Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24847 Posts

Better than GTA. looking forward to this.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38138 Posts

Another cover shooter in the making. Enjoy it when it comes out in 2027.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

If it wasn't Hangar13 developing it I would have some hope for it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46006 Posts
@warmblur said:

I enjoyed both Mafia 3 as well as the remake, so I'm not bothered.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 R4gn4r0k  Online
@hardwenzen said:

Another cover shooter in the making. Enjoy it when it comes out in 2027.

But that's right when your Elden Ring expansion drops, won't you be busy?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:

Hanger 13 is bad studio for Mafia.

2k Czech/illusion were talented studio who made Mafia 1 a masterpiece and Mafia 2 a really good game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
@R4gn4r0k said:
@warmblur said:

I'm glad you enjoyed it the repetitive mission design in Mafia 3 was what really ruined it for me it's a shame because I thought the game had good characters. But the open world was dull as dishwasher also the gun sounds where just weak and took me out of it.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6847 Posts

I just recently played through the entire Mafia series about a month ago. They had the entire series available on PS+.

I'd rate them as follows

Mafia 2

Mafia( Remake)

Mafia 3.

So hopefully they can get read of the repetitive mission structure of Mafia 3 and make a good game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@warmblur said:

I'm glad you enjoyed it the repetitive mission design in Mafia 3 was what really ruined it for me it's a shame because I thought the game had good characters. But the open world was dull as dishwasher also the gun sounds where just weak and took me out of it.

Thats why Mafia 3 was ruined. It was open world as suppose to chapter driven linear/semi sandbox like Mafia 1.

They went full GTA/saints row/just cause. Mafia uniqueness is sim like realistic driving, realistic shooting and engaging mature story.

while Mafia remake was better than 3. it was still fall flat compare to original Mafia and even Mafia 2. if they use Mafia 2 gameplay in Mafia 1 setting/story than it would be no less than masterpiece.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Silentchief

@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

Hanger 13 is bad studio for Mafia.

2k Czech/illusion were talented studio who made Mafia 1 a masterpiece and Mafia 2 a really good game.

Is't Hangar 13 made up of all 2K Czeck employees plus new hires?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ghosts4ever

@silentchief said:

I just recently played through the entire Mafia series about a month ago. They had the entire series available on PS+.

I'd rate them as follows

Mafia 2

Mafia( Remake)

Mafia 3.

So hopefully they can get read of the repetitive mission structure of Mafia 3 and make a good game.

you missed the best one.

The original Mafia.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

Wasn't the biggest fan of Mafia 3 but enjoyed the first two enough that I'm curious where they take a sequel.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#13 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

This series seems to get worse with every entry. Can't say I have high hopes for this, even though the original Mafia is one of my favorite games

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55900 Posts

@warmblur said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@warmblur said:

Whenever I see the word "repetitive" I just think people shouldn't be playing games cause video games is what it means repetitive but to be blunt, the term has lost its meaning cause that's what you do in a video game, do the same over and over again. Guess I never think of such a thing since gaming is my passion and been playing games since 1993.

Enough of my rant, I also enjoy Mafia 3 the most and couldn't get into the other Mafia games, hopefully Mafia 4 turns up well.

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WladolfPutler
Member since 2022 • 256 Posts

Any infos as to what skin-color or gender they will throw us into?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Silentchief

@ghosts4ever said:
@silentchief said:

I'd rate them as follows

Mafia 2

Mafia( Remake)

Mafia 3.

you missed the best one.

The original Mafia.

No way in hell the original is better then the remake.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Silentchief
@wladolfputler said:

Any infos as to what skin-color or gender they will throw us into?

It's a prequel to the original my guess would be an Italian( white) male.

That's unpopular now but if your doing a Mafia game set in the 20s that would make sense.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Silentchief
@davillain said:
@warmblur said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@warmblur said:

Whenever I see the word "repetitive" I just think people shouldn't be playing games cause video games is what it means repetitive but to be blunt, the term has lost its meaning cause that's what you do in a video game, do the same over and over again. Guess I never think of such a thing since gaming is my passion and been playing games since 1993.

Enough of my rant, I also enjoy Mafia 3 the most and couldn't get into the other Mafia games, hopefully Mafia 4 turns up well.

The mission structure was awful. You killed 2 underbosses to flush out the main boss. You did the same thing over and over again with no variation.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ghosts4ever

@silentchief said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@silentchief said:

I'd rate them as follows

Mafia 2

Mafia( Remake)

Mafia 3.

you missed the best one.

The original Mafia.

Yes its far better.

better story, tommy angelo is better, shooting is better since mafia 3 shooting suck and remake have mafia 3 shooting, no cover mechanics.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 R4gn4r0k  Online

@silentchief said:

The mission structure was awful. You killed 2 underbosses to flush out the main boss. You did the same thing over and over again with no variation.

I agree, the overall mission structure was repetitive. That is why I switch it up and did both storied DLC in between and I never got bored once.

Also I really liked the weapons, the cars, the races, and all the other content they added.

If people would actually give the game a fair chance, and stopped just repeating the same one-sided message ad nauseam, they'd actually find a great game underneath.

8/10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
@silentchief said:
@davillain said:
@warmblur said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Yes, this is the main problem I feel like Hangar 13 where definitely cutting corners the mission structure it's the worst. It reminds alot of Far Cry 2 in alot of ways except FC2 combat was actually good but the mission structure was awful too.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:
@silentchief said:
@davillain said:
@warmblur said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Yes, this is the main problem I feel like Hangar 13 where definitely cutting corners the mission structure it's the worst. It reminds alot of Far Cry 2 in alot of ways except FC2 combat was actually good but the mission structure was awful too.

Max Payne, Mafia and Alan wake are pinnacle of third person shooter genre. but sadly Mafia get worse with each iteration however we now have Alan wake and Max Payne around the corner.

would be miracle if new Mafia turn out to be good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:
@silentchief said:
@davillain said:
@warmblur said:

Max Payne, Mafia and Alan wake are pinnacle of third person shooter genre. but sadly Mafia get worse with each iteration however we now have Alan wake and Max Payne around the corner.

It sure would be.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 R4gn4r0k  Online

@ghosts4ever: They should make a linear game just like how Alan Wake was changed from Open World to linear.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Silentchief
@R4gn4r0k said:
@silentchief said:

I agree, the overall mission structure was repetitive. That is why I switch it up and did both storied DLC in between and I never got bored once.

Also I really liked the weapons, the cars, the races, and all the other content they added.

If people would actually give the game a fair chance, and stopped just repeating the same one-sided message ad nauseam, they'd actually find a great game underneath.

8/10

I gave the game a fair Chance. I beat the game for christ sake. I played Mafia Remake, Mafia 2 and Mafia 3 back to back until completion. I actually enjoyed it for most the game but by the end of it I was ready for it to be done. The same thing happens to me when I play Assassins creed. I enjoy it for awhile but I rarely ever would revisit it. There was nothing the game did exceptionally well outside of the voice acting . The combat was decent but not spectacular, the driving was solid, the visuals were average and the attention to detail was mediocre.

Maybe the problem was I played the game 5 years after it came out and after I played RDR2 which was an absolute master piece.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:
@silentchief said:

It sure would be.

Daniel Vavra who made Mafia 1 and 2 did not made Mafia 3 and remake. He even hate remake also. his Mafia 3 version was different

https://www.world-today-news.com/daniel-vavra-revealed-what-his-mafia-3-was-supposed-to-look-like/

czech team should make new Mafia but sadly Hanger 13 proven to be failure.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R4gn4r0k  Online

@silentchief said:

I gave the game a fair Chance. I beat the game for christ sake. I played Mafia Remake, Mafia 2 and Mafia 3 back to back until completion. I actually enjoyed it for most the game but by the end of it I was ready for it to be done. The same thing happens to me when I play Assassins creed. I enjoy it for awhile but I rarely ever would revisit it. There was nothing the game did exceptionally well outside of the voice acting . The combat was decent but not spectacular, the driving was solid, the visuals were average and the attention to detail was mediocre.

Maybe the problem was I played the game 5 years after it came out after I played RDR2 which was an absolute master piece.

Yes, games should stop trying to outdo R* because nobody can come close.

I'm pretty confident R* has reached their high point though. GTA VI won't come close to the masterpiece that is RDR2.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Silentchief
@ghosts4ever said:
@silentchief said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@silentchief said:

I'd rate them as follows

Mafia 2

Mafia( Remake)

Mafia 3.

you missed the best one.

The original Mafia.

Yes its far better.

better story, tommy angelo is better, shooting is better since mafia 3 shooting suck and remake have mafia 3 shooting, no cover mechanics.

Thats nostalgia talking. The first one Is near unplayable.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Silentchief

@R4gn4r0k said:
@silentchief said:

Maybe the problem was I played the game 5 years after it came out after I played RDR2 which was an absolute master piece.

Yes, games should stop trying to outdo R* because nobody can come close.

I'm pretty confident R* has reached their high point though. GTA VI won't come close to the masterpiece that is RDR2.

Yea I agree. I large portion of their key members left and seeing how terrible their recent remaster are I think R* is going to run into some rough times.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#30 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@silentchief said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@silentchief said:

I'd rate them as follows

Mafia 2

Mafia( Remake)

Mafia 3.

you missed the best one.

The original Mafia.

Yes its far better.

gotta agree with Ghost here. the remake turns it into a cover shooter, which is more boring than what the original had. It also removed some immersive elements by adding modern stuff like on-screen mission markers etc. and I didn't like the new voice actors at all.

Just felt all wrong honestly. I only played a few hours before abandoning it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34469 Posts

1 - Good.

2 - Not entirely awful.

3 - The hell is this?

4 - Why bother?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Silentchief

@with_teeth26 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@silentchief said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@silentchief said:

I'd rate them as follows

Mafia 2

Mafia( Remake)

Mafia 3.

you missed the best one.

The original Mafia.

Yes its far better.

gotta agree with Ghost here. the remake turns it into a cover shooter, which is more boring than what the original had. It also removed some immersive elements by adding modern stuff like on-screen mission markers etc. and I didn't like the new voice actors at all.

Just felt all wrong honestly. I only played a few hours before abandoning it.

Well I never played the original so I have went in with a different perspective I guess.

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 949 Posts

It's a coincidence how I'm playing Mafia 3 while they announce this news .. in all honesty Mafia 3 is not a good game imho .. it's too repetitive and boring .. I hope they go back to the roots and create a focused experience that doesn't need to be an open world game ..

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15872 Posts

Maybe they should go back to 1930-1950 america.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Unpopular opinion: They should consider a 2050s setting, and have the game be a commentary about the militarization of law enforcement, dressed up with things like chicken walkers, energy weapons, and cyborgs.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7181 Posts

Hope it's more mafia 2 than 3.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38138 Posts

@flashn00b said:

Unpopular opinion: They should consider a 2050s setting, and have the game be a commentary about the militarization of law enforcement, dressed up with things like chicken walkers, energy weapons, and cyborgs.

I'd be instantly interested. The settings in the three Mafia titles were way too boring.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:
@flashn00b said:

I'd be instantly interested. The settings in the three Mafia titles were way too boring.

It defeat the purpose of Mafia.

Mafia should be set in the prohibition era. 1920s, tommy gun, suit and hats. that's what make Mafia.

dont need another saints row set in 2050.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@flashn00b said:

It defeat the purpose of Mafia.

Mafia should be set in the prohibition era. 1920s, tommy gun, suit and hats. that's what make Mafia.

dont need another saints row set in 2050.

I was honestly thinking about that kind of thing being done in a more serious tone. The militarization of police has been a controversial topic for some time now, and I feel like it's probably worth it for a video game to be a conversational piece about that. Dressing it up in a science fiction world's probably the best way to go about it IMO

I think such a game could take place in Empire Bay, and have the events of Mafia 2 be a justification for why Empire Bay's police department needs laser guns and mechs.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#40 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58647 Posts

My freind, it's a dead horse.

It's been dead for a while now.

Strings will not make it live.