments places you in a position of ignorance regarding my position. This proves you do not want to engage in discussion, potentially by fear of being incorrect. That is akin to forfeiting.

Some have also used your logic to assume the Sun revolves around the Earth.

No one is this damn dumb. Now I know you are just trolling thanks! So I guess it is true everyone a Switch, PS4, and Xbox are all the same platform because you use them in the same manner. ROFLMAO!

Avatar image for XVision84
#36 Posted by XVision84 (16210 posts) -

@Xabiss: Again with the ad hominem attacks. You're digging your own grave bud, don't say I didn't warn you :P. I didn't make that claim but you can keep using baseless arguments if you like. You seem to have a knack for it ;).

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#37 Edited by I_P_Daily (12018 posts) -

@XVision84: Firstly i didn't believe you i was bored and you were my source of the entertainment for the day :)

Now i assume (that shit gets you in trouble here lol) that you've been bored out of your brain all week and this has been your entertainment, but maybe put away the laptop etc and play a game because you're fast becoming yesterday's news :(

Anyway enjoy :)

Avatar image for XVision84
#38 Posted by XVision84 (16210 posts) -

@i_p_daily: Close, but not quite. I've been sick with the flu in bed all week and I've been using my phone for Gamespot not laptop. Netflix, gaming, reading, and trolling in between shows/games/chapters are my entertainment. I do agree I might have taken it a bit too far :P.

I don't care about the news my man, I do it for my own fun ;). And thanks :).

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#39 Posted by I_P_Daily (12018 posts) -

@XVision84: the news thing was just my way of saying you're becoming boring lol.

As for the flu well its summer here and not a cough lolly in sight just bikini clad ladies :)

Avatar image for XVision84
#40 Edited by XVision84 (16210 posts) -

@i_p_daily: I know, but as I said I do it for my own fun :). I'll tone it down though because even I'm starting to get tired of it. You can only argue with so many people :P.

Lucky you, I can't even see a single patch of grass, just snow. Good luck with the rest of your day ;).

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
#41 Posted by deactivated-5cd08b1605da1 (9317 posts) -

I literaly had to go to youtube to see what game you were talking about

after seeing it... lol. Is this what hermits hype as exclusives?

Avatar image for XVision84
#42 Posted by XVision84 (16210 posts) -

@Vatusus: Don't knock it till you try it. The woodcutting and fishing systems are on another level.

Avatar image for techhog89
#43 Posted by Techhog89 (3739 posts) -
@XVision84 said:

@techhog89: As I previously stated, consoles are mainly entertainment machines rather than agents of general use (as PC and mobile are). PC and mobile are as much work stations and browsing stations and even hacking stations as they are gaming stations. Mobile may be more limited initially (unless unlocked), but they still carry the same general use purpose as a PC. Consoles, even with their limited internet browsers, are not the same. You don't have PS4s in offices for your work.

A PC is fully capable of legally running a mobile device platform and there are many functionalities that work between them as designed (far more than any console). Therefore their competition is unique/different, but pc and mobile apps can again be run on one machine. This puts them very close to one another. I can call it PC/mobile exclusive if you wish but the two are so similar it almost seems superfluous. The point is that it is not on consoles.

So, PC and Mobile are not competing because they serve a similar purpose, but Xbox and Windows 10 are competitors because they're different in terms of purpose?

Avatar image for organic_machine
#44 Posted by organic_machine (9968 posts) -

@xantufrog said:

@XVision84: if mobile phones count as PCs, then consoles should too. At least they explicitly share typical PC hardware and OS architecture now.

Absolutely. Consoles have become PC's at this point.

Avatar image for XVision84
#45 Posted by XVision84 (16210 posts) -

@techhog89: Yes! I can go over it again but I'm honestly fairly tired. Let's just assume I'm right and agree to agree :P

Avatar image for techhog89
#46 Posted by Techhog89 (3739 posts) -
@XVision84 said:

@techhog89: Yes! I can go over it again but I'm honestly fairly tired. Let's just assume I'm right and agree to agree :P

Nah

Avatar image for XVision84
#47 Posted by XVision84 (16210 posts) -

@techhog89: Excellent, glad we could come to an agreement. It was a pleasure doing business with you and I look forward to future endeavours.

Avatar image for techhog89
#48 Posted by Techhog89 (3739 posts) -
@XVision84 said:

@techhog89: Excellent, glad we could come to an agreement. It was a pleasure doing business with you and I look forward to future endeavours.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#49 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (5729 posts) -

I remember playing this all the time years ago. Good times.

Avatar image for Litchie
#50 Posted by Litchie (24023 posts) -

K. I've heard about it. Barely know what it is. "Top tier exclusive". Isn't that game old as shit? Isn't this thread very random?