A question to the Hermits.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kev_Unreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kev_Unreal
Member since 2007 • 2818 Posts

Only Hermits post, NO console fanboys.

Many said that we play PC games without paying attention to the keyboard. Well, I have trouble playing a Jet Sim game.:(

Do any of you Hermits find a game were you have to pay attention to the keyboard?

caje47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 caje47
Member since 2005 • 2298 Posts
Not really. The only time I actually focus on the keyboard is when I first start playing a game and getting used to the controlls.
Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
Supreme Commander uses some fairly complex hotkey commands (Ctrl+Shift+M and stuff like that) but I rarely ever have to look down at my keyboard. I haven't played many games where you have to pay attention to your keyboard.
ishxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ishxan
Member since 2006 • 369 Posts
Not really. The only time I actually focus on the keyboard is when I first start playing a game and getting used to the controlls.caje47
Same..
Camzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Camzo
Member since 2006 • 2142 Posts
I don't even look at the keyboard when I'm playing I have learnt where they all are long ago...
Xolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xolver
Member since 2005 • 2052 Posts
Not really, but sometimes when I have numbers as hotkeys it can be confusing. But it's okay now.
chrisdojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chrisdojo
Member since 2005 • 5065 Posts
i look @ the keyboard while playing WoW to press the right # for stuff in my action bar. it doesn't hinder my playing in any way though.
Camzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Camzo
Member since 2006 • 2142 Posts
Lol why put @ how long does it take to press the other two buttons that make the real word which are much closer to the most used part of the keyboard..
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
if you're really into flight sims you need a flight stick. the keyboard just doesn't do the games any justice.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
Supreme Commander uses some fairly complex hotkey commands (Ctrl+Shift+M and stuff like that) but I rarely ever have to look down at my keyboard. I haven't played many games where you have to pay attention to your keyboard.Einhanderkiller
Same, I'm using and staring at my keyboard a ton in SupCom(god I love this game). Most RTS's as well. Less so for shooters, obviously.
sazreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 sazreal
Member since 2003 • 108 Posts
Most games try to follow the same format, so you generally don't have to aside from the first few minutes with the nuances.  A game I remember having to focus on the keyboard was Mechwarrior 2, since you could actually jettison ammo and it had some other "sim" aspects to it that were mapped to the keyboard(Overheat Overide was another one).
chrisdojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chrisdojo
Member since 2005 • 5065 Posts
Lol why put @ how long does it take to press the other two buttons that make the real word which are much closer to the most used part of the keyboard..Camzo
WOW you're awesome.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts
I don't have any problems with the keyboard, even on flight sim game where I use every key, plus combinations because there aren't enough keys. But I have been using a keyboard daily since the mid-80's, so go figure. I find it easier to find keys on the keyboard than on a PS2 controller when I play with my little nephews. I have to look to see where the Triangle button is, heh. I don't like using one thumb for most of the buttons. BTW, you should be using a HOTAS stick in combination with your keyboard.
santeri_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 santeri_15
Member since 2005 • 522 Posts
I mainly play first-person shooters, so I don't think I ever look at my keyboard anymore. When I start playing a new game I may have to look at where the keys I need are for a bit before I get used to them.