A Message For All Who Have Lost Faith In Nintendo

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Nintendo already fooled many with the Wii. I would say most people will wait this time around how it works out.

glez13

That is true.

CAlNlAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 CAlNlAC
Member since 2006 • 689 Posts

Well when I woke up today I was really wanting Nintendo to be able to sell me on buying the Wii U when it comes out. After watching their press conference though they actually pushed me away from wanting to buy one and its got nothing to do with the controller either as I actually think it will be a really cool thing in the end. What disappointed me was the lack of software shown that I would find interesting. My thoughts and opinions from what they showed at their conference.

Pikmin 3 - I know there are people out there that like this series but I've never been a fan of it personally. Its just not my kinda game.

NSMB U - Meh another 2D Mario game. I'm sure it will be fun I guess but I was really hoping to see a new 3D Mario game.

Multiplatform games - Its great that they are getting some of the Xbox360/PS3 multiplat games but I already own those consoles so I'm not gonna buy a new console to play those games, some of which that were shown I've already played.

Nintendo 3DS stuff - I'm not a fan of handheld gaming so this stuff is just a bore for me personally.

Wii U Fit - LOL no thanks!

Just Dance 4 - Same as above.

ZombiU - Ahh now this I thought looked interesting after they showed the trailer but then later I saw some gameplay and it looked just meh. This could change as we learn more about it but for now its just meh.

NintendoLand - Ahh the Wii Sports of the Wii U. Thats fine I guess and I might play it a little if its the pack in game that comes with the system but from what they said to me it sounds like its gonna be a stand-alone game at launch that you have to buy separately. If thats the case LOL no thanks!

That covers everything I could remember. Nintendo had a really good chance to sell the Wii U to me and I'm sure others but they didn't. Where was the game Retro is working on? There were rumors of new F-Zero and Star Fox games, was that not true? I would have loved to learn more about the Wii U's UI and what its online system is going to be like. What about a launch date and price? Nope we didn't get any of those things. I dunno maybe I was expecting too much from Nintendo today. Anyway for now unless things change -and I really hope that they do- I will not be looking to buy a Wii U.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50549 Posts
lol damage controlme2002
Big time.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#54 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

The damage control is just ridiculous.

JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 JohnnyCageMK
Member since 2012 • 4365 Posts
If sheep didn't learn after the Wii and now after this conference they never will. Nintendo should really stop making consoles.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#56 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34589 Posts

Well, I've finally got a Wii-U game to drool over. Pikmin 3 looks all kinds of awesome. The graphics looks great, so 3rd party will probably be stronger than before. I think Wii-U could very well turn out fantastic.

Would be nice if they showed some more games, sure, but they are coming, even though they weren't at E3.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
such damage control....wow..
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

I'm a big nintendo fan but that showing was garbage. Pikmin 3 may have been game of show for me but they really didn't show shiit besides Scribblenauts, Pikmin and Mario that would get me really interested. The Lego game looked sick too despite not being my style of game.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="Hatiko"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]I really fail to see how mario embracing his old school roots is bad but hey, whatever floats your boatShinobishyguy

And if it wasn't like it is now people would be like "What is this? Why do thay have to ruin my favorite franchises?!"

seriously, the only two games in the series that could be considered "adventure" games (very loose using of the term) Would be SM64 and sunshine.

But apparently is something is level based it can't be epic for whatever reason

I have always preffered level based to be for sidescrolling platformers, FPS and such. Zelda and Metroid and more need to be exploration in a good world. THey kinda took that out to an extent in the latest entries, and I have yet to get that epic adventure feel from one of their games in a a decent while. It just makes me sad cause they have always been the best at making relatively large (for exploration) worlds, but small enough that they have so much charm and feel unique at every bend. I am dissapointed That we are not getting more of this, and are instead getting mini game compilations and such. The best Nintendo titles in my mind are always the epic adventures like Super Metroid, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Metroid Prime, Paper Mario, and more.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
the conference was horrible. No way around it. New episode of invisible walls pretty much covers all the bases why..
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#61 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

If sheep didn't learn after the Wii and now after this conference they never will. Nintendo should really stop making consoles.JohnnyCageMK
They take their franchises with them should that happen. There's no way Nintendo's rep is going to go that low developing for other platforms.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#62 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

ITT people taking E3 too seriously.

The WiiU will be a good ssytem with great games I am sure. Nintendo could have done a much much better job this E3; I was certainly disappointed, but I'm not going to let one E3 be the final judgement on whether a new system will be good or not.

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts
i lol'ed hard at OP :P
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#64 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

It's Darned if they do and Darned if they don't.

Haters of Wii have been clamoring for a WiiHD and a Normal Gamepad for Years and Now that it's here they say it sucks.

It's like this Article I just read on E3. They called the WiiU a Bust because there wasn't a Live Demonstration for the Two WiiU Gamepads working on Stage and Called Microsoft's SmartGlass great and a Gate Way for Two Screen Gaming, completely ignoring that the DS has been out for years.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

Yes, buy the console and games for it to give it a shot even if you don't care for what you have seen from it.

Makes no sense.

A PS3/360 owner has no reason to buy a WiiU.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#66 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Haters of Wii have been clamoring for a WiiHD and a Normal Gamepad for Years and Now that it's here they say it sucks.

It's like this Article I just read on E3. They called the WiiU a Bust because there wasn't a Live Demonstration for the Two WiiU Gamepads working on Stage and Called Microsoft's SmartGlass great and a Gate Way for Two Screen Gaming, completely ignoring that the DS has been out for years.

LegatoSkyheart
Too true, man. Too true.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#67 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

The Wii U is going to have a terrible launch lineup, and the only first-party game at the show that got me excited was Pikmin 3. The hardware is nothing to be excited about, and neither are the games (ZombieU looked intriguing, although it was mostly smoke-and-mirrors with the actual product not being very technically impressive). It's basically a current-gen console with a nifty new controller, but that controller only lasts 3 hours and takes almost as long to charge, so you'll be playing with a regular controller half the time anyway.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts

LegatoSkyheart
this
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

I see the WiiU as another Wii, and I bought a wii on launch day, that has been collecting dust for years now.

I won't fall for lies again.

Far_RockNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Far_RockNYC
Member since 2012 • 1244 Posts

Ill pass on the wii 1.5 port / kiddie game machine.

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts
but that controller only lasts 3 hoursTimstuff
Is that actually true? If so, :lol:
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#72 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Ill pass on the wii 1.5 port / kiddie game machine.

Far_RockNYC
That's alright with me.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#73 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
There was a dearth of info about the Wii U going into E3, and I thought, "Cool, e3 is here and they are going to shine light on the Wii U... maybe they will get me excited and convince me to buy one" That simply didn't happen. The only people that enjoyed the Nintendo show were people who were already on board with the Wii U from the get-go. Also, they didn't show a single game that made me want to buy a Wii U. But hey, I just got a new gaming PC. The games I can play RIGHT NOW are significantly more interesting than anything I saw at Nintendo's conference.
PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

[QUOTE="TyberZannxxxx"]

Why are you all unwilling to give the Wii U a try? Why do you fail to realize that it takes time for good games to be released for any console? You all failed to understand that Nintendo had a limited amount of time for its E3 presentation. You should all check news regarding the Wii U to see what games are coming out for it and at least give the console a try and see if you like it and the games that are available for it. At least Nintendo is trying to cater to the hardcore gamer. A full launch lineup has yet to be released. Why are you all unwilling to at least see a full list of what games will be coming to the Wii U? WHY ARE YOU ALL BEING IMMATURE, GREEDY BRATS?

loosingENDS

The visuals are dissapointing beyond belief

The tablet was terrible and akward

The game lineup is the ultimate joke in the gaming industry and then some

All in all, the last thing i would get me for gaming is WiiU

Well, I don't know about anybody else, buy you just sold me. Day one buy!
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#75 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

There was a dearth of info about the Wii U going into E3, and I thought, "Cool, e3 is here and they are going to shine light on the Wii U... maybe they will get me excited and convince me to buy one" That simply didn't happen. The only people that enjoyed the Nintendo show were people who were already on board with the Wii U from the get-go. Also, they didn't show a single game that made me want to buy a Wii U. But hey, I just got a new gaming PC. The games I can play RIGHT NOW are significantly more interesting than anything I saw at Nintendo's conference. donalbane

This is True. Nintendo's Press Conference showed NOTHING INTERESTING.

Just "Oh that's pretty cool."

If only they had like Star Fox or Something a bit more Interesting, or made something more Interesting.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

if you want me to give the wii-u a try then buy me one, i'm not paying 300+ to play games that i already played that don't look any different from my ps3 and i also have a nice pc so buying it for the updated graphics are irrevelant to me. Also I said pre e3 nintendo needed to do more then mario to get me on board and they showed 3 mario games so its same ol same ol from nintendo

fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#77 fadersdream
Member since 2006 • 3154 Posts

Why are you all unwilling to give the Wii U a try? Why do you fail to realize that it takes time for good games to be released for any console? You all failed to understand that Nintendo had a limited amount of time for its E3 presentation. You should all check news regarding the Wii U to see what games are coming out for it and at least give the console a try and see if you like it and the games that are available for it. At least Nintendo is trying to cater to the hardcore gamer. A full launch lineup has yet to be released. Why are you all unwilling to at least see a full list of what games will be coming to the Wii U? WHY ARE YOU ALL BEING IMMATURE, GREEDY BRATS?

TyberZannxxxx
You act as though we're obligated to buy it, or are betraying Nintendo because we're unimpressed. It is Nintendo's obligation, their job to convince us. Until they do so they have failed. . It's okay to make smart decisions with your money, their is no obligation to support companies that can't support themselves.